PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about a hybrid Braver mag?

Hobu
May 4, 2014, 08:56 AM
Serious talk here. I've heard that a pure Dex mag gives higher damage over an S-atk mag for Bravers. The downside to that is that DEX mags are only usable by Bravers. Now another thing I've heard is that as a Braver, you have the option to go Hybrid mag, like 110/65 to get both S-atk and Dex bonuses for your character.

Braver Mag skill also converts half of your Dex values into R-atk and S-atk, meaning you get half of your mag's dex into S-atk.

Thoughts?

milranduil
May 4, 2014, 09:16 AM
Max S-atk is still 175 S-atk mag. Braver mag skill only converts half of your dex into s-atk.

Pugas87
May 4, 2014, 10:43 AM
Dex mag is great for hybrid braver that wants to craft (and make up for lost hidden dex). Pure is the way to go otherwise.

Lumpen Thingy
May 4, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have a alt braver with a dex mag and it sucks so hard that shes just a TA bitch and nothing else till they make hybriding good again at some point so theirs my few on it. So go pure s attack mag.

Reyva
May 4, 2014, 12:57 PM
Eh if you're going to buy AC for additional mags and plan on using bow too at times, then its good. If not, not so good unless you are braver for life. Tbh, the damage difference between that and pure s-atk mag is nothing huge. Anyone that tells you its going to be huge is exaggerating.....I'm sorry, typical pos-world nab response.

How do I know? I have 4 mags. Strike, range, tech, and dex. Even though my dex mag is not 175 just yet (I think last I knew it, it was like 140 something), the damage difference between switching between my striking or ranged mag is abysmal. Then again, like I said, I'm a guy who will only care if its a major difference in dmg and its not lol.

If you're going to switch it up at times, unless you love to switch to a bow and then your ranged mag while fighting, then be my guest, but I'm super lazy thus the dex mag with braver mag is the shiznite.

However, if you're going to be Katana 100% of the time play Phantasy Star Shunka along with all the other Bravers 100% of the time, then for maxiMUMM dmg purposes, a pure strike mag would be better overall. Damage difference vs that with dex mag + braver mag will be abysmal, but for the nuthards who think its a major difference will tell you are a nab and you are shit braver :lol: :lol:.

If you're going to level other classes (Hunter you will have to), then the only big con is equipping hunter weapons later than sooner. Ofcourse, if all you're going to do is play Phantasy Star Shunka, you could get a Agito which has dex req instead of s-atk and be ok lmao. Then if you could get it, get a Susano Guren (T-DEF req 420) and you'd be set. However, the katanas with s-atk you may not be able to equip.

The only real con in my opinion is leveling a dex mag. Painful haha, but I wanted 4 mags focusing in strike/range/tech/dex.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 12:57 PM
From what I understand, it essentially splits your stats into S-atk and R-atk 50/50, meaning you get half the stats in S-atk or R-atk than you would if you went purely with just one... so I would only do it if you really really love using both the katana and bow, and can't afford two mags.

You could put it mostly into S-atk and have a little dex, but then I don't think the braver mag skill would be so effective, and you might have more important skills to get...

LordKaiser
May 4, 2014, 01:04 PM
SEGA will need to add Braver MAG Bonus sometime once the Nerf hits... they messed it up by adding weapons for Braver with S and R attack requirement so Dex MAG fell in favor. So they will need to either buff it to give 100% or add Braver MAG bonus. Also they can add potentials or abilities that work with Braver MAG.

It almost feels like a entrapment made by SEGA so you would have to buy other MAGs later on.

Vetur
May 4, 2014, 01:15 PM
If they do I hope they give us an additional mag ticket or reset ticket to compensate. :(

AkumaYouji
May 4, 2014, 09:13 PM
From what I understand, it essentially splits your stats into S-atk and R-atk 50/50, meaning you get half the stats in S-atk or R-atk than you would if you went purely with just one... so I would only do it if you really really love using both the katana and bow, and can't afford two mags.

You could put it mostly into S-atk and have a little dex, but then I don't think the braver mag skill would be so effective, and you might have more important skills to get...

what it does is adds 50% of dex to S-atk and R-atk, so if your mag has 175 dex it adds 87 R-atk and 87 S-atk, the reason this is "nice" is because your mag gives you 350 stat points as opposed to the normal 175. But like others have said if you dont main or sub braver the mag just becomes dex which isnt too usefull for other classes