PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Gamepad Bindings?

Zettabyte
Apr 30, 2014, 04:05 PM
I've been playing with a gamepad since launch, and it's worked really well for me since I play melee classes. Recently, though, I've taken to trying out class setups like BrHu and FiFo, and I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the way the subpalette works. Having to constantly page back and forth with my gamepad's awful squishy D-pad is costing me DPS every time I need to heal or re-up my stances.

So, after playing some FF14 a while back, I thought why not try to make one of my buttons a "shift" key? Hold one button and press another, and it's bound to, say, 1-9 on my keyboard for easy subpalette access, or 1-6 on the numpad for fast weapon swaps (quaddash go!).

I don't have a fancy 360 controller or anything. I'm actually using an AirFlo EX I bought in middle school which has served me well all these years-- PSO2 recognizes it perfectly, but it obviously doesn't natively support a shift-key-like setup. I tried JoyToKey, but something about PSO2 seems to interfere with it (I can use my controller to type numbers in Notepad as much as I want, but the instant I tab back into game, it doesn't register-- I can only suspect GameGuard).

So, is there a way to set up shift-key-like bindings on an average USB controller that'll work with PSO2?

EDIT: Oh. That was stupid. Apparently I just had to run JTK as administrator. NEVER MIND THEN.