PDA

View Full Version : Old Account Auto Deletion?

SephYuyX
May 6, 2014, 06:18 PM
Not real sure where to put this, but..

I havent logged in with my PSO2 Sega ID in two years or so. When trying to reset my password it fails. I still get 【SEGA ID, PSO2, CHO】emails.

Do accounts get deleted after a certain amount of inactivity?

Any advice for trying to get my password reset? Im pretty sure I put in my real bday.. but on the chance I didnt.. is there any other way aside from guessing 365 times x number of possible years?

The crappy thing is that I actually know the password, but it just wont take it :/

Thanks.

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 08:03 PM
If it was that long ago, I think they did do something where we had to change our passwords or something, or else we got hacked... at least that is what happened to me last summer(actually don't remember if it was last summer, or the summer before. It was when Braver was new, though).

For me, about a year ago I had an account with a 6-letter password, then it got hacked and had the email/pw changed, and when I tried to log in it wouldn't let me at all and Sega would never respond to my emails/tickets... so my only choice was to make a new account and start from scratch.
This time I use a 10-letter password with numbers and symbols in it, and it's been safe since.

It's not that bad though, since they made so many new things like new race/class and things like skills and such all changed, so you gotta re-learn it anyway. It's not too hard to level either, especially if you can meet friends who help you do harder quests.

PS: Though I don't know if it's related to your case since when I search for my old player ID on the visiphone, it's still there... Have you tried making a new account and searching your character/player ID on the visiphone yet? That can tell you for sure if it's deleted or you just can't log in to it.

UnDeaD77
May 6, 2014, 08:07 PM
I just started playing few weeks ago for the first time, since the game launched. My account was/is still there intact. I DID have to reset my password.

Shinamori
May 6, 2014, 09:07 PM
If it was that long ago, I think they did do something where we had to change our passwords or something, or else we got hacked... at least that is what happened to me last summer(actually don't remember if it was last summer, or the summer before. It was when Braver was new, though).

For me, about a year ago I had an account with a 6-letter password, then it got hacked and had the email/pw changed, and when I tried to log in it wouldn't let me at all and Sega would never respond to my emails/tickets... so my only choice was to make a new account and start from scratch.
This time I use a 10-letter password with numbers and symbols in it, and it's been safe since.

It's not that bad though, since they made so many new things like new race/class and things like skills and such all changed, so you gotta re-learn it anyway. It's not too hard to level either, especially if you can meet friends who help you do harder quests.

PS: Though I don't know if it's related to your case since when I search for my old player ID on the visiphone, it's still there... Have you tried making a new account and searching your character/player ID on the visiphone yet? That can tell you for sure if it's deleted or you just can't log in to it.

Your PSO and email password wasn't the same, was it?

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 09:22 PM
Your PSO and email password wasn't the same, was it?

No, they are all different. @_@ I honestly don't even know how they managed to do it, like I didn't remember even getting an email saying my account was changed, but I guess that is why they wanted us to all change our passwords back then, and stopped allowing 6-letter passwords.

I remember the day it happened, my friends mentioned seeing my character online too(but obviously didn't respond to anyone)... It's not like I had premium so I don't know what anyone would want with my newbie account. The most valuable thing I had was the 900k male outfit that's not even rare.
Oh, but now I remember I did have 3 or 4 of those instruments... but those also aren't worth hacking over.

It's not too much of a loss for me, like I had some nice outfits, but I have enough to buy them back if I wanted now.
Did spend a bit of AC too, but not enough to get angry over.

Shinamori
May 6, 2014, 09:36 PM
It's odd since to change your password, you need to input your either your name, birthday, or secret phrase. On top of that, if you sign into a your account on a different IP, you need to verify it.

Vetur
May 6, 2014, 09:48 PM
I think that might have been what the new accounts or old accounts who did the password change back then would get the "account armor" type protection, but mine didn't, since I didn't change my password before. Yeah I know it is my fault for not reading the warning before(didn't actually see it in English at least). :(

Kind of wondering if it's possible that the OP may have that as the problem, though.