PDA

View Full Version : Braver Defining Feature?

Blazewind
May 6, 2014, 08:22 AM
My previous issues with logging into the game aside, I'm basically starting this game new with only minimal background experience in it and I was actually surprised when I logged back into the game to find a new race and starting class. Feeling curious, I ended up making a Human Braver and after playing awhile with it, I like the Braver class, but I kinda feel it's a bit strange as a class.

Other classes tend to have a defining feature or role when playing. Force carries the Magician Arch-Type in the game, Hunters are Melee fighters, Rangers are Ranged Fighters. What can be considered the Defining Feature of a Braver though? From what I've seen and played, I can use a Bow and a Katana, so it feels like an in between of a Hunter and a Ranger? At the same time though, it doesn't feel quite right to call it that since I feel like I played differently from my first character who was both a Hunter and a Ranger.

So that's basically my question. What makes a Braver stand out from other classes, aside of course, from being a badass wielding a Katana and Bow in a futuristic setting?

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 08:25 AM
What can be considered the Defining Feature of a Braver though?

Shunka.

Anyway, most people tend to pick either the bow or the katana (usually the latter). I rarely see people use both weapons on that class.

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 08:26 AM
Heterochromia iridum?

Blazewind
May 6, 2014, 08:34 AM
Hmmmn. So Aerial Mobility and Air Combos? I guess it does seem a little more smooth hitting someone with a Katana with the Sazanka skill. I do like using the bows as well though, particularly against Bosses since I sometimes get a little greedy with the Katana and get smacked out of the air when I fail to dodge in time.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 08:36 AM
All you need to know right now is braver is the most overpowered class by far, with gunner tagging behind at second place. Playing as a braver will make this game boring. So if you want a challenge. Don't play as braver. I intakill bosses in a matter of seconds with braver, it's pretty ridiculous.

Edit: all of the beginning photon art (or skills as you call it) are useless, you hafto get shunka shuntan which deals infinite damage at machine gun speed.
No one uses those PAs past lvl 20 , the only beginner pa that remains in use is Kanran kikyou for mob instakilling AOE 360 degrees
You can get shunka at level 40+ When you unlock very hard mode.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 08:39 AM
I was going to quote your post replacing braver with "shunka" and saying "fixed" at the end, but then I noticed you edited your own post. Heh.

Anyway, what infiniteeverlasting said... Shunka the game.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 08:47 AM
Braver's defining feature: Shunka-spam all day long

add that with orochi + black heart: Shunka + Burst damage all day long

DJcooltrainer
May 6, 2014, 08:48 AM
Shunka is great and all, but combat escape is what really sets them over the top. 25-ish seconds of invincibility with increased attack power? Not to mention the gear buff and counter attack. GG Sega.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 08:48 AM
To add on to the idea of how braver is OP, keep in mind that braver is the class that gets a shit ton of hate because it's so OP that it's causing massive unbalance in the game. So if you don't want hate, don't play as braver. I know people who won't throw revives for you if you're braver, because they think if you're playing as braver you're a skilless idiot who can only spam shunka and many there really shouldn't be a reason you're dying if you're playing as the most offensive intensive class in the game.

Blazewind
May 6, 2014, 08:49 AM
Well now I feel like an asshole for choosing to be a Braver out of curiosity.

._.

Well, at least you can class change. Although I already invested some SP into the Braver Class.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 08:50 AM
Shunka is great and all, but combat escape is what really sets them over the top. 30 seconds on invincibility with increased attack power? Not to mention the gear buff and counter attack. GG Sega.

20 seconds of invincibility + 5 seconds of combat finish i-frames to be exact

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 08:50 AM
Or, you could just not care what other people think and play whatever the hell you want.

Really, just play what you enjoy.

Yeah, it's pretty OP, but if you enjoy the way the class plays, then by all means go for it. This is a game after all, and having fun should be the top priority.

Just make sure you practice with whatever you decide to play as, so you're not such a liability to any parties you may play with (gear plays a nice role in this as well).

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 08:52 AM

._.

Well, at least you can class change. Although I already invested some SP into the Braver Class.

it doesn't really matter though, each class has their own sp

Dinosaur
May 6, 2014, 08:53 AM
What makes a Braver stand out from other classes, aside of course, from being a badass wielding a Katana and Bow in a futuristic setting?

- Balanced base stats all across the board, excelling in DEX
- Unique survival skills, such as 20 second godmode and HP recovery upon executing Just Reversal
- Stances boost all sources of damage, giving Braver synergy with every class in the game

Ezodagrom
May 6, 2014, 08:54 AM

._.

Each class has its own SP, the SP you use on Braver won't affect any of the other classes.
Also even though a specific katana PA is overpowered, you're not forced to use it (there's talks that it may be nerfed eventually also), you can play the class however you want. ^^;

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah, SP is tied to class. You level classes on this game, not characters, so any SP you gain will be tied to the class it's on.

SEGA occasionally hands out free skill tree reset passes whenever they make major changes to the skill trees.

Indignation Judgment
May 6, 2014, 08:57 AM
While braver is imbalanced, I believe sega actually meant it to become an hybrid class, with Braver mag being the signature skill.

But nobody would ever bother trying making a pure ABL mag when they can just grab a katana sub hu and

Shunka shunka
Shunka shunk
these magic words
may you use

And when the class got released while I went into bows, everyone was like 'OMG KATANA COMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATspam'. My gripe with the class is that either katanas need a nerf, or every other melee weapon needs a buff.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 08:59 AM

._.

LOL don't worry about that. Join the braver band wagon and slaughter mobs so fast that forces/all the othe classes cry tears of blood because they can't catch up to your godliness.

But seriously though, braver is Only crazy OP when you sub class hunter for fury stance which basically triples your damage. Well, hunter is the universal subclass, every class is sucky without subbing hunter for the damage boost, this is another prevailent problem right now, pretty much 90% of all classes rely on a braver sub for decent damage.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 09:02 AM
My gripe with the class is that either katanas need a nerf, or every other melee weapon needs a buff.

And nerf Fury Stance while they're at it by giving it less bonuses. Then maybe people can use the SP on other things and HU can stop being the best subclass for everything that isn't force. >_>

It would be a pretty simple fix if they would just buff regular damage and reduce the amount of bonuses on the Fury Stance tree.

DJcooltrainer
May 6, 2014, 09:03 AM
I mean, if you enjoy playing Braver, don't let the hate make you stop. Sega is in the process of re-balancing the classes, so it might not be so OP for long. We'll just have to wait and see what gets changed.

I suggest learning how to use kanran-kikyou and hatou-rindou, if you're using katana. There is a time and place for Shunka. There are also times when it's terribly unsafe, and not a good idea. (See a stack of bravers die in front of a tower in TD while spamming Shunka in the middle of a group of mobs? Yeah, those are the bravers people hate.) In those situations, those will be your other go-to skills.

And yeah, you'll probably spend most of your time using those 3 PAs. It is not really the most exciting class to play.

milranduil
May 6, 2014, 09:05 AM
You can get shunka at level 40+ When you unlock very hard mode.

Or he can just buy it from the shop for a whopping 20k and use it when he gets ~300 s-atk.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 09:06 AM
And nerf Fury Stance while they're at it by giving it less bonuses. Then maybe people can use the SP on other things and HU can stop being the best subclass for everything that isn't force. >_>

It would be a pretty simple fix if they would just buff regular damage and reduce the amount of bonuses on the Fury Stance tree.

Every other melee class will suck, specifically fighter. This is not the solution, and most of all TD would be even harder to succeed with all the b20ians.

Indignation Judgment
May 6, 2014, 09:06 AM

All they have to do is add a 'Only works while mainclass' clause. It would limit very heavily the options to certain weapons with certa ncrappy potentials.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 09:07 AM

and what? make hu even less viable to use? I don't think that's a good idea at all, especially when other classes like fi needs hu

DJcooltrainer
May 6, 2014, 09:09 AM
All they have to do is add a 'Only works while mainclass' clause. It would limit very heavily the options to certain weapons with certa ncrappy potentials.

Then all of us who spec Hu/Br with an all-class katana will continue smashing face?

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 09:10 AM
Then all of us who spec Hu/Br with an all-class katana will continue smashing face?

inb4katanacombat mainclass only

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 09:11 AM

Don't mind.

Daiyousei
May 6, 2014, 09:14 AM
The funny thing is how my usage of katana combat and blocking dropped off when combat escape came out and I've turned into the sort of evasion braver. I try to correct that so I can at least get some katana gear going but instinct to dodge always took priority. I might not even go for combat escape when I reset my tree, since I don't really use it much and the extra invincibility is taking points I could use elsewhere.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 09:16 AM
and what? make hu even less viable to use? I don't think that's a good idea at all, especially when other classes like fi needs hu

No. That's not what I'm saying at all.

Hunter as a sub should still be better for damage yes, but right now the difference between playing a hybrid and a pure class with hunter as a sub is too steep.

Basically, I just want hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed. They don't need to do as much damage as a class with hunter subbed, but it should be enough damage to warrant actually playing a hybrid and still keeping up with decent DPS.

And for the record, I do play FI/HU.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 09:24 AM
No. That's not what I'm saying at all.

Hunter as a sub should still be better for damage yes, but right now the difference between playing a hybrid and a pure class with hunter as a sub is too steep.

Basically, I just want hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed. They don't need to do as much damage as a class with hunter subbed, but it should be enough damage to warrant actually playing a hybrid and still keeping up with decent DPS.

Br/Ra comes to mind, had one tree built for weak stance + very few sp placed on kata combat, braver mag 5, and rapid fire + rapid shoot up 1 & 2, and step related skills

while giving ra tree some weak hit advances and weak bullet, i was able to dish decent damage and stayed in the top 3 rankings of base invasion/defense EQs

DJcooltrainer
May 6, 2014, 09:32 AM

That honestly wouldn't be the WORST thing in the world. It'd at least free up enough points for me to actually max Average and Weak stance at the same time. Minus the critical skills, obviously. Might be fun to carry a Susano Guren and Helen Blathin at the same time.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 09:36 AM
Br/Ra comes to mind, had one tree built for weak stance + very few sp placed on kata combat, braver mag 5, and rapid fire + rapid shoot up 1 & 2, and step related skills

while giving ra tree some weak hit advances and weak bullet, i was able to dish decent damage and stayed in the top 3 rankings of base invasion/defense EQs

I probably should have been more clear. I'm referring moreso to nerfing the S-ATK bonus on Fury's Tree while buffing melee damage on other classes.

I'm aware ranger is a good sub. I still play GU/RA to this day and do excellent damage on weakspots.

It would just be nice if a combo like FI/FO for example had some decent physical damage output. I come from the days of PSO 1, and it was nice having things like resta while doing some decent damage against enemies with melee weapons.

Having that kind of variety on this game would be lovely.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 09:52 AM
I probably should have been more clear. I'm referring moreso to nerfing the S-ATK bonus on Fury's Tree while buffing melee damage on other classes.

I'm aware ranger is a good sub. I still play GU/RA to this day and do excellent damage on weakspots.

It would just be nice if a combo like FI/FO for example had some decent physical damage output. I come from the days of PSO 1, and it was nice having things like resta while doing some decent damage against enemies with melee weapons.

Having that kind of variety on this game would be lovely.

honestly, it still doesn't help remedy Hu's unreliability, and would probably make Hu builds into something like Hu/Br + average stance or Hu/Fi + Brave stance.

I was just saying that as a hybrid class since you said you wanted "hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed."

I can't say much about the last part because i did not play fo (it's still sitting at lvl 1)

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 09:54 AM
Okay, let's talk Bravers.

I enjoy face-smashing 40k minimum in your face Shunkalunka damage that I literally one Shunka 65 Wolgadas with WB on. That's 200k x2 end damage with Katana Gear/Heaven's Divide on. Now they blame it on Hunters being the bestest subclass ever.

How can SEGA fix this? Remove the r-atk damage from Fury Stance and transfer it to Gunner's Showtime!™ or Ranger's Weak Bullet™ to increase Range classes facesmashing ability without having to resort to an otherworldly S-atk oriented Subclass like Hunter.

Now Bravers Average Stance/Weak Stance can be the bestest all-rounder subclass ever.

As for blocking, if you ain't blocking/countering with Bravers, you're probably doing it wrong.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 09:55 AM
honestly, it still doesn't help remedy Hu's unreliability, and would probably make Hu builds into something like Hu/Br + average stance or Hu/Fi + Brave stance.

I was just saying that as a hybrid class since you said you wanted "hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed."

I can't say much about the last part because i did not play fo (it's still sitting at lvl 1)

Yeah, I want hybrid classes to be able to "keep up", not do more physical damage than with a HU sub or make a hunter sub completely invalid. Obviously a hunter sub should do more melee damage, that's just common-sense. But there's nothing wrong with a different class combination doing adequate damage. Variety is always a good thing in games, it adds more gameplay and replayability.

Hunter will probably always be an unstable class though. SEGA has one hell of a huge boner for it, so I'd be surprised if they did any major changes like this.

Anyway, this topic has probably derailed enough. I think the OP got their answer by now.

Long story short, play what you want and have fun. There are a lot of imbalances on this game, and many differences of opinion in how they should be fixed. Some people may even look down on you for playing a class like Braver because of how stupidly over-powered it is at the moment. In the end though, it's just a game, and like I stated earlier, having fun is what should matter most. So Blazewind, if you decide to play braver or not player braver, do it because you wanted to or didn't want to play it, not because of what other people may think or have said.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I want hybrid classes to be able to "keep up", not do more damage or make a hunter sub completely invalid. Obviously a hunter sub should do more melee damage, that's just common-sense. But there's nothing wrong with a different class combination doing adequate damage. Variety is always a good thing in games, it adds more gameplay and replayability.

Hunter will probably always be an unstable class though. SEGA has one hell of a huge boner for it, so I'd be surprised if they did any major changes like this.

and in my view, that's what Br/Ra is, an SR-ATTker that's well rounded in damage in both sections of S & R, burning PP down on bow with million arrows/last nemesis with banishing arrow or ARs using satellite cannon, and end it with katana combat's finisher for melee (lovely damage as well when Orochi with black heart is used)

really? from sega's treatment of them, i'd say that they hate hunter's guts

Indignation Judgment
May 6, 2014, 10:02 AM
How can SEGA fix this? Remove the r-atk damage from Fury Stance and transfer it to Gunner's Showtime!™ or Ranger's Weak Bullet™ to increase Range classes facesmashing ability without having to resort to an otherworldly S-atk oriented Subclass like Hunter.

This doesn't fix the problem(except for RaHu), but actually further worsens it. Gunner can do so much just because of Stylish Roll, but on the other hand you would be defaulting to GuRa and giving them the same damage boosts and WB, instead of choosing.

This isn't the problem with Br/Hu. it ccan fully use bows as per the same rule as RaHu, but katanas just go faster. The only way of overshadowing this is to polarise into Br/Ra for the ranged exclusive multipliers and WB. And even then I'm sure Shunka would deal massive damage.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 10:02 AM
Braver's two stances was supposed to be the all rounder subclass skill. Hunters are in no way should contain an R-atk bonus in Fury Stance.

Indignation Judgment
May 6, 2014, 10:04 AM
I concur with the Ratk bonus deletion, but not actually ok with trasnferring it. In the given example it would just make everyone bandwagon into GuRa.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 10:04 AM
and in my view, that's what Br/Ra is, an SR-ATTker that's well rounded in damage in both sections of S & R, burning PP down on bow with million arrows/last nemesis with banishing arrow or ARs using satellite cannon, and end it with katana combat's finisher for melee (lovely damage as well when Orochi with black heart is used)

really? from sega's treatment of them, i'd say that they hate hunter's guts

They certainly love it being a subclass.

Anyway, ranger is a decent sub since it's based on hitting weak points. So naturally, it would work well with braver considering the fact that braver has a skill that increases damage on weak points. I'd personally hardly call it a hybrid at that point.

FI/FO would be a true hybrid (if you preferred to stick strictly to melee and used techniques for only support), since they don't really have anything to do with each other. The kind of variety I want is actually feeling like I'm playing two classes in one. In this case, efficiently meleeing enemies, and being able to support myself with things like resta or shifta.

I suppose you could argue that BR/RA is a hybrid since you can use other weapons like guns efficiently with it, but it only works so well since the two actually compliment each other because of their weakspot bonuses.

I really just want to stop standing there drinking mates for several seconds... At least with resta I can actually walk. But then my melee damage has to suck. >_>

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 10:07 AM
I concur with the Ratk bonus deletion, but not actually ok with trasnferring it. In the given example it would just make everyone bandwagon into GuRa.

They should just give the R-atk bonus to Techers then. Just kidding.

Although if WB had the R-atk bonus, then Shunka/Bow Bravers would be a thing.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 10:12 AM
Unlike most, I think the range bonus on fury stance is fine.

I also think RA/HU being viable is fine.

What I don't think is fine is that WHA doesn't work on any striking or any techs at all.

Sega has established an irritating system of double standards: Every striking multiplier works for ranged or tech (or both), but no ranged or tech multiplier works for anything but itself, with only the exception of Element Weak Hit.

That is the problem. RA/HU should work how it does, albeit with reduced bonus. But at the same time, HU/RA should work for hunters who combo standstill PAs like Over End and Other Spin, and want to carry Weak Bullet. HU/GU should work for hunters who only use close range PAs and want another aggro skill. GU/FO with a fire FO tree should work for gunners with fire element mechguns that also want to recover PP during Heel Stab.

Sega's mistake isn't making subclassing striking on a non-striking class good, it's making subclassing everything else bad. Variety was what made PSO1 such an enthralling success and a lack of variety is what's limiting this game. It always has been and it will continue to be unless they rectify this. They're making amateur hour mistakes I and anyone with any amount of RPG experience could have prevented on the drawing board.

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 10:15 AM
Variety was what made PSO1 such an enthralling success and a lack of variety is what's limiting this game.

Indeed. If this game had more class combo variety I'd probably play it far more than I do now. It'd be a thing of beauty seeing all the different kinds of combinations out there during MPA's. Instead we have games where 8/12 people are playing the exact same things.

It wouldn't be such a problem if the focus wasn't entirely on killing as fast as possible all the time. But this entire game is basically a time attack game. I only wish that melee damage was better in general because I feel it would at least make people play different combinations more often. Right now, having hunter as a sub is SO much better that most people can't imagine subbing anything else the majority of the time.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 10:18 AM
Instead we have games where 8/12 people are playing the exact same things.

Braver. braver. braver. gunner.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 10:24 AM
Braver. braver. braver. gunner.

when unlucky: Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu

slowest SH falz (hands) run i've ever had

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 10:25 AM
when lucky: Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu

Fastest SH falz (hands) run i've ever had

Fixed.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 10:28 AM
Fixed.

Can you seriously just stop being such a precum licking braver fanboy already?

Yeah yeah yeah, you're ~15 years old~, but at 15 I doubt half the people here acted nearly as immature as you are. That's not an excuse, stop trying to make it one.

obsexed
May 6, 2014, 10:30 AM
i feel like everything is fine now with the new hunter and ranger buffs along with the new skills and PAs.. so i dont see why people still hate on katana bravers saying theres still unbalance.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 10:32 AM
when unlucky: Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu , Br/Hu, Br/Hu

slowest SH falz (hands) run i've ever had

It is only slow when 8/12 of those Bravers are using Blue Katanas. Hell, you're an Orochi Agito user. You should know that an above average-geared braver can solo one falz hand with WB on. 10 seconds.

Blazewind
May 6, 2014, 10:36 AM
Yeow. I'm glad this topic seems popular at least, but since I'm a newbie, I don't understand half of what is being said.

^_^;;;

I'll be sure to do some research on class gameplay, but in the mean time, I might just go back to being a Hunter. Katanas are cool, but I remember loving using Wire Lances.

Rien
May 6, 2014, 10:37 AM
It is only slow when 8/12 of those Bravers are using Blue Katanas. Hell, you're an Orochi Agito user. You should know that an above average-geared braver can solo one falz hand with WB on. 10 seconds.

How?

I have 50 element/2100 ish satk and I hit 135k x2 with Shunka's finisher.

Unless that's still average, but I'm using weak stance...

Aine
May 6, 2014, 10:38 AM
i feel like everything is fine now with the new hunter and ranger buffs along with the new skills and PAs.. so i dont see why people still hate on katana bravers saying theres still unbalance.

unfortunately forces broke the game again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlETg1nqKgg)

DeificEpyon
May 6, 2014, 10:39 AM
Yeow. I'm glad this topic seems popular at least, but since I'm a newbie, I don't understand half of what is being said.

^_^;;;

I'll be sure to do some research on class gameplay, but in the mean time, I might just go back to being a Hunter. Katanas are cool, but I remember loving using Wire Lances.

That was probably my fault when I mentioned fury stance. Sorry about that. Anyway try out all the classes and just play what you like. :-)

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 10:41 AM

yeah, except that it was when i didn't have all of those great katanas that i do now and had a コウゴンギン +10 instead, and we had no WBs since like i mentioned before, because nobody could use it. overall it took around 7 minutes to clear because the damage done by me was around 5000~10000 (+100k at end of KC finisher) and the others were either dying or spamming sakura end, hatou and/or shunka

obsexed
May 6, 2014, 10:47 AM
actually no, forces aren't broken he's using a fire element PA along with a fire boost latent from the weapon.. to me atleast that is equal to the other classes

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 10:51 AM
Can you seriously just stop being such a precum licking braver fanboy already?

Yeah yeah yeah, you're ~15 years old~, but at 15 I doubt half the people here acted nearly as immature as you are. That's not an excuse, stop trying to make it one.

Hey hey, is it not alright to correct othe people's bias? Calm down and stop using foul language.

As for other kids my age... Let's not talk about that.

Limbo_lag
May 6, 2014, 10:53 AM
I was playing BR before combat escape and shunka became a thing. For me, katanas are fun to play, don't care so much about all the "omg OP" stuff going on here. Just play whatever you enjoy.

That being said, I hate shunka. Mechanically its a terrible PA, but we're often forced to use it for the sheer damage it does. Get some practice with HR and kanran, and maybe even sakura endo before you try shunka, otherwise you'll end up spamming it like everyone else.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 10:58 AM
Hey hey, is it not alright to correct othe people's bias? Calm down and stop using foul language.

and just what are you trying to correct? and how is it that what i say is biased?

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 10:59 AM

^_^;;;

Go ahead and play whatever the hell you want. Its not this forums' right to dictate whatever you want to play as. Braver is powerful, but is a one trick pony. If you like that, go ahead. If you get bored, you're not limited to one option.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 11:00 AM

"wah wah wah language" - The straw everyone grabs for when they're out of anything else worth shit all to say. I get that shit about twice a month.

The least you could do is dig in instead of trying to ineffectually deflect it.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:01 AM
and just what are you trying to correct? and how is it that what i say is biased?

Now please tell me how braver's who output the most damage make mpa falz slower? It makes no sense but only proves that braver hate. Not all braver's are b20ians and not all b20ians are bravers.

Giga, you're 30, act your age and stop fighting with little highschoolers, you know an "adult" knows how to ignore. If you truly think such actions are immature, then shouldn't you play the more mature role of "ignoring", in reality, all you're doing is stooping down to "my level".

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 11:10 AM
Now please tell me how braver's who output the most damage make mpa falz slower? It makes no sense but only proves that braver hate. Not all braver's are b20ians and not all b20ians are bravers.

wow that bias, i love braver but that doesn't mean that i can't or won't criticize it.

hm lets see, people rarely used KC, spammed nothing but shunka and sometimes running into hand smash and died, i was averagely equipped, and didn't have shunka so i went with hien lvl 10 -> Asagiri rendan lvl 10 > Sakura End lvl 10, doing only 1k per lmb, and 5k~10k per PA, so that wasn't exactly "fun" as it lasted for 7 minutes

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 11:11 AM
To quote an old post:

Being a 15-year-old or a 40-year-old is no excuse to not having good diplomatic/etiquette/logical skills whether it's in the real world or the virtual/internet world.

i.e you're full of shit and you don't even realize it.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 11:13 AM
Hey, I've always posted on topic and never argued outside of it.

Lets be civil.

Skyly HUmar
May 6, 2014, 11:14 AM

Because no matter how op a class is, things go very slow when people suck at playing it. I mean, before braver came out gunners were the most "invincible" class with the roll, but you still saw them dropping like moths on a bug zapper. Obviously the people he was with were either dicking around or just genuinely sucked for one reason or another.

Hey, I've always posted on topic and never argued outside of it.

Lets be civil.

lol psow civil

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:15 AM
wow that bias, i love braver but that doesn't mean that i can't or won't criticize it.

hm lets see, people rarely used KC, spammed nothing but shunka and sometimes running into hand smash and died, i was averagely equipped, and didn't have shunka so i went with hien lvl 10 -> Asagiri rendan lvl 10 > Sakura End lvl 10, doing only 1k per lmb, and 5k~10k per PA, so that wasn't exactly "fun" as it lasted for 7 minutes

Well, shunka age is a little different. I just don't like to see so much braver hate. To me it seems like b20 and shunka braver are stapled together terminology.

Sure braver makes the game easy, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of good braver's out there.

Z-0
May 6, 2014, 11:16 AM
actually no, forces aren't broken he's using a fire element PA along with a fire boost latent from the weapon.. to me atleast that is equal to the other classes
That's not the point of the video.

The point is that Julius Nifta does well over 30,000 damage as a fully T-Atk spec'd forces, which makes them better than any other class at the bursting, so far and ahead that all efficient games will be all FO. Julius Nifta also has the largest suction range ever (eg: first room of Nab2 Tundra can be grabbed by a Julius that spawns in the corner of that room), allowing Ilfoie to destroy spawns that may not get a one shot.

Here is a more accurate video done by a weak force in VH Desert AQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc7CIstheQ

Mysterious-G
May 6, 2014, 11:16 AM
But if Braver didn't exist, those players would just flock to the next best class and suck equally bad at it. It's not the class' fault per se, even if the problem persists.

Daiyousei
May 6, 2014, 11:18 AM

I facepalmed when I saw a braver literally shunka a slapping arm head on, I saved him from death by kazaning a finger and breaking it to stagger.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 11:18 AM
I can justify that a party of bad bravers with no ranger WB can indeed make a falz arm run real slow. But that's not always the case right?

Nowadays people run with 剣影 [Kenkage] and really, with cap 70 I fail to see how players CAN fail to overpower a boss such as Falz.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 11:20 AM

Giga, you're 30, act your age and stop fighting with little highschoolers, you know an "adult" knows how to ignore. If you truly think such actions are immature, then shouldn't you play the more mature role of "ignoring", in reality, all you're doing is stooping down to "my level".

If you think the hyperbole of associating all B20 players with shitty bravers is accidental or unintended you're missing the point like thrown shoes miss dubya.

I'm not even close to 30, but you're free to keep guessing - and if you think age defines behaviors, or if ignoring someone or something is somehow in any way shape or form a mature behavior, you're way off base. Going around bleating about being in highschool as a defense for acting like a fucking infant has to be some of the dumbest shit I've ever read on PSOW, and I read Inazuma's autobiography post so that's really making a statement.

WildarmsRE5
May 6, 2014, 11:20 AM
Now please tell me how braver's who output the most damage make mpa falz slower? It makes no sense but only proves that braver hate.yes, the damage is something other classes can't catch up on, but it is really that fun spamming ONE SINGLE PA AND SKILL, OVER AND OVER?

this is where everyone's losing their shit on. they have different opinions about the most damaging class being the most fun class.

excuse me, I need to *Spin Spin*
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ZAqq2Nk.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 11:21 AM
I facepalmed when I saw a braver literally shunka a slapping arm head on, I saved him from death by kazaning a finger and breaking it to stagger.

can we rename shunka to leeroy jenkins now? XD, because it's always funny to see when people shunka into attacks, even i do it from time to time XD

Skyly HUmar
I can justify that a party of bad bravers with no ranger WB can indeed make a falz arm run real slow. But that's not always the case right?

Nowadays people run with 剣影 [Kenkage] and really, with cap 70 I fail to see how players CAN fail to overpower a boss such as Falz.

I failed to see how me as a hunter main could be faster than 3 forces back in VH aq, but thats a mystery too huh? lol. Never underestimate how bad people can be (not that i hate them for it, everyone enjoys the game differently), there will always be people that can only succeed through piggybacking.

infiniteeverlasting

Falz has always been one of the easier bosses, he's so predictable I don't see how you can't tell when he's about to put out his arm for you to cut off.

FerrickX
May 6, 2014, 11:24 AM
Falz has always been one of the easier bosses, he's so predictable I don't see how you can't tell when he's about to put out his arm for you to cut off.

because there are always cases where bad players appear

but in other days, falz elder is no different than the black knight from Monty Python

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 11:24 AM
/thread

Daiyousei
May 6, 2014, 11:26 AM

During arms he also "tells" you what attack he will do next way ahead of time.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:27 AM
If you think the hyperbole of associating all B20 players with shitty bravers is accidental or unintended you're missing the point like thrown shoes miss dubya.

I'm not even close to 30, but you're free to keep guessing - and if you think age defines behaviors, or if ignoring someone or something is somehow in any way shape or form a mature behavior, you're way off base. Going around bleating about being in highschool as a defense for acting like a fucking infant has to be some of the dumbest shit I've ever read on PSOW, and I read Inazuma's autobiography post so that's really making a statement.

Guessing game? Sure thing.
Let's just say, hypothetically, that you are a 25 yr old failure to launch in your parent's basement playing dark souls and pso2. What would be the worth of your "divine judgement" then? Going out to judge others for your own self asteem is not good giga.

Z-0
May 6, 2014, 11:28 AM
If someone is a 25 year old "failure" in their parents' basement, would it really matter? On the internet, that stuff isn't important.

Walkure
May 6, 2014, 11:29 AM

The point is that Julius Nifta does well over 30,000 damage as a fully T-Atk spec'd forces, which makes them better than any other class at the bursting, so far and ahead that all efficient games will be all FO. Julius Nifta also has the largest suction range ever (eg: first room of Nab2 Tundra can be grabbed by a Julius that spawns in the corner of that room), allowing Ilfoie to destroy spawns that may not get a one shot.

VH??????? ??? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc7CIstheQ)
What the fuck is this game.

I was going to ask on why you were talking about Julius Nifta in another thread, but this pretty much sums it up.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 11:29 AM
I failed to see how me as a hunter main could be faster than 3 forces back in VH aq, but thats a mystery too huh? lol. Never underestimate how bad people can be (not that i hate them for it, everyone enjoys the game differently), there will always be people that can only succeed through piggybacking.

Yeah I mained hunter too. Its a beast when used right, especially now that fury gear can buff swords to higher damages. Can play defensively and offensively, and is not a one trick pony. Whats not to like?

Nowadays I just do what I can. If people like to buy lobby actions and costumes/accessories and still have the guts to wave around that Blue Katana ex3 on Average stance doing 6k per Shunka, then be my guest, I say. I'm not the underpowered one there, and it is my duty to at least deal what the others fail to inflict on the boss. And I gotta do it fast so I can skip that party and join another one (by delaying myself from re-taking the falz arm quest).

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 11:30 AM
It's funny how he's desperately trying to avoid the fact that age has nothing to do with sense of logic, especially on message boards.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:30 AM
If someone is a 25 year old "failure" in their parents' basement, would it really matter? On the internet, that stuff isn't important.

Yea probably, for all you know I may be a 40 yr old spying on the forums for some nice 18 yr old females. LOL But let's not talk about that.

as for falz, is that what he's always grumbling about in Japanese? "Hey guys I'm going to get up real close now so you can hit my core!"

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 11:35 AM
Guessing game? Sure thing.
Let's just say, hypothetically, that you are a 25 yr old failure to launch in your parent's basement playing dark souls and pso2. What would be the worth of your "divine judgement" then? Going out to judge others for your own self asteem is not good giga.

Still no, and still no, and still no.

I don't swat flies for my self esteem, I swat flies because they're a goddamn nuisance.

Also I can't imagine how you think that if I'm telling you that your real life status doesn't dictate your behavior, you seem to think that a reasonable followup is to say things about me in real life. I mean, the disconnect there is hilarious. "Your real life doesn't mean you should be doing..." "YEAH BUT IN REAL LIFE YOU'RE FAT AND UGLY AND YOU HAVE A NECKBEARD AND"

Please, you act like I've never been insulted on the internet.

Kietsu
May 6, 2014, 11:40 AM
What the fuck is this game.

Going to have to go with this one. Julius N was always one of my favourites (though more for having delicious synergy with Wand Gear) but it's basically godtier now.
(Edit: And the absolute best-looking Mag in the game gets it by default!)

Back on track: I guess the idea with Braver was a timing-based class. You've got the parry (my favourite feature, really), just about every bow PA requires a charge (meaning optimal DPS requires you to learn the exact charge times), a lot of Katana PAs use that charge ring thing (which is super forgiving but hey) and even Katana Combat kind of wants you to do it as last-second as possible for maximum damage

(granted, SHUNKA SHUUUUUNRAHHHHHNNNN does more damage per use than the combat finisher right now, but the devs say they finally noticed certain things in the game are imba so hey who knows maybe they'll do something right for the first time in years.)

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:44 AM
Still no, and still no, and still no.

I don't swat flies for my self esteem, I swat flies because they're a goddamn nuisance.

Also I can't imagine how you think that if I'm telling you that your real life status doesn't dictate your behavior, you seem to think that a reasonable followup is to say things about me in real life. I mean, the disconnect there is hilarious. "Your real life doesn't mean you should be doing..." "YEAH BUT IN REAL LIFE YOU'RE FAT AND UGLY AND YOU HAVE A NECKBEARD AND"

Please, you act like I've never been insulted on the internet.

Yeap, I can see you how you learned from those enemies on the internet. Well, this is the internet why do you care so much about virtual flies?

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 11:45 AM
Stop arguing for once. I know you guys are rabu-rabu for each other, but lets keep it in our pants shall we?

Walkure
May 6, 2014, 11:48 AM
Going to have to go with this one. Julius N was always one of my favourites (though more for having delicious synergy with Wand Gear) but it's basically godtier now.
(Edit: And the absolute best-looking Mag in the game gets it by default!
Before this gets nerfed (is it getting hotfixed this maint?) I'm gonna have to set my mouse to toggle spam my mag hotkey, and AFK in the middle of an AQ/SHAQ run while hyper-carrying.

I think I'll play Monster Hunter when that's going on.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 11:49 AM
Yeap, I can see you how you learned from those enemies on the internet. Well, this is the internet why do you care so much about virtual flies?

If you'd stop converting virtually every single thread you post in to be about braver or katana, when nobody else had even been talking about it much if at all, I wouldn't give half a shit what you do. Lots of idiots say stupid shit all the time here, but at least they mix it up a little.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 11:54 AM
If you'd stop converting virtually every single thread you post in to be about braver or katana, when nobody else had even been talking about it much if at all, I wouldn't give half a shit what you do. Lots of idiots say stupid shit all the time here, but at least they mix it up a little.

Hmmmmm let's take a look at this thread... "Braver defining feature" .....
Yea.

Walkure
May 6, 2014, 11:56 AM
Guys. GUYS!

There's videos of a Perpetual Bursting Machine generating infinite EXP and loot, and you're arguing about flies and bravers.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I agree. I wanted to try that AFK grinding machine too.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:05 PM
Hmmmmm let's take a look at this thread... "Braver defining feature" .....
Yea.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3129306

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3126493

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3126445

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3124752

A quick forum search and the first four clicks yielded these. There are many more.

You licking braver's salty nuts in threads already about braver is just as annoying though. Yes, a run with pure shitfit bravers can be a disaster, very easily in fact. Braver is not a win button class, it never was. It's the class that requires the least effort, but that doesn't mean shit when someone is fucking terrible.

Quoting a post saying getting 12 bravers is unlucky, and changing "unlucky" to "lucky" is just as much of an nonsensical and noncontributory annoyance as once again trying to derail a thread because you're not clever enough to understand other classes or weapons.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:15 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3129306

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3126493

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3126445

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3124752

A quick forum search and the first four clicks yielded these. There are many more.

You licking braver's salty nuts in threads already about braver is just as annoying though. Yes, a run with pure shitfit bravers can be a disaster, very easily in fact. Braver is not a win button class, it never was. It's the class that requires the least effort, but that doesn't mean shit when someone is fucking terrible.

Quoting a post saying getting 12 bravers is unlucky, and changing "unlucky" to "lucky" is just as much of an nonsensical and noncontributory annoyance as once again trying to derail a thread because you're not clever enough to understand other classes or weapons.

Well,
1. You're very dedicated and seem to have LOTS of time on your hands for this.
2. Do you even have a job?
3. I could do the same for you when you talk about "bad language" what you are doing is nothing different.
4. Quick forum search?? Naaaaah you spent time alright, you actually care

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 12:16 PM
Ah I give up. I am too old for this shit.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:17 PM
Well,
1. You're very dedicated and seem to have LOTS of time on your hands for this.
3. I could do the same for you when you talk about "bad language" what you are doing is nothing different.
4. Quick forum search?? Naaaaah you spent time alright, you actually care

Again with the real life shit? Again with the profanity shit? Trying to attack someone based on whether or not they care?

Damn this is some Baby's First Forum shit.

edit:

Ah I give up. I am too old for this shit.

He's been asked nicely to stop. Then he was asked crudely to stop. This is just another followup from just another person.

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 12:21 PM
I can see points flying over his head all day.

He's stayed inside his shell for too long.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:24 PM
Again with the real life shit? Again with the profanity shit? Trying to attack someone based on whether or not they care?

Damn this is some Baby's First Forum shit.

edit:

He's been asked nicely to stop. Then he was asked crudely to stop. This is just another followup from just another person.

Veteran forummer? Nah I'm not, but you obviously believe in this elitist attitude of yours. Being on a forum longer does not give you the right to constantly bash others on this forum 24/7 don't make me do my own "quick" forum search to prove to you the level of judging you do everyday in pso-w.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:27 PM
edit:

Lol stop pretending like you're not part of this insanity.

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 12:29 PM
I don't even.

Did he just

interpret it that way?

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:34 PM
Veteran forummer? Nah I'm not, but you obviously believe in this elitist attitude of yours. Being on a forum longer does not give you the right to constantly bash others on this forum 24/7 don't make me do my own "quick" forum search to prove to you the level of judging you do everyday in pso-w.

Lol stop pretending like you're not part of this insanity.

Elitist? Do people still throw that e-SJW-wannabe buzzword around? I said being on a forum longer gives someone the right to bash people? I'm not Hrith, I don't believe shit like that. If I did I would've tried to recover the account I made in 2005.

No, I said you're making novice infantile moves, like making attacks on someone's person instead of their points. You say I have no job and I live in my parents' basement in response to being told you need to stop derailing threads and constantly going on about how super great one single class is.

If you think the search interface is complex I fear for your future. Now you're even double posting for whatever inane reason, presumably because it's just so goddamn urgent that you try to come up with a winning retort.

I get that you want to frantically defend yourself tooth and nail regardless of whatever it is that's being discussed because you can't stomach the idea of being in anything but the right, but you need to get off it. You're a human being, and you can be wrong, just like the rest of us. Cut it the fuck out.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:40 PM
How come you sound like the typical American lawyer in the American law system where, it's all about how you say it and not what's really right , well in the end we all stick to our own "morals" so whatever you think is right is up to you to enforce. Let's just agree to disagree at this point, because now you've gone to such high levels as to analyze someone's psyche over a video game forum thread. Not the most accurate I can say.

holmwood
May 6, 2014, 12:41 PM

Woah dude, you shouldn't say that....

Search function does suck though.

Xaelouse
May 6, 2014, 12:42 PM
Guys. GUYS!

There's videos of a Perpetual Bursting Machine generating infinite EXP and loot, and you're arguing about flies and bravers.

just gonna quote this, but I do enjoy the braver humper finally getting told. That shit is a little annoying.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:44 PM
Woah dude, you shouldn't say that....

Search function does suck though.

Lol yes, I definitely went overboard with that statement. It may have been a serious problem for him irl especially during these times. Very sensitive topic :/.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:48 PM
I don't see anything unusual about Julius Nifta, just Sega throwing big numbers at something because nobody used it before and then not testing it to see what it'd be like in actual practice. Business as usual.

How come you sound like the typical American lawyer in the American law system

because

well in the end we all stick to our own "morals"

Let's just agree to disagree at this point, because now you've gone to such high levels as to analyze someone's psyche over a video game forum thread. Not the most accurate I can say.
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree if you actually stop trying to derail every second random thread you post in. I don't care about beliefs, I care about actions.

As for the psychoanalysis, it wasn't meant to be accurate - it was meant to have an effect. Which it looks like it just might have.

And, yes, regarding being jobless: That is one of many topics you shouldn't haphazardly go into. Things like that are touchy for a lot of people, especially as of late.

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 12:54 PM
I don't see anything unusual about Julius Nifta, just Sega throwing big numbers at something because nobody used it before and then not testing it to see what it'd be like in actual practice. Business as usual.

because

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree if you actually stop trying to derail every second random thread you post in. I don't care about beliefs, I care about actions.

As for the psychoanalysis, it wasn't meant to be accurate - it was meant to have an effect. Which it looks like it just might have.

And, yes, regarding being jobless: That is one of many topics you shouldn't haphazardly go into. Things like that are touchy for a lot of people, especially as of late.

Well let's just shake hands on this and that's the end of it, I don't want us to end up as the new zitzo x btw-niji forever.

Kikikiki
May 6, 2014, 12:57 PM
And the next topic is going to get derailed again.

And nothing was gained in the process.

Calling it.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:57 PM
Well let's just shake hands on this and that's the end of it, I don't want us to end up as the new zitzo x btw-niji forever.

That wasn't going to happen anyway.

WildarmsRE5
May 6, 2014, 01:02 PM
And the next topic is going to get derailed again.

And nothing was gained in the process.

Calling it.If the guy WOULD just play other classes to UNDERSTAND "other classes"

. . .
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/WZ3eRQt.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Walkure
May 6, 2014, 01:21 PM
Excuse me, I believe you guys don't realize that this topic is now about Julius Nifta and the Never-Ending Bursting. Please don't go off the new topic, kthx

Is Braver a Julius Nifta?

Nope.

Is Infiniteeverlasting and his posts a Julius Nifta?

Nope.

Am I a Julius Nifta?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/jsDYO3I.png[/spoiler-box]

YUP.

obsexed
May 6, 2014, 01:31 PM

oh well there goes Force :-?

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 01:35 PM
Excuse me, I believe you guys don't realize that this topic is now about Julius Nifta and the Never-Ending Bursting. Please don't go off the new topic, kthx

Is Braver a Julius Nifta?

Nope.

Is Infiniteeverlasting and his posts a Julius Nifta?

Nope.

Am I a Julius Nifta?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/jsDYO3I.png[/spoiler-box]

YUP.

Please show me what you can do with all of those arms.

Alukard
May 6, 2014, 01:52 PM
1o/1o thread. Please continue.

Blazewind
May 6, 2014, 01:57 PM
My my. This sure went crazy quickly. ^_^;;;

infiniteeverlasting
May 6, 2014, 02:54 PM
My my. This sure went crazy quickly. ^_^;;;

welcome to pso-w. i used to only watch these public showings, seems like i;m in the cast this time instead.

But dw, this does not happen everyday at least.

Mysterious-G
May 6, 2014, 03:13 PM
But dw, this does not happen everyday at least.

[spoiler-box]http://i.minus.com/iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it really does though.

Rakurai
May 6, 2014, 03:39 PM

I'm confused.

Are you able to fill up the Photon Blast Gauge with a Photon Blast?

Because I don't see them doing anything other then spamming Nifta.

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 04:16 PM
I agree that you should just play it if you want to. Nobody will castrate you for being a Braver or for being overpowered unless you are acting like a jerk about it/being full of yourself.
If you really like the katana or bow, then you should enjoy it. I have played two different characters with either bow or katana, and found both to be pretty fun.

Katana naturally is the fastest killer when it comes to bosses, but if you don't WANT to kill fast, then simply don't use Shunka Shunran or Katana Combat... Use things like Asagiri Rendan instead.

Also, Kanran Kikyou is very important too, if you don't have other AOE PAs, because it has a very wide radius of reach that lets you hit many things at once unlike Shunka. Especially with weaker monsters like in TACOs, you will have to learn to use Kanran(AOE) and Asagiri Rendan(travel speed + switches) over Shunka. I pretty much only use Shunka or KC for the bosses in TAs.

PS: To answer your question, I would say Braver is like a hybrid of "melee focusing on fast and powerful attacks, and ranged focusing on chargeable burst damage". If paired with the Duman race, it is somewhat of a glass cannon...