PDA

View Full Version : Affixes

fay
Apr 24, 2014, 04:57 AM
Has anyone noticed a MASSIVE increase on affixes being found? Either I'm just being lucky or they have been switched up. A good 10% of weapons I find have stuff like freeze V, Stamina IV etc, and they're usually on 3 and 4 slotted things.

Aurorra
Apr 24, 2014, 04:59 AM
Yes, they boosted affixes on untekked weapons, they also seem to have given a little boost to the number of affixes on units.

fay
Apr 24, 2014, 05:02 AM
Interesting. I noticed some new affixes too. Think they all begin with "mark". They're pretty busted. +50 to all attack stats and + 50 HP/Dex/5PP
Makes most things redundant now.

red1228
Apr 24, 2014, 05:06 AM
Yeah I just found a Blue Talis that gave +50 to Sdef/Rdef/Tdef & +80 HP. Tank Mage, wut?

Now if only Dudu / Monica would stop failing 70-90% affix rates like they were 10% rates, for me...

Aurorra
Apr 24, 2014, 05:14 AM
You can't transfer the new affixes.

Rakurai
Apr 24, 2014, 05:47 AM
I'm glad they changed all of the soul abilities so they now grant a transfer rate boost to other abilities that would logically be put on the same piece of gear as them, IE, all souls that boost T-ATK now increase the transfer rate of Technique, rather then only Quartz Soul.

Makes it a little easier to get decent affixes, especially when coupled with how much easier it is get high slot affix fodder from untekked items now.

fay
Apr 24, 2014, 05:55 AM
Wait, maybe I misread what you said, but if I have a soul on an armor piece and I try to transfer Technique III then the Technique III will go over easier?

Rakurai
Apr 24, 2014, 06:05 AM
If any piece of equipment involved in the affixing process has the appropriate soul on it, the ability's transfer rate gets a 20% boost.

Misaki Ki
Apr 24, 2014, 06:28 AM
Saw some 9* with 60 s-atk, 60 r-atk, and 80 t-atk, with various other boosts on it as well.

It's quite something.

fay
Apr 24, 2014, 07:15 AM
I really think I like this. It means I'll put a soul onto anything just to push up to a 100% boost chance.

Doesn't mutation do something like this too?

Coatl
Apr 24, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'm glad they changed all of the soul abilities so they now grant a transfer rate boost to other abilities that would logically be put on the same piece of gear as them, IE, all souls that boost T-ATK now increase the transfer rate of Technique, rather then only Quartz Soul.

Makes it a little easier to get decent affixes, especially when coupled with how much easier it is get high slot affix fodder from untekked items now.

Wait--so Vol soul will boost Power III? Elder Soul boosts Tech III? Signo...Dex? :I

milranduil
Apr 24, 2014, 09:43 AM
The creation of stat3, the usage of stat3, and the creation of stat4. In other words stat2 -> 3, stat3 -> 3, and stat3->stat4. 20% boost all around.

I really think I like this. It means I'll put a soul onto anything just to push up to a 100% boost chance.

Doesn't mutation do something like this too?

Mutation only boosts stat2 -> stat3 creation.

Coatl
Apr 24, 2014, 09:44 AM
OOooooooOOooOoO~

That's rad.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure on the extent of what boosts stamina/spirita. I need to review the newer comments on JP wiki still.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 09:49 AM
The creation of stat3, the usage of stat3, and the creation of stat4. In other words stat2 -> 3, stat3 -> 3, and stat3->stat4. 20% boost all around.

Mutation only boosts stat2 -> stat3 creation.

Wait, they finally did this? Vol Soul, Quartz Soul, and Gwana Soul will all boost Power 3 now?

For a reasonable change like that to be implemented, I wonder what the bullshit rules are for the new, stronger affixes that will almost definitely become standard equips soon enough.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2014, 09:51 AM
They are equivalent to XQ-unique affixes i.e. they don't transfer and 80% with 3 in the pool. However, since stat3 now drop everywhere and more commonly, you -could- happen to find the quartz/mark(new affix)/power3/shoot3/tech3 you need to make 5s. FKKKKKKKKKK that though.

Edit: you would also have to find your target weapon, say Yasha, with it having the mark affix already as well. Have fun potentially having to expand it as well!

Coatl
Apr 24, 2014, 09:52 AM
The new affixes can't be transfered, much like lucky rise I. That's the extent of them really--rather shallow. You'd have to be lucky and find a weapon with the new affix and other plausible affixes for it to be worth using.

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 09:56 AM
They are equivalent to XQ-unique affixes i.e. they don't transfer and 80% with 3 in the pool. However, since stat3 now drop everywhere and more commonly, you -could- happen to find the quartz/mark(new affix)/power3/shoot3/tech3 you need to make 5s. FKKKKKKKKKK that though.

Edit: you would also have to find your target weapon, say Yasha, with it having the mark affix already as well. Have fun potentially having to expand it as well!

Ah, ok. Those new affixes seem to drop on everything though, completely at random.

I'm much more interested in seeing a full 5-6s 10* unit set, including an Ing Plate or whatever all the rich kids are sporting now. I don't see why, if the new affixes drop on everything like they're Mind I, they couldn't be dropping on code rewards too. It, just, you know, is exceptionally unlikely.

edit: Also I'm finding shit like Panic V on Regzagas and Poison IV on Kougogins, so this is pretty entertaining

milranduil
Apr 24, 2014, 09:57 AM
They are limited to weapons only at the moment, so for now that won't happen. But knowing sega...

gigawuts
Apr 24, 2014, 09:58 AM
Wow, that's dripfeed galore there.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2014, 09:59 AM
They'll add them to units after the next 10% boost event ends :wacko:

fay
Apr 24, 2014, 03:27 PM
Maybe we will see more Tech/Power/Shoot IV on weapons now and for the odd gambler maybe a level V.

I think SEGA must have realized that is close to impossible putting a level 5 ability onto stuff consistently.

Arksenth
Apr 24, 2014, 03:28 PM
I think the new soul transfer rates only apply to II and III? That's what Bumped says.

In any circumstance, looking forward to upgrading a Rough Mary and then trying to attach an Elder/Malluda soul. Going to be a lot less of a pain in the ass now.

Z-0
Apr 24, 2014, 03:34 PM
The source which Bumped references says that the boost is for creation of 3 (II + II = III), usage of 3 (moving a level 3 around) and creation of 4 (III + III + IV).

UnLucky
Apr 24, 2014, 04:10 PM
They are limited to weapons only at the moment, so for now that won't happen. But knowing sega...
Only because you have to untekk them, right? Or can you find the Mark stuff in the wild unboxed?

Love to find something like Quartz/Mark/PowerIV/AbilityIII/Mutation/SpiritaIII drop from a crystal, but yeah right.

Chdata
Apr 24, 2014, 04:13 PM
I just wanted to see EXP RISE armor units.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2014, 10:43 PM
I heard that there's some kind of PSO2ES-only 100% soul affix item.
Forgot what it was called. It only required 1 soul + the item for a 100% chance.

Dnd
Apr 24, 2014, 11:00 PM
Forgot what it was called. It only required 1 soul + the item for a 100% chance.

Soul receptor

Atmius
Apr 25, 2014, 05:43 AM

It is indeed soul receptor, as Dnd said. I caved to interest and bought a couple to test stuff out.

1) It appears to be a non-transferable ability like photon collect.
2) Soul collect will 100% guarantee a soul affix, even if there's only one soul in the pool.
3) Since souls are 100% guaranteed, slot forcing with it gives the usual penalty for a 100% affix.
4) You can only have one soul per unit, you can't stack multiple souls.
5) The above, however, does not apply to modulator, so you could theoretically (for absurd cost) get, say, a quartz soul/modulator/power 4/ability 3/power boost weapon or unit for 135 attack, if you were willing to play russian roulette with the rng.

Vaguely related: The attack souls now also boost stamina 3/spirita 3 to 80% aswell, along with their attack variant.

Dia79
Apr 25, 2014, 06:27 AM

sorry for the new but not even the 80% on the pool u cant do a thing with these marks not even having 3x on the pool :-(

milranduil
Apr 25, 2014, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I just messed with it myself. I think I just skimmed SWiki too fast and made a false assumption.

Dia79
Apr 25, 2014, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I just messed with it myself. I think I just skimmed SWiki too fast and made a false assumption.

dont worry i feel like they call those Marks on purpose like "if u like it you can have this"

Shinamori
Apr 25, 2014, 08:51 AM
Soul receptor

I wonder if you can transfer it to your PC account.

gigawuts
Apr 25, 2014, 08:56 AM
So yeah, I guess the Mark affixes are Sega's way of making untekked rares relevant again. As soon as people found boxed rares they would almost always start working towards the standard soul/stat3/whatever affixes except in specific cases, like braolets and shit.

Xaeris
Apr 25, 2014, 09:03 AM
I wonder if you can transfer it to your PC account.

You can. Items that you get in es appear in your character's inventory when you log into PSO2 proper. I've been making quite a neat little bundle off Soul Receptor. It's really not that rare, yet it sells for ludicrous sums of meseta.

Arksenth
Apr 25, 2014, 01:09 PM
You can. Items that you get in es appear in your character's inventory when you log into PSO2 proper. I've been making quite a neat little bundle off Soul Receptor. It's really not that rare, yet it sells for ludicrous sums of meseta.

You just tempted me to play PSO2es.

I don't understand anything I'm doing, all I did was throw on my Precious Sword Balmung and now I'm whacking things to death.

D:

SallySalSal
Apr 25, 2014, 06:11 PM
Does using Soma Soul also give a affix boost to both Pow3 AND Shoot3?

Xaeris
Apr 25, 2014, 08:03 PM
No, Soma boosts spirita, power and some other crap that doesn't matter. Bumped has a good list going of all the souls new bonus boosts.

Rakurai
Apr 25, 2014, 10:35 PM
I wish they could've made the souls like Bibras and Maluda boost both of their respective ATK abilities instead of just one of them.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 05:03 PM
I recently noticed that the Fever affixes from the seasonal Rappies now have a 100% transfer rate all the time.

I guess they'd make for a better filler affix then Mutation.

milranduil
Apr 27, 2014, 05:58 PM
I recently noticed that the Fever affixes from the seasonal Rappies now have a 100% transfer rate all the time.

I guess they'd make for a better filler affix then Mutation.

Except for the fact that you usually don't have room when making 5s for that. Maybe for 6s, but that's typically reserved for spirita3/stigma.

Chdata
Apr 29, 2014, 02:12 AM
It is indeed soul receptor, as Dnd said. I caved to interest and bought a couple to test stuff out.

1) It appears to be a non-transferable ability like photon collect.
2) Soul collect will 100% guarantee a soul affix, even if there's only one soul in the pool.
3) Since souls are 100% guaranteed, slot forcing with it gives the usual penalty for a 100% affix.
4) You can only have one soul per unit, you can't stack multiple souls.
5) The above, however, does not apply to modulator, so you could theoretically (for absurd cost) get, say, a quartz soul/modulator/power 4/ability 3/power boost weapon or unit for 135 attack, if you were willing to play russian roulette with the rng.

Vaguely related: The attack souls now also boost stamina 3/spirita 3 to 80% aswell, along with their attack variant.

Does soul receptor work with modulator or something...? Don't you need at least two modulator to transfer it at all, and those only come from clones/den/etc where you can probably only find it with a person soul probably.

Atmius
Apr 29, 2014, 02:34 AM
Does soul receptor work with modulator or something...? Don't you need at least two modulator to transfer it at all, and those only come from clones/den/etc where you can probably only find it with a person soul probably.

You need the following to do it: 2x modulator <x slot>, 1x soul receptor+relevant soul <x slot>. you get 100/30/* chance, but you can do it.

Rakurai
May 2, 2014, 06:12 AM
The Soul Receptor affix is making me want to play PSO2es, because it would make the affixing process so much simpler.

Too bad I don't have a smartphone.

Chdata
May 2, 2014, 06:32 AM
You need the following to do it: 2x modulator <x slot>, 1x soul receptor+relevant soul <x slot>. you get 100/30/* chance, but you can do it.

Ah I see what you mean.

lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing cougar + soul receptor some time

Rayden
May 2, 2014, 07:41 AM
The Soul Receptor affix is making me want to play PSO2es, because it would make the affixing process so much simpler.

Too bad I don't have a smartphone.

Use BlueStacks?

Rakurai
May 2, 2014, 07:27 PM
I take it only enemies of a certain level range drop the affix?

Because I've gotten plenty of drops with three abilities on them, but no soul receptor so far.

I'm going to assume that the 4* quest enemies drop it, as a lot of items being sold with it have souls that aren't available in the 3* star quests.

Rakurai
May 5, 2014, 06:27 AM
Apparently, any boss enemy can drop it.

I just conveniently happened to only get it once I started the 4* quests.