PDA

View Full Version : Share your new DF 1st run experience pls ~ ♪

Ciel~Homura
May 7, 2014, 07:22 AM
[spoiler-box]https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/10263992_554130108037666_9053828695759198812_o.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Wow... this new DF make me go all out after a long time slacking on PSO2 LoL its quite a challenge i must say :-o and i died around 4 times if i remember correctly.

Small one is not a big deal, but the big one got way a lot of HP !! you can break his lower arm and then jump up to break his upper muscle to force him down and attack his weak point !! but it seems this tactic doesn't work when he is nearly dead.
Not really sure myself since i play on the super high speed mode and i barely log on LoL

For a goods report :: got nothing here actually. My set up is

250 rare + 100 tri + premium + 4 lucky rise + Nyoibo Lv3

seems not my time yet, but there is still 1 more lap !!

GOOD LUCK TOO ALL YOU GUYS TOO !!

Daiyousei
May 7, 2014, 07:25 AM
lot of rares, but they're all 10*s

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/NGuB1vK.png[/spoiler-box]

But dang, that was like the hardest action boss I have ever fought, there was probably harder but it's a long time ago. and all the projectiles make me feel like playing Touhou again.

fay
May 7, 2014, 07:25 AM
Due to download times, I wasn't able to log in until the 30th minute D:

Rakurai
May 7, 2014, 07:26 AM
It was kind of refreshing to see people dying left and right from his attacks. Also refreshing to have a boss actually last longer then five minutes for once. I imagine he'll go down faster once people catch onto how you expose his weak point, though.

I ended up with a unit and a pile of Excube fodder from it.

FireswordRus
May 7, 2014, 07:31 AM
2440 strike damage from time freeze attack

Zettabyte
May 7, 2014, 07:40 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/OJtW5UA.png[/spoiler-box]

I'm torn. On the one hand, part of me says that thing has WAY too much HP. On the other, I'm still shaking from that fight, and I legit felt exhausted afterwards in a way I haven't since I was soloing Cougar NXs as a melee class.

Good on you, Sega. Something challenging for once.

Eyce_Theon
May 7, 2014, 07:49 AM
Over 20 minutes into Loser, PC crashed and I wasn't able to log in fast enough to run again.

Chdata
May 7, 2014, 08:09 AM
I can't wait for strategies to be made and new reasons to yell at noobs to exist.

nathanielzor
May 7, 2014, 08:36 AM
DCed. Woo!

EDIT: Okay I got back into B11, and beat it faster than my party that started.

Yden
May 7, 2014, 08:58 AM
My first run I died like 6 times and I had no clue where to weak bullet. We managed to kill him with like 3 mins to spare.

gigawuts
May 7, 2014, 09:00 AM
After reading how wowed everyone was I was a bit underwhelmed that it was a bunch of fast attacks with telltale auras on the ground you can walk out of and slow attacks you can walk away from that hit you for shittons of damage if you don't walk away in time.

Very wow, much impress I guess?

Chdata
May 7, 2014, 09:00 AM
Ugh, we get whatever 100% does and I end up in an MPA with no WB and we fail to beat him within 30 minutes...

fay
May 7, 2014, 09:03 AM
Just completed it in 20 minutes with a team of 9 :D

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 7, 2014, 09:05 AM
Terrible

I was just in a PT with 80% baka gaijins and we failed it. Fuck man that's a 250% gone to shit. It felt like I was the only one not dying and actually doing damage to it.

Niagara
May 7, 2014, 09:10 AM
Ugh, we get whatever 100% does and I end up in an MPA with no WB and we fail to beat him within 30 minutes...

Same, except we did have a ranger...

A Ra/Fo who never used his rifle.

FerrickX
May 7, 2014, 09:11 AM
it was weird, couldn't tell the difference between lag or actual pause

Chdata
May 7, 2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off too, despite the double worth drop the first time.

Cypher_9
May 7, 2014, 09:21 AM
I am so disappointed... I'll have a video up upon the failure group ; ; I know I made some flops too but - there is no I in team; and this party made it hard... :(

But the fight was fun, they brought the chime from Olga Flows theme, I was happy to hear that - they mastered that in well... ^^

Chdata
May 7, 2014, 09:29 AM
It's a long and fun fight which I kinda wanted, but being able to completely fail after 30 minutes...

KuroKanden
May 7, 2014, 09:33 AM
Very exhausting fight overall, but epic nonetheless! Did'nt expect it to drag on for so long. fortunately I had a competent MPA and we finished both rounds in about 16~19mins. Nothing spectacular dropped for me but I did earn a few cubes back. ; sold the leg unit when they were still going for about 1.2m

Cyber Meteor
May 7, 2014, 09:35 AM
That new Falz is very challenging. Lots of HP, a dangerous burning status(100 hp each second), homing projectile attacks and so on. 2 players left during the fight, so we ended up at 10 and killed him with 10 minutes remaining and I used all of my healing items (except Sol Atomizer). Got 3 10* and a total of 13 Syncesta.

I'm really satisfied with this new boss, but it was a bit exhausting.^^

Oh, and the music becomes really good on the second part of the fight, wasn't expecting that Olga Flow remix.

The_Brimada
May 7, 2014, 09:36 AM
When I ran out of moons in the first 3 mins of the fight I should've just left the party but I didn't and couldn't even finish lol. Also I'm going to use my ranger first then my alt char if time permits. I keep doing it the opposite and then my main gets shafted lol.

Cypher_9
May 7, 2014, 10:49 AM
P.S. I REALLY do hope they do not change a thing about this boss - he is beatable; that is all that matters. I feel that he is fine the way he is.

LordYata
May 7, 2014, 11:56 AM
P.S. I REALLY do hope they do not change a thing about this boss - he is beatable; that is all that matters. I feel that he is fine the way he is.

Agreed. The difficulty right now is just that there are very few people that actually know how to fight him, namely how to expose his weak points.

SallySalSal
May 7, 2014, 12:58 PM
How many new proxy stones does he drop per run? For the new 11*'s in shop.

Unnamed Player
May 7, 2014, 01:20 PM
I've got 14.

omgwtflolbbl
May 7, 2014, 01:25 PM
I got 30 total out of the 2 EQs, I didn't use any drop boosters. I think I got an even 15 each EQ. The new 11*s seem to have really bad potentials, though.

gigawuts
May 7, 2014, 01:33 PM
Don't worry guys! They won't nerf him, they'll just raise our level but not his and add weapons 15% stronger every month and boost enemy-specific damage latents again like usual.

In case you've forgotten, the original Elder took 10-15 minutes and would wipe MPAs when it was new too.

Kikikiki
May 7, 2014, 01:42 PM
The 11* katana in the stone shop has spirit collector, I don't know about the rest. Maybe they're all the same.

They're all-classes though.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 7, 2014, 06:56 PM
Don't worry guys! They won't nerf him, they'll just raise our level but not his and add weapons 15% stronger every month and boost enemy-specific damage latents again like usual.

In case you've forgotten, the original Elder took 10-15 minutes and would wipe MPAs when it was new too.

I don't remember elder EVER doing this even on a somewhat crappy party and yes im talking about when he was new.

The longest the original elder took for me was 12 mins but he never whipped everyone out lol

Reiketsu
May 7, 2014, 07:02 PM
It was okay. This fight totally reminded me of Lechku and Nechku from Ookami.
I mean, giant owl with clock in it's stomach that stops time...?
Lechku and Nechku were a lot more fun to fight though.

Also, I have no idea what the fuck was going on during the second half of the fight.
Might have been the lag >_>;

Also yay for invisible enemies.

Edit: And another yay for post #1000.

Para
May 7, 2014, 07:15 PM
I wonder when we will see the Raging Loser lol.

Sacrificial
May 7, 2014, 07:17 PM
MIRAGE! MIRAGE! EVERYWHERE!

Zeik2006
May 7, 2014, 07:19 PM
Lots of fun. Little confused by the first phase. Had this odd timer and % at the top of the screen. We didnt get it to 100% but got to do the next phase anyway. Not sure what that was about.

Dark Falz himself was a blast.

BIG OLAF
May 7, 2014, 07:20 PM
Didn't get to finish it, because people using Over End with a Blizaxe, and like half the party was FOs spamming Ilgrants (and, of course, we had our Shunka Heroes).

Suirano
May 7, 2014, 07:31 PM
Got wiped out by the time stop move. Stopped it the first time but the second time felt like he did it much faster. Unfortunately, was not able to beat him in the first run due to time out.

Overall though, that fight is friggin amazing! SEGA better not nerf him in anyway. It is fun to have a boss like that. Been a while since a boss fight made me that excited :D.

Rakurai
May 7, 2014, 07:35 PM
Lots of fun. Little confused by the first phase. Had this odd timer and % at the top of the screen. We didnt get it to 100% but got to do the next phase anyway. Not sure what that was about.

Dark Falz himself was a blast.

You get a drop rate bonus if you manage to reach 100 % and 200% respectively.

In any case, as much as I like Falz being durable, it really speaks about the game's balance issues if a group of competent players can struggle to beat him in time just because of the classes they're using.

Meteor Weapon
May 7, 2014, 07:39 PM
I had more fun fighting Loser as a hunter, despite how slow I can be. Blind Shunka Spammers begone.

Sacrificial
May 7, 2014, 07:39 PM
my team finished with a lot of time left with no wb. we could've done 3 mains if all of us had 3 characters. It is really just organisation.

Punisher106
May 7, 2014, 07:44 PM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/8DswQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]
That... had me shaking. We were constantly reviving each other, to the point where I ran out of moons. We BARELY managed to beat him, and I ended up with a dio weapon and two of the units of the Loser set. I'd say it was a somewhat decent run.

Maenara
May 7, 2014, 07:51 PM
Finished with 2 minutes left. Almost everyone ran out of moons.

Zeik2006
May 7, 2014, 07:52 PM
You get a drop rate bonus if you manage to reach 100 % and 200% respectively.

In any case, as much as I like Falz being durable, it really speaks about the game's balance issues if a group of competent players can struggle to beat him in time just because of the classes they're using.

I did my run in Hard, so that might've messed up the time a little bit with players over leveled, but we downed the second phase in about 12 minutes.

(Highest toon is only like 43)

FireswordRus
May 7, 2014, 07:55 PM
28 minutes
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/8Dv9m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

buri-chan
May 7, 2014, 07:56 PM
I died. A lot. There was one round where I swear to god the fucking owl was targeting me specifically. I didn't really have much fun, but that's about what I expected for a first time (in during 'that's what she said'). My major gripe is that the massive fast-moving bosses take up so much of my screen that I have no idea what's going on. Combined with almost forced TPS since the targeting points are awkward (yes, I wanted to attack Loser's beak and not his big ole' Fuck Me Spot) and you're left wondering what just killed you. I can also totally see random MPAs getting wrecked simply due to poor class distribution, unlike other EQs. Not enough WB and Sazan spam? Enjoy your 20 minute fight.

But again, this is all par for the course. I'm sure that by the end of the week we'll be complaining that he's too easy or something.

LonelyGaruga
May 7, 2014, 08:43 PM
Got to run on ship 02 a couple hours ago. In some ways, it was harder than expected, but in others, easier.

Apos Dori(t)os ended up outright glitching in my third run of it, once it got to the pillar phase. First, a Braver and I repeatedly broke one of them, only for it to respawn every time we shattered it, for about a minute or two. Sometimes the game just lagged and it would vanish and reappear. During this time frame, Dori(t)os wasn't doing anything. After this nonsense finished, it resumed as normal, until we broke all the pillars. Dori(t)os continued its barrage of projectiles without ceasing, and then performed its AoE attack as if the pillars weren't broken at all, then repeated this a second time, sans pillars. I managed to avoid dying the first time around, but wasn't so lucky the second time. After this, Dori(t)os began a third barrage of projectiles, but at the end noticed the pillars were destroyed and acted normally again, collapsing and exposing its weak point, where it unceremoniously dropped dead almost as soon as it recovered.

A couple Dori(t)os later, Loser shows up at 83% or so. My MPA didn't get the memo about the clock weak point, and I ended up being the only person trying to inflict Mirage and attack the Clock core when it became vulnerable until the third Mirage, at which point I suddenly see a WB, people swarming it, and...no break. After 25 minutes of fighting, I failed to inflict Mirage a fourth time, despite focusing all of my attention onto the clock. Luckily, we succeeded despite this, but it lead up to being an incredibly lengthy fight.

Loser himself was kind of a pushover honestly. While the fight itself was incredibly fun, I never felt endangered actually fighting him, and I don't actually recall dying more than once, which was particularly memorable and cheap. As it ended up, we got him pulling a second time stop right after he did the time slow variant of his lava floor attack, and while I was breaking free, the lava pool crawled its way toward me and promptly ate all of my HP. At least two of the swords weren't broken at the end either, which made me worried we got a party wipe, but a couple survivors that survived the time stop lava and swords revived everyone.

That being said, I found it astounding how many people did die. Not only did I run out of Moon Atomizers, it felt that every attack I knew how to dodge (either thanks to Nico or luck + fast learning) managed to kill someone. Especially notable was his time slowed sword spin. The motion is hardly unique (Sega did the same thing with the Egg Golem in SA2, and I'm confident it's seen in other games), it's slow enough even when Loser powers up that it can easily be avoided by running and dashing as necessary, and it has a big tell. Yet, I'd see at least 3 bodies each time he did it. Additionally, his damage was pretty pitiful. Only the aforementioned traveling lava pools actually did noticeable damage to me (as in it one-shot me, I have less than 500 HP currently), everything else was very survivable, or never hit me in the first place. Compared to Dori(t)os, who one-shot with nearly every attack, Loser was pretty weak, even if his attacks were far more varied.

With all of that...some things I think should be noted.

1) Loser doesn't seem to be vulnerable to Mirage after the third occurrence, or, if he is, it has become exceedingly unlikely to be inflicted on him again. Breaking the clock within three Mirages seems to be vital, or you'll be stuck with a long fight on your hands.

2) Don't tank the time stop swords. There's a nico video attempt up already, and they show that a properly built tank can only survive the last third or so of the attack. It does considerable damage at an incredibly rapid pace, 100% sure kill here.

3) Even though I rarely died, I still got hit enough to get PB, and I saw a couple people use theirs. If the fight ends up taking long enough, PB actually seems like an option here, so I guess that could be used as a one-time escape card against the swords. That being said, you screw over everyone that tries and fails to break a sword, so that's not very nice of you.

4) Loser's speed up and slow down phases appear to be unrelated to his health. I mainly saw him speed up during the latter half of the fight, in which it was very difficult for anyone to break his armor, and I spent my time trying to Mirage him. This is both good and bad for the difficulty, since you can rush down the fight without forcing a trigger, but if you can't rush him down, like how it went down in my MPA, then he can freely abuse these abilities.

5) The whole floor changing to indicate where he's attacking really helps. Not only does it show where not to be, his attacks themselves are so fast that simply guessing when to Step enabled me to avoid all but one sword blow from him (and that one didn't KO, so it was no big deal). Between that and natural intuition, avoiding his attacks is pretty easy, provided it isn't literally your first time seeing them.

6) Don't make Mirage TMGs just for this. The reason Shock Rescue Guns were popular for Elder wasn't their rate of Shocking him, but that they were the most lenient for enabling people to break his arms, dealing so little damage that you can afford to shoot him all day long to proc the shocks. With Loser, there is no reason to abstain from inflicting Mirage on him, so there's no reason for the tech users to avoid dealing too much damage to Loser. Similarly, making weak TMGs for the sole purpose of inflicting Mirage is less useful than making stronger TMGs, or simply using another weapon entirely. In fact, I would go so far as to say not to bother with Mirage on weapons at all, since tech users don't have to tie their hands in order to avoid making a part impossible to break, and techs simply have a far higher success rate at inflicting status than anything that can be attached to a weapon. On that note...status affixes do not increase their proc rate with higher levels, they increase the lethality of the status itself. There is no difference between I-V for a status that applies a special variation, as is the case with Loser. So no need to waste money unless you want something to brag about.

Think that's about it.

Miles064
May 7, 2014, 08:51 PM
Didn't get to finish it, because people using Over End with a Blizaxe, and like half the party was FOs spamming Ilgrants (and, of course, we had our Shunka Heroes).

Is something wrong with Ilgrants for this? I used that and grants most of the fight cause i didnt know about the mirage thing till after. We also killed it in like 7/8 minutes so im wondering why its taking the rest of you so long. Your parties cant have been that bad...right?

LonelyGaruga
May 7, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ilgrants is fine for Dori(t)os, but pointless on Loser because Mirage is the single most important thing a tech user can contribute to the fight. Without Mirage, it's impossible to break the clock core, and without a broken clock core, your fighting time approximately quadruples.

Though, 7-8 minutes quite frankly sounds impossible, given that five and a half minutes is the record I've seen on Nico, with the clock core being broken as a top priority. Talking about Dori(t)os or Loser there?

BIG OLAF
May 7, 2014, 09:04 PM
Your parties cant have been that bad...right?

Over End with a Blizaxe

You tell me.

Miles064
May 7, 2014, 09:09 PM
Well the 2 FOs i saw were using Ilgrants and i used Ilbarta when my pp cd was up but the core (the middle im guessing?) was broken at this point. And i used grants/Ilbarta for the doritos guy because he kept turning away from me chasing someone. Sucks now that i still have yet to find sazan 16 or hell any of the 16 techs that actually got a large boost from 15 to 16. Hope razan works just fine for this then. Overall i really did find the loser fight pretty cool. Died at the end by the slow circles though.

Miles064
May 7, 2014, 09:11 PM
You tell me.

Ha didnt catch that. And i was worrined my 3 slot kitty gear with a 2 slotted 10 star would screw my team up.

Rakurai
May 7, 2014, 09:21 PM
I think player performance is more important then gear for the most part, save for the odd few people who don't even try to be half-way decently geared for their level despite all of the easily obtainable 10* weapons around.

If that was a max crafted Blizzaxe, then I'd find it tolerable. But a normal one is inexcusable.

Miles064
May 7, 2014, 09:28 PM
Ilgrants is fine for Dori(t)os, but pointless on Loser because Mirage is the single most important thing a tech user can contribute to the fight. Without Mirage, it's impossible to break the clock core, and without a broken clock core, your fighting time approximately quadruples.

Though, 7-8 minutes quite frankly sounds impossible, given that five and a half minutes is the record I've seen on Nico, with the clock core being broken as a top priority. Talking about Dori(t)os or Loser there?

It was Luther( loser) for sure. maybe im not remembering it right but it sure didnt take 20 minutes or even 15 like the rest of you have had. Like i said the middle part was destroyed for a large amount of the fight so maybe i just had really high dps party members or something. Im sorry i really didnt look at the number to well but i can say for sure that we wee no were near being close to running out of time. Felt like fighting Elder with cooler moves tbh.

LonelyGaruga
May 7, 2014, 09:38 PM
Oh, you didn't say the clock core broke in the post I was replying to. I see you mentioned it afterwards as well, that makes sense then. If your MPA didn't break that clock core, then the fight could easily have lasted for 20 minutes. The core is a massive weak point that is nearly constantly available, so it goes a long way toward shortening the fight considerably.

Miles064
May 7, 2014, 09:43 PM
Oh, had me a bit worried there. I guess my mpa must have done it before cuase i know i was lost the whole fight.

BIG OLAF
May 7, 2014, 09:50 PM
I think player performance is more important then gear for the most part, save for the odd few people who don't even try to be half-way decently geared for their level despite all of the easily obtainable 10* weapons around.

If that was a max crafted Blizzaxe, then I'd find it tolerable. But a normal one is inexcusable.

Nope, regular old Blizaxe.

That's the thing I don't get. These people are a decently high level, usually somewhere in the 62-67 range. 10* weapons are mostly 20-100k. Why the hell would someone just continue to use shit-tier 7-9*s?

Also, I know not everyone has premium. But, come on, they've found more than a handful of 10*s by now, regardless. Plenty of opportunity to better their gear at least somewhat above braindead toddler level.

Macman
May 7, 2014, 09:54 PM
Even if they had the worst luck in the goddamn world, they could get a hold of a Dio 9* and max element it and give it rudimentary affixes and still be able to pull their own weight, and that's if we're talking about weapon types without easy Pyroxene options.

infiniteeverlasting
May 7, 2014, 10:39 PM
Even if they had the worst luck in the goddamn world, they could get a hold of a Dio 9* and max element it and give it rudimentary affixes and still be able to pull their own weight, and that's if we're talking about weapon types without easy Pyroxene options.

I remember back a few months ago I was still using an old goddamn dio sigalga , not fun. My luck was shitty. And braver has no pyroxene alternatives, and TD only dropped shit kougongin that I threw into the trash. Keep in mind that I went thru this suffering for several months of level capped #forevernotenstar. What made it goddn worse was that ten stars katanas were always drops fromgoddamn coast and quarry where there were no aqs for yet, no EQ in those areas, and neither was there anybody ever hunting in the coast in free field. Went hours of soloing hunting and got nothing daily. And yes I soloed up to the point where I double level capped >:/ I'm talking about preshrunk a era as well, I got my dio lacruico around the time when shunka was new. (Don't remember precisely tho, only remember the long shameful journey.)

Hobu
May 7, 2014, 11:06 PM
I had no ten stars, until I hoarded my shop passes and became filthy rich. I just buy stuff from the shop. Affixing? Hunting? Lel.

Arrogance aside, that was a joke. Money-making? Yes. I flipping love it. 11 Star Katanas are the bomb.

Sayara
May 7, 2014, 11:16 PM
I played fatman. My Sazans do no damage to Lucy. No mirage to be had that day, 17 minute victory.

only 1 death. Cuz sword heaven.

stroodle
May 7, 2014, 11:46 PM
Didn't read through the whole thread yet, but when I went to go fight him...
nothing showed up.
The boss never loaded for me, and just me.

I saw people attacking some invisible thing, and I saw them being hurt and killed, but I couldn't see anything besides the stage and other players.
I could move and attack (but none of them could connect), access my menu, and use items. I couldn't get hurt so I couldn't die.
I wasn't dropped or laggy or anything, so I have no idea what the problem was.

I could talk with everyone, including my party members and they confirmed me being there and being seemingly invincible.

When he died, it finally showed the code, then cut to the pose thing immediately and I was able to loot the crystal... I felt like an ass hole.

TL;DR
Just wondering if other people are having issues with the boss not loading.

Ephidiel
May 7, 2014, 11:49 PM
friend who was playing with me had the same problem
he just sat down until it was over
nothing he could do anyway

on another note
on the 2nd Luther EQ the our MP completly froze for like 5minutes due to lag
all the people that were in my party had the problem
we just kept attacking Luther though so when the game finally unfroze the screen got full of damagenumbers

Anduril
May 8, 2014, 02:09 AM
Well, just got my first shot at Luther, and, nine minutes in, an earthquake hits. Had to get up to make sure there was no damage, so I can only assume I died a couple of times in that time (a sorry to those who were in my MP). Overall, I had to say it was a fun mission between the Owls and Luther, though Luther was a bit frustrating since I didn't know his attacks and patterns yet.

LordKaiser
May 8, 2014, 02:15 AM
I was lost in chaos. The 1rst thing that came to mind was to hit the arms but I could not climb the arm. I didn't noticed the diamonds at all so I didn't knew they could break. I thought it was just decorations and part of the monster design....