PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is it possible to overkill in AQs?

Chdata
May 3, 2014, 11:03 PM
I've been doing some FC SHAQ with Il Megid spammers and for whatever reason we don't PSE burst much while one hit killing waves of mobs instantly.

tell me this is just RNG

Similarly, months ago something similar seemed to happen in VHAQ

Rien
May 3, 2014, 11:18 PM
The idea is that you need them killed within a specific time frame. The best way to do this as far as I've experienced right now is Kazan Nadeshiko, Katana Combat Finish and/or Zondeel/Julius Nifta combos with a group of mobs exceeding 4.

Enforcer MKV
May 3, 2014, 11:19 PM
So...what you're suggesting is the game somehow knows you're overpowering your enemies easily and is...punishing you for it?

That's definitely an interesting theory.

Chdata
May 3, 2014, 11:32 PM
It's not a suggestion, it's just something I experienced.

UnLucky
May 3, 2014, 11:32 PM
AFAIK there's nothing that influences PSE other than a random chance on an enemy's death.

Word on the grapevine suggests matching elemental weakness helps increase PSE, but that may just be on account of higher damage leading to faster kills.

Killing fast and consecutively helps preserve PSE since you'll more likely reach lv8 before expiring, so the opposite shouldn't be true.

infiniteeverlasting
May 3, 2014, 11:41 PM
maybe it's because you're all playing as forces.

jk dont hate me XD

Aurorra
May 3, 2014, 11:47 PM
maybe it's because you're all playing as forces.

jk dont hate me XD

But shouldn't that increase their ability to burst since matching damage with vulnerabilities increases the chance of a PSE?

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2014, 12:00 AM
To me, it's always felt that you get more PSE the faster you kill spawns. Might just be my imagination, but it seems like my parties get more pretty beams of light the faster spawns die.

Chdata
May 4, 2014, 12:00 AM
I figured what was happening was that it can tell if you're trying to do something weaker than your level since a similar thing happened when I went into VHAQ on my 65/65 who could one shot everything.

LonelyGaruga
May 4, 2014, 12:25 AM
I managed a set of four level 8 PSEs during a solo burst in Sanctum VHAQ before the update putting Element Conversion on the table. Been bursting a lot solo running Seabed VHAQ, too. Level doesn't seem to matter here.

landman
May 4, 2014, 03:25 AM
Once I though PSE chance were improved by killing group of enemies at the same time, that was in a party I had time to zondeel and group enemies.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 03:56 AM
I dunno, I've seen that pretty beam of light appear from killing just one enemy sometimes, unless there's some sort of grace period between individual kills...

Chdata
May 4, 2014, 05:53 AM
Maybe it's because weather effects don't occur as often when you can just storm through the area super fast, leading to less PSE leveling up.

I've consistently been getting good PSE in areas where the enemies aren't weak (AKA don't die in one hit to il megid and get cleared instantly all the time) but p much not/uncommonly bursting when we overkill.

Dnd
May 4, 2014, 06:30 AM
Nah, I feel its completely random. Weather effects are tied to last x amount of spawns or map squares alongside PSE's. (staying in the same map square, i had lv7 pse and butterflys in FC last over 30mins)

you can either get 7-8 pse level up's in a wave spawn killing them all or none, its all that lovely RNG

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 12:24 PM
I consistently get bright lights by zondeel+tech. Maybe they can be too spread apart... il megid's ridiculous range yeh?

Macman
May 4, 2014, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's because weather effects don't occur as often when you can just storm through the area super fast, leading to less PSE leveling up.
Going with this. Do you often clear maps before the weather even gets a chance to change?

Chdata
May 4, 2014, 06:58 PM
Going with this. Do you often clear maps before the weather even gets a chance to change?

Yes, when we're able to one hit entire waves of mobs with Il Megid to insta kill them. That's mostly only in FC cause you need to stack a lot of stuff to do that to non elemental weakness.