PDA

View Full Version : Help with two affix gear (newbie)

WhiteCracker
Apr 30, 2014, 09:01 AM
TL;DR at the bottom to skip the confusing mess.

I'm a Ra/Hu and people keep telling me that I should affix shoot 3 / mizer or fang to all of my gear. They tell me it's really easy to do, but I have no idea how to go about it without bleeding myself of all of my money trying to succeed with a 50% success rate on souls. This is my first character, so maybe I'm unaware of a particular detail.

So here's the issue:

I want "x" weapon to have shoot 3 / mizer. Should I start with a target weapon that already has mizer / junk affixes and then work from there? Or should I build it from scratch using a 0/1 affix weapon as a base?

I thought I'd need the following based on the guide I read about affixing, but I feel like this whole pre-planning thing is more appropriate for 3+ affix equipment:

Target: Mizer / junk

Fodder 1: Mizer / shoot 3 (If I could succeed in making a fodder with these affixes, I may as well just do it on the target weapon... so how? Is there an optimal way?)
Fodder 2: Mizer / junk ?

Is there an easier way to do this? I'm really lost, so I'm sorry if I sound like a total noob. Or maybe I'm just making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

At first, I was going to get a two affix equip with one mizer soul and then just overwrite the junk with shoot III like so:

Target: Mizer / junk

Fodder 1: Mizer / junk
Fodder 2: Shoot III / junk

But that puts me at a dangerous % for the soul. Is this the way that people usually do it? They just suck it up and try it? Or is there some more surefire way to do it that doesn't require a massive load of these excubes people talk about? People tell me that it's "SOO EASY!!" but I'm not sure if it's actually that simple or people are just swimming in meseta.

Also, in the event that I fail the soul and/or shoot 3 and I end up with a 0/1 affix equipment, is it better to rebuild it by adding slots or just start over with a 2 affix equip?

Please advise! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: I'm dumb, please advise me on the most optimal way to two affix gear with soul / attack 3 (I already read the guide)

Bellion
Apr 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
What you should do is build up to 2 slots for each equipment with junk affixes such as arm 1, pow 1, etc. Just don't add something like poison 1 because it has a low chance being that it is a status ailment.

Apply Shoot 3 to all of your equipment next to get Shoot 3/x on all of them. It's your choice if you want to use 1 fodder of Shoot 3 instead of 2 if you want to try to save money with a 60% vs 80%. Of course, you will need to use 2 fodder anyway, but you can choose to go with only 1 fodder with Shoot 3 at this part.

And then, you add the soul. You're forced to get 2x Mizer/Fang for this part. The final affix will be 50/80 chance but it's not so bad since it's a 2 slot affix. You can choose to use a 10% affix booster if you want for a 60/90 chance.

Adding the soul on the equipment first will force you to use 3 soul fodders instead of 2. For a 2 slot affix, this is not worth the cost.

WhiteCracker
Apr 30, 2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the quick response! All these guides/tips/tricks I've been reading have always suggested starting with a soul on the target weapon, but then again, all of these concerned 3+ affix equips. Thanks to that, I never thought about making it all junk and then adding shoot 3 to start.

I'll give it a go ASAP. Thanks again.

Hobu
Apr 30, 2014, 09:43 AM
Go Dudu mode and put 2 souls + shoot III with 10% Success item. 60/50 chance is the way to go for real men.

Sizustar
Apr 30, 2014, 09:51 AM
Wait till the May 3rd 5% boost event too.

SammyKiller
Apr 30, 2014, 10:05 AM
Personally if I'm doing 2s I just force it,

get either shoot III on the weapon and get 2 fodders that only have the soul in them, and use the Slot 1 and Extra slot, do it a few times and you'll get lucky and have them both succeed, use 5% or 10% ability boost for great justice. :D

UnLucky
Apr 30, 2014, 10:33 AM
You could try expanding the slots in one go since it's only a 10% decrease:

Shoot III + Mizer Soul + Mizer Soul -> Shoot III/Mizer Soul @ 72%/45%

or if Shoot II fodder is a lot cheaper, you could try synthesizing Shoot III instead:

Shoot II + Shoot II + Shoot II -> Shoot III @ 50%
or
Shoot II + Shoot II + Fang Soul -> Shoot III @ 50%
or
Shoot II + Shoot II + Mutation I -> Shoot III @ 60%

Gardios
Apr 30, 2014, 10:49 AM
What's the average cost of doing 2 or 3 slot equipment?

Bellion
Apr 30, 2014, 10:56 AM
Standard 2s +60 x-atk I would say less than 300k per unit.
3s can range from like 1m-6m depending on whatever boost item you are using or some other 3rd affix. Going +60 x-atk with Stigma is cheaper than going for Spirita Boost and I'd say +60 and Stig is like less than 3m. But, there are exceptions with the souls + stig where it may cost more.

UnLucky
Apr 30, 2014, 11:27 AM
The expected cost of making one 3s equip is: (expected cost of expanding to 3s + cost of 3s fodder + attempt fee)/(overall success rate)

So say you start with a 0s item, and Dudu charges you 5k for shipping and handling. Trash fodder is 1k.

0->1 costs (5k+1k)/(1) = 5k
1->2 costs (5k+5k+1k+1k)/(0.9*0.9) = 14.8k
2->3 costs (14.8k+5k+1k+1k)/(0.85*0.85*0.85) = 35.5k

Then let's say a 3s Soul fodder is 10k (hope you're not going for Mizer)

(35.5k+10k+10k+5k)/(0.5) = 121k

Add the price of Soul/Stat/* fodder, +20%, and a stat boost and you're set.

You can use the same estimate to see if fodder is worth buying or creating yourself. Or add in the cost of a booster and adjust the success rates to see if it's worth using.

Of course, it would be more accurate to account for retaining a varying number of slots, but that's a lot more complicated.

Walkure
Apr 30, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'd imagine Fang soul would be cheaper on average to get. All RATK-boosting souls give the boost to Shoot affixing now. The breakables give a lot better chance of units dropping (as opposed to mizer's legendary meseta squares), and, while mizer has a sheer rate advantage at high enough slots to argue for Spirita affixing, Fang is (probably, haven't checked recently) significantly cheaper at the higher number of slots to more than make up for needing multiple instances of Spirita III to 100%.