PDA

View Full Version : They should make a PSO2 fighting game.

Takatsuki
May 3, 2014, 08:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QUUQeG0.png

Hey, it worked for Persona 4, right? >_>

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2014, 08:40 PM
Only if it had import functions for player-made characters. Playing as PSO2 NPCs would be crap. They're so uninspired and flat.

Would also be better if they just made a Phantasy Star fighting game in general. Alis, Chaz, Rico, Ethan, Vivienne, Lassic, Zio, Howzer, etc.

Reiketsu
May 3, 2014, 08:47 PM
A normal PSO2 fighting game would be lame.

Make it something like Primal Rage. You can play as all the boss monsters.
Give it some fatalities and destructable arenas, so you can stomp around as Vol Dragon, destroy buildings and bite off Rockbear's head.

That'd be nifty.

Boltzmann
May 3, 2014, 08:51 PM
Where's Marlu? And Afuin? Oh, and Matoi, I want to punch Matoi. If she doesn't cutscenelock me to death first that is.

Zysets
May 3, 2014, 08:53 PM
Godzilla Unleashed for the Wii, but as the huge boss characters.

Takatsuki
May 3, 2014, 08:54 PM
Where's Marlu? And Afuin? Oh, and Matoi, I want to punch Matoi. If she doesn't cutscenelock me to death first that is.

I chose characters based on popularity, and also made it so that each weapon type was represented. Marlu is less popular than Echo and Afin is less popular than Lisa.

Freshellent
May 3, 2014, 09:17 PM
I'd rather have the characters from the first game- they fit better overall.

Needs a playable Booma/variants as well.

I feel having player made characters would take away from the game and dare I say balance. Tag battles with Kireek and Sue vs Rupika and Elenor would be a ton of fun.

Give them their 'iconic' set weapons and techs- make the maps based on each of the zones and make the bosses hazards on each zone? I'd play it.

Evangelion X.XX
May 3, 2014, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't mind playing as Falz Elder on his turf.....

Maenara
May 3, 2014, 09:25 PM

Matoi is Claris Claes. She'd tech you to death.

Vetur
May 3, 2014, 09:38 PM
I'd rather a fighting game where you can play as any boss monster vs. other boss monsters.
Also, I love Afin, he deserves to be up there, especially since he's essentially your character's partner. :( And I like Echo and Marlu about the same, but slightly more to Marlu.

SakoHaruo
May 3, 2014, 09:56 PM
this shit would die in the FGC faster than Playstation Allstar Battle Royale

infiniteeverlasting
May 3, 2014, 10:29 PM
i would love to play as falz hunar and friggin 30 meter over end 360 degrees >:D

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2014, 10:41 PM
i would love to play as falz hunar and friggin 30 meter over end 360 degrees >:D

I'll pick Falz Angel and 1400-damage-laser-beam you

Maenara
May 3, 2014, 10:48 PM

Alternatively, use Falz Angel to spawn bird darkers that explode and deal literally over 9000 damage.

Rien
May 3, 2014, 10:52 PM
Unlock: Rokubou Kinkou Genesis Weapon mode.

Retehi
May 3, 2014, 11:02 PM
Just sent saltybet some sprites and gg

yoshiblue
May 3, 2014, 11:27 PM
Could be a fighting game with a chance for it to be a Monster Hunter with friendly fire.

strikerhunter
May 3, 2014, 11:30 PM
Could be a fighting game with a chance for it to be a Monster Hunter with friendly fire.

I'd preferred it to be just a Monster Hunter game but then that would just make the game look like a clone of MH but in space.....wait.......*leaves room*

PSO2 fighter game is not a bad idea, just that playing as an NPC from PSO2 isn't really inspiring since the story only just got interesting and not a lot of NPCs are fleshed out.

infiniteeverlasting
May 3, 2014, 11:31 PM

then i would just use azanimi and KC invicafinish you :lol:

landman
May 4, 2014, 03:31 AM
Put me there Nei, Tyron/Odin, Kireek, Ult, Lou(SEED), Magashi, Dudu and Claris, and we are talking about an awesome "Phantasy Star" Fighting game.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah, you gotta put Dudu in.

Just today I joined a random Falz party, and it was with a Dudu cosplayer who had his spoken phrases as auto-words...

As soon as I joined in, ”Hu hu hu, Nani you ka ne”...
*Kills the arm* "MATA KITA MAE!"

Not to mention the people who want to beat him up...

lostinseganet
May 4, 2014, 04:29 AM
Or a clever plot to inject the evil of PvP in Phantasy Star!....I would prefer a anarchy reigns style myself.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 04:44 AM
If they ever put PVP in PSO2, I hope it's completely optional or has some option to block it... Otherwise I would probably quit or play on empty blocks.