PDA

View Full Version : Error NP1002?

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 06:04 PM
For some reason, I'll launch the game and start playing, and like 5 minutes in my game randomly crashes and error NP 1002 shows up. I checked that my Windows Update didn't have any vital updates in it.

How do I fix this?

Shinamori
May 2, 2014, 06:07 PM
It's just Game Guard being Game Guard. Game Guard don't like certain programs (like antivirus software), and will throw that NP1002 error. Sometimes it just does it to be a dick, then maybe BSOD you. Anyway, if you using tweaker, I'd suggest you click the "fix game guard issue" option. I'll let Aida take over from here. =E

Dark Matter
May 2, 2014, 06:08 PM
This is a link to the error list http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836&highlight=error

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 06:15 PM
I have Kaspersky if that counts. My Windows Update has nothing in it, and for some reason, when I try to fix the game guard issue in the tweaker and it gives me this:

ERROR - Access to the path 'GameMon64.des' is denied.

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 06:53 PM
Just tried whitelisting PSO2 in Kaspersky, no luck, still the NP1002 error after playing for like 5 minutes

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 07:20 PM
Any ideas? Still unable to play ATM on a Friday :/

Shinamori
May 2, 2014, 07:36 PM
You can try this: Restart your PC, then try the fix GG issue with tweaker. Sometimes, windows still uses the files.

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 08:15 PM
You can try this: Restart your PC, then try the fix GG issue with tweaker. Sometimes, windows still uses the files.

tried that, still got the error.

blueyou
May 2, 2014, 08:50 PM
legit copy of windows?
if not, thats the problem.

theres an update that conflicts with gameguard and that np1002 error across all games that supports GG.

manthisis
May 2, 2014, 08:59 PM
legit copy of windows?

theres an update that conflicts with gameguard and that np1002 error across all games that supports GG.

this is indeed a legit windows computer.

Shinamori
May 3, 2014, 02:07 AM
legit copy of windows?

I don't think that really matters. NP1002 means that something tried to close Game Guard. There reads "Nprotect gameguard closed inappropriate." GameGuard is picky. From what I hear, it doesn't like certain programs. They usually recommend shutdown things like IMs, Xfire, fraps (in some cases), antivirus software, etc.

Komeiji Sig
May 3, 2014, 04:09 AM
I had the same issue recently and I believe it to be Kaspersky. The moment I turned off Kaspersky, I stopped getting the NP1002 error. Whitelisting GG didn't help at all. If you're particular about not having an antivirus running and you're using Windows 8, it does have Windows Defender and it doesn't interfere with GG.

Rayden
May 3, 2014, 07:55 AM
I have Kasperskly but it doesn't cause any problems with PSO2 for me.

Mracless
May 3, 2014, 04:24 PM
Kaspersky is definitely part of the problem. I have the same issue as well.
As Komeiji Sig said turning Kaspersky off fixes the issue. Adding PSO2 and gameguard to exclusions and trusted does nothing.

You can try pausing Kaspersky's protection and then resuming it after you've logged in to the game.

Hardly ideal, but that seemed to work.