PDA

View Full Version : Importing Character Save Data to other races?

Akakomuma
Apr 26, 2014, 12:45 PM
Despite the same face and body variants being used on all races (outside of cast with cast parts on), from what I can see you can't take your character appearance from let's say...Newman and use it on Human and others. I notice races have their own file types such as .fnp, fdp, etc. However, even renaming these to the others won't cause them to work.

Is there anyway to import one races appearance settings to another race without having to take a screenshot of the settings?

Daiyousei
Apr 26, 2014, 01:32 PM
they're different because newmans have pointy ears, deumans have horns, casts have glowing eyes and robot heads, etc.

Shadowth117
Apr 26, 2014, 01:44 PM
So far as I know, there isn't a way to do just directly import them. The races actually all DO have slight variances in their facial structure so that might be part of why it doesn't work. Not really sure why they're different, but it was something that people found a while ago when they tried to replicate facial settings on other races.

schnee4
Apr 27, 2014, 08:41 PM
screenshot and common sense

Shadowth117
Apr 27, 2014, 09:05 PM
Is there anyway to import one races appearance settings to another race without having to take a screenshot of the settings?

screenshot and common sense

Well, you clearly lack one of those.

UnLucky
Apr 27, 2014, 09:06 PM
Yeah I tried to tinker with that kind of thing in the beta/standalone character creator.

Led to some silly stuff like bright green skin and a wardrobe malfunction.

As far as I know, the save data is incompatible, even having the same sliders in different order. Though I was mostly trying to cheat the color swatches by switching between Cast and Newman, so maybe that was just especially complicated.

Not sure if anybody cracked the code or even cares to.

TaigaUC
Apr 27, 2014, 09:44 PM
I tried messing around with the character save data files back when we got the first character creator.
I was trying to load one race to another and so on. Didn't get anywhere with it.

Nowadays, I just use fullscreen screenshots and match the sliders. Seems close enough.
And yes, there are slight facial variations between races.
The most significant one I've noticed is with Caseals.
Their face and body proportions change somewhat significantly depending on whether you're wearing humanoid clothing or mech parts.
If I recall correctly, their mech faces are a little shorter and wider.