PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about my level 20 ranger

manthisis
May 3, 2014, 06:19 PM
So, from the title, I'm level 20 as a Ranger. Currently working on getting a subclass. I just have a few questions:

Around what R-ATK should my weapon be at this level?

How much PP should I have?

How does subclassing work? I'm going to subclass as a Hunter, so, in order to level up my Hunter subclass and learn the skills in it, do I have to play as a hunter?

How should I be leveling ATM?

What PA's should I use, esp. for bossing?

Finally, how can I get more Meseta? I only have around 35k ATM.

Sacrificial
May 3, 2014, 06:53 PM
So, from the title, I'm level 20 as a Ranger. Currently working on getting a subclass. I just have a few questions:

Around what R-ATK should my weapon be at this level?

How much PP should I have?

How does subclassing work? I'm going to subclass as a Hunter, so, in order to level up my Hunter subclass and learn the skills in it, do I have to play as a hunter?

How should I be leveling ATM?

What PA's should I use, esp. for bossing?

Finally, how can I get more Meseta? I only have around 35k ATM.

You do not really have to main hunter for it to level. Your subclass(hunter) gains around 10% of the xp you get while playing on your mainclass (ranger) It is however faster ofcourse to actually play it yourself. Unlocking all planets should net you around lv 40 ranger provide you only play on that.

With the recent rework on rangers the actual PA usage does not really matter anymore. They have been scaled and you should just need to find out what suits you best. Most commonly used rifle pa's are diffuse shell, satellite cannon, homing emission and impact slider,but like i said the other pa's are just as good now.(I prefer piercing shot and one point is really helpful for N, H and early VH)

PP, Like I said PA's have been reworked. I prefer around 120pp now. Previously I liked around 150.

You'll get your meseta when you get to VH. Time Attack's is a nice start. 500k for an hour, another 100k when you can do SH. Do some research on ta's first though like route/trick/tips. Sadly, newbie's that don't say they are aren't new to ta's much appreciated. Because time is money. Literally in this case.

I hope that was enough for now if not send a pm.

UnLucky
May 3, 2014, 07:29 PM
At early levels, just equip the strongest thing you can. What helps the most for this is raising a pure R-Atk mag so you can equip stronger weapons earlier.

You'll go through gear too fast to really make affixing extra PP very worthwhile, but try to put Fang Soul on as much as possible, or find something with Shoot+Spirita on it already. You should be able to (soon) equip the full wing unit set (Luxe Aile/Soir) which give quite a bit of PP and should last you a while until you start needing more defense.

To level your subclass you can switch to it and turn in a bunch of Client Orders, though your sub can still gain 10% EXP without switching. A lot of COs will give reduced EXP if you're too low level, so watch out for that.

Vetur
May 3, 2014, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't really worry about the weapon's damage too much at your level, as long as you are moving on to new weapons that you find/buy once in awhile, and it is close to your R-atk requirement, it probably is as good as you can get without grinding or buying/finding rares.

If you want the best weapon you can afford/equip, I suggest using this website and looking through which has the highest damage for the requirements you have, then if it's affordable, use that:
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_08.php#nav

Sometimes you can find rare weapons for 1050, which is the cheapest possible price anyone is allowed to sell things for.

Also be sure you are feeding your mag to give it the most R-atk you can, and try to lower dex if you can too(most furniture can lower it and raise R-atk a bit). A little bit of dex is okay, but you shouldn't get more than you will need for the strongest weapons(also have to factor how much dex you will have naturally from levels). Doing this will help you equip stronger things earlier.

For TAs, it is indeed best to make sure the party knows you are new. Most high levels don't really care either way and will just go on ahead to finish the mission, but some might be bothered especially if it's a level that's easiest with multiple people or requires you to stay on a switch or sync with others.

If you are doing Lillippa, beware that there are some step-switches you should NOT step on unless you know what you are doing, because one of them only last 10 seconds before permanently disabling itself and dooming your party to take the long route(happened twice with two different new friends). It also can put you close to the deadline and if you go over 30 minutes, will fail...

There are plenty of people willing to teach you, though. Also, it may take a few times before you finally understand some places like Naberius 1 and Lilippa, because they have so many things you have to remember, it takes awhile to memorize it all. Well, practice always is good. xD