PDA

View Full Version : Uh didnt braver get nerfed? ^^;

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 1, 2014, 01:25 AM
They seem just as powerful as before...lol

I don't play braver so I don't know what the "nerf" was exactly.

Or is the nerf coming in a later patch?

Stormwalker
May 1, 2014, 01:43 AM
Sega has only said that balance adjustments MAY be made, including negative adjustments, once they have evaluated the effects of the most recent changes.

Stay tuned.

Hobu
May 1, 2014, 01:43 AM
Well other classes got a buff to catch up to the previously dominant Bravers and Gunners.

Rakurai
May 1, 2014, 01:46 AM
They said any nerfs would come after the April 23 update, and they've already noted that Shunka Shunran and S-Roll JA Bonus are too strong.

Xaelouse
May 1, 2014, 02:37 AM
guess they're waiting to see how things fare against falz loser.
if he somehow melts before even reaching the time stop phases..yeah, might be some nerfs inbound

Rakurai
May 1, 2014, 02:58 AM
I don't think they're going to wait on nerfing BR and GU when the bulk of playerbase is still gravitating towards those two classes.

I think they've done a good job of fixing FO and RA for the most part. Now HU and TE need their turn.

Hobu
May 1, 2014, 03:10 AM
Sword Hu got buffed with OE and Fury Gear. I should say they're pretty strong. WL Hu is still bland as fuck (Holding Current is awesome), and Part Hu is too Volg Raptor reliant to get any useful damage.

Sizustar
May 1, 2014, 03:11 AM
I don't think they're going to wait on nerfing BR and GU when the bulk of playerbase is still gravitating towards those two classes.

I think they've done a good job of fixing FO and RA for the most part. Now HU and TE need their turn.

They nerfed Fo's Zonde when the majority of player was using that, so having a large number of player using only one skill is not what they want.

Stormwalker
May 1, 2014, 08:31 AM
Sword Hu got buffed with OE and Fury Gear. I should say they're pretty strong. WL Hu is still bland as fuck (Holding Current is awesome), and Part Hu is too Volg Raptor reliant to get any useful damage.

HU is still underpowered.

Running around on my HU I can kill much faster by breaking out my Niren Kamui and using Bloody Sarabande and Symphonic Drive than I can with any of my HU weapons. And I can kill heavies much faster with my Xerc than I can with my Ely Sion.

infiniteeverlasting
May 1, 2014, 09:00 AM
Praying to sega for no nerf.
However I do agree that hunter needs it's turn. They have nothing besides OE that hits consistent fast 10,000+ damage. At least fighter has symph drive 16, which in my opinion, is actually several leagues better than shunka. I kill quartz faster as a fighter than a braver at 70/70 while my fighter is only in its level 50s. Fighter just needs better mobbing, but of course sega wants to keep the idea of super close ranged combat for fighter.

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2014, 09:16 AM
Sega's Idea of nerfing in this game has always been; To very slightly weaken whats op and gradually catch up everything else. Chances are when bravers and gunners get nerfed they will still be pretty op for a while.

Xaelouse
May 1, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hunter is actually fairly balanced. It's just the godawful skill tree that's pulling it down at this point.
A just counter JA bonus skill would be wonderful though

UnLucky
May 1, 2014, 09:56 AM
Sega can only massively overdo balance changes in every direction at once such that whatever they touched is now either way better than everything else in every way, or way worse.

That, or they're so deathly afraid of disrupting the existing state of the game that any changes are so inconsequential that you would hardly notice anything changed at all.

See: Fury Stance buff/nerf, Zonde buff/nerf, Photon Flare Advance, SRoll JA, katana.

Razonde, Gizan, and Nazan got a buff at lv11. Did anyone care? I sure didn't. Gunslash melee PAs, anyone? And how many other weapons got a boost at lv11 and lv16 yet still don't see any use? And others that are worthless until a certain point, where they instantly become the only thing on anyone's palette?

Seriously, Fury was terrible and needed a buff for months. So they made it one of the best skills in the entire game for a majority of classes. And then added a new skill just as powerful right below it.

When they realized that was way too much, they reduced it slightly, but only for Ranged damage. Yet it's still very clearly the best for Ranged and Striking damage alike.

They gave Zonde higher base damage, larger AoE, and a unique property that gave it more damage when you were above the target.

Then when they realized that was way too much, they reduced its base damage, reduced its AoE, and removed that unique property.

Katana lacked a good single target PA, while the bow had a terrible dash, suffered PP management issues, and lacked a good AoE PA. So they improved the katana's dash, increased katana's PP regen, gave it an incredibly effective single target PA, and allowed only katanas to become invincible during their highest damage output.

The bow got a temporary static stat gain.

gigawuts
May 1, 2014, 09:59 AM
Hunter is actually fairly balanced. It's just the godawful skill tree that's pulling it down at this point.
A just counter JA bonus skill would be wonderful though

I'd be interested in seeing Hunter with all the various bugs and glitches of its PAs fixed, and a few skilltree tweaks (Sword Gear costing 2 sp to reach instead of 4, JA Bonus 1 requiring 3 SP in HP Up 1 instead of 5, and Just Guard & Just Counter being removed from the tree).

These small changes wouldn't fix much, but baby steps man. Like Unlucky just said while I was writing this post, Sega doesn't understand the concept of moderation, which is why they can't balance worth shit. It's either 1 tiny change, or 4 amazing changes which each would have fixed the class by themselves.

omgwtflolbbl
May 1, 2014, 11:46 AM
I just bought Shunka for my new character on S10, and I'm trying to figure out why someone thought this was balanced or made sense at all.

Like you have Knuckles over here, which are literally the super close range melee weapon, with BHS that has pretty much zero range, which balances the fact that it does some really good burst damage and makes it feel rewarding when you can keep in range to constantly spam it. It has pretty much no gap closing capabilities except for maybe Straight Charge, which takes time to charge up and a pretty hefty amount of PP, and which does low damage unless you hit with all three of the hits (which requires you to be in melee range to start anyways).

Then you have Shunka, which does fucktons of damage, on top of being a quadruple homing dash, 2 of which move you an absurd distance, and the slashes themselves actually have pretty good range. And while it's kind of slow, it still costs the same PP as a single Straight Charge. And all you do to use it is hold a directional key. And it's not like Katana's other skills are lacking in range, either.

Like what the fuck?

UnLucky
May 1, 2014, 12:00 PM
I'd be interested in seeing Hunter with all the various bugs and glitches of its PAs fixed, and a few skilltree tweaks (Sword Gear costing 2 sp to reach instead of 4, JA Bonus 1 requiring 3 SP in HP Up 1 instead of 5, and Just Guard & Just Counter being removed from the tree).
A good joke is Sword Gear used to cost even more SP to get.

Punisher106
May 1, 2014, 12:02 PM
You know, I REALLY hate the term "Nerf". It just makes you look like "xx420noscopehardcorepvpxxx" faggots. My idea of balancing classes is BUFFING underpowered classes. Most of the things I do are a bit underpowered, making it immensely difficult to solo. I can solo friggin' TA's as a Braver, but as a Fighter or a Force? Yeahno.

infiniteeverlasting
May 1, 2014, 12:11 PM
You know, I REALLY hate the term "Nerf". It just makes you look like "xx420noscopehardcorepvpxxx" faggots. My idea of balancing classes is BUFFING underpowered classes. Most of the things I do are a bit underpowered, making it immensely difficult to solo. I can solo friggin' TA's as a Braver, but as a Fighter or a Force? Yeahno.

Fighter? Soloing with fighter is np, The only limitation for fighter is lack if great aoe, but no big problems in general.

Kondibon
May 1, 2014, 12:13 PM
You know, I REALLY hate the term "Nerf". It just makes you look like "xx420noscopehardcorepvpxxx" faggots. My idea of balancing classes is BUFFING underpowered classes. Most of the things I do are a bit underpowered, making it immensely difficult to solo. I can solo friggin' TA's as a Braver, but as a Fighter or a Force? Yeahno.If you keep buffing things without any nerfs then that just leads to power creep. That's not to say some stuff DOES need to get buffed, but things like Shunka shouldn't be the baseline.

gigawuts
May 1, 2014, 12:22 PM
"If I'm not OP how can I solo everything?"

- every crutch-desperate player in every game ever

Friyn
May 1, 2014, 12:24 PM
Well other classes got a buff to catch up to the previously dominant Bravers and Gunners.

Which is the worst possible solution for the issue. Also, Bravers and Gunners are still dominant.

Aine
May 1, 2014, 12:26 PM
sega chickened out and buffed ranger and force through the roof instead

Punisher106
May 1, 2014, 12:44 PM
Well, between a terribad computer, and abyssmal luck, I rely on a Stray Blower and Deadly Archer to get through the day as a Fighter. I could see if I could get better gear, but who do I look like? Arksenth?

omgwtflolbbl
May 1, 2014, 12:52 PM

You have a couple of elements in your game that are vastly outstripping everything else, and are really powerful (or overpowered) relative to the enemies you are fighting.

Pick an option:

A) Buff everything else in the game to match those couple of elements and then scale every enemy to fit.
B) Nerf those couple of elements to be in line with the rest of your game again.

Obviously that's oversimplified and there's no reason to pick a mixture of both, and having your favorite moves or classes get nerfed doesn't feel good. But the "BUFF EVERYTHANG" approach is far worse. It's a headache, constantly throws your game out of whack, and you're only making things even more annoying to balance in the future. There's a very good reason why very few companies actually take this approach, even in pure PvE games like this.

Hobu
May 1, 2014, 12:53 PM
Which is the worst possible solution for the issue. Also, Bravers and Gunners are still dominant.

They sure do. Hunters and Force got the buff they deserved though.

UnLucky
May 1, 2014, 01:07 PM
Buff everything to match Fury SRoll Shunka Advance Bonus

Including enemies

No nerfs required

Radical Dreamer
May 1, 2014, 03:11 PM
Gunslash melee PAs, anyone?

I've been waiting forever for Sega to finally realize Gunslash melee just flat out sucks compared to everything else in the game. I've been playing this game for a little over a year, and not ONCE have I seen anyone use the melee. EVER.

gigawuts
May 1, 2014, 03:13 PM
I've been waiting forever for Sega to finally realize Gunslash melee just flat out sucks compared to everything else in the game. I've been playing this game for a little over a year, and not ONCE have I seen anyone use the melee. EVER.

Don't worry! They'll fix it.

Tri Impact will hit like three Backhand Smashes in due time.

There! Gunslash fixed.

Radical Dreamer
May 1, 2014, 03:22 PM
Don't worry! They'll fix it.

Tri Impact will hit like three Backhand Smashes in due time.

There! Gunslash fixed.

NO. No more damage increases. No more tacking big bonuses onto last level discs. Enough is enough, Sega. Give me speed. Give me range. Give utility. Give me anything BUT DAMAGE.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*starts flipping random refrigerators*

Z-0
May 1, 2014, 03:28 PM
sega chickened out and buffed ranger and force through the roof instead
I know right?

Force is fucking ridiculous right now, you'd have to be blind not to see it.
Ranger too. > >

Silver Crow
May 1, 2014, 03:29 PM
Buff everything to match Fury SRoll Shunka Advance Bonus

Including enemies

No nerfs required

this.

/thread kthxbai

Stormwalker
May 1, 2014, 03:50 PM
These small changes wouldn't fix much, but baby steps man. Like Unlucky just said while I was writing this post, Sega doesn't understand the concept of moderation, which is why they can't balance worth shit. It's either 1 tiny change, or 4 amazing changes which each would have fixed the class by themselves.

To Sega's credit, they got one thing almost right in this regard.

Fury Gear Boost pretty much fixes most of what was wrong with Sword. The dps is still low compared to dagger or double saber, but it's decent and vastly more playable. Helps with Partisan, too. There are only two real problems I see. First, it shouldn't require Fury Stance (HU 's utter dependence on Fury gets even worse), and it really shouldn't be a skill at all... This is just how the gear should be.

Macman
May 1, 2014, 04:36 PM
Fighter? Soloing with fighter is np, The only limitation for fighter is lack if great aoe, but no big problems in general.
Well to be fair, Chaos Riser helps fighters mobbing potential a lot.
I just draw the enemies in and either walk a few steps and archer the cluster or stay close and start Acro Effecting the group.

It kind of messes with my brave/wise positioning, though...

Skyly HUmar
May 1, 2014, 09:12 PM
To Sega's credit, they got one thing almost right in this regard.

Fury Gear Boost pretty much fixes most of what was wrong with Sword. The dps is still low compared to dagger or double saber, but it's decent and vastly more playable. Helps with Partisan, too. There are only two real problems I see. First, it shouldn't require Fury Stance (HU 's utter dependence on Fury gets even worse), and it really shouldn't be a skill at all... This is just how the gear should be.

I was hoping our fury gear was like persona's, once in fury stance gear gets and stays maxed.

Rien
May 1, 2014, 10:09 PM
I just bought Shunka for my new character on S10, and I'm trying to figure out why someone thought this was balanced or made sense at all.

Like you have Knuckles over here, which are literally the super close range melee weapon, with BHS that has pretty much zero range, which balances the fact that it does some really good burst damage and makes it feel rewarding when you can keep in range to constantly spam it. It has pretty much no gap closing capabilities except for maybe Straight Charge, which takes time to charge up and a pretty hefty amount of PP, and which does low damage unless you hit with all three of the hits (which requires you to be in melee range to start anyways).

Then you have Shunka, which does fucktons of damage, on top of being a quadruple homing dash, 2 of which move you an absurd distance, and the slashes themselves actually have pretty good range. And while it's kind of slow, it still costs the same PP as a single Straight Charge. And all you do to use it is hold a directional key. And it's not like Katana's other skills are lacking in range, either.

Like what the fuck?

Then you have Meteor Fist.

I don't even want to talk about Meteor Fist. You should know damn well what's up with it.

Rakurai
May 1, 2014, 10:20 PM
I hope they nerf Shunka to the point where it'll mostly be used as a gap closer.

Something like Hadou Rintou would be more appropriate as the top damage PA, seeing as it actually takes some precision to get the maximum number of hits out of it.

BlueCast Boy
May 1, 2014, 10:26 PM
They should try to put JA on all 4 combos on shunka instead of one JA for full combo that way would'nt be so too easy keep on spamming them much but just in case reduce the range of there gap close or give slash combo some delays.

On the Bullet bow side i was hoping the new pa would be equivalent to JA Stylish Roll Infinite Fire lel.

infiniteeverlasting
May 1, 2014, 10:30 PM
I hope they nerf Shunka to the point where it'll mostly be used as a gap closer.

Something like Hadou Rintou would be more appropriate as the top damage PA, seeing as it actually takes some precision to get the maximum number of hits out of it.

We got a braver hater here^

XD jk, but yea. I think they shud probably nerf to some extent but not that much. I would like to see Sakura endo JA faster, I'm pretty sure people would be more inclined to use Sakura endo instead if that were the case.

Daiyousei
May 2, 2014, 10:48 AM

and Kazan Nadeshiko, considering the risk you're putting yourself in to do your fancy sword trail spin to wipe a line of enemies and costs 40 PP. Though it cancels easily, there goes 40 PP you could've used for another PA.

Edit: It also lacks the side swipes over end has, so you're a sitting duck while spinning your sword.

infiniteeverlasting
May 2, 2014, 01:29 PM
and Kazan Nadeshiko, considering the risk you're putting yourself in to do your fancy sword trail spin to wipe a line of enemies and costs 40 PP. Though it cancels easily, there goes 40 PP you could've used for another PA.

Edit: It also lacks the side swipes over end has, so you're a sitting duck while spinning your sword.

Not unless you're above the mob. I use it on nab 2 in the area right before the banthers with the yedes and malmoths. The all instadie when I jump right above their heads and do my little showy attack, and they can't hit me.

Daiyousei
May 2, 2014, 05:49 PM
Not unless you're above the mob. I use it on nab 2 in the area right before the banthers with the yedes and malmoths. The all instadie when I jump right above their heads and do my little showy attack, and they can't hit me.

for other ground enemies though, I have a tendency to not hit them if I'm anywhere higher than a small hop. But yea, I do a small hop sometimes just to be out of reach for some things. And I'm loving the PA, it clears out everything in front of me.