PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of playing more than one Character?

Daemon Gildas
May 5, 2014, 02:40 PM
Part of me is thinking about starting a whole new character, but then I also wonder if there are reasons to dedicate to a single character? Right now, I'm playing a lvl 25 male Duman Braver, and so far, I'm really enjoying him. At the same time, though, I quite like the idea of playing around as a Force, and I thought about creating a Female character to fill the role (not sure what race I'd make her, probably Nueman or Cast).

Would any of you guys mind going over some of the Pros and Cons of having a multiple characters, versus playing only one? I'm just interested in having more of a "big picture", to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, especially considering I'm still quite new to the game. Thanks! :D

DJcooltrainer
May 5, 2014, 02:45 PM
Pros - Able to do multiple Dark Falz runs if you're quick enough. More skill tree reset passes when they are given out. Allows you to experiment with more builds. Puts extra costumes to use.

Cons - Takes time away from your main, requires more money. Purchased AC items like Mags are still character locked. Storage space is per-ship, so you might end up with more junk. (If you're like me and hoard things)

WildarmsRE5
May 5, 2014, 02:51 PM
- more TA slaves, DF runs.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 5, 2014, 02:58 PM
Pros - More Falz, More Resets, like DJ said.

Cons - Second character

red1228
May 5, 2014, 03:10 PM
+ More TACOs to get more money (the two character slots we get for free would allow you to get over a mil each day).

+ If you get bored of your current character's method of killing, you can just re-login to start Smashing/Shooting/Nuking things (or whatever class suits your fancy, that day), without having to respec & regear your primary character completely.

+ Assuming you have a sense of imagination (& the meseta to make it happen), you can play a completely different character that interests you, without having to run to the MakeOver shop everytime (of which, some options would cost you real money to edit anyway).

- More characters means more items you will have. 200 item slots for the basic Storage really does not cut it for all the stuff you may or may not want to keep (nevermind many of the Client Order items you will need to hold onto for quick EXP gains). For some players, the additional 300 Premium Slots isn't enough either.

- More characters means more hours needed to be put into the game (though if you're playing an MMO, you should already know & be prepared for the long grind anyway).

- Customization item Tickets (like hairstyles, accessories, etc...) are character locked (with the exception of Lobby Actions). Some are cheap, many are horrendously overpriced. Safe bet to say you will want the the expensive ones at some point (at which point, their already stupid high prices will be even higher cuz you waited too long).

Skyly
May 5, 2014, 04:38 PM
Pros - Able to do multiple Dark Falz runs if you're quick enough. More skill tree reset passes when they are given out. Allows you to experiment with more builds. Puts extra costumes to use.

Cons - Takes time away from your main, requires more money. Purchased AC items like Mags are still character locked. Storage space is per-ship, so you might end up with more junk. (If you're like me and hoard things)

So I bought a mag on my main my alt wouldn't be able to use it.. even on the same ship?

FerrickX
May 5, 2014, 04:49 PM
sadly not

GoldenFalcon
May 5, 2014, 05:12 PM
Multiple Characters is the free-to-play way of having different mags, pretty much. Main character would have a Braver Mag, and your alt would have a Force/Techer mag

Also client orders and emergency quests, but I'm too lazy to do that on multiple characters

omgwtflolbbl
May 5, 2014, 05:26 PM
Can you get multiple extreme passes per day with multiple characters, or is that tied to account?

Walkure
May 5, 2014, 05:27 PM
Can you get multiple extreme passes per day with multiple characters, or is that tied to account?
Account-bound.

Macman
May 5, 2014, 05:37 PM
Pros: More TAs, more Falz, more bingo/MB items

Cons: More TA grinding, more Bingo/MB grinding, more level grinding to get up to current content.

Daemon Gildas
May 5, 2014, 07:18 PM
Hmm... Well, thinking I might just stick with the Braver as my "main", but probably have a female Force, then. Doesn't sound like I'm really missing out on much by just having two separate characters. I'll probably just relax a bit more on raiding a Tech MAG, just in case they *do* make any changes down the road, though.

Rootsuki
May 5, 2014, 07:37 PM
IMO, Not really any cons. Sure you have to level it up, but, that goes without saying.

More money(If you have the patience), you get more out of your play experience(If you try other classes), More everything, really.

Bellion
May 5, 2014, 07:46 PM
AQ risk is not shared between characters and that is lame.

Laxedrane
May 5, 2014, 08:41 PM
pros I didn't see.
-Additional trees(If your going pure free to play you can play a trees differently for each character)
-Emotes shared across characters. Can share outfits if same gender For a fresh look on old outfits
-Additional partner char.
-Can call self on unregistered character.
-Biggie, Extra compensations.(All tree resets and sometimes when maintenance other buggery compensation is per character not account,)
-Free trading between the two(When comparing it to two accounts)

cons
-Have to buy separate accessories if your concerned with that.
-Extreme passes are shared even though progress is not by account.
-Daily log ins(Fun, stamps, etc.) Per account. Not a con just a benefit lost compared to two accounts.

Walkure
May 5, 2014, 09:05 PM
More money(If you have the patience), you get more out of your play experience(If you try other classes), More everything, really.
If you're talking about using the extra characters to play other classes, then you got several other pros and cons.

Pros:
-Race stat preference
-No rebuilding setups for logging in and deciding to play X class

Additional cons:
-Can't progress on multiple mags at once. If you're even thinking about pure mags, this is a pretty big deal. If not, then whatever.
-Have to level HU multiple times if you're planning on splitting up classes by character. a RA or GU character will really want HU sub for double damage. A FO or TE character will want HU for TE/HU gameplay, FI for FO/FI and TE/FI if you're going with that, and BR for FO/BR using weak stance.
-If you're not willing to buy additional mags, then you'll be leveling up subs while pretty gimped. If you are, then you'll just run into the first problem, hard.
-Can't feed client orders to other classes to level them up while playing a main class.

It's seriously a lot of work to get any mileage out of class-specific characters, when on a single-character setup you can hit the ground running on any other class you decide to pick up.

AkumaYouji
May 5, 2014, 09:10 PM
so like, is meseta shared between characters on the same ship then as well?

Walkure
May 5, 2014, 09:34 PM
so like, is meseta shared between characters on the same ship then as well?
Basically.

You deposit and withdraw items and meseta inside the same storage/bank.

LordKaiser
May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM
Pros:

- Double COs.
- Double Falz runs (You kill Arms once with 1 character then switch to the other.)
- Double bingo rewards.
- Shared storage.
- Freedom to use different class builds and race.

Cons:
- Takes you more time to do things like leveling up etc.
- Having to complete mater board again and story mode if you want mater board temporary items.
- More AC and Meseta spending.
- re-do character specific COs again.

AkumaYouji
May 5, 2014, 11:14 PM
- Customization item Tickets (like hairstyles, accessories, etc...) are character locked (with the exception of Lobby Actions). Some are cheap, many are horrendously overpriced. Safe bet to say you will want the the expensive ones at some point (at which point, their already stupid high prices will be even higher cuz you waited too long).

off topic: Haha this x1000, i got a bow for my hair in the last AC scratch(From scratching it) that is worth 4 mil and its still released and the hairs/tickets that were released and are now retired are 10 mil minimum if not more, moral of the story if you want a ticket BUY IT WHEN ITS IN SCRATCH or prepare to pay ludicrous amounts for them. and dont even get me started on lobby actions (some are upwards around 50 mil on my ship)

omgwtflolbbl
May 6, 2014, 12:48 AM
Account-bound.

Damn, I started a second character with the assumption that extreme passes would be character specific. There goes that idea...

Daemon Gildas
May 6, 2014, 10:42 AM
Oh wow, I had no idea that stuff could get SO expensive! And really, there's no way to make money unless you're a subscriber, right? You can't even trade items to other players?

Hmm... in that case, maybe I'll just going to stick with the single character, and just have a female character for holding additional items, and equipping any female costumes I get...

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 10:47 AM
Oh wow, I had no idea that stuff could get SO expensive! And really, there's no way to make money unless you're a subscriber, right? You can't even trade items to other players?

Hmm... in that case, maybe I'll just going to stick with the single character, and just have a female character for holding additional items, and equipping any female costumes I get...

You can make money through the Client Orders that Klotho gives on the second floor of the lobby (red cowboy guy, hard to miss). They unlock as you unlock the areas that require the client orders. Unlocking higher difficulties will unlock client orders for the extra difficulties as well.

Most people only bother doing the Very Hard Orders and the Super Hard Order, because they net about 600,000 meseta a day total. That can add up over time, especially with multiple characters. It can feel like a chore after awhile though. It's recommended that you watch any Time Attack videos you can find and practice so that you can become more efficient at it yourself. Playing with other people will help as well.