PDA

View Full Version : 42 Ever have one of those days?

PhotonDrop
May 4, 2014, 09:55 PM
I should be writing right now but I am stuck.

So I sit here... writing.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2014, 09:57 PM
Almost every day, except I don't end up writing.

CelestialBlade
May 4, 2014, 10:05 PM
All the time with my fanfic. Generally just went and did something else for a while and came back to it after like half an hour.

Also I've found it useless to write if you're not really feeling it. Forced writing looks horrible and it doesn't flow as well anyway.

Arksenth
May 4, 2014, 10:07 PM
Just write in a yaoi mansmex scene if you're stuck.

Duh.

PhotonDrop
May 4, 2014, 10:16 PM

Duh.

No...

No...

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2014, 10:20 PM
Also I've found it useless to write if you're not really feeling it. Forced writing looks horrible and it doesn't flow as well anyway.

101%.

Sadly (or maybe not to some), I've not 'felt it' in a long, long time. You're also right about trying to force some compelling text out onto paper/into a document; it ofttimes comes out reading badly.

PhotonDrop
May 4, 2014, 10:28 PM
All the time with my fanfic. Generally just went and did something else for a while and came back to it after like half an hour.

101%.

Sadly (or maybe not to some), I've not 'felt it' in a long, long time. You're also right about trying to force some compelling text out onto paper/into a document; it ofttimes comes out reading badly.

Oh I totally agree.

I thought I had the whole thing planned out perfectly but I got to this one part and it's just like "This doesn't make sense! What are you doing! You're rushing it! :argh:"

CelestialBlade
May 4, 2014, 10:39 PM
Arguing with oneself is definitely a sign of a writer XD Especially when it's done outloud and my cats look at me funny.

yoshiblue
May 5, 2014, 01:18 AM
Could try pacing. Then again, people say its a sign of madness. Heh.

mctastee
May 5, 2014, 11:52 PM
I suggest going somewhere to change your surroundings a bit. It helps. A lot.

Outrider
May 6, 2014, 01:04 PM
For what it's worth, sometimes it helps to just write it terribly to get through the block and then go back to it later.

PhotonDrop
May 6, 2014, 05:46 PM
Recently I've found it gets easier to focus when I'm not wasting hours browsing the internet. :wacko:

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 08:15 PM

Duh.

Yesplz.