PDA

View Full Version : Any tips as a new Hunter?

manthisis
May 1, 2014, 10:33 PM
Just started playing this game a few days ago. Back years ago I played PSO Ep. 1 and 2, and that was a great game.

My Hunter is currently level 14, and my Ranger is 17. My Ranger is able to clear bosses quickly and easily by just running around and attacking. However, my Hunter has a much harder time due to always being hit and not doing as much damage as my Ranger.

Any tips for clearing bosses solo quicker and without consuming all my mono/dimates and any tips in general? I've tried to look up Hunter guides but they're all outdated and don't provide answers to my questions.

infiniteeverlasting
May 1, 2014, 10:35 PM
Fury stance fury stance fury stance.

Sizustar
May 1, 2014, 10:36 PM

And OverEnd OverEnd Overend~

manthisis
May 1, 2014, 10:39 PM

so um, put my points in the fury section first?

here's my current skill tree at level 14:

http://i.gyazo.com/a56586f1328f322151a534f4ea2ddb84.png

manthisis
May 1, 2014, 10:40 PM
And OverEnd OverEnd Overend~

Is that PA available at lower levels, or only at higher?

Sizustar
May 1, 2014, 10:41 PM

But it from playershop

manthisis
May 1, 2014, 10:43 PM
But it from playershop

I've been looking for OverEnd for a while on the playershop, but can't find any like level 1-5 disks for Over End.

Is there any way to search only for a specific disk or order the disks by level?

infiniteeverlasting
May 1, 2014, 10:44 PM
Just an FYI, hunter skill tree is basically ALL about fury stance. Pretty much everything else is useless. And hunter is currently one of the worst main classes due to it's lack of speed, but it's the best subclass for pretty much every other class because classes that have fast dps use fury stance to basically double their damage.

Rien
May 1, 2014, 10:48 PM
so um, put my points in the fury section first?

here's my current skill tree at level 14:

http://i.gyazo.com/a56586f1328f322151a534f4ea2ddb84.png

Level 1 sword gear then NEVER TOUCH THE GUARD STANCE TREE AGAIN.

Sizustar
May 1, 2014, 11:06 PM
I've been looking for OverEnd for a while on the playershop, but can't find any like level 1-5 disks for Over End.

Is there any way to search only for a specific disk or order the disks by level?

Just put the name of the disk in the playershop.

oratank
May 1, 2014, 11:07 PM
Any tips as a new Hunter?
Any tips for clearing bosses solo quicker and without consuming all my mono/dimates and any tips in general?

2 tips here
1. pray for rng and dudu
2. quit hunter play braver( best choice for new player this class will unlock all sub class )

Rehal
May 2, 2014, 12:06 AM

Over End only drop from rare boss, which is only available from VH and above difficulty. So no, low lv disc of that PA doesn't exist.

Hobu
May 2, 2014, 12:08 AM
Don't be a sourface and ruin the experience for the guy. Being a Hunter is equally rewarding as any other class. Too bad their build is centered in Fury Stance and can't do damage without it.

But hey, with lv3 Sword Gear, your PA's charge faster and do nearly thrice as much damage!

Xaelouse
May 2, 2014, 12:10 AM
guilty break, sonic arrow, overend, wild round, and kaiser rise are all really good PAs at low level.
sword will pretty much be your go-to boss weapon on all playing fields. It doesn't have mass area coverage like the other two weapons, but it's the most consistent damage against bosses except maybe one or two.
Partizan is way too weak until very/super hard

Lostbob117
May 2, 2014, 03:16 PM
Here is a pretty basic tree:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0jebk bqoGXcBdqInfcAfGAIbi2000007b000000lb000000lb000009 b0000000Ib0000000Ib000000j

As you learn more about the game, you can try more stuff with the tree. I think this is the safest route though.

Vetur
May 2, 2014, 03:27 PM
Hunter's not that bad once you get used to it...
For me, I would just spam your strongest single-target PA against the boss, even if you don't have over end, there are alternatives for low levels.

Personally, I really don't like using the sword, and I only had Sonic Arrow, but was doing ok with it for lower level bosses since it attacks from a distance.
With Partisan, I had the Assault Buster, which kind of works well for bosses since you can charge it from a distance and release it, then dodge backwards to avoid getting damaged.
For Wired lances, I used Heavenly Fall.
With the gunslash, I used Regenschlag.

Keep in mind, this is all I used until I got Fighter. Once I unlocked Fighter, I switched to the fighter weapons and never went back to those weapons(except wired lance and gunslash), so I don't consider myself experienced with hunter really.

You can use NPC Force or Techer partners who know strong skills like Il Foie and Il Megid. I also recommend Force or Techer partners because they can sometimes heal you or cure your status ailments, which saves so much mono/dimates.

Overall, I just suggest looking at the hunter section of this post, since it explains different useful builds and the recommended skill trees for each one(best not to mess up the skill tree since it costs real money to reset/add new skll tree):
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010