PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay? or roleplay guilds?

Lunafall
May 6, 2014, 07:43 AM
Do they exist? O.o
If so where? ^_^;

Rhedrimond
May 6, 2014, 09:49 AM
Sure do! There are dedicated RP groups on ships 2 and 10, and we often collaborate on plots together. There are even some events planned for this Friday! Links to the PSOW group should be in my sig.

Vintasticvin
May 6, 2014, 11:15 AM
You might wanna be careful with ship 2... Some of their characters are beynd Sueing and Bs over powered God Mode. Only a small amount make their characters fair and believable but some of their campaigns as of late have been very confusing or makes no sense most of the time.

Rhedrimond
May 6, 2014, 12:17 PM
I've admittedly been away from the Ship 2 side for a while, but looking at the group page, there seems to be a consensus to tone down that kind of thing after such incidents. No use scaring off new folk, as we're generally a welcoming group, and many would be willing to help plan stories or RP most anytime!

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:36 PM
There are a lot of Japanese role playing teams on ship 7 that I've heard of, but unless you can speak jp, obviously it won't work :/

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 04:35 PM
People actually role play in this game? Well now I wish ship 9 had some. :(
I have only ever RPed in a game called Second Life before.

I can feel the pain of seeing too many sues, though. Like everyone wants to be the loveable one with speshul powerz, or the bad-ass one with even more speshul powerz, or they base it too much off a specific anime/game character. Then the few characters(if any) who don't have any special powers or desirable traits(moe included) end up being the unique ones lol...

Which is probably why I end up only RPing yaoi school life and slice of life settings nowadays.

schnee4
May 6, 2014, 09:34 PM
all ship RP except SHIP 2
stay far away from SHIP 2

pkemr4
May 6, 2014, 09:40 PM
oh boy....

Shinamori
May 6, 2014, 09:46 PM
Pfft RP. Never got why people are so into it.

Tomo-Kinji
May 6, 2014, 09:48 PM
I saw Clone Arks' gatherings somewhere. They did roleplaying as in-game npc and some funny names based on npc :-D Btw, they are japanese team from ship 2 so yeah ^^; No idea about other RP teams.

Sara-hime
May 6, 2014, 09:57 PM
I always play my characters based on how THEY would act and behave. Never done the whole RP group thing though. Maybe I should look more into this....sucks when your the only one in your circle of influence that does it. Most just put themselves in their characters and not let their characters be themselves. :-?

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 10:17 PM
Yeah behave according to how your character behaves, not self-insert to your character.

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 10:23 PM
I always play my characters based on how THEY would act and behave. Never done the whole RP group thing though. Maybe I should look more into this....sucks when your the only one in your circle of influence that does it. Most just put themselves in their characters and not let their characters be themselves. :-?

I agree, I've seen a lot of beginner role players make their character essentially the same as their real self, and often it ends up not working too well in certain situations.
That or they choose the "shy" type, and then nothing happens because the shy type is so popular in role play(anime ones at least), then nobody wants to initiate any conversations. xD

So I usually will create a character who can easily contrast and help the RP's diversity. I usually check with who is RPing to ask what their character is like before I start, so I can get a clue on what kind of character help out the most.
This means I rarely ever play shy/innocent characters, and I end up playing characters leaning towards lazy, snarky, or eccentric instead, but those are the most fun for me.

There are some in-game role plays I've seen where you aren't allowed to do anything out of the ordinary, which apparently means no villains, bullies, rivals, or plot at all.
You can't even break real life laws within it, including a speed limit for the cars(which is hard with lag spikes causing your car to fly up sometimes), and kid characters are more restricted than kids in The Sims. No brattiness, abuse, or sad orphan stories allowed, happy rich families only.

All of that realism, and yet everyone in that role play(the size of a small town) looked like they were related except my friend and I. The females were all tall tanned with huge butts/boobs, and the males were all tall tanned with beefy bodies and buzz cuts.

~_~

May 6, 2014, 11:56 PM
"Accretion" is a good rp guild

Alukard
May 7, 2014, 12:49 AM
"Accretion" is a good rp guild

Only elitist prick rp'ers are in that team. Everyone in there wants to be the main pony :-?

chaoko99
May 9, 2014, 05:00 PM
I roleplay kinda semi-sexy stuff with xenooffical in b6 s2