PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 One hand sword & shield

Jazneo
May 4, 2014, 10:20 PM
Anyone think they every add the one hand sword and Shield. like in Phantasy Portable 2?

FerrickX
May 4, 2014, 10:27 PM
honestly i think they should add the Pile Anchors

we kinda have sword and shield in the form of katana already

Hobu
May 4, 2014, 10:35 PM
Twin Sabers should come back too, not just twin daggers. 1h Sword and Shield is as posted above, in the form of Katanas.

But if anything, I wanted Slicers.

infiniteeverlasting
May 4, 2014, 10:42 PM
Imagine if it was axe and shield and the shield is similar to that darker's (forgot the name) so that every time a Melee mob attacks you and you "just shield" you can knock them back totally. And maybe this can be it's own class where you can have skills like damage deflect, tech/projectile deflect, and shield gear etc.

Hobu
May 4, 2014, 10:47 PM
Just a question though. What IF Beasts were introduced in PSO2? They'd be unable to use mags but instead has a transformation for their Photon Blasts. They would still need to feed their PB with something to increase stats the same way people feed their mags, but wouldn't it be cool?

infiniteeverlasting
May 4, 2014, 10:50 PM
Just a question though. What IF Beasts were introduced in PSO2? They'd be unable to use mags but instead has a transformation for their Photon Blasts. They would still need to feed their PB with something to increase stats the same way people feed their mags, but wouldn't it be cool?

Yea that would actually be nice if they were paired with the shield class I was talking about >:D and then they could even have skills like defense to attack transfer, where 90% of s-def can go into s-atk

Evangelion X.XX
May 4, 2014, 11:04 PM
Never played any of the other PSO games before.

But I would assume "Beast" Race would be heavily S-ATK dependent, speedy/agile, and would mainly use their claws or something of that nature to murder enemies (I'm thinking werewolves); I would assume that they're meant to be played VERY aggressively but have below average defense.

Of course, I have no idea, as I'm just speculating.

Hobu
May 4, 2014, 11:05 PM
Never played any of the other PSO games before.

But I would assume "Beast" Race would be heavily S-ATK dependent, speedy/agile, and would mainly use their claws or something of that nature to murder enemies (I'm thinking werewolves); I would assume that they're meant to be played VERY aggressively but have below average defense.

Of course, I have no idea, as I'm just speculating.

Well, you aren't entirely wrong. In fact, you're spot on in many places.

Totori
May 4, 2014, 11:28 PM

I dunno, MAG's don't really give that good of a use. That'll just make Beast OP in no time, knowing the balance team behind this game.

AkumaYouji
May 4, 2014, 11:31 PM

i loved beast and transforming in PSP, that would be really cool if added

Edit: as totori said above too beast mode will either be super OP or totally worthless haha

Skye-Fox713
May 5, 2014, 12:16 AM
Hmm. perhaps a class that's an aesthetic opposite of Braver. Where braver is Katina and bow, weapons with a lot of finesse to them. One could think of it as a 'brute' or 'brawler' class using a Shield and Shotgun weapon types.

Crystal_Shard
May 5, 2014, 01:07 AM
Given the Illios series, I've come to the conclusion that there's no longer a need for Sega to add unique abilities, only unique PBs. Imagine that instead of the four basic summons, or the ethereal swordbeast, it might be possible for your mag to merge with you, giving you something closer to the Infinity Blast of PSPo2i Dewmans, and even the nanoblast of the Beast race. It won't be unique to any one race, and you simply buy it from the shop with ExCubes.

We just need more options, and more effective ones, otherwise everyone's just going to continue going "Ketos Proi 4 life".

Yoona
May 5, 2014, 03:58 AM
There's already a few sword and shield-esque sets in the form of some of the katanas, personally I'd like to see regular sabers make a return, or failing that, slicers would be nice. Really surprised they're not in already.

Rakurai
May 5, 2014, 06:16 AM
They should bring back the shields from Phantasy Star Zero.

Boltzmann
May 5, 2014, 06:57 AM
There's already a few sword and shield-esque sets in the form of some of the katanas, personally I'd like to see regular sabers make a return, or failing that, slicers would be nice. Really surprised they're not in already.
Never been a fan of Slicers, but having Sabers back would be nice. I miss pistols a bit too, just not sure what kind of PAs they could have(throwing them at the enemies' faces?).

Sanguine2009
May 5, 2014, 10:03 AM
i want funnels, they should add funnels to the game

HIT0SHI
May 5, 2014, 10:21 AM
One could think of it as a 'brute' or 'brawler' class using a Shield and Shotgun weapon types.

Riot Shield and Shotguns... oh god yes.

infiniteeverlasting
May 5, 2014, 10:25 AM
Riot Shield and Shotguns... oh god yes.

Very un-pso2 like.

gigawuts
May 5, 2014, 10:42 AM
Very un-pso2 like.

Yeah, as it happens things that aren't in PSO2 yet aren't the kinds of things PSO2 has in it.

HIT0SHI
May 5, 2014, 10:43 AM
Riot Shields I can agree to an extent, Shotguns however have been present since PSO1 all the way to PSP2i.

Kikikiki
May 5, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yeah, as it happens things that aren't in PSO2 yet aren't the kinds of things PSO2 has in it.

You know, because, Sci-Fi, where "everything can fit" - Sakai

gigawuts
May 5, 2014, 12:14 PM
You know, because, Sci-Fi, where "everything can fit" - Sakai

Sakai plays gunslash hunter because he likes Star Wars.

DJcooltrainer
May 5, 2014, 12:19 PM
Sakai plays gunslash hunter because he likes Star Wars.

Are you sure he's not just a big FFVIII fan? I don't remember any gunblades in Star Wars, lol.

Kikikiki
May 5, 2014, 12:38 PM
Are you sure he's not just a big FFVIII fan? I don't remember any gunblades in Star Wars, lol.

Well, for one, the Gunslash melee sound is similar to beam/light saber's, whatever you wanna call it.

DJcooltrainer
May 5, 2014, 01:25 PM
Well, for one, the Gunslash melee sound is similar to beam/light saber's, whatever you wanna call it.

Heh, I guess I never noticed the similarity of the sounds. You'd think, though, if you wanted to play with a weapon that most closely resembles a light saber, you'd go for a katana.

gigawuts
May 5, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that's why Braver is what Braver is now.

That wasn't a joke; he actually said that during one of the live presentations. He actually said he mained gunslash hunter because he liked Star Wars. This actually happened. This is who thinks hunter is fine as it is. This is why he thinks hunter is fine as it is.

Vetur
May 5, 2014, 01:44 PM
I don't know anything about beasts, but I'm all for new races. Especially if it means additional free character slot. If not, I'd still pay for one.