PDA

View Full Version : Error 249 and Unknown Status

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 12:48 AM
I know that this may have been fixed a while back, tried searching for the old topics and posts and could not find it. I was disconnected from PSO2 while playing after finally getting to play the game. I was about an hour and a half into it and it disconnected me. Now all I get is Pso2 tweaker saying its offline and unknown server status. I tried to find out more info on this and got stumped. I live in the us and just wanted some help. Am I missing something simple? Or do I need to manually fix something?

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 10:00 AM
No one has any information? Am I a lost cause? I would really love the help. Please at least direct me to a post or a thread or something.

[S]kyHawk
May 4, 2014, 11:19 AM
Here is a list of errors: List of ALL errors, read this first! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836)

According to the list, error 249 seems to be:

Unable to connect to the server - Please wait a while, then try connecting again. Please contact Technical Support if this error happens constantly.

The server sometimes spits out this error instead of 649 during maintenance, but it can also be received if your connection/speed are not enough to fully connect to the server. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the servers are up, your wireless strength is good or better if applicable, and try again.

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks. I would assume that the servers are down at the moment. Finally got Tweaker to work properly with hotshot shield. But servers are still unknown. Are you able to log into it right now? Or is it maintenance?

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I would assume that the servers are down at the moment. Finally got Tweaker to work properly with hotshot shield. But servers are still unknown. Are you able to log into it right now? Or is it maintenance?

You shouldn't even need hotspotshield to play.
Furthermore, it isn't maintenance.

If I remember correctly if you're playing from china, chinese players are one of the few that are IP blocked from the JP servers from a while back. I don't know if that has changed .

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 12:04 PM
I'm in the us playing and having major issues. Anything else?

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 12:12 PM
I'm in the us playing and having major issues. Anything else?
Im in the US as well, and never needed hotspotshield,
Have you tried getting in without the tweaker? If it still doesn't work, then it's not the tweaker's fault. It has something to do with your connection.
Like install and patch everything without the tweaker, and put the english patch in afterwards. It seems like you're trying to get in without being fully patched, and the server sees this as you having had a connection problem or something.

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 12:16 PM
I'll uninstall and retry it all. See what happens. Thanks.

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 12:21 PM
Another suggestion is to check your modem security settings. Setting it to a lower security setting is what worked in another thread. There are just many different reasons for why the game is acting up. ^^;

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM
I have no security on my computer at all. So I know it can't be that. I dis get to play for an hour and a half. Then it just dced and 249 kept coming up. Lol. Just confused is all. Not sure what happened to cause it.

Ahrenn
May 4, 2014, 02:19 PM
Did a complete reinstall and re patched. Still getting offline and cannot connect to remote server. Servers still set at unknown. I am now at a loss. What do I do now?

WildarmsRE5
May 4, 2014, 02:59 PM
either weak internet or... dunno.

usually, it's weak internet.

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 04:08 PM
Did a complete reinstall and re patched. Still getting offline and cannot connect to remote server. Servers still set at unknown. I am now at a loss. What do I do now?

Hullo~ Just got back from work, sorry.

Try fidgeting with your modem security settings. As I said, someone fixed it by setting to a lower security option.

Sizustar
May 4, 2014, 04:30 PM
Contact your ISP

holmwood
May 4, 2014, 04:40 PM
I have no security on my computer at all. So I know it can't be that. I dis get to play for an hour and a half. Then it just dced and 249 kept coming up. Lol. Just confused is all. Not sure what happened to cause it.

Btw, I'm not talking about antivirus. I was talking about the modem.

Sorry I didn't see this previous post.

Anyway, your internet connection seems to be shoddy then. Note that the servers are in Japan, so you have to have fairly good connection.
What's your ISP and mb/sec?