PDA

View Full Version : Is there still a way to play PSO online for PC?

Daemon Gildas
Apr 23, 2014, 07:08 AM
I've been super disappointed with SEGA's radio-silence regarding PSO2, so I'm looking to dive back into the original PSO a bit. Since I last played on GameCube, I figure I'll just start all over for the PC version, since it has an extra episode. I'm curious, though, if you can still buy it new, or if the servers are still running?

Assuming I have no alternative to a private-server, are there any suggestions on that front? I don't mind the idea of people playing the like of Rico or Sonic and crew, but I don't want it to be something where people are stupidly overpowered, or Rares just drop off of everything you kill.

Also, kind of the most important question for me; can I play with a controller? Specifically, I have a wired 360 controller, and I just don't know I would like playing with a keyboard.

DC_PLAYER
Apr 23, 2014, 08:19 AM
Some private servers have introduced new items, while they are new some call it power creep as it makes everything else obsolete, with all due honesty only 1 server can appeal to your request of balance and fairness and that is the server that starts with the letter "E".

if you do a search on google for "phantasy Star online Private server" then that one will be visible.
The cons are obviously the amount of players there, but like everyone that plays there, they don't really care about it, it's also one of the few servers where the pop hasn't decreased, they are able to fight the tendency that makes ppl not want to play pso.

One of the main caractheristics is to be able to relevel your char, easy the 1st time, but gets progressively harder each time.

No corruption, dedicated mods and gms, they treat users properly.

Yes you can use a controller i believe

Daemon Gildas
Apr 23, 2014, 05:53 PM
Awesome to hear, thanks!!!

Also, since I'm thinking about it... *is* it possible to play as certain NPC's like Sonic and Knuckles, or is that pretty much just the more hardcore hacking servers?

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2014, 06:41 PM
I run my own private server (thanks, watashiwa!! :) ) so I don't play on the server that I believe you are looking at, but according to a forum post on their website, it looks like you are able to play as several different NPC's including those that you mentioned :)

JCGamer
Apr 25, 2014, 11:52 AM
I run my own private server (thanks, watashiwa!! :) ) so I don't play on the server that I believe you are looking at, but according to a forum post on their website, it looks like you are able to play as several different NPC's including those that you mentioned :):-o DUUUUUDE pm that link Violet XD I wanna test your Private server :lol:

VioletSkye
Apr 25, 2014, 01:52 PM
:-o DUUUUUDE pm that link Violet XD I wanna test your Private server :lol:
It's just a server I run for my kids and I when we feel like playing or when I want to experiment with something lol, it's not really a "dedicated" server that runs 24/7 :lol: I will say that it is very very similar to the server that starts with an "E" that DC_PLAYER alluded to and I may be wrong (which wouldn't be the first time lol) but I believe the "E" server software is based on the software I'm using that was graciously provided by one of the members here (that I mentioned in my earlier post.) Trying not to cross the line in terms of what can be posted about this, so if my post was too specific, my apologies.

JCGamer
Apr 30, 2014, 12:51 PM
It's just a server I run for my kids and I when we feel like playing or when I want to experiment with something lol, it's not really a "dedicated" server that runs 24/7 :lol: I will say that it is very very similar to the server that starts with an "E" that DC_PLAYER alluded to and I may be wrong (which wouldn't be the first time lol) but I believe the "E" server software is based on the software I'm using that was graciously provided by one of the members here (that I mentioned in my earlier post.) Trying not to cross the line in terms of what can be posted about this, so if my post was too specific, my apologies.: ;-) that cool that you made your own server for your family and kids my Friend that very noble of you and Please I understand my Friend :D