PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Affixing Tech abilities question.

megabuster66
May 3, 2014, 09:02 PM
Here are two weapons i own and wanting to know what would be the best abilities to add to the weapons. I already have two abilities that i feel have the most t-att bonus to them, then again i'm also scared to mess with the p wand for the simple chance that i might lose the Ability III. I'm reading up on affixing guides and about to blow my brains out trying to comprehend how to do this : <

http://i.imgur.com/APOSRRo.png

http://i.imgur.com/e0N8Ftr.png

Scale of Judgment
May 3, 2014, 09:10 PM
You will most likely lose the ability 3. Affixing it will cost money. The more slots, the more millions to go into it.
Usual boost is Soul+Tech3
Then you can add Spirit3, Stam3, (x boost where x can be tech, stam, or spirit from ac scratch),
- ability 3 is best made with having level 3 versions of 3 variety of melee/tech/range stats. I.E. having tech3, pow3, shoot3 will make a 60% abil3, same goes for body3, react3, mind3.
- As forcing slots into it, you get a penalty for doing it. None for 1st slot, up to 65% at 5 slot~.

General rule of thumb is to have soul already on weapon. This can be done with having weapon with soul receptor(From android)+soul and another soul weapon with the same slots.
So.
1.) Get weapon to desired slots
2.) Get weapon with soul+ xslots where x can be any ability as place holders for final affix
3.) Get fodder with soul and desired stats (i.e. one has spirit3, tech3, stam3)
4.) Use affix booster (30% can be purchased for 20 excubes at shop or buy 20% at shops)
5.)????
6.) Profit

megabuster66
May 3, 2014, 09:19 PM
Okay so to make things clear and if i read that correctly i need to.

1.) Use trash tech 1, power 1, shoot 1 etc. weapons until i get desired slots
2.) Make sure while i'm making the slots, i should have the soul on after i'm done
3.) Make sure somewhere between both fodders should each have the soul on each one and the three other abilities i want on either or both?

Scale of Judgment
May 3, 2014, 09:36 PM
Pretty much. It should look like this in 3 steps in demonstration with ragne 5 slot
Final Result Step 1: Target weapon/unit with Ragne soul/x/x/x/x or however many x slots you want
Final Result of Step 2: Get 2 fodders with
Fodder 1: Ragne soul/shoot3/spirit3/pow3/x
Fodder 2: Ragne soul/tech3/x/stam3/spirit3
explaining how % of this works with recent update
Souls x3 is only 80%
Ability 3 is now accessible because pow3/tech3/shoot3 are available but only at 60%
Stam3 is 80% because Ragne soul boosts hp stat affix by 20%
Spirit3 is only 80% unless soul is Elder Soul that boosts spirit stat by 20%(Since we use ragne, 2 spirit3 from each fodder will make it 80%)
Step 3: Apply 20% affix booster (from myshops or handing in 8x ac scratch items to recycle shop). This makes
Ragne Soul 100%
Tech3 100%
Spirit3 100%
Stam3 100%
Ability3 80%(The wild card usually among affixing)

You can also add a booster that is always 100% except when forcing slots. The booster for this demonstration is tech/stam/pp booster from ac scratch. This makes

Ragne Soul 100%
Tech3 100%
Spirit3 100%
Stam3 100%
Booster 100%

Evangelion X.XX
May 3, 2014, 09:45 PM
Affixing is an expensive and a risky enterprise.

But anyways, here's a simple example on how to affix a 4-slot weapon; let's say with affixes:
[Elder Soul/Technique III/Ability III/Technique Boost].

1) Get Target Weapon to 4-slots with the affixes: [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk]; use affixing boost items to make the process a little less painful.

2) Now put Elder Soul + Technique III on Target Weapon (there are many ways to do this). The end result for the Target Weapon should be: [Elder Soul/Technique III/Junk/Junk].

3) Now you need two fodders (you can either make them or buy them from the player's shop)
Fodder A: [Elder Soul/Power III/Junk/Junk].
Fodder B: [Elder Soul/Shoot III/Junk/Junk].

4) Get your hands on the item "Technique Boost" from AC Scratch or the player's market.

5) Now do your final affix with the Target Weapon, Fodder A, Fodder B, Technique Boost, and make sure to absolutely use a +30% Affixing Boost item from the Ex-Cube Shop.

6) The end result, if Ability III doesn't fail is: [Elder Soul/Technique III/Ability III/Technique Boost].

*The process is similar for 5-slots and up, but the amount of Meseta required for making all of the fodder can be REALLY expensive. Usually to 4-slot a weapon, it costs 10-15mill depending on market prices, affixing successes or failures. For a 5-slot weapon, the cost is around 20-30mill.

Rakurai
May 3, 2014, 09:53 PM
If Soul Receptor is really as common as some people say it is, it would definitely be worth playing PSO2es for the sake of having it to ease the affixing process, seeing that it removes multiple steps from the whole process.

milranduil
May 3, 2014, 09:56 PM
Affixing is an expensive and a risky enterprise.

But anyways, here's a simple example on how to affix a 4-slot weapon; let's say with affixes:
[Elder Soul/Technique III/Ability III/Technique Boost].

1) Get Target Weapon to 4-slots with the affixes: [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk]; use affixing boost items to make the process a little less painful.

2) Now put Elder Soul + Technique III on Target Weapon (there are many ways to do this). The end result for the Target Weapon should be: [Elder Soul/Technique III/Junk/Junk].

3) Now you need two fodders (you can either make them or buy them from the player's shop)
Fodder A: [Elder Soul/Power III/Junk/Junk].
Fodder B: [Elder Soul/Shoot III/Junk/Junk].

4) Get your hands on the item "Technique Boost" from AC Scratch or the player's market.

5) Now do your final affix with the Target Weapon, Fodder A, Fodder B, Technique Boost, and make sure to absolutely use a +30% Affixing Boost item from the Ex-Cube Shop.

6) The end result, if Ability III doesn't fail is: [Elder Soul/Technique III/Ability III/Technique Boost].

*The process is similar for 5-slots and up, but the amount of Meseta required for making all of the fodder can be REALLY expensive. Usually to 4-slot a weapon, it costs 10-15mill depending on market prices, affixing successes or failures. For a 5-slot weapon, the cost is around 20-30mill.

4s/5s weapon does not cost that much at all lol... especially not after the change to additional soul bonuses. Units don't even cost that much unless you 100% everything, but that's statistically not worth it.

Evangelion X.XX
May 3, 2014, 10:06 PM
I think a lot of the money comes from Power Boost/Shooting Boost/ Technique Boost items. They are usually expensive if they're not in the AC rotation: Not to long ago, I bought a Power Boost item for about 9 mill on Ship 7, and that was the cheapest one.

But yeah, usually whenever I affix, I take the longest, safest route, although I understand that it's not guaranteed for Ability III, unless it's boost week; perhaps that's why it costs more for me.

milranduil
May 3, 2014, 10:10 PM
Okay if you consider the high cost of boosts, then yeah it'll get more expensive. I do my best to buy boosts I predict I want/need when they are in rotation so I never pay that much for them...

megabuster66
May 3, 2014, 10:47 PM
Here is my progress so far, getting the fodder weapons are getting very tiredsome lol, but i'm still trying
http://i.imgur.com/FK8gaOS.png

milranduil
May 3, 2014, 10:50 PM
Your options are either: Elder/Tech3/Techboost/Abi3/Spirita3 or Elder/Tech3/TechBoost/Abi3/Mutation1. Since you don't have mutation1 on there already, I would go with Spirita3. You'll need some combination of Tech3, Spirita3, Power3, and Shoot3 on the two fodders you use. It doesn't matter which have which as long as the combination of both have all 4 of those together (Elder/Tech3/Spirita3/x/x + Elder/Power3/Shoot3/x/x for example). Unless of course you want to do Stamina3 instead of Abi3 to which I say... don't.

UnLucky
May 3, 2014, 11:04 PM
Damn, that's a shame about your PW's element. Get another one and make it Fire, Ice, or Dark IMO.

And yeah, I would intentionally lose the Ability III. Even with three of it across all your fodder it's still only 50% chance to transfer. Don't even bother trying to keep it while expanding slots, though Elder Soul might work and it's not like the fodder is too expensive.

Creating Ability III from scratch has better odds, so just do that.

Also good luck with the 95% chance on Spirita and Ability.

megabuster66
May 3, 2014, 11:54 PM
A big special thank you to you scale of judgment, i finally got one of them done!!!
http://i.imgur.com/tGyQ9Ku.png

Here were the odds before i did it
http://i.imgur.com/C4JYyJB.png

milranduil
May 4, 2014, 08:04 AM
Damn, that's a shame about your PW's element. Get another one and make it Fire, Ice, or Dark IMO.

And yeah, I would intentionally lose the Ability III. Even with three of it across all your fodder it's still only 50% chance to transfer. Don't even bother trying to keep it while expanding slots, though Elder Soul might work and it's not like the fodder is too expensive.

Creating Ability III from scratch has better odds, so just do that.

Also good luck with the 95% chance on Spirita and Ability.

Elder boosts spirita like tech. 80% base now instead of 60% with 1 in the pool.

UnLucky
May 4, 2014, 03:54 PM
Oh, those get boosted now too? What about Wolga Soul, does that boost Stamina or Spirita?

I know the 2x20 ATK souls don't boost both types

Bellion
May 4, 2014, 04:12 PM
Wolga doesn't boost either of them.

UnLucky
May 4, 2014, 07:32 PM
Oh, and Fang Soul doesn't either. I guess they did that so Mizer wouldn't drop in price.