PDA

View Full Version : There's nothing to buy in this game anymore...

Arksenth
Apr 25, 2014, 05:06 PM
I'm a little bored now, because all of the tradeable item drops are SO COMMON now. I miss the days where there would be uber rares that were just an iota better than the rest of the weapons, but went for 500m, because it actually felt like there was something to work towards. Now, everything goes for dirt prices, and there's pretty much nothing to do with your meseta anymore.

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Tenlade
Apr 25, 2014, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the Phantasy star series, where money has never been worth shit.

strikerhunter
Apr 25, 2014, 05:20 PM
I guess that's good news for the poor people?

Mysterious-G
Apr 25, 2014, 05:33 PM
I agree. That's the SHAQs' biggest shortcoming imo. And yeah, we have Hunar's katana, but the amount of myth drops in comparison to AQs back then is abysmal.

Not like SH did it any better though. Well, actually, it did, but then SEGA felt the need to release stupid limited emergency quests that rendered the areas they took place in absolutely obsolote once they were gone. Who even bothered playing Tundra after the Christmas EQ had vanished? Surely not me.

Hopefully the new Dark Falz will give us 11* drops as rare as Elder's 11*s used to be back in the day, but even then it's not a whole lot of stuff. Seriously, SEGA, bring on the new difficulty, quickly. (They won't.)

gaijin_punch
Apr 25, 2014, 05:50 PM
I jumped in this game pretty late but I feel somewhat the same. Every time new SHAQ's are released, people play them to get the new 11-stars which aren't too hard to do. Much easier than some 10-star weapons. Wait for the next three to be released. Rinse -> Repeat. Wonder what will happen now that there are AQ's for all areas.

Dnd
Apr 25, 2014, 05:53 PM
I jumped in this game pretty late but I feel somewhat the same. Every time new SHAQ's are released, people play them to get the new 11-stars which aren't too hard to do. Much easier than some 10-star weapons. Wait for the next three to be released. Rinse -> Repeat. Wonder what will happen now that there are AQ's for all areas.

wait for new falz -> repeat

Walkure
Apr 25, 2014, 05:56 PM
Obviously time to get 8-slot affixes!

SakoHaruo
Apr 25, 2014, 06:00 PM
Obviously time to get 8-slot affixes!

Exactly. That baka has yet to obtain that level of awesomeness.

Macman
Apr 25, 2014, 06:04 PM
Eventually they'll make a charge latent on a weapon and then all your useless meseta will have a use again!

Zipzo
Apr 25, 2014, 09:44 PM
I'm a little bored now, because all of the tradeable item drops are SO COMMON now. I miss the days where there would be uber rares that were just an iota better than the rest of the weapons, but went for 500m, because it actually felt like there was something to work towards. Now, everything goes for dirt prices, and there's pretty much nothing to do with your meseta anymore.

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I guarantee if you give us a screen cap of your gear we could find an innumerable amount of things for you to spend your meseta on.

I'm waiting.

pkemr4
Apr 25, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hopefully the new Dark Falz will give us 11* drops as rare as Elder's 11*s used to be back in the day, but even then it's not a whole lot of stuff. Seriously, SEGA, bring on the new difficulty, quickly. (They won't.)

no. just no.

silo1991
Apr 25, 2014, 10:38 PM
its true the weapons of 7 to 9 stars are so common now , i always got a rare weapon and its like : a RARE :D , oh a repeated weapon ; and a funny fact all the weapons of 10 stars i get its for anyclass except ranger >_<

Skyly
Apr 25, 2014, 10:40 PM
Buy a couple of new skill trees to maximize your DPS.

Rakurai
Apr 25, 2014, 10:43 PM
It would help if more of the items that are actually extremely rare had latents to make them worth consideration.

Seems like most of the best gear options these days are also among the most common.

Xaelouse
Apr 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
new falz might drop a 13* that they're not showing us yet, if they wanna make things hype

Sizustar
Apr 25, 2014, 11:00 PM
It would help if more of the items that are actually extremely rare had latents to make them worth consideration.

Seems like most of the best gear options these days are also among the most common.

That's a bad thing...?

pkemr4
Apr 25, 2014, 11:33 PM

and your complaining?

Dark Matter
Apr 25, 2014, 11:40 PM
Hmmm... So you've become bored and you want to squander your money?

You've come to the right place.

Just do this

Buy all current item code weapons then set them each upon a ウェポンホログラム in your room

[SPOILER]Hopefully you're not on ship 2 cause you might want to avert your eyes when you see ロードアキシオン/ナハト and ガルウィンド/ナハト

Buy an Elder pain ...nvm their only 13-18m now thanks sega

Buy every costume Male, Female and Unisex

Buy all emotes

Buy all music discs

Buy every salon related item (accessories, hairstyles, face makeups, body paint and voices)

Final level Dudu

Apply these affixes to any ten star item
(power 3 ability 3 modulator stigma spirta 3 stamina 3 shoot 3 tech )

Twist
You can only use 5% and 10% affix boosters[/SPOILER-BOX]

Tenlade
Apr 25, 2014, 11:56 PM
and your complaining?

Some people dont just want good rares, they want no one else to have it but them.

Arksenth
Apr 26, 2014, 12:19 AM
Sigh.

Just because you have too much meseta doesn't mean you go and automatically blow it all on absolutely worthless junk just because.

I don't get this mentality.

SammyKiller
Apr 26, 2014, 12:28 AM
50%/6s at least 2 yashas.

Chdata
Apr 26, 2014, 12:29 AM
Rainbow set of yasha.

Rakurai
Apr 26, 2014, 12:45 AM
That's a bad thing...?

Not saying it's a bad thing, just that it would be nice if the rare items didn't often end up being worse then the more common alternatives.

Mysterious-G
Apr 26, 2014, 03:03 AM
This comes down to preferences, but between having rares so rare they become a myth, and ones so common there is absolutely no joy when finding them for the 11th time, I would prefer a system where we have a combination both these ideas.

Say what you will, but this game is mainly driven by the hunt for rares. If there are none to be hunted, people become bored and don't play the game anymore until the next update hits. I've seen this happen in my team with the release of the SHAQs, in the rare time I actually could be bothered to log on myself.

Macman
Apr 26, 2014, 03:43 AM
Say what you will, but looking at H44 and Yasha's drop counts makes me cry. This sudden generosity in rares seems to only apply to the mostly hideous costume-themed 11* rares. Things will go back to normal soon.

Kondibon
Apr 26, 2014, 03:54 AM
Don't forget 13-15 star gear is probably going to come out at some point. Who cares if 11/12*s are common by then?

Kikikiki
Apr 26, 2014, 03:57 AM
This comes down to preferences, but between having rares so rare they become a myth, and ones so common there is absolutely no joy when finding them for the 11th time, I would prefer a system where we have a combination both these ideas.

Say what you will, but this game is mainly driven by the hunt for rares. If there are none to be hunted, people become bored and don't play the game anymore until the next update hits. I've seen this happen in my team with the release of the SHAQs, in the rare time I actually could be bothered to log on myself.

Tell them to go hunt 12*'s then.

Mysterious-G
Apr 26, 2014, 04:16 AM
During the time of AQs, people complained stuff was too difficult to come by, but agreed the rares in question were extremely uber. Now that we have SHAQs, people complain about rares being shitty, when all they are is a little common. That doesn't magically make their stats worse. Yet, people seem to base much of their opinion on gear on how often it drops, not how useful it is. Which isn't even something anyone can blame them for considering there really is no joy in finding them every so often. Same goes for me, and I can't help but feel that is a slightly shizophrenic way to behave.

TL;DR, rares being actually rare is important, else people give a fuck about them even when they are totally functional as gear components.

Reiketsu
Apr 26, 2014, 07:26 AM
If we're talking about a regular quest and a common enemy like an Oodan, then lower drop rates are okay, since you can kill as many of them as you want, how often you want, whenever you want.

If we're talking about an EQ like Falz which only appears every now and then and which you may only catch once every two weeks, then the rare drop rates need a drastic boost, since you're literally not able to actually 'hunt' for his rares.

A year ago, the Falz drop rates were definitely far too low and it seemed utterly hopeless to get anything from him, much less what you actually wanted.

They really shouldn't repeat that with the new Falz and his drops.
They should be obtainable to everyone and not purely through means of extreme luck.
Especially when we're talking about 12* which a are non-tradable and won't be tradable for a loooong time.

mctastee
Apr 26, 2014, 08:01 AM
There's plenty to buy in this game, 99% of it is just hardly worth spending money on.

phireblast
Apr 26, 2014, 08:04 AM
For a second, I thought I stumbled upon a Final Fantasy 14 forum.

Dark Matter
Apr 26, 2014, 08:38 AM

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Sigh.

Just because you have too much meseta doesn't mean you go and automatically blow it all on absolutely worthless junk just because.

I don't get this mentality.[/SPOILER-BOX]
[S]Then what exactly is this thread about?

Wait, I think I got the gist of what your saying.
My mistake when I see things like "there's pretty much nothing to do with your meseta anymore."
I instantly guess its a spend it thread my apologies for this misunderstanding.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://memecrunch.com/image/51bff110afa96f3692000016.gif?w=300

What you have to understand is with this game there is going to be change all the time and without consistent change the game wont leave its current standing. You may currently see it as a bad thing, but the makers of the game wish for its progression in hopes it'll attract more attention so by changing basic game mechanics like items worth/drop and even the possibility of making the game easier to adjust to the needs of players with less on their plate than others. I feel your boredom may be caused by the possibility that there's not enough content in which that can satisfy or grab your interest. No item in this game will always hold its same value because there will be revivals eventually. And for weapons it wont matter at all because the games on been out for 2 years? There will be new weapons there will be new weapons to replace those weapons as the best.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than accept it.[/SPOILER-BOX]

pkemr4
Apr 26, 2014, 12:10 PM

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

le happy merchant pls go

Tenlade
Apr 26, 2014, 01:39 PM
Say what you will, but looking at H44 and Yasha's drop counts makes me cry. This sudden generosity in rares seems to only apply to the mostly hideous costume-themed 11* rares. Things will go back to normal soon.

Nah I think this drop rate is here to stay,Drops arent as big a pull anymore with grind costs,affixes, and weapon specific latents discouraging constantly upgrading equipment.(not to mention rarer stuff is actually weaker because you have more trouble bringing it to 50 element) We'll have our incredibly rare falz of the month prize to covet and that'll be it mostly.