PDA

View Full Version : The new meta FO again?

Melodys
May 6, 2014, 09:39 AM
Partying with JP pugs a lot, I've noticed that a lot of them are playing Fo/te somewhat in TAs. I play a BR/hu and Gu/hu with above average gear and I've seen a few Ice/dark Fo/te slaughter everything with Elysion II bartas and rod/talis II megids flying around and I barely get to do anything.

There seems to be even more random JP Fo/tes in AQ parties due to as you guessed it...II megid. I could count that about 80+% of my parties consisted of at least one II megid spammer Fo. That tech can just slaughter every mob and is arguably the best for exit bursts. Boss? No problem. II barta (especially Elysion II barta) with Ketos Proi or PP convert can just slaughter any boss before a Braver can get close to out damage with Shunka. Barring anything that resists ice and dark which I think only applies to Dark Falz Elder, Fo/tes can just slaughter everything at a safe distance.

For TD, I'd even dare say they're almost up there with Braver and Gunner as well. II megid is a good mob tagger and can kill but suffers if they reach the tower or fence since the tech sometimes disappears pre-emptively there. II barta is good for the stray couple of mobs that has made it past your defense and of course the bosses.

Their only other weakness is that both techs are quite costly in PP but it won't really matter when you can constantly build PB or unleash PP conver to juggle in between. That is only a problem for beginner FOs whom can't afford PP affixes.

Dinosaur
May 6, 2014, 09:41 AM
There's magic in this game? jk

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23451665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLv0BJ7owM

You guys are in the past here. I'll give you a sneak peek into the future.
http://www.twitch.tv/lilin_pso2/b/526278455

megabuster66
May 6, 2014, 09:54 AM
There are two items right now that is becoming controversial with Forces/Techers. It is the weddle park and Seimei Kikami. One is a rod and another is a talis. They both have the Demonic smile latent that can increase the dark damage technique by 16% damage. Along with elemental conversion you can 50% dark both and get some pretty nice damage. You may think the rod is better but there is a 20% damage boost to talis if you build the tree correctly. I'd prefer the talis over the rod any day due to the ability to perform more damage, zondeel from a distance in TDs (or gather for bursts in SHAQs), and slightly faster casts since the technique comes from the talis. IF your build is correctly set out you can hvae the pp conversion ability, Mag ability and you'll very seldom run out of PP and you can unleash the il megids of destruction. Use a psycho wand with crafted il zonde and you have your speed set. I say the biggest downfall of being a force/techer is getting one or two shotted and dieing easily. It's about time they are making forces better!

Aine
May 6, 2014, 10:16 AM
In the very update that was supposed to mark the start of serious class balancing, SEGA managed to break the game again.

Introducing the Nifta Burst (http://nicotter.net/watch/sm23481781) (actual burst starts at around 4:00)

To explain how this works, damage dealt by Photon Blasts contribute to building up PB gauge. Post-buff Julius Nifta is horribly broken because it has a both a gigantic suction effect and deals OHKO damage. So much damage that in fact once you get a Nifta burst going you can just keep spamming the PB because the damage it deals fills your gauge again - no PP use required.

This isn't actually a very good video of a Nifta burst, but it was the only one I could find. The most efficient way to do it is to actually have only one person using Nifta (since if other people are attacking at the same time the Nifta user's gauge builds more slowly). The other three can just stand around holding Axions or Vraolets or whatever.

Xaelouse
May 6, 2014, 10:45 AM
I like nifta burst. Now all non-tech classes can know what it's like to be FI main in a PSE burst

oratank
May 6, 2014, 10:52 AM
why fi?

Z-0
May 6, 2014, 11:20 AM
Better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc7CIstheQ

Weak FO in VH.

ChinaSue
May 6, 2014, 11:21 AM
There's magic in this game? jk

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23451665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLv0BJ7owM

You guys are in the past here. I'll give you a sneak peek into the future.
http://www.twitch.tv/lilin_pso2/b/526278455

Those times have been improved on a little.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23460874 Santum FoTe
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23489093 nab2 FoBr

Aine
May 6, 2014, 11:36 AM
Better video:

VH??????? ??? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc7CIstheQ)

Weak FO in VH.

Yeah this video is a great example of a perfect Nifta burst.

Some more things worth mentioning, the Mental Alignment latent boosts PB gauge accumulation by 50%, which is why Rutler Paillette has shot up in price. You can do fine with a crafted Solid Straight though, and if there's anything that screamed "I'm gonna get nerfed" it's the Nifta burst, so I wouldn't pour too much money into it.

Also main/sub combinations involving Ra and Gu might be better, since First Hit, Sharpshooter and Perfect Keeper boost PB damage. Weak Hit Blast Bonus does not affect it, though.

Kietsu
May 6, 2014, 11:48 AM
why fi?

When you're a Fi in a PSE burst, you don't get to hit anything. You get to run toward things and watch as someone else kills them before you land an attack.

Granted, Hu has this problem too but frankly if you're playing Hu you're doing it wrong at this point. Over End at least has some range.

MidCap
May 6, 2014, 11:56 AM
HU during regular PSE Bursts: Use Guilty Break - it's very good at finding a new target if the first one dies when you initiate the attack.

During Entrance / Exit / Corner Bursts: Use Sacred Skewer. It's also very good at finding a new target. The "Big Fist" is too unreliable, imo.

You're much better off as a FO in a burst, granted (I have HU/FI and FO/TE at 69/70 and 70/69, respectively). However, HU's new Fury Gear Boost skill, even with 1 point, is very good, and helps a lot.

Vintasticvin
May 6, 2014, 12:02 PM
Mmmm delicious Shunka Braver tears.

Hobu
May 6, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hey its not bad. I mean, letting FO do everything while I watch a movie until the boss arrives? NOT A VERY BAD IDEA EH?

Alenoir
May 6, 2014, 12:18 PM
When you're a Fi in a PSE burst, you don't get to hit anything. You get to run toward things and watch as someone else kills them before you land an attack.

Falclaw or Glorious Wing or Bio -> Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser. Should be able to hit something half the times.

Still horrible though.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:22 PM
Falclaw or Glorious Wing or Bio -> Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser Kaiser. Should be able to hit something half the times.

Still horrible though.

Seconding the effectiveness of kaiser, even during tower the aggro grab you can do with it is pretty spectacular. It's also very PP efficient, especially for a WL PA. It fills a full bar by landing all of its hits on just one enemy, without fury gear.

DJcooltrainer
May 6, 2014, 12:27 PM
Kaiser does have some great utility usage and a pretty decent range. I ended up selling my partizans after I discovered I like it more than sacred skewer. Kaiser raise and holding current can be pretty lethal.

Z-0
May 6, 2014, 12:35 PM
-snip-
Does everything on the weapon count towards Nifta damage? I know the damage latents too (eg: stance boosts, enemy destroyer), but what about the weapon's actual t-atk and affixes?

holmwood
May 6, 2014, 12:36 PM
I don't really care. I just want things to be dead quickly so I can get my rares.If anything, you should complain about there being not enough mobs.

Vintasticvin
May 6, 2014, 12:38 PM
Hey its not bad. I mean, letting FO do everything while I watch a movie until the boss arrives? NOT A VERY BAD IDEA EH?

I know right? You deserve a good break besides me and my fellow FOs and Techers need to flex flex our magical muscles a bit and dust off our spell discs for a bit ya know.

Bellion
May 6, 2014, 12:39 PM
Weapon T-atk and affixes do count towards Nifta. Accidentally unequipped my talis during Nifta and damage went from 18k->10k.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:41 PM
Does everything on the weapon count towards Nifta damage? I know the damage latents too (eg: stance boosts, enemy destroyer), but what about the weapon's actual t-atk and affixes?

I don't know for sure if it does now, but I know for sure that it used to. I also know that fighter stances affected PB damage. I did some testing way back, so they may have changed things.

Bellion
May 6, 2014, 12:43 PM
While leveling Fi/Fo and trying stances, it didn't seem to affect Nifta. But, I know for sure that T-atk from your weapon does count.
Fi's new crit skill does work on it.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 12:53 PM
While leveling Fi/Fo and trying stances, it didn't seem to affect Nifta. But, I know for sure that T-atk from your weapon does count.
Fi's new crit skill does work on it.

Hmm, here's a good question then: Does your weapon's damage variance affect your PB damage? If you use a crafted weapon is there a larger variance that's affected by your dex?

If not then I eagerly await our glorious crafted rod-wielding julius nifta PB overlords.

Z-0
May 6, 2014, 01:04 PM
No rod with that latent tho.
Assuming DEX is not a huge issue, the best thing to do would be to craft the 11* wand, サージュストラ, as it has 941 T-Atk at max craft, and that's higher than the Talis' 898 (or 883 craft or whatever it was).

Bellion
May 6, 2014, 01:07 PM
I'm getting between 17k-20k with a crafted Solid Straight.
Pure 21ks with my Seimei Kikami, so I guess.

Chdata
May 6, 2014, 01:26 PM
This is exactly why I started asking for Il Megid users only in AQ because shunka is single-target and slower.

Walkure
May 6, 2014, 01:28 PM
Ilmegid is gimp compared to Julius Nifta, though.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 01:36 PM
Ilmegid is gimp compared to Julius Nifta, though.

Ideally you'd have both, since Julius Nifta relies on tatk making ilmegid between PBs viable.

Edson Drake
May 6, 2014, 01:51 PM
Oh my that PSE burst was amazing! That will be nerfed no doubt.

If anyone could show me that in practice please PM me, I can even buy Nifta myself. It's great that Force is a great class again and the Braver's envy is indeed humorous.

Kietsu
May 6, 2014, 02:03 PM
Photon Blast damage seems to still scale with weapon stats.

More interestingly, my Helix Nifta seems to benefit from Katana Gear, dealing higher damage and landing crits while I'm in the purple-zone.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 02:15 PM
Photon Blast damage seems to still scale with weapon stats.

More interestingly, my Helix Nifta seems to benefit from Katana Gear, dealing higher damage and landing crits while I'm in the purple-zone.

This is because PB damage scales with your atk values on your character sheet.

Katana Gear adds a multiplier of your atk to your character, instead of being a damage multiplier like everything similar. The only comparable thing is PP Slayer, which is a static bonus instead of a multiplier.

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 04:29 PM

This is exactly what I am thinking too.
It benefits everyone in the end, so that is good, no? Better than everyone wiping, at least. xD

Sacrificial
May 6, 2014, 05:31 PM
Great! Now I can fall asleep during cross bursts and not feel bad about it.

Shinamori
May 6, 2014, 05:35 PM
I've actually started to enjoy playing as force, so much so that I find myself not play as Braver as much. Probably because I spent like 20mil~30mil making my force units. :V

Rakurai
May 6, 2014, 05:49 PM
I'm guessing they'll just make it so PB damage doesn't raise the PB gauge to prevent the Nifta spam.

Though when that will be done is the question.

Aurorra
May 6, 2014, 05:59 PM
This is because PB damage scales with your atk values on your character sheet.

Katana Gear adds a multiplier of your atk to your character, instead of being a damage multiplier like everything similar. The only comparable thing is PP Slayer, which is a static bonus instead of a multiplier.

So does is snap shot your values at the time you use the PB or does it keep updating as you change your equipment? Could a hunter have a Bert Rodan on hand just for the purpose of equipping it prior to using Julius Nifta?

Kietsu
May 6, 2014, 08:35 PM
Katana Gear adds a multiplier of your atk to your character, instead of being a damage multiplier like everything similar.

Didn't know that, actually. Thanks.

So does is snap shot your values at the time you use the PB or does it keep updating as you change your equipment? Could a hunter have a Bert Rodan on hand just for the purpose of equipping it prior to using Julius Nifta?

You can definitely switch to a high T-ATK weapon for it and get a damage boost.
No idea what happens if you switch back mid-PB. But if you want to try to fight with Hunter's melee weapons in the middle of a blinding particle vortex, go ahead and find out how it works for us.

Melodys
May 6, 2014, 08:37 PM
Oh wow I wasn't aware that Nifta spam can be used by Fos for exit/corner bursts. There goes another point in Fo's favour but I can see it getting nerfed just like II foie bots requiring a cast time now instead of being instant.

Regardless though, even if Nifta was nerfed, Fos are rather dominant in almost everything. It almost feels as if a Br and Gu nerf isn't needed. However, if the nerf is implemented and depending on how severe it is, I can see a lot of pugs switching to FO.

gigawuts
May 6, 2014, 08:48 PM

Yes, it updates as you change; you can swap weapons during your PB and the next time it deals damage it will have adjusted appropriately. A similar application would be swapping from your doublesaber to your sword or knuckles, when your horsie runs by since they have higher base atk.

MimiChan
May 6, 2014, 09:34 PM
I can't believe that the class and PB I had way way back even before Braver was release was now the flavor of the month?

I was a Fo/Te with Nifta for as long as I remember. Without Na and Il techs, I find myself getting kicked from most AQ parties. People mocked my Nifta for not being a Fish for PP instead.

I refuse to switch to Br or Gu because I rather have fun playing the class that I like.

And now this? Everyone is now Fo/Te, brings tears in my eyes TwT

I knew it all along! FO master race!

milranduil
May 6, 2014, 09:47 PM
No need to strut your stuff. Nifta was only just recently changed. It was situational at best beforehand, just like FO.

btw-Niji
May 6, 2014, 09:47 PM
I hope Nifta is never nerfed

please sega...

GoldenFalcon
May 6, 2014, 10:09 PM
Nifta won't be nerfed

They'll just make every PB not charge itself

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 11:43 PM
And Ketos Proi heals now, so it's extra easy mode.

If they nerf mag blasts to not fill PB then everything but PP will be worthless again, unless your own damage during PB doesn't charge it either, but in that case you'll just have to alternate with someone else's Ketos Proi just like before and anyone with something else is contributing less to the run and should be blacklisted immediately.

Z-0
May 7, 2014, 07:50 AM
There's a post on the main pso2.jp site saying that they're patching blasts by stopping them from giving you gauge.

And something else, but I forgot what it said.

nathanielzor
May 7, 2014, 07:51 AM
There's a post on the main pso2.jp site saying that they're patching blasts by stopping them from giving you gauge.

And something else, but I forgot what it said.
Did they do it this patch though?

Z-0
May 7, 2014, 07:52 AM
No, future patch.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3562

nathanielzor
May 7, 2014, 07:58 AM
No, future patch.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3562
Looks like I've got work to do this week..

Walkure
May 7, 2014, 10:19 AM
If you have damage to the enemy attacks photon blast, we will gauge the photon blast so as not to accumulate.
If it is damaged beyond the maximum HP of the enemy, I as an upper limit to the increase in gage photons blasting.Hmmm that actually hits some things like Combat Finish and Ranger overkills too.

If it's just overkilling in general, and just the remaining HP is what they calculate as damage for the PB gauge, then it'll be fun to see how that affects PB gauge rates in a group.

gigawuts
May 7, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hmmm that actually hits some things like Combat Finish and Ranger overkills too.

If it's just overkilling in general, and just the remaining HP is what they calculate as damage for the PB gauge, then it'll be fun to see how that affects PB gauge rates in a group.

This has been a much needed change for a long time. I have no business getting my PB from combat finishing on 6 enemies with my last PB still active.

Now they need to nerf HP steal from overkilling things.