PDA

View Full Version : Imagine that you're [Apprentice].

Xaeris
May 4, 2014, 04:51 PM
The real [Apprentice], bless her heart, sucks at Defense and Incursion and will probably suck at Despair too. With the vilest scourge of the universe at her disposal, she regularly fails to blow up a few out of the way mining bases. So, I was thinking, we should help her out! Given the same resources and units, let's try to think of how she could go about Defense and Incursion to achieve success.

Some rules:

1. You have the same amount and variety of Darkers as appear normally in the missions. Two Wolgas in Incursion, so you only get two Wolgas for Incursion, etc.

2. Darkers behave according to their usual scripts. They're just insects after all, you can't micromanage them. You can act as you please as Vibrace, though.

3. You can dispatch Darkers in whatever quantity or order you like, so long as you adhere to rule one. You can even save them all for the last wave if you want, just remember that you lose if you time out. You can also place them wherever, so long as there isn't a gate in the way of your chosen position in Incursion.

So, here's how I think I would do Incursion. First, I'd need some recon to determine who the strong players are and who's just leeching. On the first wave, I'd dispatch some Goldradhas in a corner, about the usual amount, and see who's responding. With any luck, they'll at least explode on the gate, but the important thing is that I see which players are powerful.

With that taken care of, I'd do wave 2 and 3 mostly as normal, minus the predicadhas and dicadhas. I want to save those. Once wave 4 rolls around, it's time to implement my strategy. I'd spawn a crapload of Goldradhas on the far east or far west and wait for all the glory hunters to rush over for the point buffet. Once they've moved, I'd drop another crapload of preds and dicadhas on the opposite side. They'll almost certainly jump behind the gate before anyone makes it back. Between them and an infection, they should be able to destroy one tower at least.

In wave 5, I'd use a similar bait tactic, with the addition of wolgas once people jump behind the gate to deal with the ninja bugs. They should be able to demolish the gate with part of the MPA distracted.

By wave 6, I'd have used up all of ninja bugs, but with a gate down, their usefulness is diminished anyway. Now this is where the recon is important. I'd scatter spawns as usual, with the critical difference of directing infections at towers furthest away from the best players, along with bombs. Seriously, there's no reason for Vibrace to be doing anything but spamming bombs except maybe sitting on anyone who's standing in a dumb spot. With Ragne active in this around, I'd follow it around and let it draw some attention.

The basic idea is to use the average player's glory hunting tendency against them and control where they are in order to launch attacks where they aren't. Whew, that was wordier than I thought it would be. Let's hear some of your strategies!

Chdata
May 4, 2014, 05:00 PM
Spawn one enemy at a time.

Players dread as they can no longer do 3 full runs.

Xaeris
May 4, 2014, 05:02 PM
That's certainly seizing one form of victory.

Mysterious-G
May 4, 2014, 05:03 PM
Fun idea! Must suck to be shoe-horned into episode 2 just so TD could be released.
As a side note: going by the names of the EQs alone, she actually seems to be doing pretty well. We go from defense into incursion into despair after all. Expecting the 3rd one to add Bird Darkers to the mix for good merit too. That ought to be fun times.. Double Nove fun times!

Sanguine2009
May 4, 2014, 05:19 PM
all of the darkers spawn at once spread out across all available spawn points. all or nothing!

EvilMag
May 4, 2014, 05:22 PM
Luda Sorcerers everywhere.

strikerhunter
May 4, 2014, 05:43 PM
The entire idea seems great if it weren't the fact that lots of players/MPAs are still doing terrible at Incursion.

With that being said I like to see, 2 vibrace spawning at the same and wreck havoc :P and move zesh/rig's spawn in wave 3 into wave 5 with ragne for a dual boss.

Niagara
May 4, 2014, 05:51 PM
Mining Base Despair :

Wave 5 - Ragne + Zesh + Ringahda. At the same time.

...overkill. Intrusion is already a mess, now if you add bird darkers...

strikerhunter
May 4, 2014, 05:57 PM
Mining Base Despair :

Wave 5 - Ragne + Zesh + Ringahda. At the same time.

...overkill. Intrusion is already a mess, now if you add bird darkers...

or Hunar and Angel together ;_;

yoshiblue
May 4, 2014, 06:05 PM
Limit the movement of Arkz by making them fight in the trenches. Make the floor foggy so they can't see their dead.

Sanguine2009
May 4, 2014, 06:15 PM
add some of the XQ stuff like the massive damage resists and the anti healing too

Sacrificial
May 4, 2014, 06:30 PM
Remove the telepads that go backwards. Once over the wall you stay over the wall unless it breaks. What if a darker stepped on it and send it flying over the wall <.<

Also 1 mpa is limited to a certain area of course, but in the "lore" the swarm is far wider than that. So in a sense IF one mpa fails that means the whole ARKs defense line is penetrated which would mean we actually lose every time.

Keyblade59
May 4, 2014, 07:13 PM
pretty much a shit ton of dahgash with ill intentions to murder the forces and some XQ speed cyclonehdas to snipe people from a distance, followed buy a 66 hunar who refuses to drop yasha.

infiniteeverlasting
May 4, 2014, 10:37 PM
Just get a spy to infiltrate the arks so they send block 20ians only to defend the bases :D all bases destroyed before wave 2. Win.

pkemr4
May 4, 2014, 10:57 PM
she grows herself to 200 Ft tall and crush all the arks members.

Scale of Judgment
May 5, 2014, 12:57 AM
Have it flood red blood. Constant HP drain. Setup 12 Rescue Fungi ever 30 seconds while sending in mantis.

Chdata
May 5, 2014, 01:02 AM
For the little stun bugs:
They instantly aggro random players. I'd spawn them one after another in such a way that their attacks come in like dominos.

Rien
May 5, 2014, 01:24 AM
With the amount of fanart [Apprentice] has... make a direct appearance.

Instant attention all on you.

Then you send all the bosses at once.

BIG OLAF
May 5, 2014, 05:21 AM
Remove the telepads that go backwards. Once over the wall you stay over the wall unless it breaks.

What about the tower polyps and Dicahdas/Predicahdas?

Not like it would be unlike SEGA to still have them teleport past the wall when the players can't go back, though.

Maenara
May 5, 2014, 07:36 AM
Spawn several Baizes each wave, each Baize with a highly increased growth rate. Exploding Baizes spawn a large darker boss, and cause blood rain for several minutes, for constant poison and unavoidable tower damage.

Sacrificial
May 5, 2014, 08:20 AM
What about the tower polyps and Dicahdas/Predicahdas?

Not like it would be unlike SEGA to still have them teleport past the wall when the players can't go back, though.

That is exactly the point. You would actually need something organised. Darkers can open their portals anywhere they are near as long as there are negative photons. So why would the whole ARKs team defend only the visual army approaching.

Lore based it would be nice. Game based, not so much because failure and rage everywhere if you run with pugs.

Ce'Nedra
May 5, 2014, 08:22 AM
Spawn several Baizes each wave, each Baize with a highly increased growth rate. Exploding Baizes spawn a large darker boss, and cause blood rain for several minutes, for constant poison and unavoidable tower damage.

This sounds like fun. Make sure it spawns lv3 infected rare form of the bosses for extra damage. Imagine Nove's sweeping beams of death hitting the towers and everyone near them, not to mention its flying cirlces of doom can just camp a random tower before people notice it.

I would also make some mobs instant agro anyone who uses Weak Bullet, Dagash + Predi combo comes to mind, to stunflinch and ohko afterwards.

Zerex
May 5, 2014, 11:03 AM
Honestly think the best thing would be to just replace all mobs other than Goldrahdas with Luda Sorcerors and everyone will fail

Hexxy
May 5, 2014, 11:41 AM
Problem: Not enough micdas.
Solution: More micdas.

Niagara
May 5, 2014, 11:48 AM
This sounds like fun. Make sure it spawns lv3 infected rare form of the bosses for extra damage. Imagine Nove's sweeping beams of death hitting the towers and everyone near them, not to mention its flying cirlces of doom can just camp a random tower before people notice it.

Infected Wave : All ATK +60% HP +60%

...so much pain.

Luda + Ringahda would be so fun... and painful for bad parties 8D

More HPs for Vibrace's bomb. And more bombs...Bombs, bombs everywhere...just like infections cores. Blood rain sounds awesome during infected wave. And logical considering the sky's color.

angrysquid
May 5, 2014, 01:46 PM
And then an infected king vardha drops from the sky.

Maenara
May 5, 2014, 01:48 PM
During the last wave: Send an infected Big Vardha in that constantly rolls towards the furthest tower, instant kill to any walls and towers that it drives over.

angrysquid
May 5, 2014, 01:49 PM
Oh and don't forget the perma spawning infected aircrafts until wave ends, every wave

Cypher_9
May 5, 2014, 08:07 PM
You know the OP had set the rules to this imagination but, nobody is following it ._. This is basically what would you do different rather than what is seen on regular TD - since this is saying [Apprentice] isn't that strategic and keeps running into the first wall like a dog with a sock on its head ^^; [Although, her default strategy isn't even beatin by normal means *shrugs* experienced this one too many times - however had a few parties running a perfect game/ walls still intact~]

If I was [Apprentice] *puts on costume*

Wave 1: I will send Dagan/ El Dagan to boost the player's pride level since it is such an easy darker to kill and everyone would just be dashing as if they are cool and what not.

Wave 2: Then I will send Dagacha to further their testosterone levels - along with a bit of El Arda to make them dance for me.

Wave 3: I will send nothing - as it will make them randomly run around and confused. Probably a few mobs to work their agitation...

Wave 4: As I become a bit presumptuous - I will send Wolga (both of them) along with Gu Wonda and Kuklonahda / That should be enough to deflect their Shunka Shiran's and WB'ing capability and have to shift and slide as Gu Wonda is 'blocking' for Wolga and Kuklonahda is killing the wall along side Wolga.

Wave 5: Then I summon my titans - Ragneechan and Zeshykun - summoned on both sides as it will divide their forces. Seeing this - I will send a mess of Goldrahda and Dicahda as they will prove more of a mess along with Ragnechan's screams and Zeshykun's break dance. These will break the second wall down as well as adding collateral damage to the towers~

FINAL WAVE: My pet beetle Vibras~ will be summoned onto the field - with all the ARKS frustrated and annoyed at other ARKS fighting prowess; I will add icing on the cake by summoning more Goldrahda's, Predicahda (all of them), Kartargot at fixed points but within range of the towers, El Arda's to clip the players legs, Dahgash w/ Krabada and Cyclonehda and reserve Gu Wonda - I think I have four left ^^; Along with those new darkers from the market... I forget their name ^^;

From there as I watch them squirm - it will be my delight to laugh at them while I am passionate over the ordeal. Seeing these towers explode from the sky is a very breathtaking sight along with the wipe of the century. Then soon I will bring my brother into the fold... From there you guys would stop making fun of him as he will wring your neck!! LOL

Darkers can open their portals anywhere they are near as long as there are negative photons....

You know I thought about this too - interesting thought; it is settled, I think I'll make another strategy with this in mind~

Maenara
May 5, 2014, 11:37 PM
If I were [Apprentice], I would find [Persona]'s body and be done with it, and summon Dark Falz Persona for the lulz. The only reason she's attacking the mining bases is because [Persona] can't find his body(Which is why he's such a pushover normally), and he only knows that his body is somewhere on Lillipa, so she's helping him find it.

Rupikachu
May 6, 2014, 07:24 AM
If I were [Apprentice], I would find [Persona]'s body and be done with it, and summon Dark Falz Persona for the lulz. The only reason she's attacking the mining bases is because [Persona] can't find his body(Which is why he's such a pushover normally), and he only knows that his body is somewhere on Lillipa, so she's helping him find it.

Spoilers D:

Anyway i thought apprentice was looking for it's own body, not persona, even afin tells her host constantly ended losing things or something along these lines.

Now if i were apprentice...

Wave 1-3. Send dagans, probably some crabs for appearence.

Wave 4 Wolgas with wave 1-2 goldrahda's and kuklonadas + some ninja mantises to attack behind the wall (split them up / make them run like headless chickens). Should be able to break The first and probably the second wall.

Wave 5 Zeshy and Ragne. Ragne at the top, zeshy at the middle. And moar goldrahda's to make sure the wall goes boom. While idiotarks attack ragne.

Wave 6.Vibras and kuklonadas. With the rest of mobs to attack the towers.

On a more "realistic" environment, i would just send it all on the first wave.

Rakurai
May 6, 2014, 07:47 AM
It would be amusing if the other Falzs decided to help her out in one of future TDs.

Falz Hunar and Falz Angel would wreck the towers with ease if they weren't kept far far away from them.