PDA

View Full Version : Sazan, easy way of finding?

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 2, 2014, 02:55 AM
I been hunting a lvl 16 for like the last 5 hours in Rare Ore Mining SH.

I broke like 20 red boxes and killed a bunch of red wulfs. I was told this is the best way to get one. This person said "It has a very high chance of dropping there".

Fucking bullshit lol Still hasn't dropped for me yet. Sometimes I even get the tornado and it takes me to the 3 red boxes and they just drop junk or low lvl sazans and shiftas.

But not a lvl 16.

Sizustar
May 2, 2014, 02:58 AM
are you playing as a techer?

Rakurai
May 2, 2014, 03:04 AM
Make sure you break all of the green boxes and machine factories you come across, as well.

The chance of getting the disc from those isn't as high as from other sources, but it's still there.

landman
May 2, 2014, 03:07 AM
are you playing as a techer?
Tell me it can be subclass, because I've been Hunting Sazan 16 for months and nothing as FO/TE...

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 2, 2014, 03:10 AM
I been hunting it as a fo/te....

Are you serious it has to be as a techer?

Natsu Nem
May 2, 2014, 03:15 AM
Don't need to be TE, I hunted it on my BR for dome breaking and I got it.

Shinamori
May 2, 2014, 03:41 AM
Desert Mining Ore is probably your best bet. I got it within a 1hr so while hunting with a friend.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 2, 2014, 03:53 AM
I been there for hour 5 hours now breaking domes/red boxes/red wulfs/rare mining and nothing yet.

Im starting to feel like this tech is just not for me. some people have such great luck but mines is shit so i'll probably just give up.

Chdata
May 2, 2014, 04:00 AM
I found mines a few hours in to the day SH / 16 discs were released.

olo

Alma
May 2, 2014, 04:34 AM
I been there for hour 5 hours now breaking domes/red boxes/red wulfs/rare mining and nothing yet.

Im starting to feel like this tech is just not for me. some people have such great luck but mines is shit so i'll probably just give up.

5 hours and already complaining?

it took me 1 and half month finding that disc.
each day worth more than 5 hour (almost my entire game session was for finding that @#$% disc)

while my friend who accompanied me, got it the 2 hour of our 1st attempt to hunt it

and that's before the red dropbox b uff / disc drop buff too.

in the end, when i got mine, he already gotten 6 lv16 disc.

RNG $%^&

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 2, 2014, 04:38 AM
Lol that's the funny thing the red box got buffed yet it still drops nothing but junk.

But wow...This doesn't give me any hope lol

Sega needs to let us buy lvl 10+ techs/pas already =/

Macman
May 2, 2014, 04:44 AM
They'll just allow level 11-15 and nothing will be solved.

And they only buffed the rate of rares dropping from boxes. Before that the steam powered weapons were some of the rarest things in Super Hard mode.

NexusAZ
May 2, 2014, 04:51 AM
Well, since they've scaled the Rilfe/Launcher PAs, they'll hopefully do the same with more of them.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 2, 2014, 04:55 AM
They'll just allow level 11-15 and nothing will be solved.

And they only buffed the rate of rares dropping from boxes. Before that the steam powered weapons were some of the rarest things in Super Hard mode.

Nah they'll just add a lvl 16 PA pass that requires other lvl 16 pa's to get and premium. :3

Ill be down for that =P

Vetur
May 2, 2014, 08:13 AM
It can't be bought? Is that why I only ever see lv 10 or lower in the player shops? :o
I think if it's too stressful for you, then you should try taking breaks once in awhile... since it's a game, it shouldn't be overly stressful. >.<
Does being a certain class also raise the chances of your class-specific PA/Tech dropping? If so I would think Techer should get it more easily since they have the wind skill tree...
Would be nice if they did make them buyable, though.

milranduil
May 2, 2014, 08:19 AM
Because it's a red box only drop, any class gets an equal chance at the disc.

Pugas87
May 2, 2014, 09:18 AM
Took me about a week doing Rare Ore Mining everyday with a fo/te. After I got it I farmed with a friend, who got it after two quests. RNG.

dr apocalipsis
May 2, 2014, 09:59 AM
Months behind it. 3-4 guys got it during my 'sessions'. Most infamous was a low level team member that got it at 1st try.

Got it at random coast quest.

ShinKai
May 2, 2014, 10:02 AM
Only 5 hours? I hunted that sucker for two weeks. have fun with that.

Two things that might help you, if you can break the green domes, those should have a chance to drop Sazan, also, not all of the drills at the end have a chance for dropping Sazan. Only the one that glows longer than the others is the one you want. After you mine that one, the others are next to useless to you.

That said, this quest is probably the best chance you'll have at finding Sazan 16. Though even with your best chances, it's probably going to be a boring grind until you find it. I usually turned on Youtube and watched that on the side.

Good Luck.

Gama
May 2, 2014, 10:15 AM
found mine on quarry survey quest. wasnt looking for it. funny how i found my ely shortly after.

rng gods gave me some atention that day.

strikerhunter
May 2, 2014, 10:57 AM
Got mines from random red box and stored it in vault for my upcoming Te who can't use it yet only to deconstruct it because I wasn't looking at names a PA fragments at time were worth crap ton =_=
Same the happened to sazonde, twice

Reyva
May 2, 2014, 12:55 PM
Eh never cared about it, but I got mine a month or so ago randomly with that drilling emergency mission when doing desert COs. I was like drill baby drill and a sazan lvl 16 popped out. I kinda loled since pos-world ppl always complaining that they've been searching for the thing forever and it popped like that for me.

I guess its cause I didn't care about having it. Had a Elysion setup with it (Sazan or llbarta), but eventually got rid of it since melee/ranged > force for me. In other words, wasn't happy with it or Elybarta's damage.

Moral of story, just don't care. It'll pop. Otherwise, it won't for a while lol. Reminds me of psycho wands in PSU. When I cared, it never dropped. When I didn't, it dropped and I sold for 99 mil meseta.

Macman
May 2, 2014, 03:44 PM
I'm always going for desert red crates and drills since SH came out, and I still only have level 14. :wacko:

May 2, 2014, 05:55 PM
I found mine by just skipping everything and doing the drills (too lazy to look for boxes). I was wondering though, has anyone tried to hunt this by finding a red box in a multi-party area and making it respawn? I noticed if you break the box and then kill yourself there will be another red box (never tried piping, not sure if it works). I haven't tested this that many times so it might not work like I think it does, but it might be worth trying.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
Just thought I revive this thread by saying that I found 3 LVL 16 Sazan's already thanks to the new rare boss xD

Not only that, but a lvl 16 shifta/deband and a lvl 15 sazonde.

This was nice of sega to have a rare boss drop such annoying hunts.

Rupikachu
May 14, 2014, 10:56 AM
I have it at 16, and i'm a braver so... i doubt you need a te. I think i got it from:

A) Desert SHAQ.
B) Rare doritos

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 14, 2014, 10:57 AM
I have it at 16, and i'm a braver so... i doubt you need a te. I think i got it from:

A) Desert SHAQ.
B) Rare doritos

Look above =P

Ephidiel
May 14, 2014, 03:23 PM
I'm a lv 70br and dropped at least 3 lv 16 sazan running areas and cant even use it ._.