PDA

View Full Version : Mission (Spoiler Warning) Episode 2 Chapter 5 Discussion and Tips

Maronji
Apr 23, 2014, 07:14 AM
WARNING: This thread contains spoilers for Episode 2 Chapter 5. Proceed at your own discretion or turn back now.

I don't know if anyone cares all too much about the new story mission, the story tidbits, or the mechanics, but eh, I feel like doing this, so whatever.

Anyway, it's so big/epic/hard/whatever that it needs a checkpoint system. Yes, a checkpoint system. This should be self-explanatory, but trust me, it might just be a life-saver. Always pick the top option to continue from the last checkpoint or you'll hate yourself for it later.

It's also so epic that every Emergency Trial I've encountered so far will designate you as the target to be utterly destroyed by the Arks as you're now wanted for either treason or being an Arks clone(?).

I don't care how skilled you are. Bring your best tricks and gear, and don't underestimate the enemies too much. You might find yourself in a tight spot otherwise. This mission can be tricky for Shunka-spammers if you don't cancel in time, get caught in an AoE, or don't manage to finish off your target before it gets an attack out.

I'll be using this thread to detail my findings on the story mission itself as well as give hints and tips on the various encounters contained within (I might skip details about the story itself unless asked; haven't decided yet). Obviously, there will be spoilers, as per the warning above. DO NOT read on if you don't want to have the mission spoiled for you. Each section will be contained in its own spoiler box.

Part 1: Areas 1 & 2
Immediately when you start the mission, Matoi will automatically join your party. After the cutscenes (if it looks like you got stuck, just push a button), you'll start out in a corridor. Hunter-type Arks will stand between you and the next area. They're equipped with swords and use Nova Strike (and possibly Twister Fall), and are capable of stepping and Step Attack. They may also know how to guard. Just take them down and continue on. I forget if Ranger-type enemies also appear in the first area, but they're mainly armed with rifles and use Grenade Shell. I haven't seen if they have any other abilities

In the next area, Force-type enemies will join the fight. The male ones cast Foie and the female ones cast Barta. The projectiles seem to move pretty slow, so just try not to eat one and you'll be fine. They also seem to have Mirage Escape but I'm not 100% sure if they're invulnerable while using it. They can also heal, but it's negligible if you have half-decent attack power.

There's a fork toward the first third of the map to the north that's a dead-end. I'm not sure if you're required to go there, but it's an ambush. Once you start on the east fork, the spawns will start to get slightly bigger, with all three class types spawning at once. Try not to get caught between Hunter-types and keep an eye on the Ranger and Force-types so you don't take an easily-dodged hit. Keep following the path until you get a cutscene.

Congratulations on reaching the first checkpoint.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 2: Mini-Boss Encounter 1
The first mini-boss fight is against [SPOILER]Ohza, Marlu, Lisa, and Fourier. I hope you learned to dodge/guard, because eating a full Glory Rain or even a few hits from a Cracker Bullet might just ruin your day. Eating a Gigrants isn't too fun, either. If you have half-decent attack power, Resta won't be much of an issue, even with all four pulses.

The kill order is up to you, but if you have a hard time with the ranged attacks, take out Lisa and Fourier first. I don't know if Marlu does anything but buff, heal, and Gigrants yet, but if not, then you shouldn't have to worry much. You can pretty much ignore Ohza (you know, because lol melee), until the end as long as you keep your distance.

The enemies you just fought will now hold the line while you move ahead and you'll trigger Checkpoint #2.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 3: Area 3
The first spawn will consist of more Arks. A little bit further ahead force field will block your path off as Darkers spawn behind you. At the end of teh tunnel, a cutscene will trigger, and [SPOILER]Echo will join the party. Maria and Huey will also join as guests. Darkers will spawn in the next room and two groups of Arks after that. Proceed to the next area, triggering Checkpoint #3.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 4: Mini-Boss Encounter 2
You now face [SPOILER]the Three Heroes, Regius, Casra, and Claris Claes. If you played through the sidestory chapter (Episode 1 Chapter EX aka Matter Board 11), you should know what Claris Claes is capable of.

This first part isn't even really a fight as it immediately ends when you defeat one enemy (if you're Shunka-spamming, they go down extremely fast), so you might as well just focus one down as quickly as possible. I'd pick Claris Claes since Ra Foie isn't a fun thing to take by surprise.

After the battle, some cutscenes will trigger. Zeno, dressed in some new threads with a sweet-looking Gunslash, shows up to save the day, and Matoi temporarily leaves the area with Echo (as Echo is exhausted/wounded). Zeno, Casra, and Huey will call upon their special weapons (A Gunslash, a Talis, and Knuckles respectively), and the battle will begin for real. Your party will now be Zeno, Maria, and Huey.

Regius can use Stun Concide, Nova Strike. Casra will attack normally and can use Zan and Gi Zan (which is a target AoE instead of a self AoE), and Claris Claes can use Foie, Ra Foie, Sa Foie, and Shifta. Regius and Casra will occasionally stop and take a pose (a taunt I guess), leaving them wide open for a few seconds. Claris Claes will sidestep and Mirage Escape after every technique.

After taking a certain amount of damage (either one or all three; not entirely sure), they'll enter rage mode, and their attacks will become more aggressive. Regius will now start to use Overend. Get your dodge and block skills rolling, because if you get caught in the right chain of attacks (or if you get stunned and the others rip you a new one), you will wipe.

Again, the kill order is up to you, but as Casra and Claris Claes have target-focused Technics at their disposal, it may be prudent to take them out first. Be sure to stay away from Regius if you're not speficially targeting him, since you don't want to eat a stun or an Overend at a bad time.

Quna will cancel out the Absolute Order and give a speech to the Arks members, so you won't have to worry about fighting Abyssal Arks anymore. Also, Checkpoint #5 will trigger after the speech.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 5: Areas 5 & 6 and the trouble with clones
You will now be harassed by [SPOILER]a horde of Claris Claes clones. They have the same basic abilities as the Claris Claes you just fought, but they have much less HP. Head to the next room, where you'll encounter more bird-type Darkers. Continue down the corridor, where more Claris Clones will attack. Move on to the next area.

Here, the BGM will change a bit and your party will consist of Matoi only. This entire section is filled with only bird-type Darkers in slightly greater numbers. You can skip the dead-ends here if you wish. At the first intersection will be your first encounter. If you head west, you'll get ambushed at the dead end by a Luda Sorcerer and two Blundarl. Heading east, you'll encounter several smaller bird-type Darkers at the first corner and Solda-type bird Darkers at the second corner. At the next intersection, two Luda Sorcerers and several Strahda and Tyraluda will spawn. If you head to the dead-end to the west, a few groups of Darkers will spawn (and if you die there, you probably deserved it).

Head to the next area to trigger Checkpoint #6.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 6: Area 7
After the long cutscene, move forward to the intersection to encounter more Darkers. The dead-end to the east leads to an ambush by a horde of Blundarl. At the next intersection is a horde of Solda-types. The dead-end to the west leads to a Decol Malluda, so skip it if you can. At the next intersection is a Luda Sorcerer and its minions. I didn't bother with the dead-end here, so I don't know what's back there. When you reach the last intersection, a Blu Ringardha. If you defeat it, it opens up the last intersection, but you might as well go around it (yes, it lets you do that) and continue to the next area, triggering Checkpoint #7.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 7: Boss Fight -[SPOILER]Theodore-
A choice box will pop up during the cutscene. Answer it how you like because [SPOILER]Theodore has gone too far off the deep end to listen to you at this point.

Credit to Renvalt for outlining this fight.

The penultimate area is the Gate Room, which contains the fight against [SPOILER]Theodore. Also bears mentioning that, unlike Gettemhalt, Theodore actually has his own battle theme.

But unlike Gettemhalt, Theodore does NOT fuck around. His weapon is not a Talis, it's an all in one. He can use: Speed Rain, Megid, Rising Edge, Slide Shaker, Assault Buster, and Gimegid.

His Rising Edge has him coming down with a shockwave, and he usually ALWAYS cancels into either Slide Shaker or Speed Rain. At around 50% or so, he basically enrages, and now he fires three Megids at once, three Gimegids at once, and his Speed Rain has homing properties.

The only saving grace you have is that he comes with no adds. It's just you & Matoi VS him.
The basic strategy to this fight is to stay mobile and to keep your distance from the boss as often as possible. If you're a melee and need to recover PP, a Gunslash (or Twin Machineguns/Bullet Bow, if available) are your safest bets.

After the cutscene, you'll trigger Checkpoint #7.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part 8: Boss Fight -Luther- and -Falz Angel-
[SPOILER-BOX]May I just say that Luther is a super ultra creepy bastard?

Again, credits to Renvalt for the fight overviews.

After this, Luther basically has his stereotypical "what are you fighting for" interrogation and godmode, but then he basically fights you himself. He has low HP, but to make up for it, he has a barrier which makes him invincible until it breaks (Matoi will tell you when it happens, if it wasn't plainly obvious otherwise). He does nothing but teleport away from you and spam an AoE which will auto-knockdown if it hits (and this cannot be J-Reversal'd out of).
What I did for the first boss was to run inside his barrier (that's a legal move, right?) and whacked him once, causing him to teleport away. Do this three times and his barrier should go down long enough for you to wail on him with everything you've got. You may have to do this a few times before you beat 'im. Other than that, avoid the AoEs (aka if you see a circle under you, RUN, DO NOT WALK) and watch some more cutscenes (wow, there's a lot of cutscenes in this mission). Unfortunately, there isn't a checkpoint here (then again, you shouldn't need one since Luther is such an easy boss anyway). Prepare for the final boss fight. Your party is now Matoi, Zeno, and Quna.

Falz Angel has the needle attack of Chrome Dragon (a red version of Sa Barta, but it has homing properties), summons an assortment of high-tier Bird Darkers (Solda Kapita/Due Solda/Gul Solda) that are supposed to detonate if they're alive when he signals them to die.

He doesn't get THAT dangerous until his enrage, which drains 50PP per hit if you're near him (not sure if this is avoidable). At this point, he gets a new move, which is multiples of his prior form's AoE attack.

It's not until he's dangerously near death that he gains his most dangerous moves: a set of lasers that he fires (a pattern is that he does it away from him, then right in front of him), a vortex of huge ass Megids that circle 'round him in a vortex, and one big ass laser that's a guaranteed KO if it hits (and it will, trust me). Good news is that all of them can be dodged (if you're a student of Hakurei Danmakufu, your bullet-hell-dodging skills will come in handy here).
Falz Angel also has an attack where he summons multiple projectiles and shoots them at you, spawning circular AoEs where they stop. He will also charge forward and hit you with a close-range blast. The more the boss's health drops, the more aggressive he gets, so be very careful. If you're capable of using a Technic weapon and can't dodge the laser blasts, equip the Technic weapon and Mirage Escape through them (it may take some practice). Otherwise, dodge and block the attacks the best you can, burst the boss down while exercising caution (so you don't get caught in attacks), and, with any luck (and possibly a Half Doll, if you need it), you should be able to down this boss with an awesome BGM.

Congratulations on your win, and enjoy your new Ranger Zeno partner card.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'll continue to update this thread and the information/tips as I progress.

Niagara
Apr 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
I just finished the chapter.

Be very well prepared, the three last bosses are...painful. Especially the last one...

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 09:07 AM
So wait, we can kill them? D:

Niagara
Apr 23, 2014, 11:06 AM
Nope ! They're still alive...

I wonder if they also left the ship...probably.

To the author :

-Regius can Overend, you should add that x)

KatsujinkenKik
Apr 23, 2014, 11:11 AM
Falz Angel is like a bigger ryuda sorcerer and as aggressive, which is to say not very.

Niagara
Apr 23, 2014, 11:22 AM
Falz Angel is like a bigger ryuda sorcerer and as aggressive, which is to say not very.

I find Hunar very weak compared to him, actually. He's not the strongest, sure, but he is more... annoying. His damage output can be quite a pain for average geared players.

Plus, all mobs in there have a VH AI, so it might be different for SH.

KatsujinkenKik
Apr 23, 2014, 01:11 PM
Wait what? What did i just do to angel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW3zXp4ITcM&list=UUcGKbUSroHHe9pYAOCenghw

Renvalt
Apr 23, 2014, 01:13 PM
Just completed it myself. Would like to add what I know to it:

-After you defeat the Three Heroes, the next area is basically a gated section of Claris Clones. These are basically mindless, weak versions of Claris Claes herself.

-Past this section lies the second half of the Mothership. With it comes a slight music change, and the enemies beyond this point are all strictly Bird Darkers. However, important to note is that they spawn... in numerous packs. Meaning rushing blindly into these is certain death.

-In the second area of this section, the very end will have a Blu Ringardha blocking your path. However, killing him is optional, and you can actually bypass him if you want.

-The penultimate area is the Gate Room, which contains the fight against [SPOILER]Theodore. Also bears mentioning that, unlike Gettemhalt, Theodore actually has his own battle theme.

But unlike Gettemhalt, Theodore does NOT fuck around. His weapon is not a Talis, it's an all in one. He can use: Speed Rain, Megid, Rising Edge, Slide Shaker, Assault Buster, and Gimegid.

His Rising Edge has him coming down with a shockwave, and he usually ALWAYS cancels into either Slide Shaker or Speed Rain. At around 50% or so, he basically enrages, and now he fires three Megids at once, three Gimegids at once, and his Speed Rain has homing properties.

The only saving grace you have is that he comes with no adds. It's just you & Matoi VS him.

-After this, Luther basically has his stereotypical "what are you fighting for" interrogation and godmode, but then he basically fights you himself. He has low HP, but to make up for it, he has a barrier which makes him invincible until it breaks (Matoi will tell you when it happens, if it wasn't plainly obvious otherwise). He does nothing but teleport away from you and spam an AoE which will auto-knockdown if it hits (and this cannot be J-Reversal'd out of).

Once Luther's down, Zeno rejoins you (and Quna joins you for this part as well), and Luther transforms into his final form.... Falz Angel.

-Falz Angel has the needle attack of Chrome Dragon (a red version of Sa Barta, but it has homing properties), summons an assortment of high-tier Bird Darkers (Solda Kapita/Due Solda/Gul Solda) that are supposed to detonate if they're alive when he signals them to die.

He doesn't get THAT dangerous until his enrage, which drains 50PP per hit if you're near him (not sure if this is avoidable). At this point, he gets a new move, which is multiples of his prior form's AoE attack.

It's not until he's dangerously near death that he gains his most dangerous moves: a set of lasers that he fires (a pattern is that he does it away from him, then right in front of him), a vortex of huge ass Megids that circle 'round him in a vortex, and one big ass laser that's a guaranteed KO if it hits (and it will, trust me). Good news is that all of them can be dodged (if you're a student of Hakurei Danmakufu, your bullet-hell-dodging skills will come in handy here).
[/SPOILER-BOX]

The reward for this quest?

[SPOILER-BOX]You get a second version of Zeno, complete with:

-Ranger Main Class/Hunter Subclass (yes, that's right, Maria basically told him to do his subjob quest while he was out of comission)

-*Shiny* new threads (honestly, I want his outfit in multiple colors - make it happen SEGA).

-And last but not least, he comes equipped with a Genesis Gunslash (I forget what it's called, exactly).
[/SPOILER-BOX]

All in all, my thoughts:

[SPOILER-BOX]
-The music was.... just plain epic. Every piece. The area theme itself, the anthem of the Three Heroes, the fight against Theodore, AND Falz Angel's theme.
-Theodore took just as many levels in badass as Huey and Zeno, who both ranked up in badass fittingly.
-Matoi is revealed to be the true owner of Clarissa, and just so happens to be a Photoner.
-Ulc lives to get her boyfriend back, and both are expected to live happily ever after.
-Despite the fact that I want to slap a big L on his forehead, Falz Loser is by far the most fab of all the Dark Falzes by far. I literally cannot wait to fight the REAL Dark Falz Loser (fitting name, btw).
-If we get a recruitable Theodore later, I want him to be a Partizan wielding Hunter. Do it, SEGA. I'm begging you.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Moral of today's story: Never underestimate the Japanese - just when you think they'll pull lame, uninteresting content releases, they go and do this shit.

If this is the kind of quality we can see from Sega in the future, I have only one thing to say: Don't count SEGA out of the video game wars yet, my friends. And though it's going to be a broken record at this point, I feel it needs be said: Don't. Underestimate. Japan.

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 01:28 PM
A Story quest that's actually a challenge? Wha...

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 23, 2014, 01:29 PM
Wait what? What did i just do to angel?

What did i do?? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW3zXp4ITcM&list=UUcGKbUSroHHe9pYAOCenghw)

Maybe proc'd confuse on the suicidal bird with that second punch before you BHS'd, which then blew up on Falz?

Renvalt
Apr 23, 2014, 01:34 PM
A Story quest that's actually a challenge? Wha...

Yeah, after all the lackluster crap we've been through as of late, I will honestly confess I had low expectations of this quest. It deserves its spot as a MB-only quest. It's just THAT epic. And THAT hard.... excuse me, I'm still sore from Theodore kicking my ass so many times.

I can basically kick Falz Angel's ass on the first try (though I had to use a Half Doll to do it), but with Theodore? That dude literally took me MANY ATTEMPTS to kill.

Theodore went from wimpy whiner to downright dangerous badass. He's effectively a hack mode NPC. And yet, he's still fuckin' alive after all that shit that we did to him (not to mention he gets the girl too - lucky mofo).

Niagara
Apr 23, 2014, 02:07 PM
I had absolutely no trouble against Theodore o_o (Ice Dark Fo/Te), but Angel was troublesome...

Oh well, matter of preference xD

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 02:30 PM
So wait, Luther fake Ulc's info to her into Arks, get her killed, to get Theo to go berserk? Wow.

The Walrus
Apr 23, 2014, 02:34 PM
A story quest that is actually good?

Welp, guess it's time to start doing matterboards...

Vintasticvin
Apr 23, 2014, 03:18 PM
So wait, Luther fake Ulc's info to her into Arks, get her killed, to get Theo to go berserk? Wow.

Wow, I'm nore sure if that was a dick or douche bag move.

Renvalt
Apr 23, 2014, 04:40 PM
Wow, I'm nore sure if that was a dick or douche bag move.

Considering the dude's original plan to absorb Xion and become god, I'm not surprised he got nailed with the epithet "Loser".

Reminds me of that one song by Smash Mouth: glue his hand in the shape of an L onto his forehead....

He makes Gettemfag's ambition look tame in comparison. Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if the four other Falzes ream his ass after he loses. Serves him right, fucking god wannabe.

Also, anyone else notice how much more beautiful Xion is when she's got her hair down and not wearing glasses? I normally don't tap goddesses, but that's one goddess I'd tap... if she were still alive to be tapped.

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 04:46 PM
She dies? Or was she even "alive"?

ShinMaruku
Apr 23, 2014, 04:54 PM
Wait Xion is a goddess? :E

Renvalt
Apr 23, 2014, 05:40 PM
She dies? Or was she even "alive"?

[SPOILER-BOX]Ulc died during our run-in of the Darker attack on Themis, when the thieves responsible for reviving Falz Elder stole one of the imitation Clarissa rods (only Matoi is capable of actually wielding the true White Tin Clarissa).

Xiao basically pulls the same trick when he had us saving the lives of Matoi and Zeno, and warps us back in time to the specific point just before Ulc died, which allows us to save her. Although, Sarah ends up taking the credit (she had to, otherwise it'd corrupt the timeline and make us look more suspicious).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wait Xion is a goddess? :E

[SPOILER-BOX]Xion was trapped by Luther in the Mothership's deepest chamber. The one we saw was a projection of her will via what power she COULD manifest without Luther figuring out what she was up to.

Xion is able to access the Akashic Records, which are basically the chronicles of things that happened, things that are happening, and things that will happen. Effectively, it's listed as one of those books that God has access to (it's being referenced a lot these days; Devil Survivor 2 and Ys: Memories of Celceta being two games that did it as well).

The Xion in Luther's cage is devoid of her lab coat, has no hair tie or glasses (and she's damn hot because of it), and what little covers her body is a bunch of green-ish blue crystal; possibly a reference to Eve - the whole episode is reeking of Protestant/Christian/Biblical references.

Perhaps the most prime example is Luther's transition from Photoner Luther to Dark Falz Loser - it matches the story of Satan/Lucifer almost to a T (minus the whole killing the one who made everything part).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maronji
Apr 23, 2014, 07:51 PM
Added the tip mentioned by Niagara. After I died in my first attempt this morning, I watched them beat on my party members so I could see what moves they use, but I guess I missed that one attack (or perhaps he never used it for me for some reason; I dunno).

Also, thanks for the insight for the rest of the mission, Renvalt. I'll add those in as I go along.

Now to see if I can avoid getting my face bashed in by Regius's giant metal slab sword. Stun Concido can be a pain if you don't see it coming. Then again, so can Rafoie and Gizan.

After my first full run, I'll double back to the beginning again so I can reorganize the first post and add a General Tips section.

Oh, and I warned you to bring your best tricks for a reason, even if I didn't quite make it that far yet. =P

EDIT: Not explicitly Episode 2 Chapter 5-related, but did anyone else find it a little awkward when Xiao takes over your partner machine in the new route for Episode 1 Chapter 7? Since I have a female Support Partner in a shrine maiden outfit, hearing Xiao's voice through her was kinda weird.

Also, Luther is such a creeper.

Scale of Judgment
Apr 23, 2014, 08:02 PM
Finished it...such a long chapter but a good one...

Noo...I don't want Xion to die...Who will be waiting for me when I enter the shopping area now...

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2014, 08:14 PM
I am..Dark Falz..LOOOOOSER!!!

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2014, 11:20 PM
The only part of the quest that gave me trouble as a gunner was Falz Angel, as he's the only enemy who could even reach me with any degree of consistency after I got into the air with Aerial Shooting. I can't help but wonder how many deaths are going to occurs at the hands of his exploding darkers, though. They do so much damage (Over 4K damage in my case) that it's not even possible to survive a hit without Iron Will, plus they explode when they die, meaning melee classes don't have many options for getting rid of them without getting killed in the process.

I was kind of shocked by how much damage Angel does overall compared to Hunar.

I wasn't sure I heard that line correctly, but I guess I did after all.

I'm going to have a difficult time taking him seriously now.

D-Inferno
Apr 24, 2014, 12:23 AM
So was Oracle acting as a prison Xion? Or was [Loser] sealed there too?

oratank
Apr 24, 2014, 12:36 AM

persona?

D-Inferno
Apr 24, 2014, 12:39 AM
Loser and Persona are two different Falzes.

ShinMaruku
Apr 24, 2014, 12:41 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Ulc died during our run-in of the Darker attack on Themis, when the thieves responsible for reviving Falz Elder stole one of the imitation Clarissa rods (only Matoi is capable of actually wielding the true White Tin Clarissa).

Xiao basically pulls the same trick when he had us saving the lives of Matoi and Zeno, and warps us back in time to the specific point just before Ulc died, which allows us to save her. Although, Sarah ends up taking the credit (she had to, otherwise it'd corrupt the timeline and make us look more suspicious).[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]Xion was trapped by Luther in the Mothership's deepest chamber. The one we saw was a projection of her will via what power she COULD manifest without Luther figuring out what she was up to.

Xion is able to access the Akashic Records, which are basically the chronicles of things that happened, things that are happening, and things that will happen. Effectively, it's listed as one of those books that God has access to (it's being referenced a lot these days; Devil Survivor 2 and Ys: Memories of Celceta being two games that did it as well).

The Xion in Luther's cage is devoid of her lab coat, has no hair tie or glasses (and she's damn hot because of it), and what little covers her body is a bunch of green-ish blue crystal; possibly a reference to Eve - the whole episode is reeking of Protestant/Christian/Biblical references.

Perhaps the most prime example is Luther's transition from Photoner Luther to Dark Falz Loser - it matches the story of Satan/Lucifer almost to a T (minus the whole killing the one who made everything part).[/SPOILER-BOX]
Wait these bastards actually did a decent story?

buri-chan
Apr 24, 2014, 01:06 AM
So far as I can tell, the fight with Luther is pretty straight-forward. He spends most of his time with a shield around him, teleporting about and using lightning attacks like those that happen in Forest during storms. He'll eventually put the shield down to charge an attack, which is when you're supposed to unload on him.

And yeah, I'd Goddess Xion.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s22.postimg.org/a4v4v9in4/pso20140423_234842_019.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

strikerhunter
Apr 24, 2014, 01:49 AM
Decided to do the MB after reading this thread and holy shitz!!!! The story and every is badass and epic!

But............I got this for the 18th time during cutscenes and grew tire of it even with the checkpoints...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2798&pictureid=38677[/SPOILER-BOX]

But with all the symbol thingys, Jesus Christ I'm getting some sort of an idea where Sega will actually implant for players as either some sort of character/race/or whatever ability............or.........glows for 13*s when you pull them out.

Maronji
Apr 24, 2014, 02:01 AM
Finished the mission and the general tips guide. I'll take a break before reorganizing the first post.

But dude, that was beyond words. This is the same SEGA we've been dealing with, right?

Also, Matoi, Sara, Maria, and Huey partner cards when SEGA?

Renvalt
Apr 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
Maronji, I should mention that your tips said to keep your distance when fighting Theodore, right?

Bad idea as melee - if you're far enough from him, he WILL use Gimegid as a "quit running you bastard" type tactic. Basically, it's his way of getting you to stop running and fight. And eating one, let alone two, is bad enough.

For melee, I would suggest a small area near him as a safety point, but just watch what he does - he has points where he can't do much to you, so use this moment to heal (I advise against Trimates, they take too long and by the time you finish fullhealing, he's most likely fired a Gimegid or three, depending on how near-dead he is.)

Shinamori
Apr 24, 2014, 08:01 AM
Theo was easy though. Hell, the whole quest was easy if you were a Braver. It was just long as balls. Too much talking.

Viper Snake
Apr 24, 2014, 08:24 AM
Theo fight as Ranger:

Slap a weak bullet on him, then run far away without doing any other attack and keep moving until he gets distracted by Matoi and attacks her instead. This will give you enough time to hit him with a fully charged satellite cannon. For me this was enough to make him go into his animation where he powers up into his second phase, in which I had enough time to hit him with second full charge which then killed him.

Ezodagrom
Apr 24, 2014, 11:51 AM
The end boss of the story chapter...
[spoiler-box]So...
In my 2nd attempt against Falz Angel... He...suicided.
He summoned adds, detonated them, one of the adds was too close to him, caused like 352k damage, and Falz Angel died...
...okay then....[/spoiler-box]

Yden
Apr 24, 2014, 01:13 PM
The end boss of the story chapter...
[spoiler-box]So...
In my 2nd attempt against Falz Angel... He...suicided.
He summoned adds, detonated them, one of the adds was too close to him, caused like 352k damage, and Falz Angel died...
...okay then....[/spoiler-box]

Oh is that what happened? I noticed he died fairly quickly in my winning fight with him and thought it was because the game lowered his hp depending on how many times you lose to him.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 01:20 PM
Oh is that what happened? I noticed he died fairly quickly in my winning fight with him and thought it was because the game lowered his hp depending on how many times you lose to him.

I should get around to doing this before they patch this. I'm not averse to difficult quests, but I am averse to having to restart an entire quest, including cutscenes, because of a cheese death.

Honestly, that's probably why I liked Dark Souls: No bullshit. I mean, yeah, there was tons of bullshit (the game was bullshit in DVD form), but it was more or less fair in its bullshit. If you died to a boss or something you didn't have to deal with multiple cutscenes that required a loading screen before you could skip them, after which an annoying chapter completion/start animation played. When I get more frustrated fighting the game itself than fighting the game's enemies I want nothing to do with it.

Sp-24
Apr 24, 2014, 01:25 PM
Well, it's not as bad as restarting A Scientist's State before it got nerfed twice and level cap got raised. You only have to waste 5 minutes between each try, and it's only because cutscenes take forever to skip, left alone watch.

But, yeah, that boss is bullshit, with its rapid attacks that kill me in 2 hits and buckets of HP. ...So, just like every other boss up until now, really.

Yden
Apr 24, 2014, 01:30 PM
I should get around to doing this before they patch this. I'm not averse to difficult quests, but I am averse to having to restart an entire quest, including cutscenes, because of a cheese death.

Actually after every major encounter, the game saves your progress so you can quit or restart. After that it's just a matter of skipping the associated cutscenes. When starting the quest again, just pick the top option to start off where the last checkpoint was. The places I've noticed check points being added are [SPOILER-BOX]before the class trainers fight
after that fight
before the 3 heroes fight
after the fight
before the theo fight
after the theo fight (right before the luther fight)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Apr 24, 2014, 01:31 PM

Honestly, that's probably why I liked Dark Souls: No bullshit. I mean, yeah, there was tons of bullshit (the game was bullshit in DVD form), but it was more or less fair in its bullshit. If you died to a boss or something you didn't have to deal with multiple cutscenes that required a loading screen before you could skip them, after which an annoying chapter completion/start animation played. When I get more frustrated fighting the game itself than fighting the game's enemies I want nothing to do with it.
This story chapter has checkpoints, one of them is not long before the end boss fight.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 01:32 PM
Actually after every major encounter, the game saves your progress so you can quit or restart. After that it's just a matter of skipping the associated cutscenes. When starting the quest again, just pick the top option to start off where the last checkpoint was. The places I've noticed check points being added are [SPOILER-BOX]before the class trainers fight
after that fight
before the 3 heroes fight
after the fight
before the theo fight
after the theo fight (right before the luther fight)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wait, what? Holy shit Sega's getting things right this update everywhere I look. I am genuinely impressed. I wonder if they'll go back into old stuff and polish it up a bit; it could really use it.

Alenoir
Apr 24, 2014, 01:35 PM

You are check pointed to right after you enter the door to that area so your quest would resume from there. All the cutscenes can be skipped, press Esc and hit yes and it will bring you to the next segment or the multiple choice. Takes maybe a minute to get to A.T. field and then 30 seconds or so to get back to Falz Angel.

Edit: Story spoiler.
Xion was the central computer. Xion was the ocean. Xion was the planet. She basically have the knowledge of everything of past, present, and future. Luther was referring to her as the akashic record. The mothership was her request to the photoners to build a ship around her (a planet, yes) so she can travel around.

Renvalt
Apr 24, 2014, 02:18 PM
Xion was the central computer. Xion was the ocean. Xion was the planet. She basically have the knowledge of everything of past, present, and future. Luther was referring to her as the akashic record. The mothership was her request to the photoners to build a ship around her (a planet, yes) so she can travel around.

So now that Luther's pretty much vanquished her, what happens to the Arks fleet? Is it possible that the larger Oracle behind the smaller, infected Oracle ends up replacing the one we lost?

Might our battle against DF-Loser end up having us rescue Xion, in a manner similar to how Rico was saved in PSO1? Will we be saving her, or freeing her spirit? Because from the looks of things, Xion looked to have been killed in that last part.

Or will Xiao basically end up taking over her spot, and deciding to go where no man has gone before?

SakuRei
Apr 24, 2014, 02:41 PM
Man... I can't wait to fight that bastard Theodore, even though I've read that he is hard to fight, I still wanna beat the hell out of that guy... (I have a huge hatred issue towards this character in PSO2. xD)

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2014, 03:46 PM
I was doing great on my paper mache FO and squashing everything, got to falz angel and was still handling it with ease until i got nicked for a single flinch and then surprise! Before I could recover to dodge a laser hit me for 1467 damage :wacko:

Macman
Apr 25, 2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah I get the feeling that while every mob on the way to Falz Angel was on VH AI, Angel himself was running his SH routines.

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2014, 06:35 PM
I dunno about that. With some better timed wing breaks I killed him without him even firing his omgwtf laser once. Breaking his wings seems to reset or at least interfere with his attack patterns.

Macman
Apr 25, 2014, 06:48 PM
Interesting. I went for the wings first thing thinking it might mess with his mobility or attacks like busting Hunar's sword does. If it's used to reset his AI that might be helpful to try out.

strikerhunter
Apr 25, 2014, 07:03 PM
Interesting. I went for the wings first thing thinking it might mess with his mobility or attacks like busting Hunar's sword does. If it's used to reset his AI that might be helpful to try out.

I did the same right off the bat and killed him in 20sec. It does something to him, some sort of stun or laugh that has him paused for a bit.

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's like breaking Hunar's sword twice. He stops being quite so in-your-face for a little bit.

oratank
Apr 26, 2014, 12:57 AM
now i know why melee armor type have high r-def. i hate those ranger

Rakurai
Apr 26, 2014, 01:47 AM
I'm kind of scared to see how much damage a level 70 Falz Angel will cause, considering that the laser did 1.4K damage to me, and everything else was either two or three hit KOs, which is a pain considering the frequency with which the attacks were coming at.

Ezodagrom
Apr 26, 2014, 06:32 AM
Yeah I get the feeling that while every mob on the way to Falz Angel was on VH AI, Angel himself was running his SH routines.
The enemies and Falz Angel were level 60, which is still a part of VH (SH starts with lvl 61 enemies).