PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming crafting costs this time around!

MidCap
Apr 29, 2014, 11:41 AM
When crafting was implemented, I went to great expense to get both crafting levels to 30.

With the increase to level 40, I found the costs to be overwhelming; I simply won't be able to get all of these done (I can gradually get them done with NPC orders, but not in any short amount of time since those are dailies only).

I've noticed that the benefits of crafting seem specific to that item / tech type. For example, if I do ALL of the Megid crafting, my Megid merit boost / demerit decrease is maxed out. It appears that the only benefit of doing ALL of the crafting is reducing the overall crafting line cooldown.

I don't particularly care about reducing the cooldown any further. Lilipariums are easy to come by, and I have 9 crafting lines at my disposal.

My question: Are there any actual merit / demerit boosts I'll be missing if I forego the crafting achievements that I don't need? I really don't see the point in maxing out my 1-3* Weapon crafting (or any of the Unit crafting, for that matter) - considering the cost.

Does anyone know what I'll be missing if I only finish the "useful" achievements? Thanks.

Sandmind
Apr 29, 2014, 01:26 PM
Tech crafting wise, I noticed that the next lv bonus is displayed in the character window (where you look for your stat, class lv and exp, etc). It's a predetermined bonus, that doesn't care if you haven't touched light tech for example, you're still getting it at same time as everyone else.

Z-0
Apr 29, 2014, 01:34 PM
I got to tech crafting 35 and pretty much gave up for now. I have every fire / lightning / ice recipe but good god, it probably cost me around 50 million just to do that...

LordKaiser
Apr 29, 2014, 01:39 PM
I think that the purpose of crafting is to not eliminate the need for 10* premium passes to get that equipment sold by players.

Also I think SEGA should make 7* and 8* weapons to appear as common and stop showing as sparkling red as soon as 13* equipment arrives.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2014, 01:56 PM
inb4 thoughtless Arksenth poor ppl comment

GoldenFalcon
Apr 29, 2014, 02:02 PM
inb4 thoughtless Arksenth poor ppl comment

Implying Arksenth lifts crafts

only poor people do

MidCap
Apr 29, 2014, 02:10 PM
Poor person comment aside, some of the crafted 7-9* weps can get pretty strong, especially if they have good latents. 8-Ouncer reaches 1075 S-Atk with only Power III and Quartz Soul at max grind. It's a way to avoid huge expenses for types of equipment that aren't frequently used.

landman
Apr 29, 2014, 04:18 PM
What's the difference in crafting a spell in my room, or in another one's? does the price change to add his profit? I guess it's still cheaper if you have never crafted a spell and you just want to craft some end game spells to a specific merit / demerit.

Shadowth117
Apr 29, 2014, 04:43 PM
Poor person comment aside, some of the crafted 7-9* weps can get pretty strong, especially if they have good latents. 8-Ouncer reaches 1075 S-Atk with only Power III and Quartz Soul at max grind. It's a way to avoid huge expenses for types of equipment that aren't frequently used.

All crafted weapons have the same end attack with the issue being that they lower dexterity significantly and allow people to hit things like 12000 one moment and 9000 the next with something. In other words, they're not very consistent so they're not actually as consistently powerful as other weapons are.

What's the difference in crafting a spell in my room, or in another one's? does the price change to add his profit? I guess it's still cheaper if you have never crafted a spell and you just want to craft some end game spells to a specific merit / demerit.

It gives that person crafting experience if they can get it from that particular spell and does not use any of their resources aside from a crafting slot. You are required to give all of the materials, but you get your tech just the same in the end.