PDA

View Full Version : "Ultimate Naberius" datamined area

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 12:58 PM
According to Agrajag:

Haven't mentioned this here, but if you follow Raujinn's blog you saw: there's an area identified as "CastleTown" on a currently unreleased planet. There's no information on it yet.

Water3 monsters: Wop3GaicoEdge, Wop3GaicoGun, Wop3GaicoJuggle, Wop3GaicoMagic, Wop3Sleigh (note: includes rare version), Wop3Wany ("wani", meaning crocodile; includes rare version), Wop3ApeA (includes rare version), MarineOarfishII (boss, includes rare variant, seems to be another Bal Rodos).
Unknown area monster: Knight Gear (en_sfc_knightgear). It has a rare version, and apparently a very complex AI script, so I'm thinking this may be the next collab boss... but I have no idea what "sfc" could be. For what it's worth, it has a shield that it can throw.
New rare monster: Myau (UnknownCat/en_unk_myau). Hopefully this one makes it through better than Orakio's namesake did (have I mentioned that I hate that outfit with every fiber of my being?).

New area: UltimateNaberius (area 2200). Enemies so far are UltNativeBeast (note: Oodan/Woodan) and UltNativeBeastThrower (note: Za Oodan/Zawoodan). Not saying it's Bartles, but...

My friend tells me Ultimate Naberius must be a reference to PSO, where ultimate areas appeared that were reskins of previous areas and enemies, with new AIs.

What's your thoughts on this?

Walkure
Apr 30, 2014, 01:02 PM
How radically different were ultimate enemies compared to the normal versions? This might get interesting if they get more complex attacks.

also:

New rare monster: Myau (UnknownCat/en_unk_myau). Hopefully this one makes it through better than Orakio's namesake did (have I mentioned that I hate that outfit with every fiber of my being?).That punny name :lol:

Totori
Apr 30, 2014, 01:04 PM
Mostly reskins, they kinda had the same behavior. Faster and like a select few had a few new attacks. Mostly that Lily that kept throwing around Megid's.

Not enough information for me to really guess, but from what it seems. Ultimate Mode might have some newer and exclusive monsters, not a bad thing. I really wouldn't mind a change of music also.

Unnamed Player
Apr 30, 2014, 01:07 PM
What's your thoughts on this?
I want to like it but I know that they will fuck it up.

Mysterious-G
Apr 30, 2014, 01:08 PM
I want to say it's SEGA and they wouldn't put this much work into a new difficulty ever, but then I look at the new story chapter and am not so sure anymore.

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2014, 01:09 PM
How radically different were ultimate enemies compared to the normal versions? This might get interesting if they get more complex attacks.

also:
That punny name :lol:

99% of them were the same enemy with faster movement speed, faster swings, and slightly different flinch recovery timing. New models were on most enemies, but some remained the same.

A few changed their attack patterns, hallmark behaviors would be upgraded or reworked, etc. For instance, Sinow Gold cast shifta & deband instead of just healing, and Gillchics wouldn't be knocked down with every single hit anymore. For a difficulty-wide change, almost all fire techs were changed to ice (and thus could freeze), and almost all ice techs were changed to dark (and thus could 1shot). Other elements were a case-by-case sort of thing.

The coolest part was the redesign of the levels. Pink mines were great, sunset forest was pretty nice, overgrown caves 2 & 3 were cool, etc. I would've loved to see a reworked episode 2, but they only did new models for episode 1 content.

Shinamori
Apr 30, 2014, 01:10 PM
I think "CastleTown" maybe a 3rd Area in Wopal, and it maybe have something do with the floating ruins in the beach area.

strikerhunter
Apr 30, 2014, 01:16 PM
Better AI? reskinned enemies? I have no doubts that this is Ultimate mode in a new area if you ask me..........on either Vopal or Nab.

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:20 PM
I think "CastleTown" maybe a 3rd Area in Wopal, and it maybe have something do with the floating ruins in the beach area.

Third area of Vopal is called "Water3" in the data, and is a completely different area. CastleTown is on a completely new planet.

Takatsuki
Apr 30, 2014, 01:26 PM
Maybe they'll make the "Ultimate" areas have the Parallel Area look?

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:27 PM
Maybe they'll make the "Ultimate" areas have the Parallel Area look?

Yes please.

DJcooltrainer
Apr 30, 2014, 01:28 PM
This makes me wonder how much higher Sega is planning on pushing the level cap. If Ultimate is already in the works, how difficult will it really be? Or will they just come up with some new word to surpass ultimate?

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:29 PM
This makes me wonder how much higher Sega is planning on pushing the level cap. If Ultimate is already in the works, how difficult will it really be? Or will they just come up with some new word to surpass ultimate?

"Impossibru".

Considering that Ultimate encompasses brand new areas, if Sega was smart, Ultimate areas would have their Normal difficulty be even harder than Super Hard. Then, they can open Hard, Very Hard, and Super Hard in succession for those areas only.

Takatsuki
Apr 30, 2014, 01:31 PM

Well datamined stuff only seems to go up to level 100 (apparently) so 100 may end up being the highest cap for all we know.

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2014, 01:31 PM
Ultimate is absolutely not going to be the highest difficulty. I'm going to be surprised if it really is coming next, but rest assured there will be a Very Ultimate afterwards.

Totori
Apr 30, 2014, 01:32 PM
I want to think max level cap might be 100, but you never know. We might not even see Ultimate for quite sometime.

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:36 PM
Best name for next difficulty: "Nintendo Hard". Ironic, and fitting.

Mysterious-G
Apr 30, 2014, 01:37 PM
More Hard mode

Meteor Weapon
Highest difficulty would probably be "Infinity"

infiniteeverlasting
I want to say it's SEGA and they wouldn't put this much work into a new difficulty ever, but then I look at the new story chapter and am not so sure anymore.

[SPOILER]Dat theo assbuster, dat new fire knuckles (probably going to be released as 13 star weaps), dat npc using ilmegid , dat 1000 damage that I saw come out of an npc, dat new area, dat everything. Yea you get my point, I was sincerely surprised by the new stuff in the story quest, you can see that they're now actually attempting to put more story and substance in this game. It doesn't just feel like collecting rare Pokemon cards anymore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinamori
Apr 30, 2014, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't the next difficulty be Super Very Hard?

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:40 PM
[SPOILER]Dat theo assbuster, dat new fire knuckles (probably going to be released as 13 star weaps), dat npc using ilmegid , dat 1000 damage that I saw come out of an npc, dat new area, dat everything. Yea you get my point, I was sincerely surprised by the new stuff in the story quest, you can see that they're now actually attempting to put more story and substance in this game. It doesn't just feel like collecting rare Pokemon cards anymore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The fire knuckles are genesis weapons. If Sega was ever stupid enough to actually release them to the public, then they should at least be smart enough to make them 15 stars.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 30, 2014, 01:43 PM
The fire knuckles are genesis weapons. If Sega was ever stupid enough to actually release them to the public, then they should at least be smart enough to make them 15 stars.

I want them badddd , just imagine how obnoxiously flashy you would be with those knuckles. Would probably obliterate fps as well.

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 01:44 PM

Yes, and they actually have a name: Wolfran (ワルフラーン). They're Huey's knuckles, and if I had to guess by what they did to Zeno, Huey is either Fi/Hu or those knucks are all-class.

Akatsuki Fu/En seems to be a replica of Regius' Genesis, Yonohate (which is a sword in sealed form and katana in unsealed form).

Unnamed Player
Apr 30, 2014, 01:47 PM
just imagine how obnoxiously flashy you would be with those
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/jswordspecial.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 01:47 PM
I want them badddd , just imagine how obnoxiously flashy you would be with those knuckles. Would probably obliterate fps as well.

Other genesis weapons include Casra's galaxy talis, Claris Claes' Clarissa rod, Maria's falzkiller partizan, Quna's Mai Blades twin daggers, and Zeno's ohmygoditsfullofstars gunslash. Every single one is flashy as hell and has special abilities, like the Mai Blades' ability to turn Quna invisible.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 30, 2014, 01:55 PM
Other genesis weapons include Casra's galaxy talis, Claris Claes' Clarissa rod, Maria's falzkiller partizan, Quna's Mai Blades twin daggers, and Zeno's ohmygoditsfullofstars gunslash. Every single one is flashy as hell and has special abilities, like the Mai Blades' ability to turn Quna invisible.

Turn invisible? I want that. I wouldn't mind if we have to unlock the latent for that.

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 02:02 PM

I can also provide the names for each, though any who want no spoilers best not touch that dial there:

Quna - [Tōjin] Mai
Regius - Yonohate
Maria - [Enbu] Lavius
Casra -[Rinne*] Flow L'Enbelc* (フローレンベルク)
Zeno - [Kaiken] Nanaki
Matoi - [Hakushaku] Clarissa
Huey - [Hāken] Wolfran

(* = please give me a better reading of this, mine is terrible)

Also, Claris Claes' rod is an imitation. The girl just has absurdly high photon levels (akin to Theodore post-Dewman race change). Difference between her and Theodore is that her levels are natural, whereas Theo needed genetics on his ass to get to that level.

The true owner of Clarissa is Matoi, as I mentioned earlier. She's the second generation Claris Claes, thus the Clarissa in our annoying redhead's possession couldn't be real, because Genesis Weapons choose their wielders, not the other way around.[/SPOILER-BOX]

EDIT - @Infinite: The latent would cost you HP if there was ever a latent for it. It could outright kill you too. [SPOILER]Aki states during the first half of the Sanctum story that constant use of Mai's stealth mode consumes a serious amount of photons to keep up.

I imagine this is also the reason why Regius doesn't unseal Yonohate as often - it doesn't take his photons to work, but using it drains the photons of everything near him.

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:08 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

Flowen Berg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I can also provide the names for each, though any who want no spoilers best not touch that dial there:

[SPOILER-BOX]

Quna - [Tōjin] Mai
Regius - Yonohate
Maria - [Enbu] Lavius
Zeno - [Kaiken] Nanaki
Huey - [Hāken] Wolfran

Also, Claris Claes' rod is an imitation. The girl just has absurdly high photon levels (akin to Theodore post-Dewman race change). Difference between her and Theodore is that her levels are natural, whereas Theo needed genetics on his ass to get to that level.

The true owner of Clarissa is Matoi, as I mentioned earlier. She's the second generation Claris Claes, thus the Clarissa in our annoying redhead's possession couldn't be real, because Genesis Weapons choose their wielders, not the other way around.[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Apr 30, 2014, 02:12 PM
It would make sense if they were new maps and not a new difficulty, a way to show how finally naberius has been taken by the darkers.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 30, 2014, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't the next difficulty be Super Very Hard?
Ultra Hard.

jooozek
Apr 30, 2014, 02:18 PM
try hard more like

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 02:19 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

Flowen Berg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

THANK YOU! Do you know if I got the prefix title for the weapon correct, or can you give me a better reading? (He says something like "Rinne" or "Ring", but because I can't tell if he was withholding the "u" during that nasal sound I can't be certain).

Also, @Everyone else - I don't foresee there being another difficulty increase. I think Ultimate will be the final increase, and then they may consider upping the cap to 120, thus making Ultimate last the remaining 40 levels.

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:25 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
i think it's RInne
Sing out: Soultraveler Flowen Berg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2014, 02:29 PM
The game will not last another 7 years on Ultimate unless they keep adding higher level enemies to it.

Totori
Apr 30, 2014, 02:31 PM
Yep, I can see an Episode 3 major update coming soon.

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2014, 02:32 PM
Well of course, there's about one episode per year here and major shit just went down in the story. Episode 3 is inevitable.

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:32 PM
i really doubt we are at any point close to getting a Ultimate difficulty yet

Ultra Hard seems more likely at this point but adding Ultimate Areas for the existing planets sounds good

because once you add a difficulty called Ultimate you pretty much have to be endgame
and it doesnt seem like we are close to that yet

Shadowth117
Apr 30, 2014, 02:33 PM
The game will not last another 7 years on Ultimate unless they keep adding higher level enemies to it.

What will probably happen rather than that is we'll get a PSU scenario where we get S as the highest rank.... and then S2.... and then S3... and dear god why even S4.

So we'll probably get something like Ultimate, Ultimate+, Ultimate++... or something silly along those lines. I'd lol if they went off the naming scheme they have already and do Very Ultimate and Super Ultimate though.

Gardios
Apr 30, 2014, 02:33 PM
Flowen Berg

Might as well go full German with Florenberg.

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:39 PM
oh that sounds even better
and it's even a town in germany xD

gigawuts
Apr 30, 2014, 02:40 PM
There is not and will never be an "endgame" in PSO2. There will only be "highest available."

Why? Why will there never be an endgame, while PSO1 and PSU had endgames?

Because PSO2 is not the same kind of game. PSO2 is not ever going to be put on a disc and sold to people without internet. That was the reason PSO1 ever had an endgame - because not everyone would be able to go online, and because they couldn't update a CD. That's it. PSO1 did regularly expand, but it took brand new releases to do it (v2, gc/xbox, and bb).

PSO2 is purely online, purely about continued expansion, and purely about content dripfeed. They want you signing on regularly to get your FUN points, and to see people in sexy bikinis to make you want one, and to make sure your gear from last month is now worse than the new colored weapon series in the new AQs, and all that same shit.

The only time endgame will ever surface is when the game's actual end is confirmed. And then you know what will happen? They'll just stop supporting it. They'll abandon it, throw a bunch of boosted droprates at the players for the last few months, and get to work on PSU2 which will amusingly resemble PSO1 more than PSU.

The addition of an Ultimate difficulty will be little more than another grab at nostalgia. That's it. They've already abandoned the PSO1 naming convention (thank god) with Super Hard, so nobody can even try to say nothing will come after Ultimate because that's how it was in PSO1. This ain't PSO1.

infiniteeverlasting
Apr 30, 2014, 02:45 PM

Quna - [Tōjin] Mai
Regius - Yonohate
Maria - [Enbu] Lavius
Zeno - [Kaiken] Nanaki
Huey - [Hāken] Wolfran

EDIT - @Infinite: The latent would cost you HP if there was ever a latent for it. It could outright kill you too. [SPOILER]Aki states during the first half of the Sanctum story that constant use of Mai's stealth mode consumes a serious amount of photons to keep up.

I imagine this is also the reason why Regius doesn't unseal Yonohate as often - it doesn't take his photons to work, but using it drains the photons of everything near him.

I KNEW IT WAS A SEAL, the handle looks like one of the datamined 12 star swords (the handle to akatsuki in/akatsuki fu looks exactly like what he has)

GoldenFalcon
Apr 30, 2014, 02:49 PM
They'll abandon it, and get to work on PSU2 which will amusingly resemble PSO1 more than PSU.

I hope

GoldenFalcon
Apr 30, 2014, 02:51 PM
I KNEW IT WAS A SEAL

PSZero

pkemr4
Apr 30, 2014, 03:22 PM
cant wait to spend 10-20 mil just get a 1200+ R-atk ZRA TMG or JA TMG! and make bio tmg irrelevent

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 30, 2014, 06:25 PM
We're going to be playing this game for a long time, aside from ES and Nova when it comes out and any other spinoff games. I believe Sakai mentioned there's a plan in place for the game to last at least 10 years pre-release. And to be honest, I believe it. When PSU was in development we were told it would last about 5 years, and that's just about how long it did.

Silver Crow
Apr 30, 2014, 08:52 PM
exciting stuff, this game really knows how to hype you up

Keyblade59
Apr 30, 2014, 08:59 PM
where is booma rare mob for the shits n giggles with classic look and AI, jump out of the ground and war cry

Zyrusticae
Apr 30, 2014, 09:16 PM
They'll abandon it, throw a bunch of boosted droprates at the players for the last few months, and get to work on PSU2 which will amusingly resemble PSO1 more than PSU.
I lol'd because it's probably going to happen.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they dropped the idea of a sequel and just did some major iterative work on what's already in the game, but nobody ever seems to do that besides CCP nowadays, so...

cheapgunner
Apr 30, 2014, 10:07 PM
Would love if Ultimate had updated game engine so that midbosses could spawn in groups of 4-6+ instead of 1-3. Hell, I would love more breakable parts so that Ex/Noire's entire secondary arms can be torn off. Imagine massive holes in Zeshy & RIgshy's star shell so that fliud leaks from it. Take off one of Trans' rocket arms even.

oratank
Apr 30, 2014, 10:17 PM
ultimate come too early? no problem
sega can use "super ultra ultimate hard arcade edition" for the higher difficult lv next to ultimate in the capcom way.

Tenlade
Apr 30, 2014, 10:26 PM
or ya know, the ultimate advance quests just reach whatever crazy level cap goes past ultimate mode's.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 30, 2014, 10:43 PM
There is not and will never be an "endgame" in PSO2. There will only be "highest available."

Why? Why will there never be an endgame, while PSO1 and PSU had endgames?

Because PSO2 is not the same kind of game. PSO2 is not ever going to be put on a disc and sold to people without internet. That was the reason PSO1 ever had an endgame - because not everyone would be able to go online, and because they couldn't update a CD. That's it. PSO1 did regularly expand, but it took brand new releases to do it (v2, gc/xbox, and bb).

PSO2 is purely online, purely about continued expansion, and purely about content dripfeed. They want you signing on regularly to get your FUN points, and to see people in sexy bikinis to make you want one, and to make sure your gear from last month is now worse than the new colored weapon series in the new AQs, and all that same shit.

The only time endgame will ever surface is when the game's actual end is confirmed. And then you know what will happen? They'll just stop supporting it. They'll abandon it, throw a bunch of boosted droprates at the players for the last few months, and get to work on PSU2 which will amusingly resemble PSO1 more than PSU.

The addition of an Ultimate difficulty will be little more than another grab at nostalgia. That's it. They've already abandoned the PSO1 naming convention (thank god) with Super Hard, so nobody can even try to say nothing will come after Ultimate because that's how it was in PSO1. This ain't PSO1.

PSU didn't have end game till "4 years in" so with PSO2's current AQs XQs and TAs being around its much better end game then what PSU had for YEARS.....so yeah there's that

Maenara
Apr 30, 2014, 11:43 PM
or ya know, the ultimate advance quests just reach whatever crazy level cap goes past ultimate mode's.

Which would be five levels, probably.

UnLucky
Apr 30, 2014, 11:52 PM
They really need to just stop with the level cap increases and just have uncapped AQs or whatever and the only progression is in your gear.

But people would rather have their easy mode dressup faceroll lobby dancing.

Chdata
May 1, 2014, 12:18 AM
Need a 1 moon per person difficulty.

Maenara
May 1, 2014, 12:27 AM

Telepipes, telepipes everywhere.

strikerhunter
May 1, 2014, 12:36 AM

Telepipes, telepipes everywhere.

And lock out players from using pipes.

Hobu
May 1, 2014, 12:36 AM
And no telepipes.

And a DUDU MUST DIE difficulty, where all equip abilities are not counted, only potentials and grind levels.

Maenara
May 1, 2014, 12:55 AM
Better idea: Dudu Difficulty, wherein all equipment is treated as having 0 affixes, +0 grind value, 0% element, and no potential for the duration of the mission. Crafting is unaffected, as well as affixes that cannot possibly be added to anything by Dudu, such as Lucky Rise.

NoiseHERO
May 1, 2014, 01:11 AM
I'd totally unquit this game for a week if we get sunset naberius.

Kikikiki
May 1, 2014, 01:26 AM
I'd totally unquit this game for a week if we get sunset naberius.

Oh yessss. More photogenic scenes that fit Golden CASTs perfectly.

Enforcer MKV
May 1, 2014, 02:54 AM
all equipment is treated as having 0 affixes, +0 grind value, 0% element, and no potential for the duration of the mission.

Can we get this, please?

I want to play this. Make it a toggle option or something for every difficulty, I dunno. Seems like something fun to do on occasion.

Ce'Nedra
May 1, 2014, 03:39 AM
Only thing I hope for is they follow the trend on PSO1 and reskin stuff. I actually loved that.

As for something other related to Ultimate. I predict Ultimate gonna drop 11* like we get 10* now, 12* turn into the new 11* for AQ % XQ and Dark Falz Elder & Loser will both introduce 13* among maybe TD3. TD1 & 2 will drop all Falz Elder & Loser 12*.

I also believe 14 and 15* will follow that trend for the next coming difficulties, someday. Of course Falz will forever troll us with Adamans :wacko:

Maenara
May 1, 2014, 05:50 AM
Only thing I hope for is they follow the trend on PSO1 and reskin stuff. I actually loved that.

As for something other related to Ultimate. I predict Ultimate gonna drop 11* like we get 10* now, 12* turn into the new 11* for AQ % XQ and Dark Falz Elder & Loser will both introduce 13* among maybe TD3. TD1 & 2 will drop all Falz Elder & Loser 12*.

I also believe 14 and 15* will follow that trend for the next coming difficulties, someday. Of course Falz will forever troll us with Adamans :wacko:

Watch a 15* caster weapon appear that's essentially a giant Mace of Adaman made out of smaller Maces of Adaman.

Ce'Nedra
May 1, 2014, 06:07 AM
Watch a 15* caster weapon appear that's essentially a giant Mace of Adaman made out of smaller Maces of Adaman.

Lamba and Dios Adaman when? :wacko:

Laxedrane
May 1, 2014, 07:51 AM
I always thought the difficulty would progress like this to keep in line with PSO references.

Ultimate->Nightmare->Phantasmal

I thought that be fitting.

gigawuts
May 1, 2014, 10:03 AM
I doubt we'll get radical changes to enemies. We might, Sega might really want to harp on that nostalgia string, but it would be out of character for Sega to remove existing content from the pool later on.

Maybe they're finally doing what I've hoped all along, and they're making entirely new entries in the enemy DB to accommodate new stats? (And slightly different appearances - this is ultimate, horns and bigger claws for everything!).

If enemies start having different elemental weaknesses in addition to their racial/species weakness I will be very pleased. Dagans 20% weak to fire & light, and 15% weak to wind. Dinians 30% weak to ice and 20% weak to dark. Sil Dinians 45% weak to ice. Zaudans 20% weak to fire and wind, and 30% weak to light.

Then add a new skill to Techer to reduce resistances. +10% weakness to any element an enemy resists. Enemies will have .9x modifiers to all but 1-2 elements, and that skill will make them weak to those certain elements. So a Sil Dinian with 45% weakness to ice gets 90% resistance to fire, lightning, and wind but only 95% resistance to light and dark. Now they're 45% weak to ice and 5% weak to light and dark...oh look, EWH works now!

So an Ice Staff: Dagoman.