PDA

View Full Version : New chat commands...

Macman
Apr 23, 2014, 10:52 PM
So with this update we can change our palettes, sub-palettes, outfits, and camos with chat commands:
[SPOILER-BOX]
Switch the main palette with these commands.

/mainpalette1~/mainpalette6
/mpal1 ~ /mpal6

Switch the sub palette with these commands.

/subpalette1~/subpalette18
/spal1 ~ /spal18

Switch to costumes stored in your item pack

/cs itemname
/costume itemname
For [itemname] enter the name of the costume.

Switch to Camos stored in your item pack

/camouflage itemname
/cmf itemname
[/SPOILER-BOX]
What I'm curious of is if it's feasible to use auto words to use these commands automatically.

Like, say if you get into a PSE Burst, your autoword will change your palette to a bunch of AoE crowd control techs, or if your 50 or 10% autoword kicks in, a palette filled with nothing but heal items.

Hell make it so you wear a speedo during PSE Bursts!

What are your thoughts on the whole idea?

IndigoNovember
Apr 23, 2014, 11:05 PM
Since SEGA is too lazy to make it so we can equip multiple camos at once (think each slot can equip a camo), I'm willing to sacrifice Hotkeys 1-6 for weapon + camo switching.

Walkure
Apr 23, 2014, 11:06 PM
Binding palettes and subpalettes to autoword sounds like a bad idea imo. Maybe having it switch to your TD palette at quest start would be a good idea.

Ooh, here's an idea; give auto-words to switching to a specific class, and then let you make an autoword to set up palette and subpalettes accordingly.

You could do some Quna-ass shit by switching to a "battle costume" at quest start, and back to regular costume in quest finish. Or the same with codes. So that's a thing. Without accessories being tied to costumes it's not THAT useful but still could be neat.

At the moment, it's a few potentially useful things, but with a half-baked implementation right now.

Chdata
Apr 24, 2014, 12:18 AM
I thought about it for weapon switching or quick loadout switching, but figured that it costs too many bytes of character space to do for whatever gain.

Maybe we can have completely chat based triple++ dashing? The only thing missing is the dash button.

thu2468
Apr 24, 2014, 01:00 AM
bind it to chat commands.

Gardios
Apr 24, 2014, 01:32 AM
Oh hey this means you can now automatically say "Moon Prism Power, Make Up! /cs スチューデントS・レプカ" to punish all darkers in the name of the moon and then switch back to civilian clothes at the end of the quest.

Takatsuki
Apr 24, 2014, 10:27 AM
I can't get the costume switching command to work. Nothing changes.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 10:29 AM
I was really hoping to be able to use this for either PA or weapon switching. Ah well.

Takatsuki
Apr 24, 2014, 11:22 AM
To clarify, I put the command in, put the costume name in, and send the message, but nothing happens at all. The message doesn't pop up (similar to if you sent a lobby action alone) but the costume doesn't change, and yes, I'm sure I have the costume in my inventory.

Walkure
Apr 24, 2014, 11:29 AM
Do you have items translated? If not, have you tried copy-pasting the name of the costume exactly?

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 11:31 AM
Binding palettes and subpalettes to autoword sounds like a bad idea imo. Maybe having it switch to your TD palette at quest start would be a good idea.

Ooh, here's an idea; give auto-words to switching to a specific class, and then let you make an autoword to set up palette and subpalettes accordingly.

You could do some Quna-ass shit by switching to a "battle costume" at quest start, and back to regular costume in quest finish. Or the same with codes. So that's a thing. Without accessories being tied to costumes it's not THAT useful but still could be neat.

At the moment, it's a few potentially useful things, but with a half-baked implementation right now.

I have the dumbest fucking idea now, thank you.

Takatsuki
Apr 24, 2014, 11:34 AM
Do you have items translated? If not, have you tried copy-pasting the name of the costume exactly?

I do have items translated, and yes, I copied and pasted the Japanese name exactly. I've even tried putting in the translated name but that has even less results as it will send the message with the broken item name.

Walkure
Apr 24, 2014, 11:36 AM
I do have items translated, and yes, I copied and pasted the Japanese name exactly. I've even tried putting in the translated name but that has even less results as it will send the message with the broken item name.First guess is that item translation will wreck havoc on the command, so I'd try getting it to work without that.

I have the dumbest fucking idea now, thank you.
Ooh this'll be exciting :wacko:

Daiyousei
Apr 24, 2014, 11:38 AM
In case some of you missed AIDA's thread on the issue http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218840

it sure got buried fast with all the new stuff

Takatsuki
Apr 24, 2014, 11:54 AM
In case some of you missed AIDA's thread on the issue http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218840

it sure got buried fast with all the new stuff

Ah, I see! Alright, I'll try that when I start the game up next time. Thanks :)

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 12:20 PM
I was really hoping to be able to use this for either PA or weapon switching. Ah well.
Wait, you can equip costumes and camos with chat commands but not weapons?

What the fuck?

pkemr4
Apr 24, 2014, 12:37 PM
inb4 hexa dashing

Walkure
Apr 24, 2014, 12:50 PM

What the fuck?Clearly, they have their priorities straight.

ShiroiRen
Feb 19, 2015, 07:56 PM
I hope this doesn't hurt to bump it back up, but are there commands to target other players/characters in the party as well? For example, having one character say something to the party leader or to another?

Ordy
Feb 20, 2015, 07:37 AM
Afaik, no there aren't any, because this game has no real targeting system like other MMORPG's.

All we have is <t> for the last target, but that doesn't work with players.

TaigaUC
Feb 21, 2015, 01:32 AM
Nope.

If you're ever in doubt you can check the JP swiki page:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3% 83%BB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC %E3%83%89

Also, I guess you should probably have asked in the quick questions thread instead of bumping this old one.

Hysteria1987
Feb 21, 2015, 04:24 PM

What the fuck?

Camos and stuff are just the new bits. Pulled this off another site--

Switch the main palette with these commands.

/mainpalette1~/mainpalette6 /mpal1 ~ /mpal6

Switch the sub palette with these commands.

/subpalette1~/subpalette18 /spal1 ~ /spal18

Switch to costumes stored in your item pack

/cs itemname /costume itemname For [itemname] enter the name of the costume.

Switch to Camos stored in your item pack

/camouflage itemname /cmf itemname