PDA

View Full Version : Vita Looking for Vita/Sega/PSN ID combination advice.

Till Troll
May 4, 2014, 03:58 PM
Quick version:

1) Should I assume the Vita version will get a Western release one day and inconvenience myself now with a separate PSN ID and memory card for the Japanese version I have, or should I just link my Japanese Sega ID to my main PSN ID and not worry about a Western release that may never happen as this is the Vita version?

2) How big a barrier is not reading Japanese very well (but very willing to play the game with a translation guide, dictionary and katakana/hiragana chart) to enjoyment of the Vita version, given the lack of an English patch?

Long version:

After failng miserably to get PSO2 running on my mac, I decided to try the Vita version. I have bought the most recent PSO2 Vita physical release. I have a Japanese Sega account already set up.

Now I know that if I open the Vita game it'll bind my Sega account to my PSN account (currently my only PSN account). That account itself is bound to my Vita memory card. And I've heard how much faff is involved in separating a Sega account from a PSN account.

In the event of the fabled possible-never-happening Western release of Vita game, I am assuming that I'd have to create a new, UK/USA Sega account. As the PSN account is bound to one Sega account, and vice versa, I am further assuming that I'd have to create a new PSN account to play the Western Vita version. Which will require a new Vita memory card and resetting the Vita every time I want to play PSO2 west as opposed to my normal PSN ID games.

The alternative is that I create a different PSN account for the Japanese PSO2 Vita version, so when (if!) the Western version is released, I can use my main PSN ID with the UK/USA Sega account, and won't be playing musical memory cards/Vita resets every time I want to play PSO2 after the Western release. However, I will be playing it before hand.

So the advice I am looking for is: should I bank on a Western release of PSO2 Vita, and get a separate PSN account and memory card for the Japanese version, thus meaning I'll have to swop out the memory cards and reset my Vita every time I want to switch games until the Western release?

Or should I assume the Vita version will never get a Western release, and just play the Japanese version on my main PSN ID? And then, should a Western release happen, rejoice in the PC version, because by then Sony will probably be onto the next generation of their handhelds and my original concerns will be mute.

Also: those players with limited Japanese skills who play the Vita version: is it still enjoyable even tho reading the flavour text and quest/story dialogue takes a lot of work?

Jazneo
May 4, 2014, 10:18 PM
You can use your US PSN Account with a hard JP copy - Just do that. When the US version is released in 20XX after the Elf Wars, you *should* be able to use the same PSN with the US SEGA ID, since they're on different servers.

yea. but i put to much of my time on Japanese version and money. even they release on for american mostly just stay in japan server