PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO2

Zarcoft
Apr 24, 2014, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone I am very new to the game, I actually just make my character and was running around just looking at things. I wanted to make sure I'm on the right ship2, is there anything I need to know to play a force and are there any guilds, legions etc.. that take in new players and help them out.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 24, 2014, 01:43 AM
ship 2 is where the most english people are, go to block 20 and you should have no problem joining a team. There is a build thread under the gameplay section if you want the best builds.

Zarcoft
Apr 24, 2014, 01:48 AM
oh ok so how do I switch to different blocks? lol sorry for being a noob

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2014, 01:48 AM
At first, all you want to do is unlock quests. You should be able to get to, what, lv20 before you unlock them all? This will allow you to do all the quests you need to do later, including Time Attacks.

Time Attacks are the best money source for free players. At lv1, if you had someone to run you through (or were just overgeared), you could get 150,000 meseta in less than an hour. That number jumps with each difficulty you have access to, so that you can earn more than a million meseta each day.

The best experience source is emergency quests. You'll hear an announcement for it 15 minutes before it starts. Once it does, a quest will be open for half an hour which generally gives pretty amazing experience. Some of them give the best equipment in the game.

You'll want to download the PSO2 tweaker. I do not believe I have liberty to directly link you to it, but it should be easy to find using Google. With it, you can translate nearly everything in the game, which should greatly increase the game's enjoyability.

And to play your class to its fullest, check out this thread. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218099) It tells you what skills to get, and which to avoid. As a force, for instance, you want to get all the non-fire skills in the fire tree. From there, you can get skills depending on what type of gameplay you want (it's been a while since I've played force, but back when I did all the cool kids just got all the fire skills).

I think that's everything you need? I don't know how to meet people nowadays besides checking out the lounge forum. If you remain social ingame, you may be able to get some friends. But I was only able to find teams (this game's guilds) through socializing in PSOW.

And since you ninja'd me, switching blocks is as easy as finding a teleporter at the edge of a lobby, and selecting a number. If you're downstairs by the questing gate, they're on either side of the counters, or behind the class NPCs.

Zarcoft
Apr 24, 2014, 02:01 AM
thanks so much for all the great info