PDA

View Full Version : So why do Rangers/Gunners use the blitz set?

Coatl
May 6, 2014, 03:50 PM
Why do rangers and gunners use the crafted blitz set? I see this so often in lobbies. They don't want that 30 r-atk from the tian set?

Bellion
May 6, 2014, 03:54 PM
But you can do the exact same thing with tian/gwan+ white tail except get +30 r-atk.

Rakurai
May 6, 2014, 04:00 PM
Nevermind. I didn't notice the mention of the "crafted" part.

In that case, there reallly isn't any reason to use it over the Tian set, aside from looks.

Kantalope
May 6, 2014, 04:38 PM
I was wondering why I didn't see many Tian sets around either. They're really cheap, and pretty good when crafted. That's what I've been using, with some junky crafted legs, but I didn't see anything better available.

Coatl
May 6, 2014, 04:55 PM
I just ask because I see every ranger/gunner with it on. I thought I was missing a minor detail or something.

strikerhunter
May 6, 2014, 04:59 PM
1. They don't know that crafting loses its hidden bonus.
2. Cheap until they get something new.
3. Can't afford better gear and using them currently as placeholder.
4. They believe crafted gear are better just because of raw stats.
5. Too many other reasons that are bad.

GoldenFalcon
May 6, 2014, 05:36 PM
Crafting keeps set bonus

I myself used the Blitz Set, because I was a Braver. I changed to Ranger main and got the Gwan set (the rear wasn't cheap) but I don't see what's so special about this White Tail

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 6, 2014, 05:44 PM
Crafting keeps set bonus

I myself used the Blitz Set, because I was a Braver. I changed to Ranger main and got the Gwan set (the rear wasn't cheap) but I don't see what's so special about this White Tail

+10pp for a bonus.

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 05:56 PM
1. They don't know that crafting loses its hidden bonus.
2. Cheap until they get something new.
3. Can't afford better gear and using them currently as placeholder.
4. They believe crafted gear are better just because of raw stats.
5. Too many other reasons that are bad.

2-4 don't explain why you would craft Blitz over Tian.

Blitz has Strike Res, Tian does not, but you lose that anyway if you craft them.

Though since the 9* pieces share the same set bonus as the 10* version, if they're saving up for Gloam they can pop it in there as soon as they get one without breaking the set.

Vintasticvin
May 6, 2014, 06:03 PM
Praise Unlucky's wisdom!

strikerhunter
May 6, 2014, 06:07 PM
Crafting keeps set bonus

set bonus are kept, not hidden bonus.

Skyly
May 6, 2014, 06:22 PM
set bonus are kept, not hidden bonus.

But once crafted don't they gain the specific +30HP +1PP Strk / +20HP +2PP Rang / +10HP +3PP Tech..

Coatl
May 6, 2014, 07:20 PM
Crafted tian set > Crafted blitz set by 30 r-atk. If you don't care for the r-atk then it doesn't even matter, but I just find it so weird that people would 4slot crafted blitz set without doing a little bit more research.

strikerhunter
May 6, 2014, 07:43 PM
But once crafted don't they gain the specific +30HP +1PP Strk / +20HP +2PP Rang / +10HP +3PP Tech..

>_> Those are the hidden bonus <_<

Hence why I said set bonus are kept and hidden bonus are not.

Pugas87
May 6, 2014, 07:58 PM
He was saying crafted armor gets its own hidden bonus depending on which srt extension you pick.

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 08:03 PM
Gwan (10* Tian) has lower HP and PP per piece and has no Strike Res, so you lose all that for 30 R-Atk compared to Gloam (10* Blitz), though higher S-Def makes up for that somewhat.

Crafting makes none of that matter, so the better set bonus of Tian clearly wins out since there's no tradeoff here anymore.

But if you wanted to work towards Gloam instead of Gwan eventually, then it's natural to transition between 9*->10* from the same set

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 08:10 PM
Maybe they were from their melee characters, but they forgot to switch the units after switching class? xD
I do that a lot, at least... which in most cases leaves me with zero units on during a quest. x_x

Skyly
May 6, 2014, 08:15 PM
So pretty much the best 10* gunner armor is gloam + white tail.. (Un-crafted or crafted?)

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 08:35 PM
The best anything will never be crafted

Skyly
May 6, 2014, 08:40 PM
The best anything will never be crafted

Alright thanks. It sucks because I just wasted about 5M on grinding and affixing the Varder set thinking it was pretty good. Sucks to be me. I seen this thread too late but at least I'm glad I seen it lol.

pkemr4
May 6, 2014, 09:02 PM
if only gloam arm unit wasnt 4.2 freaking mil....

Skyly
May 6, 2014, 09:15 PM

I know. The rear piece was only like 400k though. And besides that's only 4 days of TAs

milranduil
May 6, 2014, 09:16 PM

Cheap as shit compared to what it used to be...

SakoHaruo
May 6, 2014, 09:33 PM
last 10% boost week gloam arm was selling for 1.6mil. Lrn2windowshop? You can buy the other pieces now for cheap. White Tail was pretty cheap last time I check.

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 11:36 PM
And Folly is dirt cheap now

Coatl
May 6, 2014, 11:42 PM
So pretty much the best 10* gunner armor is gloam + white tail.. (Un-crafted or crafted?)

Crafted Tian set is better imo. Way more defense, and 30 r-atk. That was the whole point of this thread. The gloam has s-resist, but has very low s-defense in comparison. And crafting will keep getting better, so crafting armor will probably be the better choice in the end.

GoldenFalcon
May 6, 2014, 11:47 PM
Wait, what's stopping anyone from crafting the 11* sets? Those are better right

UnLucky
May 6, 2014, 11:50 PM
Uncrafted Gloam does have lower defense and Atk, but higher resistance and HP/PP

Uncrafted Gwan is just bad. I'd rather use an 11* set, but then you couldn't use the White Tail.

WildarmsRE5
May 6, 2014, 11:55 PM
Wait, what's stopping anyone from crafting the 11* sets? Those are better rightI'd rather not lose my Hidden Strike resist over shit raw stats.

Skyly
May 7, 2014, 01:49 AM
In respect to cirnopedia are these calculations correct?...

If I equipped the Blitz/Gloam set + White Tail (not crafted) I would receive the following..

+80HP
+18 Lightning Resistance (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+8 Dark Resistance (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+4 Fire Resistance (Leg / White Tail)
+4 Light Resistance (Leg / White Tail)
+60 R-ATK (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+60 S-ATK (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+26PP (Rear /Gloam + Arm / Gloam + Leg / White Tail)

Mysterious-G
May 7, 2014, 02:51 AM
Personally, playing on ranger I use the new mb unit Abyss Minion together with the Uranus set.

+40 R-Atk
+140HP
+19PP
+shitton of strike and range resist

Gloam or other sets are slightly more powerful and give more PP, but I enjoy the the various element resists that come pre-affixed with the mb unit as well as the additional HP from its hidden boni. Definitely one of the cheapest yet decent combinations. :wacko:

Coatl
May 7, 2014, 09:26 AM
In respect to cirnopedia are these calculations correct?...

If I equipped the Blitz/Gloam set + White Tail (not crafted) I would receive the following..

+80HP
+18 Lightning Resistance (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+8 Dark Resistance (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+4 Fire Resistance (Leg / White Tail)
+4 Light Resistance (Leg / White Tail)
+60 R-ATK (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+60 S-ATK (Rear / Gloam + Arm / Gloam)
+26PP (Rear /Gloam + Arm / Gloam + Leg / White Tail)

That's correct, yeah. That's the exact same build I have for my braver.
I have 164 PP, and you can get 170 PP if you went full PP spec.

Lumpen Thingy
May 7, 2014, 10:53 AM
Why people use the biltz set over the titan set for gunner and ranger?Because people are fucking stupid.