PDA

View Full Version : Bio Katana & Yasha

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 05:30 PM
Hey guys,

i really wonder what you think about those two katanas atm and i dont mean about their look :(

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 05:32 PM
One katana has 8% damage against everything and the other has 14% against elemental weakness.

Bio katana looks cooler.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 05:34 PM
I'd just save money and get a Sukeisuzumi, since it's far more common then either and offers a 7% damage increase while using Average Stance.

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 05:40 PM
One katana has 8% damage against everything and the other has 14% against elemental weakness.

Bio katana looks cooler.

thats what i really mean! I wonder what it would the best one compared to each other or even comparing those 2x judgement time katanas just fiew s atk below them.
that 8% dmg looks kinda nice but would be so good compared to a 7% avg stance?
and even if yasha has the best s atk that 14% elemental weakness will make any good difference ?

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 05:50 PM
14% > 8%

8% vs all = cheaper than 14% vs one/a few

8% > 7%

7% can be bought > 8% must be farmed

I can already almost one hit stuff with a level 3 crafted 6* katana, and probably would one hit stuff if my HU were maxed with more of fury stance filled out while using a normal katana. It probably doesn't make a notable difference due to that for small mobs, but probably helps with bigger mobs. 7% is really all you need because most people already do fine with that.

Bellion
Apr 27, 2014, 05:52 PM
Get Bio
Go Hu/Br
Take full of advantage of everything Hu and Br has to offer. Meanwhile, Br/Hu cannot take advantage of the Gear boosting skill on Hu, certain useful Hu weapons, and lower S-atk.

An Orochi Agito Br/Hu with 35 element or so is on par with a Hu/Br Bio 50 element when factoring in both of their latents.

A Yasha 50% would beat both of them but you'd basically need a rainbow palette of them.

btw-Niji
Apr 27, 2014, 05:53 PM
Bio katana looks cooler.
and wrecks fps hard like nishiki does/

why sega why.....

Get Bio
Go Hu/Br
Take full of advantage of everything Hu and Br has to offer. Meanwhile, Br/Hu cannot take advantage of the Gear boosting skill on Hu, certain useful Hu weapons, and lower S-atk.

An Orochi Agito Br/Hu with 35 element or so is on par with a Hu/Br Bio 50 element when factoring in both of their latents.

A Yasha 50% would beat both of them but you'd basically need a rainbow palette of them.
Agreed with this.

Not much else to say.

nathanielzor
Apr 27, 2014, 05:55 PM
Yeah I'd rather be able to main Hunter, take advantage of the Gear Boosting, HP, high S-ATK.

Bio Katana 4 lyfe.

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 05:55 PM
Doesn't fury gear boost only affect HU weapons? It felt like that to me at least.

pkemr4
Apr 27, 2014, 05:58 PM
yasha isnt worth it for the amount of money you have to spend for getting a rainbow pallete of them + grinding/affix cost's. i would say bio katana.

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 06:01 PM
Get Bio
Go Hu/Br

I kinda agree on what ur telling me here but having already a good affixed rockbear katana would be maybe good to just go for a 50% light/fire yasha just for darkers?
but yea that thing about hu/br is kinda intresting atm :D

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 06:04 PM
Doesn't fury gear boost only affect HU weapons? It felt like that to me at least.

thats something i would like know too ^^;

Z-0
Apr 27, 2014, 06:08 PM
Well, if you want to know, Br/Hu is better than Hu/Br if you have the money to buy Yasha (best Katana in the game) and Trident Crasher (best Partisan in the game, slaughters the Assault Buster partizans and Bio; it's also allclass).

However, both those weapons have Ancient Oath, so you'll need the money to get at least 3 of each (personally I'd go for Fire, Lightning and Dark, but that's just me, with maybe a fourth Yasha that's light if I had the spare money) if you want maximum damage on everything.

However, Hu/Br doesn't need as many weapons, is almost as good (but not as good, depends what's important to you), and can use Fury Gear Boost, although I would go for S-Atk Up myself. You can also use all Swords / Partisans / Lances if they're important to you.

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
I split the game into two categories.

General quests, and Darker quests.

Since (12 MPA wise) it only seems to be really important to be able to do well in Tower Defense, there's a good priority for getting darker crusher weapons and that's basically the only thing I'd get a Yasha for. I sold my yasha ASAP because the new easter quest means it's going to be dropping a lot. It already went from 50m to 40m in the time I got it to the time I sold it.

pkemr4
Apr 27, 2014, 06:32 PM
wouldnt zeshu or ringa katana be better for darker slaying since all darkers are weak to light. and then bio for general use for other things?

NexusAZ
Apr 27, 2014, 06:36 PM
wouldnt zeshu or ringa katana be better for darker slaying since all darkers are weak to light. and then bio for general use for other things?

Negative Hunter caps at 13%, which is lower than Yasha's 14%. Yasha also has a higher base S-ATK. Also, rare Darkers lose their weakness to Light. So, in some cases the Negative Hunter Katanas would do better.

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 06:39 PM
Negative Hunter caps at 13%, which is lower than Yasha's 14%. Yasha also has a higher base S-ATK. Also, rare Darkers lose their weakness to Light, so in some cases the Negative Hunter Katanas would do better.

hmm so far which element would be the best for yasha , light or fire?

NexusAZ
Apr 27, 2014, 06:42 PM
hmm so far which element would be the best for yasha , light or fire?

Light is pretty much for Darkers and a handful of other enemies. Fire works for Some Darkers, Natives and Coast. Darkers are your most common enemy normally, so... either way works IMO.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2014, 06:42 PM
Negative Hunter caps at 13%, which is lower than Yasha's 14%. Yasha also has a higher base S-ATK. Also, rare Darkers lose their weakness to Light. So, in some cases the Negative Hunter Katanas would do better.

Just to expand on this, as far as I'm aware only rare darkers older than episode 2 lose their light weakness. This is a noteworthy distinction depending on your area or what you're doing. Newer content generally has the rare darkers still weak to light, but older stuff not so much. Of course, you'll still find older darkers in newer stuff, but you get my point.

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 06:43 PM
Depends on what you want to use it for. For darkers it'd be light.

NexusAZ
Apr 27, 2014, 06:45 PM
Just to expand on this, as far as I'm aware only rare darkers older than episode 2 lose their light weakness. This is a noteworthy distinction depending on your area or what you're doing. Newer content generally has the rare darkers still weak to light, but older stuff not so much. Of course, you'll still find older darkers in newer stuff, but you get my point.

Good catch there, I didn't even think of that. hwoops

Dia79
Apr 27, 2014, 06:51 PM
Depends on what you want to use it for. For darkers it'd be light.

well as i sayd before i have a judgement time rockbear katana 50% light and pretty well affixed so i might just go for a fire yasha maybe or i would swap those2 katanas elements otherwise if i plan to go for bio katana i would just sell the rockbear katana to cover the +5% cost since im sadly out of xq passes atm ><

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 07:40 PM
If you wanna spend 7m+ and to swap the elements (or buy/resell the katanas) go ahead I guess. I'd just get the fire yasha at that point.

Punisher106
Apr 27, 2014, 07:57 PM
The fucks I give about how it's not as good as other things are at 0.

I'm getting the Yasha, along with the Sange, no matter what.

Lego
Apr 27, 2014, 08:06 PM
pfff i outdmg most bravers with only 60 affixes and krafted LK jt3 katana

milranduil
Apr 27, 2014, 08:50 PM
By crafted LK do you mean Lambda Kalicizma? Please, say no...

RollTheDice
Apr 27, 2014, 08:52 PM
I wonder too..
http://www.ultraimg.com/images/x1sbZ.gif

schnee4
Apr 27, 2014, 09:02 PM

no crafted, is krafted

Hobu
Apr 27, 2014, 09:10 PM
920 something damage Lambda Kalicizma over the delicious 1000+ attack on 11 stars? Please no.

gigawuts
Apr 27, 2014, 09:17 PM
Well he did say most, I mean, if we consider how many characters haven't leveled Braver past 1...

Chdata
Apr 27, 2014, 10:20 PM
pfff i outdmg most bravers with only 60 affixes and krafted LK jt3 katana

Same here. I kinda wonder why I can get top3 often in TD while under leveled, with luck rise units, and a crafted katana or while only spamming an Il Megid that hits 4000-5800 on darkers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 27, 2014, 10:44 PM
Still waiting on confirmation as to whether or not sega and their infinite programmer wisdom actually made fury gear boost only effect WLs, partisans, and swords, or if it is fully abuseable by katanas along with every enemy in game.

Rakurai
Apr 27, 2014, 10:45 PM
The description says Hunter weapons, and I haven't seen any mention of it working on weapons other then those on the JP wiki.

btw-Niji
Apr 28, 2014, 02:02 AM
Same here. I kinda wonder why I can get top3 often in TD while under leveled, with luck rise units, and a crafted katana or while only spamming an Il Megid that hits 4000-5800 on darkers.
Ever thought you might be playing in a bad MPA?

Chdata
Apr 28, 2014, 02:07 AM
If 80% of MPAs I end up in are bad then yea.

TD1 I usually see like 70% of mpas being good and until recently TD2 was only like 30% of MPAs getting srank and now it's maybe at 70% too.

Edit: Meanwhile I get stuck not being able to enter a good block while XQing and end up trying to TD2 in B20. A wall got half broken in the first wave. I just left the MPA when 3 towers were dead and the 4th one was at 25% hp. Of course, the only other block was empty which was why I went to b20 at all. By the time I quit the first one there was a few more people, but it was mostly still EN players and like 3 towers broke.

In the second run, after top scoring with way too many points twice and a wall breaking I left to get some soup I started cooking beforehand and found out that exploded in the microwave so I ended up afk until near the end of the wave.

How can anyone possibly stand playing in B20 knowing you're going to have absolutely 0 chance at the possible 15m+ worth rares?

Lego
Apr 28, 2014, 05:33 AM
I'm sorry its the normal Kal extended to lv6.

Kikikiki
Apr 28, 2014, 06:05 AM
Ship 2 problems: the thread.

Every thread ever.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 28, 2014, 06:47 AM
Ever thought you might be playing in a bad MPA?

Exactly wat I was thinking. Beating 11 other block 20ians does not make you good.

Chdata
Apr 28, 2014, 06:50 AM
But beating random JP players in b11-15 does.

Z-0
Apr 28, 2014, 07:05 AM
Not really, I got first as a level 51 Hunter on B-High-10s once. Didn't really mean much・・・, because everyone else was pulling their weight fine, I just got a lot of last hits through Shunka and Katana Combat.

Chdata
Apr 28, 2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah, SEGA could have a better way of counting score.
But still, I shouldn't have been able to top as much as I did even in good MPAs with such poor welfare.

Alukard
Apr 28, 2014, 09:23 AM
I'm always 12th on my br and idk what I do wrong. I collect the most crystals, I swear^^;

Xaeris
Apr 28, 2014, 09:27 AM
I really wish people would stop taking the scoreboard seriously. I guarantee random TD2 runs would go much better if the thing were removed entirely along with the incentive it provides to go glory seeking instead of playing responsibly.

Alukard
Apr 28, 2014, 09:37 AM
I really wish people would stop taking the scoreboard seriously. I guarantee random TD2 runs would go much better if the thing were removed entirely along with the incentive it provides to go glory seeking instead of playing responsibly.

Sounds like you perform pretty bad in TD. If people would take it seriously and care about being able to ck the monsters in TD, you'd have successful s-rank runs nearly everytime.

Being #1 in a single run doesn't mean anything and doesn't make it a fact that you are helpful in this game, I agree. But over the course of time, if you perform miserably in most of your runs, you'd agree that those multiple runs are very well considered as empirical data and the interpretation of it is:
you suck!

Unless you are a zondeel bitch that knows what he is doing

Ephidiel
Apr 28, 2014, 09:38 AM
maybe SEGA was implementing it to see how many fools go glory seeking and fail the EQs that way and maybe sending them a free copy of call of duty

Xaeris
Apr 28, 2014, 09:40 AM
Sounds like you perform pretty bad in TD. If people would take it seriously and care about being able to ck the monsters in TD, you'd have successful s-rank runs nearly everytime.

Being #1 in a single run doesn't mean anything and doesn't make it a fact that you are helpful in this game, I agree. But over the course of time, if you perform miserably in most of your runs, you'd agree that those multiple runs are very well considered as empirical data and the interpretation of it is:
you suck!

This is some bush league trolling right here. Come on, son.

Z-0
Apr 28, 2014, 09:41 AM
No, the idea is that instead of people taking their own spawns and making sure things die on a particular side / spot, they go rushing to the other side of the map to be able to score points to get on the leaderboard, or run around collecting crystals.

It should really be removed, imo, and I usually get high up in randoms (usually FO in organised though, so 12th there :3), so it's not like I'm complaining about sucking.

gigawuts
Apr 28, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'd be fine with the scoreboard if it actually counted useful actions like, you know, zondeel (significantly larger score for more things zondeeled at once & for things dying in your zondeel), weak bullet placement (points for placing WB, more points for parts breaking under your WB, more points for things dying to your WB), etc.

Also, little medals that indicated what they did that round. Zondeel lots of stuff = zondeel medal, weak bullet a boss = boss weakener medal, etc. This way low performing players could get a better handle on exactly how they could improve the MPA's performance. Best scoring players do this = maybe I should too!

But, you know, effort. So remove the whole damn thing. Either make it good or don't make it at all, don't halfass it and incentivize bad play.

Alukard
Apr 28, 2014, 09:56 AM
No, the idea is that instead of people taking their own spawns and making sure things die on a particular side / spot, they go rushing to the other side of the map to be able to score points to get on the leaderboard, or run around collecting crystals.

It should really be removed, imo, and I usually get high up in randoms (usually FO in organised though, so 12th there :3), so it's not like I'm complaining about sucking.

Rushing to the other side is only smart, if it is the last spawn of a round. Anytime else you are essentially betting on landing a few last hits on w/e survived. It would be smarter to go at the full spawn on your side instead of running from one side to the other and snipe one or two kills. Worst case, people rush over and stay for the next spawn on that side aswell, leaving the other side completely vulnerable and giving me a bunch of points, which I completely deserved for carrying the side.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 28, 2014, 09:59 AM

you suck!

I've had buddies who thought the point of TD was crystal collecting, they were all super proud of being in top 3 from collecting crystals, going like "we ended with 7500 points! Success!" And I just facefloor so hard because their base health looks like it just iron willed. "Crystal god!" I'm just like no, if you're not future ace, ruler of destruction or base watcan, you're not helping.

stroodle
Apr 28, 2014, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know what all of the code names for mining base are and how to get them?
I mean, some make sense like crystal collector/god but I don't understand the criteria for the others...
I usually do the same thing every run yet end up with different code names usually Ruler of Destruction, Guardian of something, Ace of Hope/Glory/etc, Base Watchmen, and some others like operator and tactician? Not sure.

And sort of on topic, I think someone mentioned earlier that the Bio Katana causes an FPS drop, I don't have one yet so I can't test it, but how bad is it?

Alukard
Apr 28, 2014, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know what all of the code names for mining base are and how to get them?
I mean, some make sense like crystal collector/god but I don't understand the criteria for the others...
I usually do the same thing every run yet end up with different code names usually Ruler of Destruction, Guardian of something, Ace of Hope/Glory/etc, Base Watchmen, and some others like operator and tactician? Not sure.

And sort of on topic, I think someone mentioned earlier that the Bio Katana causes an FPS drop, I don't have one yet so I can't test it, but how bad is it?

Tactician and operator are from chat or LA tri/quad dashing since the LAC counts as a form of communication.

Idk the criteria for the other ones yet. Looking at the codes those criteria might be pretty squishy.

Goukezitsu
Apr 28, 2014, 02:39 PM
I kind of agree with you guys on the leaderboard on both sides really. On one side it's there to get people to try so they don't slack and so they can have some visual representation that they are fucking around. On the other side due to how the points are tabulated it promotes some bad habits like waiting to kill last or trying to isolate mobs to ensure KS instead of allowing them to group up to be killed. It also doesn't reward if you are handling the boss. I personally take care of all of them during TD because every time I don't they aren't handled in place (I war cry ragne in place so he doesn't jump to gate) and they go a lot slower in general. It also, makes it so people think support is bad when in reality wb and zondeel slaves improve the speed of the run and defend the gates so its like w/e.

Getting first is good and its not too hard to do you just kind of focus on mobs no matter what and kill steal really. In TD 2, hell, crystal god on 3 of the 6 waves is actually probably one of the best ways to get points due to good mpas having the kills usually evenly spread. Having S rank and good time for 3 runs >>>>>> first place. I'd take 12th for that every time if what I was doing made those conditions more likely to happen.