PDA

View Full Version : WTF BLACK SCREEN

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:03 AM
WHY AM I GETTING A BLK SCREEEN WTF ALL OF THE UPDATES THAT WOORK AND NOW THIS ONE DOESNT AND WHY IS THERE BLK SCREEN AFTER I TRY TO LAUNCH HELP PLEASE:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-x:-x:-x:-(:-(:-(:-(:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:05 AM
Don't spam emotes like that.
Don't use all caps when you want people to take you seriously.

Are you using the english patch?

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:14 AM
yes i am

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:17 AM
yes i amDid you back up your files and restore the backups before updating?

Do you have anything besides the core english patch installed? The others aren't updated yet and aren't working. Same with the item translation.

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:23 AM
all i did was open up tweaker normally i tried to play and got blk screen..... i kno to update im a long time player and all of a sudden this update will not work and will not show me a thing today and i dont get it out of all of the updates this one decides to not work

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:24 AM
blk screen only when i hit launch

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:24 AM
Try doing a full file check and running without the patches at all.

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2014, 06:31 AM
Did you remove the intro/login clip? If so try clicking a few times.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:34 AM
Did you remove the intro/login clip? If so try clicking a few times.
Oh right. I forgot about that? Wasn't it dissabled though?

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:35 AM
its still not working i click launch pso2 on the tweaker and it wont load nothing am i the only one?!????

Will_Nonheim
Apr 23, 2014, 06:44 AM
I've got the same thing.

For some reason the tweaker (and the normal PSO2 launcher) aren't downloading that latest 3.5GB update, so naturally the game goes to a black screen and crashes.
The question's more about forcing either program to perform the update.
How about trying to force an update? Try "check for PSO2 updates" in the tweaker perhaps?

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:46 AM
this is total shiet the tweaker this game and everything fk this like seriously?? the only update i care about ever for fking once and this happens? with this fkin stupid tweaker that fuks up your computer with viruses and bullshiet like srsly fk all this its so fkin stupid i try to play and i get a fking blk screen as my update fk all this i quit fk it im a normal player im not stupid i click on tweaker and it shld run normally and open fkin pso2 like it did before this bullshiet update and now i cant even get to play wtf wow!!!!!@!#!@#!@#@!#!@

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
this is total shiet the tweaker this game and everything fk this like seriously?? the only update i care about ever for fking once and this happens? with this fkin stupid tweaker that fuks up your computer with viruses and bullshiet like srsly fk all this its so fkin stupid i try to play and i get a fking blk screen as my update fk all this i quit fk it im a normal player im not stupid i click on tweaker and it shld run normally and open fkin pso2 like it did before this bullshiet update and now i cant even get to play wtf wow!!!!!@!#!@#!@#@!#!@

Dude, calm down.

Will_Nonheim
Apr 23, 2014, 06:48 AM
Watch your language.

Try forcing an update.

And calm down.

Takatsuki
Apr 23, 2014, 06:50 AM

Are you like 12 years old or something? Learn to type, damn noob.

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:52 AM
like really why do people insult me instead of providing help

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:53 AM
If it's not downloading the update at all then force it to check for updates. ._.

Takatsuki
Apr 23, 2014, 06:53 AM

Because you're acting like b20 cancer.

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2014, 06:55 AM
Okay, so I tested launching with the tweaker. It worked for me so it's something on your part.

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:56 AM
what did u test?

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 06:57 AM
and takatsuki go troll somewhere else im not your breakfast trollchables so fk off me and either help or dont talk here

Will_Nonheim
Apr 23, 2014, 06:58 AM

Because you thought swearing a lot would get you results faster, which isn't going to get much in the way of respect?

And also technically because you didn't go looking around the forum to see if similar problems were happening first. I suggest going to take a look at the tweaker thread, apparently there are problems related to this update which are being highlighted there.

And finally because it's fairly clear you didn't really try poking around and fixing the problem yourself first, choosing instead to come screaming into the forum.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 06:58 AM
and takatsuki go troll somewhere else im not your breakfast trollchables so fk off me and either help or dont talk hereNo, seriously, you're acting like a brat, it's not making people want to help you.

verage
Apr 23, 2014, 07:08 AM
u know what dont fkin help then im not gonna change who i am for you or anyone who comes and puposely insults me? and then u want to take thier side wtf u shld be saying "hey i know you are upset chill out dont let those people bother you " but no u wanna fkin be on tats side and agree that i dont deserve help wtf thanks alot u are just like my whole situation......................................... ................... FKED UP so if u dont wanna help me THEN DONT im not like this I AM HAVING PROBLEMS AND UPSET SO HOW THE FUK U THINK IMA ACT LIKE MY GOD FKING TROLLS READY TO POUNCE ON YOU EVEN WHEN U ARE ALREADY DOWN ITS SAD FK MAN WOW

jooozek
Apr 23, 2014, 07:11 AM
grow some balls

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 07:14 AM
u know what dont fkin help then im not gonna change who i am for you or anyone who comes and puposely insults me? and then u want to take thier side wtf u shld be saying "hey i know you are upset chill out dont let those people bother you " but no u wanna fkin be on tats side and agree that i dont deserve help wtf thanks alot u are just like my whole situation......................................... ................... FKED UP so if u dont wanna help me THEN DONT im not like this I AM HAVING PROBLEMS AND UPSET SO HOW THE FUK U THINK IMA ACT LIKE MY GOD FKING TROLLS READY TO POUNCE ON YOU EVEN WHEN U ARE ALREADY DOWN ITS SAD FK MAN WOW
All we said was to calm down. We can't trouble shoot if you throw a tantrum every time something doesn't work.

Takatsuki
Apr 23, 2014, 07:23 AM

I'm not even going to read that wall of stupidity.

Leave.

Now.

And don't come back.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2014, 07:27 AM
I'm not even going to read that wall of stupidity.

Leave.

Now.

And don't come back.
You're not helping.
http://i.imgur.com/nT1aJke.gif

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 07:33 AM
Don't bother playing if you're gonna act like that. You'll just give us a bad name.

Tomo-Kinji
Apr 23, 2014, 07:35 AM
For OP's sake of needing help, I'll list some possible solution

- Try to turn off and on your PC.
- Remove any patches you have installed.
- Launch game at tweaker

If it still doesn't work, try to:
- Turn of all opening videos

If it still doesn't work, turn back all the videos and at Tweaker menu:

- Click Troubleshooting > Reset PSO2 settings.
- Troubleshooting > Analyze Install for issues
- Troubleshooting > Check for deleted/empty file (In case there's something happen during patching). Otherwise do:
- Troubleshooting > Check for old/missing files (This is common issue when you skip a file during a patch update) ^^

If nothing else works, then consider using a backup copy of the latest PSO2 game you have. If not, consider redo all things above. That's it.

Gama
Apr 23, 2014, 09:40 AM
getting the black screen aswell, ill let you know what i did, once i solve it.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 09:52 AM

Because you're acting like a "fking" spoiled brat. Keep in mind that the tweaker was made VOLUNTARILY by some very nice dedicated people. You wouldn't even be able to play at all without them. Appreciate what you have. You don't yell at someone when you're give 100 bucks even if the one hundred dollar bill may be frayed on the edges.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 23, 2014, 10:07 AM
Did you install the latest English patch? As in, 4/22/2014? If you did, try going to Troubleshooting -> Check for Old/Missing files. Once that's finished, try and see if it works. If it does, install the patches.

Also, it's not very smart to curse, use caps, or insult people who are trying to help. If you have an issue, post about it in a calm and respectful manner, and we'll attempt to solve your problem to the best of our ability. Thanks!

Aida sama <333 so kakuiihttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxa7nj7Jqs1qkyuq8.gifuiii

Punisher106
Apr 23, 2014, 10:22 AM
in4 this person is Nanbobo on another account.

Gama
Apr 23, 2014, 10:23 AM
updating is done, but since in my chool online games are blocked, ill only be able to test it later.

but i can see the sega video now so... it should work fine now.

Keilyn
Apr 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
I ran into the black screen problem and I managed to solve the problem. Here is what I did.....

First and Foremost:

When applying patches change your resolution to windowed mode and 1280 x 720 for the purposes of troubleshooting. This is good as updating PSU means backing up information, installing patches and then installing on top of it the latest English Patch and English Story Patch.

Secondly:

If your game gives you a blackscreen, do not attempt to troubleshoot by launching the tweaker again while the black screen is present, because gameguard/nprotect is active and you will get an exception. The tweaker is supposed to quit itself when the game launches.

Now for what I did:

1) Run the Tweaker as Administrator to make sure everything works correctly. (Right click, run as admin)
2) The first updates usually are for the tweaker itself to update. These are quick, yet are not the game update. You might be inclined to run the game after the tweak update since it does read "All Done - System Ready" but your system is not ready.
3) Bare in mind if your update is a large one like 2 - 3GB, you will be updating for a bit.
4) "Check for PSO2 Updates" (or go after file check)

What you are aiming for is for when you start seeing the green bar downloading updates, but on the top of the tweaker seeing an increasing file size number along with the number of file downloads you will be downloading. It should reach around 2.7GB unpacked to over 3GB.

5) When the update completes you should apply your English Patch and Story Patch if need be. Currently at the time of this writing, do not apply the Large-File update...as it reads that it is "not-compatible"

6) You should be able to launch your test launch.

Make sure everything is ok and then restore your settings (such as your resolution)

Finally a word:

Screaming at people for a solution never solves anything, because solving computer problems are like medically treating people. First we have to diagnose what the problem is and, at times recreate the failure to be able to record an event log of it. We then have to get a configuration log of technology (parts) used in the system, as like people....computer comes in all shapes and sizes. Finally, we have to achieve to find a solution compatible with most systems which works without breaking the rest of the computer.

The best way to help in this process is to be scientific, critical and direct about your problems and findings. Being emotional does not help because it just causes troubleshooters to simply ignore emotions.

Truth is that troubleshooters do not care about your emotional state when fixing computers, not because they are cold, but because being Sad, Happy, Manic or Pissy does not give any real information about causes, symptoms or solution. In fact it makes solving the problem harder because time has to be spent finding real information that hints at problems, while filtering out the part of the text that yields no information, such as emotions and rants.

So the best posts are always the direct findings to your problems as well as follow-ups towards attempting to reach a solution.

^_^ Have fun. :P

Mysterious-G
Apr 23, 2014, 01:01 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't even reward that kind of behaviour. He should have figured the solution out himself, or die (aka stay offline) trying.

PucasKitten
Apr 23, 2014, 06:49 PM
I took the advice to force update and I believe that's what it was mine skimmed the update so now it is truly updating :) Thank you all for the help even if it was asked by another. I will let you know for sure when its done!

Macman
Apr 23, 2014, 06:53 PM
I've got the same thing.

For some reason the tweaker (and the normal PSO2 launcher) aren't downloading that latest 3.5GB update, so naturally the game goes to a black screen and crashes.
The question's more about forcing either program to perform the update.
How about trying to force an update? Try "check for PSO2 updates" in the tweaker perhaps?
Yeah that shit's annoying, pretty much making me have to check all 20,000 files instead of the ones that actually need updating. Been happening for quite a while.

Macman
Apr 23, 2014, 08:40 PM
I could've sworn at one point the tweaker would only check files that were new from the patch files. Maybe it's just false memories from a time when the game client wasn't so bloated.

Still, the tweaker likes to time out every update check on startup and has to be manually told to update for me. Not a big deal, though. :-?

CanaanAzure
Apr 23, 2014, 09:57 PM
I ran into the black screen problem too--
But my internet connection got interupted while I was downloading so tried the
Troubleshoot > Check for Deleted/Empty Files

And now its downloading 377 files because they all had a files size of 0.
Maybe that will fix my problem. ._.

Edit: Downloading those 377 files fixed it. Ahahaha.

Grady219
Apr 23, 2014, 10:19 PM
I could've sworn at one point the tweaker would only check files that were new from the patch files. Maybe it's just false memories from a time when the game client wasn't so bloated.

Still, the tweaker likes to time out every update check on startup and has to be manually told to update for me. Not a big deal, though. :-?

iirc it did. Then Sega changed the way the file check system worked and AIDA had no choice but to check all the files.

Keilyn
Apr 24, 2014, 07:34 AM
I actually like hash checks because what happens is that in games, file sizes change a lot more than the file name itself. The hash is there generated through file size. This also prevents files from different versions running together, and crashing the game.

This is actually one of the major problems inherent in Nvidia and ATI drivers. Where one would express-update a driver and before you know it, you have a lot filenames which are the very same, but from different versions causing graphical errors and glitches all over the place, while at least using STEAM or a Linux Operating System, there is a different Graphic Profile for each application in use.

@AIDA
Thanks for letting me know of the exception. ^_^

Raukuu
Apr 24, 2014, 01:51 PM
I ran into the black screen problem and I managed to solve the problem. Here is what I did.....

I literally made an account here just to thank you, so thank you very much for your wisdom :-)