PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 running on a Surface Pro Tablet

the_importer_
May 4, 2014, 09:09 PM
I knew these thing outperformed my media PC, but I didn't think it could run a game like PSO2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7NGHqt3gw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl5sS1nQBA

These aren't my videos BTW.

AkumaYouji
May 4, 2014, 09:16 PM
I knew these thing outperformed my media PC, but I didn't think it could run a game like PSO2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7NGHqt3gw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl5sS1nQBA

These aren't my videos BTW.

thats actually pretty cool, seems like a nice option if you want to pso on the go and dont have a laptop that can run it.

Jazneo
May 4, 2014, 10:14 PM
i just use my Vita

Crystal_Shard
May 4, 2014, 10:23 PM
If that's a Pro 2, I'm not surprised, but if it's the Pro 1... I'm much more impressed. As for why this instead of the Vita, well, you can use a good mouse with it, log on to different accounts without needing to reset the install and it's more portable than a full gaming laptop while also functioning as a workhorse for other things.

In short, it saves a heck of a lot of space when travelling.

infiniteeverlasting
May 4, 2014, 10:23 PM
This reminds me, does anyone know if the new Wacom cintiq companion with windows 8 can run pso2? I'm considering to buy one befor I go to college.

Zysets
May 4, 2014, 11:56 PM
Well, it probably runs better than my old crappy laptop, and that's what I use to play the game. That's really neat.

infiniteeverlasting
May 5, 2014, 12:04 AM
Well, it probably runs better than my old crappy laptop, and that's what I use to play the game. That's really neat.

I'm using a dumpster landfill laptop my mom got me on clearance three years ago. An old dell Inspiron under 300 bucks. It's what u call some real shit. At this point I beg to get something doesn't make me lag in TD2, I would be first place 99% of the time if my numbers didn't appear 20 seconds after I dealt the goddamn damage. So the next time i get a PC I wanna makes sure it can run pso2 decently before I buy one. Im not going to make the same mistake twice XD. Yea from what I see I believe it's nvidia graphics card and i7 so I guess it's ok, it's meant to be used for my art purposes, so I guess the graphics card has to be pretty decent.

Yden
May 5, 2014, 12:06 AM
If that's a Pro 2, I'm not surprised, but if it's the Pro 1... I'm much more impressed. As for why this instead of the Vita, well, you can use a good mouse with it, log on to different accounts without needing to reset the install and it's more portable than a full gaming laptop while also functioning as a workhorse for other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl5sS1nQBA was uploaded on Jun 9, 2013 while the pro 2 was released October 22, 2013.

infiniteeverlasting
May 5, 2014, 12:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl5sS1nQBA was uploaded on Jun 9, 2013 while the pro 2 was released October 22, 2013.

I have a friend who is playing on pro one on medium high graphics with no problems whatsoever. She never lags, not even in TD.

.Jack
May 5, 2014, 12:15 AM

You can get something similar for half the price of a pro2 if you look into touch screen laptops that fold into pad look. It's something I was in the fence of purchasing a while ago. If you want something similar but bulkier there are plenty of cheaper alternatives in the market for this. ^^

tuxdude143
May 5, 2014, 12:18 AM
I own a surface pro 2 as my main pc and pso2 runs on it really well. Sure, I have to turn shaders off but when that's done it runs like a charm. Pretty impressive considering the graphics chip in the surface pro 2 is an intel hd graphics 4400 chip!

holmwood
May 5, 2014, 12:34 PM
What's the battery life when you're playing pso2?

May 5, 2014, 01:22 PM
great, just what i always wanted... to play the game at a minimal framerate and have tons of slowdown!

tbh if you are smart you would just run pso2 in rdp on the surface from your main pc. full speed (limited only by lan bandwidth and fsb and other factors that don't really matter) this is how i game from my bed when i'm feeling fucking lazy.

gigawuts
May 5, 2014, 01:23 PM
great, just what i always wanted... to play the game at a minimal framerate and have tons of slowdown!

tbh if you are smart you would just run pso2 in rdp on the surface from your main pc. full speed (limited only by lan bandwidth and fsb and other factors that don't really matter) this is how i game from my bed when i'm feeling fucking lazy.

I want this on a wii u controller. Very, very badly.

May 5, 2014, 01:26 PM
I want this on a wii u controller. Very, very badly.

isn't there some sort of remote desktop thing applet you could run from the wii u? i know i had one on my psp back before i used a pc for rdp. homebrew for it probably exists if you look

DJcooltrainer
May 5, 2014, 01:28 PM
nVidia Shield, plz. If they sold the WiiU gamepads separately, I'm sure there would be a lot more interest in getting them to interface with PC's. It looks like at least someone out there has got something to work, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m8YgVVtNRjg

Pretty cool, if you ask me.

gigawuts
May 5, 2014, 01:36 PM
There has been success getting a PC to stream to a wii u gamepad, but it's not really something any common person could set up easily. As far as I've been able to tell (as of a few months ago) you'd need to get your hands pretty dirty to make it all work, which I tend not to do with things I can't replace easily.

tuxdude143
May 5, 2014, 03:34 PM
*sigh* the game suffers from very little slowdown on my surface pro 2 and can actually run at a high framerate pretty damn well. Don't diss it till you see it in action!

Rupikachu
May 5, 2014, 03:41 PM
A surface 2 pro should be able to run it decently enough. Heck even the iconia w4 which uses atom can play it. (not fast but playable)

pkemr4
May 5, 2014, 04:29 PM
nivida tegra to stronk

the_importer_
May 5, 2014, 08:42 PM

I'd rather put $200~$400 on a more powerful device that will be more practical than invest into a gigabit lan setup just to use RDP with major limitations.

tuxdude143
May 5, 2014, 08:54 PM
Um, hello! I said that the surface pro 2 can run pso2 at pretty much full speed!! Geez! Is no one listening!

Zysets
May 6, 2014, 12:07 AM
it's meant to be used for my art purposes, so I guess the graphics card has to be pretty decent.

I'm in an animation course, and they have computers for us to use at my school, but working at home is a nono because my computer, same one I use for PSO2, is just bad. Whether for art or gaming, a good computer would work wonders.