PDA

View Full Version : Going back in time? STORY MODE.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Apr 30, 2014, 02:04 PM
So im guessing these story quests were we have to go back and do something in a story quest that we already completed in episode 1 are "going back in time"?

I don't mind spoilers so go right ahead. Also I don't think the story patch translates MB16 so I just did another going back in time story quest.

This will help me understand a bit even if I can't read the text. Ty ^^

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:06 PM
timeleap not timetravel

you fix something you forgot to do earlier

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 02:22 PM
timeleap not timetravel

you fix something you forgot to do earlier

Except that the new story event we're getting seems to have us going back 10 years. Far as I'm aware, that's not a time leap, that's legit time travel. We joined Arks at the same time as Afin, so there's no way we were present for whatever crap happened in the chronology of the Apprentice Invasion (speaking of which, if we're focusing on the events from 10 years prior, then that makes Apprentice the next DF candidate).

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 02:37 PM
that might be because of whats going to happen when beating the new Dark Falz

since he is called Manipulator of Time
maybe beating him then watching the cutscene and suddenly we get thrown back 10 years into the past

Daiyousei
Apr 30, 2014, 02:43 PM
It could also explain why Matoi knows you from the start, since you ran into her 10 years ago.

Rupikachu
Apr 30, 2014, 02:48 PM
This explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

Like really

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 02:49 PM
It could also explain why Matoi knows you from the start, since you ran into her 10 years ago.

Whatever happened to her 10 years prior must've seriously given her one heck of an amnesia attack.

What I don't get is why the Arks don't have any info on her in the database. If she was the second gen Claris Claes, how is it that her data got discarded so quickly?

Did Luther remove it when he was inaugurated as head bitch of the Arks? Or perhaps Xion/Xiao deleted it as a precaution to protect her from something/someone?

It's the same reason with Falz Persona - why don't they have any trace of his photon data? They could've simply reverse engineered it (unless they're stupid).

My theory is that Persona is to PSO2 what Cubia was to the Twilight Bracelet in the .hack games - he appeared as a response to us fighting against the pre-determined destiny set for us. Either that or it's Zeno/Echo's former master, which until we know who the guy is, seems unlikely.

Rupikachu
Apr 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
Whatever happened to her 10 years prior must've seriously given her one heck of an amnesia attack.

What I don't get is why the Arks don't have any info on her in the database. If she was the second gen Claris Claes, how is it that her data got discarded so quickly?

Did Luther remove it when he was inaugurated as head bitch of the Arks? Or perhaps Xion/Xiao deleted it as a precaution to protect her from something/someone?

Tell ya! Xion == Tardis. Photoners == Timelords. The mothership was full of Timelord symbols!! That means she regenerated and lost her memories!

Now more seriously.

[SPOILER-BOX]
I Doubt it was luther, the most feasible answer could be Photons. Think on how Quna turns invisible using her weapon i guess photons could be used to perceive someone as someone different. It could even be because some sideeffect of time travelling 10 years into the future? Considering Xion knew she was going to be there...

Then again apparently there was some mass memory wipe on the events of 10 years ago (afin sis) so claes disapearing from people's memory could be related to it.[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's the same reason with Falz Persona - why don't they have any trace of his photon data? They could've simply reverse engineered it (unless they're stupid).

[SPOILER-BOX] Maybe he is someone from the future? Or maybe he just wants to kill you because he knows/senses Xion involvement?

In any case it's not like he's after the player more like.. oh it's player, since he's here let's kill him[/SPOILER-BOX]

SakuRei
Apr 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
So wait... Matoi is the 2nd Claris Claes? Though come to think of it since the 2nd Claris Claes disappeared and so. But mostly the old Six Pillars of ARKS (naming Regius & Maria) members should've recognized her or something from the start. Or there might have been a brainwash-kind of sorcery that happened?

And so I guess another theory opened about Persona that it might be Zeno and Echo's master eh...

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 03:29 PM
So wait... Matoi is the 2nd Claris Claes? Though come to think of it since the 2nd Claris Claes disappeared and so. But mostly the old Six Pillars of ARKS (naming Regius & Maria) members should've recognized her or something from the start. Or there might have been a brainwash-kind of sorcery that happened?

And so I guess another theory opened about Persona that it might be Zeno and Echo's master eh...

[SPOILER-BOX]Matoi is the second-generation Claris Claes. Her memories have been wiped, and for the most part Xiao and Filia were keeping her existence well hidden (more the former than the latter) due to how valuable a piece she was in usurping Luther. Also, her use of Clarissa during the opening of the Divine Bubble (what I call the chamber that Luther was in) was hidden from the majority of eyes. No one but us would've recalled that she had conjured forth that particular Genesis.

And without any real proof to her being the genuine article (due to not actually wearing her outfit), they could easily say that she was a mere look alike (supported by the lack of any real records of her in the Arks database).

Also, it's no longer the Arks Council of Six once you factor in that Red-head Claris is out and the fourth is revealed to be Zeno - assume that Quna's status as number zero is legit, and instead of being ranked from 1 to 7, it would go 0-6 (akin to the Espada rankings in Bleach - Yammy has the number 9 to mask his presence as Espada numero zero).

It'd be more accurate to call it the Arks Seven Stars (or Shichi Shiseiten), which also fits with the Big Dipper's Greater Seven (which then becomes a Hokuto No Ken reference on its own).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Apr 30, 2014, 04:39 PM
[spoiler-box]And without any real proof to her being the genuine article (due to not actually wearing her outfit), they could easily say that she was a mere look alike (supported by the lack of any real records of her in the Arks database).[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]In the teaser trailer for the next story chapter (10 years ago), Matoi has green~blueish hair, instead of white hair, this could also help in others not recognizing her at first glance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_GxqHXOrio"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_GxqHXOrio[/spoiler-box]

Ephidiel
Apr 30, 2014, 04:55 PM
if the player really gets send back 10 years ago and meets matoi there maybe the events actually send matoi into the future with one heck of amnesia

Aine
Apr 30, 2014, 06:27 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]Also, it's no longer the Arks Council of Six once you factor in that Red-head Claris is out and the fourth is revealed to be Zeno - assume that Quna's status as number zero is legit, and instead of being ranked from 1 to 7, it would go 0-6 (akin to the Espada rankings in Bleach - Yammy has the number 9 to mask his presence as Espada numero zero).

It'd be more accurate to call it the Arks Seven Stars (or Shichi Shiseiten), which also fits with the Big Dipper's Greater Seven (which then becomes a Hokuto No Ken reference on its own).[/SPOILER-BOX]
[spoiler-box]the whole reason they're called the balance of six is because the even numbers are supposed to be a checking force against the three heroes (the odd numbers), in case they ever need to be stopped. it's kinda like the government and opposition, not the elite six

quna is just anime-inspired bad writing and her place in the story makes zero(heh) sense. just ignore her

actually almost all of pso2 is bad anime writing[/spoiler-box]

Renvalt
Apr 30, 2014, 06:41 PM
[spoiler-box]the whole reason they're called the balance of six is because the even numbers are supposed to be a checking force against the three heroes (the odd numbers), in case they ever need to be stopped. it's kinda like the government and opposition, not the elite six

quna is just anime-inspired bad writing and her place in the story makes zero(heh) sense. just ignore her

actually almost all of pso2 is bad anime writing[/spoiler-box]

Tell me, how much of the Matter Board have you actually played and paid attention to?

Quna going from Idol to Assassin can make sense, especially if, as I speculate, she's in Mai-stealth mode during all of her missions.|

Obviously, we're enough of a danger to the Arks simply because we're close to a member of the Death Squad (and said member is wielding a pair of Genesis Daggers, which obviously speaks to her power if she's keeping stealth mode on most of the time).

She can kill us if she wants to, we're just keeping her identity a secret.

Bet you probably didn't see the many event plates where she snuck up on us and had an AMPLE amount of opportunity to slit our throats (heck, she even warns you about this in a MB15 plate).

Also, one of those Council of Six don't belong there - she's a placeholder so that everyone else doesn't go panic-mode. And remember how long we went without knowing who Number Four was (we all thought it was Quna, but then she went and pulled her Number Zero on us, which reset the question).

As an off-hand, lemme just say this: What ARE your favorite anime anyways? I'm willing to bet that you have a really high standard for anime writing (and my theory is it'll show in your faves).

King_Rappy
May 1, 2014, 05:35 AM
Tell me, how much of the Matter Board have you actually played and paid attention to?

Quna going from Idol to Assassin can make sense, especially if, as I speculate, she's in Mai-stealth mode during all of her missions.|

Obviously, we're enough of a danger to the Arks simply because we're close to a member of the Death Squad (and said member is wielding a pair of Genesis Daggers, which obviously speaks to her power if she's keeping stealth mode on most of the time).

She can kill us if she wants to, we're just keeping her identity a secret.

Bet you probably didn't see the many event plates where she snuck up on us and had an AMPLE amount of opportunity to slit our throats (heck, she even warns you about this in a MB15 plate).

Also, one of those Council of Six don't belong there - she's a placeholder so that everyone else doesn't go panic-mode. And remember how long we went without knowing who Number Four was (we all thought it was Quna, but then she went and pulled her Number Zero on us, which reset the question).

As an off-hand, lemme just say this: What ARE your favorite anime anyways? I'm willing to bet that you have a really high standard for anime writing (and my theory is it'll show in your faves).
He's saying that since the odd numbers and even numbered members of the six exist to balance each-other out, having a seventh member goes against that.

Ephidiel
May 1, 2014, 06:09 AM
depends on when the Zero Number was established

if it was Luthers idea to make her that or someone else to counteract Luther

Rien
May 1, 2014, 06:57 AM
Quna is basically a contingency plan.