PDA

View Full Version : Two potentially important questions I need answers to ASAP!

Daemon Gildas
Apr 30, 2014, 08:46 PM
Sorry if these are more noobish questions, but here goes:

1. I've noticed that sometimes, enemies will glow red and have some kind of "growth" on them. Specifically, I saw the Boss in Forest 1 had it one time. What does that mean?

2. Today, I got two Rare items, almost back to back. The first was a Staff or Rod weapon, the other however simply said "SPECIAL WEAPON", and is seemingly unidentified. First off, why are some items are already identified? And secondly, when I'm identifying items, is there something in particular I need to be watching out for?

Macman
Apr 30, 2014, 08:50 PM
1. Infected/boosted enemy. Slightly stronger, gives more EXP and a better droprate.

2. Special Weapons basically mean you can choose what element you want on them, along with a special booster-type ability.

NexusAZ
Apr 30, 2014, 08:51 PM
First:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

boop. That thread is the best place for questions like these.

The enemies with the red growths are enemies infected by Darkers. They're tougher, but are better for experience/loot.

As far as rare drops being untekked, it's just random. You can boost the rates of them being untekked with the latents on certain weapons, which is an extra affix on the weapon. None of them are a huge bonus by themselves, but I usually go with Lucky Rise or Exp Boost. The element plays a factor in enemy weaknesses. Light/Fire/Lightning are all safe bets for melee/range. For techs, it's good to have a weapon of each element with the release of Element Conversion.

Daemon Gildas
Apr 30, 2014, 08:52 PM
Gotcha. I'm lvl 15 atm, any advice on which Element and Special ability to add? I'm leaning toward Lucky Rise, but EXP bonus seems like it could be handy, too...?

Silver Crow
Apr 30, 2014, 08:54 PM
You made this thread sound super important thanks to your title. I am really disappointed...

Daemon Gildas
Apr 30, 2014, 08:58 PM
You made this thread sound super important thanks to your title. I am really disappointed...

Well, it was the first time I had the "RARE WEAPON" thing splash across the screen, it *felt* kind of important to me :D

Macman
Apr 30, 2014, 09:08 PM
Gotcha. I'm lvl 15 atm, any advice on which Element and Special ability to add? I'm leaning toward Lucky Rise, but EXP bonus seems like it could be handy, too...?
This early in the game it's pretty much a wash. You don't get much exp from enemies so a 5% bonus to that won't mean much, and the loot in normal mode is easily outpaced by stuff in the player shops you can buy for 1050 meseta. I would probably just pick EXP boost for now regardless.

strikerhunter
Apr 30, 2014, 09:52 PM

Element and special ability won't matter much until you at least hit VH levels (level 40+0.

For now since you are leveling up, stay with EXP bonus (every bit helps) and get exp booster tickets whenever you can (via player shop, photon drop trade-ins, titles, bingo, or log-in stamps).

Sandmind
Apr 30, 2014, 11:04 PM
This early in the game it's pretty much a wash. You don't get much exp from enemies so a 5% bonus to that won't mean much, and the loot in normal mode is easily outpaced by stuff in the player shops you can buy for 1050 meseta. I would probably just pick EXP boost for now regardless.

Actually, one can start using crafted weapon around lv20, max their grind and fell godly until VH.