PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Techs

PhantasySlayer
May 7, 2014, 08:49 AM
Hello,

What are the strongest techs of each element? And what would you say is the strongest tech of them all?

Thanks!

Sizustar
May 7, 2014, 09:45 AM
Depends on the situation

Fire
Ra Foie - is great general use, with long range, able to hit enemy locked on through wall, etc.
Na Foie - High damage, but not as high as Il Foi, but you can move while casting it
Il Foi - Highest damage Fire tech, One of two popluar spell for NPC due to it's high damage.
Sa Foie - Another general purpose tech with good damage.

Ice
Ra Barta - Used mainly for TD1 and TD2 ot trap enemy in ice
Il Barta - One of the new spell that's getting popular, due to it's potentional to stack up high damage.

Lightning
Zonde - WIth it's low PP cost, and high damage on most enemy, it's a easy to use spell.
Zondeel - Most people that do use this, don't try to use it with Zonde type, but to trap enemy for other spell or teamate to finish, use this with Territorty Burst to suck in alot of enemy.
Ilzonde - The newest quick travel for Fo/Te, enable them to catch up to other people using Double dagger dash or Knuckle dashing

Not really familiar with Wind type play.
But Zan and Razan are what I see used most, usually wtih ELS.

Light
Ilgrants, the mahou shoujo sparkle spell, low pp cost, which hit up to 10 time, and high chance to inflict the light status effect, is useful on enemy and boss weak to light.

Dark
Na-Megid, the strongest single damage spell
Il Megid - The dark hand, one of the current popular spell for people to use, due to it's high damage, and ability to hit multiple enemy with one cast.

PhantasySlayer
May 7, 2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks this is very useful!

Is Shifta and Deband even worth using at all?

Sizustar
May 7, 2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks this is very useful!

Is Shifta and Deband even worth using at all?

Shifta can be useful, if you get the time up and atk % up skill with it, even with out, the additional atk up is useful, but craft it, so it cast really quick.

nathanielzor
May 7, 2014, 12:51 PM
Sizu you forgot Sazan 16 cmon.

Sazan16 masterrace.

Rayden
May 7, 2014, 12:59 PM
Sizustar probably meant Sazan instead of Razan. Nobody uses Razan for damage, but the two technics look kinda similar.

Sizustar
May 7, 2014, 01:27 PM
Sizustar probably meant Sazan instead of Razan. Nobody uses Razan for damage, but the two technics look kinda similar.

Yep, but like I said earlier, I'm not familiar with Wind tech, as I mainly use Fire, Ice, Lightning, Dark and light depending on the stage.

Fire - Forest area
Lightning, Tunnel, Quary, and Ruin
Ice - Beach and Underwater

Dark - AQ and TD

Light - Dark Failz Elder

Only recently started learning wind for DF Loser and Beach for Ice/Wind combo

Not that interested in the ELS playstyle

PhantasySlayer
May 7, 2014, 01:58 PM
How hard would it be to cast these hitting back of enemy? I noticed Fo/Fi can stack up the most %s of dmg. Except dark, techer can match dark dmg.

LonelyGaruga
May 7, 2014, 05:28 PM
Fo/Fi is only capable of the most damage for Fire/Ice/Lightning. In order to get higher numbers than Fo/Te for Wind/Light/Dark, you need to be fighting something that Chase Advance Plus applies to, and that list does not include anything more threatening than a mid-boss. Not that that matters, because there is so much more than just damage going on here, like the extra PP regen and Territory Burst gained from a /Te sub, or Dagger/Knuckle dashing and Halfline Boost from a /Fi sub. Considering a sub solely for damage isn't necessarily a good idea.

To specifically answer your question as to the strongest techs...

Fire: Nafoie or Ilfoie
Ice: Ilbarta
Lightning: Sazonde or Nazonde
Wind: Zan, Sazan, or Nazan
Light: Ragrants or Ilgrants
Dark: Ramegid, Samegid, or Namegid

Considering DPS (which is more important than just damage alone) in addition to just going for the biggest hammer. This would basically be what that list would look like. But damage alone isn't good at all. Using even half of these for mobbing would be an exercise in futility and stupidity. Rather, you should be looking at what's useful, and not what causes the most damage.

With that in mind, here's a basic list.

Fire: Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, Safoie, Shifta, Nafoie, Ilfoie

Ice: Barta, Gibarta, Rabarta, Ilbarta

Lightning: Zonde, Sazonde, Zondeel, Ilzonde

Wind: Zan, Razan, Sazan, Zanverse, Ilzan

Light: Grants, Gigrants, Ragrants, Rseta, Anti, Nagrants, Ilgrants

Dark: Ramegid, Samegid, Megiverse, Namegid, Ilmegid

Everything else is basically not worth using, save for niche uses, and not all of these techs listed are intended for purely offensive purposes. Status effects and special properties inherent to the tech, like launch for Razan or movement for Ilzonde, are also considered here. As for why they're there? Try them out and figure it out yourself! That'll do you more good than any text.

And one last thing: Don't craft Shifta for the charge merit. Craft it for the Multi recipe. First, it already gets reduced charge time from Flame Tech S Charge. That means the reduction isn't actually that much more of a reduction, you already charge it quickly. Second, if you're only casting it for yourself, you're getting 45s per uncharged Shifta, which is plenty for upkeep and renders the need to charge it after the first cast unnecessary. Third, if you aren't casting it for yourself, or you can't afford to stay within the field, then you get more from each cast than you would with the Concentrated recipe. Lastly, if, for whatever bizarre reason, you're running Techer main, you get 45s per tick instead of 15, and an uncharged Shifta alone generally gets you the max duration. These reasons, along with the lower PP demerit on the Multi recipe than the Concentrated recipe (the inverse is true for the level 1 recipes, as a heads up), give only a negligible reason for using the Concentrated recipe over the Multi recipe. You only get one more tick from a charged Concentrated recipe than you do an uncharged Multi recipe. It takes two for either to get a full buff, but the Concentrated recipe takes longer to reach that status and upkeep it, time that could be spent actually attacking.

Raid_Hirsh
May 8, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hey LonelyGaruga, what crafting recipe would you recommend for these following Technics?

* Fire: [Rafoie / Safoie / Nafoie]

* Ice:

* [B]Thunder: [Ilzonde / Zonde / Sazonde] (also Zondeel)

* Wind: [Zan / Sazan / Ilzan] (also Zanverse)

* Light: [Ilgrants / Gigrants / Ragrants] (also Resta)

* Dark: [Ilmegid / Ramegid / Namegid] (also Megiverse)

Based on your recommendation, I'm looking to craft my Technics so it would benefit TE/FI's playstyle. I know this isn't exactly the most appropriate question to ask in topic -- but please share some of that wisdom!

Edit: For some odd reason, I listed the Technics exactly how my Technic palette is set up for my corresponding rainbow palettes of wands.

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hey LonelyGaruga, what crafting recipe would you recommend for these following Technics?

* Ice:

Based on your recommendation, I'm looking to craft my Technics so it would benefit TE/FI's playstyle. I know this isn't exactly the most appropriate question to ask in topic -- but please share some of that wisdom!

Edit: For some odd reason, I listed the Technics exactly how my Technic palette is set up for my corresponding rainbow palettes of wands.

Generally, if there's effeciant > Cast time > Multi > power up.
The demierit you don't want is probabely PP increase

PhantasySlayer
May 8, 2014, 12:31 PM
So I got a question, should I just focus on Dark and Fire as dmg sources as a Fo/Te, or should I go Fo/Br and aim for enemy weaknesses?

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 12:56 PM
So I got a question, should I just focus on Dark and Fire as dmg sources as a Fo/Te, or should I go Fo/Br and aim for enemy weaknesses?

Either one works, there isn't a absolute way to play.

As a Techer subclass, you get better PP regen, and access to Dark/Light/Wind skill tree.

With Braver, you only get the default Fire, Ice, Lightning skill tree of a Force, but weakness stance.

nathanielzor
May 8, 2014, 01:04 PM

* Ice:

I'm not even really paying attention to the list but the most important craft techs you should get:
Shifta: Multi-Hit, gives you more pulses to your Shifta in exchange for a little more PP, but makes your Shifta last longer.

Il Zonde: Supercharged, will make your Il Zonde charge faster, allowing you to dash faster. (Better than just spamming uncharged Il Zonde)

Il Barta: I forget what it's called, but if you're running an Elysion build, you definitely want the Il Barta that increases your damage in exchange for charge time. Since you won't be charging with an Elysion, its basically free damage.

Sazan: Efficient, you want the cheapest PP cost on Sazan you can get. Though Sazan is only really viable if you're chillin with an Elysion and Wind Tree.

Other Wind Techs: I'm not sure which ones, but some can get a bonus which has a higher proc rate on Mirage, this is important for the new Dark Falz, who's clock is weak to mirage.

Namegid: If you're going dark build, you're gonna want the Umbral 2 Namegid. You can get an additional 1200% attack which is a significant boost, putting your namegid at around 7600% damage multiplier.

Il Megid: Efficient is best here, get -11 PP, you can spam your Il Megids for a lot longer and you won't run out of PP.

Ramegid: Get the concentrated one I believe. It has a special effect which increases poison proc rate. This is good for bosses so you can poison them and then namegid them.

If you're interested in builds, I'd suggest Pure Dark (FoTe), Pure Fire (FoBr), or Fire/Dark (FoTe). I'd highly suggest pure dark though. Il Megid spam is the best thing right now and you can boss kill anything with a 7600% namegid.

Pure Dark: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07uDbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkjdt9 bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb0000084OI22SqxgAIAbnb ngKIbonI200008kb6ndI2J24XHXIb00000ib000000j

Fire/Dark: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07uDbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkjdt9 bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb0000084OIk2XcKjbnbnIk Ibi200008kb6ndI2J24XHXIb00000ib000000j

Kietsu
May 8, 2014, 01:20 PM
If you're a Te/Fi and use Wand Gear, I highly suggest crafting an Efficient Megiverse. If you cast it without charging, it effectively works as a short-lived, but powerful, lifesteal self-buff. It's a great alternative Resta for keeping yourself at full health in a pinch if used smartly.

LonelyGaruga
May 8, 2014, 01:25 PM

* Ice:

Based on your recommendation, I'm looking to craft my Technics so it would benefit TE/FI's playstyle.

Te/Fi, hm. Running that as well (still leveling though). Are you using Elysion, Halfline Boost, and/or PP Convert? These are important factors for what to craft. I'll try to cover those as well. Bear in mind, my advice isn't really as good as what other people with more experience could give, but I'll do what I can.

Fire: As a Te/Fi, Foie/Gifoie/Rafoie is probably the setup you'd want. Maybe Ilfoie if you have Elysion. Safoie and Nafoie are kind of irrelevant without Force in there, as the 1s charge time and the DPS loss they suffer from make normal wand attacks more useful. Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, and Ilfoie cover purposes that normal wand attacks don't, and in Gifoie's case, it also does what Safoie does to a reasonable extent. Same damage at level 16 (a rare case of power notations matching with actual damage), but slower, with a longer flinch period, letting you easily charge another tech or melee as appropriate.

With that covered, actual recipes would probably look like this:

Foie: Efficient. Low PP cost helps with casting, and it lets you step cancel by charging it for a low cost. This is good for travel or performing multiple Steps to avoid attacks, as well as being able to attack for longer periods of time without worry of running out of PP.

Gifoie: Concentrated. Gifoie is best suited for attacking very large groups of mobs after a Zondeel, for the purpose of flinching them. A faster charge time helps tremendously for this purpose.

Rafoie: Wide. The charge time demerit on the Blazing recipe is too significant to be worthwhile for the damage increase. Because techs don't apply the given status on their stats on a per hit basis, but as a "total" number of hits (this is as inaccurate as power notations), Wide recipe Rafoie is the best way to inflict Burn status, at a 37% rate per hit (74% with Halfline Boost maxed). This is pretty handy for triggering Chase Advance (Plus) on mid-bosses, burning Fang pair when they're in trees, and so on.

Ilfoie: Efficient or no recipe. Elysion Ilfoie is the way to go for a Te/Fi, unless you use a multi-class Rod for it (Concentrated or no recipe in that case). Because the demerit on both recipes is a loss of damage, however, Elysion Ilfoie might not be able to one-shot enemies as a result. In those situations, the merits aren't worthwhile.

If you want to use Safoie and Nafoie, go for the Blazing and Concentrated recipes respectively. Safoie's benefit is its range, so the Efficient recipe's demerit isn't worthwhile, and Nafoie's benefit is DPS, so a shorter charge time helps it out quite a bit.

Ice: Rabarta might be worth looking at here, for its high freeze rate in an AoE, useful for freezing multiple enemies. Multi recipe is the way to go here, if you do use it.

Barta: Ice Fang. Barta's most notable characteristic is the high freeze rate it attains with an Ice Fang recipe. At 45% per hit, Barta has the single highest status affliction rate on a tech. Halfline Boost bumps this up to 90%, making it almost guaranteed. While freeze is the most useless status effect for Chase Advance (Plus), and renders enemies immune to Zondeel's pull, it's definitely worthwhile for TD, sniping enemies from a fair distance.

Gibarta: Efficient. Ice Fang Gibarta suffers a charge demerit, which renders it less useful, while Efficient actually has an additional merit of a slightly shorter charge time for its level 2 recipe. Combined with the lower PP cost, this makes it much more useful for its purpose of flinch locking enemies to death.

Ilbarta: If you use Elysion, and have PP Convert, then you can probably get away with Ice Fang Ilbarta. However, if you do not, and you probably should not, then use Concentrated or no recipe. The demerit on Ice Fang Ilbarta is charge time, and that can make it more difficult to land the 7th hit. Having PP to spare helps make it easier, but the SP spent on PP Convert as a Te/Fi is almost certainly not worthwhile. So your other options are Concentrated or not using a recipe. Concentrated has a damage loss demerit, though a very minor one. Despite that, its merit is only useful for the final hit if you're using Elysion, so if you can land the final hit without the charge merit, then no recipe at all would be the best route to go.

Lightning: Everything looks good here.

Zonde: Both Concentrated and Efficient have merit here. Because Bolt PP Save is not an option, Efficient, which would otherwise be overkill, is actually pretty decent as an option, since Concentrated burns through your PP rapidly. Efficient also has a 33% status affliction rate at level 2 recipe, very handy for applying Shock, but Sazonde can also do this, and its tick damage nature makes it handier for this purpose. Concentrated also has the advantage of, well, charging faster, and that helps for the purpose of sniping distant enemies, particularly if it one-shots. Pretty much up to you here.

Sazonde: Swift, but recipe 1 specifically. Because Te/Fi is lacking in damage for Lightning techs, Supercharged is a little irrelevant. Were we talking Force here, Supercharged would undoubtedly be the way to go. But as it stands, the status rate that Sazonde gives with the level 1 Swift recipe is more useful for Te/Fi. Don't use level 2, its demerit is a status affliction penalty.

Zondeel: Fierce wins by a longshot, solely for its additional level 2 merit: +1m, for a wider Zondeel. There is zero reason to use any other recipe.

Ilzonde: Concentrated. Ilzonde is not a very handy tech for offensive purposes as a Te/Fi, so its travel ability should be focused on instead. Ilzonde travels further when charged, so a faster charge is obviously the way to go. That being said, Te/Fi also has mobility options like Dagger/Knuckle dashing, Regenschlag, and plain old tech canceling Steps. You can probably drop Ilzonde entirely, unless you really want to use it.

Wind: Fit Razan onto your subpalette if you can. Razan is very handy if you want to launch all of the mobs you Zondeel up. Simply Zondeel, Step away, then uncharged Razan. If you use it for switches and boulders as well, go for Multi, as a max merit Multi Razan is three hits uncharged. Otherwise, Windslicer wins by virtue of having no demerit at all, essentially.

Zan: Concentrated. Faster charge time means more boomerangs meaning more damage. Pretty straightforward.

Sazan: Efficient. This is a really easy choice here. Pretty notable, this recipe is the least changed from level 1 to level 2. Its merit and demerit are exactly the same, a minor 2% status rate boost is the only difference. This is testament to how good the recipe is.

Zanverse: Concentrated. The absolute priority is getting it out fast. The sole purpose of this tech is to boost your damage output during parts of a fight where you're supposed to unload as much damage as you can. The PP cost is completely meaningless, because a Te/Fi's damage comes from normal attacks primarily. That being said, with max Territory Burst PP Save and max merit Efficient recipe, Zanverse costs 3 PP. Megiverse can have the same applied to it, making these two techs the lowest costing in the game.

Ilzan: I don't actually know how the Wide recipe extends Ilzan's range. If it extends its length, it is worthless. If it extends its width, it's really good. Concentrated is good either way, though. Up to you which one is worthwhile.

Light: You'll want to use Grants as well, for a similar purpose Rafoie serves. You have the additional benefit of Light Masteries here, which makes it even more relevant than Rafoie. Efficient Grants is my recommendation there.

Gigrants: Concentrated. Same reasoning as Gifoie.

Ragrants: Concentrated. The increase in DPS from the boosted charge time is probably enough to outweigh the Brilliant recipe here. I have no idea whether Ragrants is actually worthwhile or not as a Te/Fi, however, and you may just well be better off with wand swings. Dunno!

Resta: Multi. The demerit is barely relevant when Resta already overheals, and the increased number of ticks mean faster healing, which is more important than stronger heals.

Ilgrants: Brilliant or no recipe. Swift Ilgrants has a status demerit, which automatically makes it questionable, given that Ilgrants is more notable for its status affliction rate than its DPS (though both are very good). Brilliant, however, also has a bad demerit, slowing down the projectiles. Given that Ilgrants' range is a key factor to its usage, no recipe at all would be my recommendation, but if the loss of speed doesn't hinder your usage, Brilliant would work just fine.

Dark: Samegid is pretty handy for long range poisoning. You'll definitely want to try it out for the dragons that get affected by it. The level 2 Umbral recipe boosts the poison rate, while the Concentrated recipe's demerit is a penalty to that poison rate, so Umbral is the clear winner here.

Ramegid: Concentrated. Wins by a longshot by virtue of increasing both its charge speed and its poison rate. Contrast Umbral recipe's poison demerit, and there's no reason to use that over Concentrated. Ramegid's best use for a Te/Fi is poisoning things, so yeah.

Megiverse: Efficient if you solo a lot, Concentrated otherwise. Megiverse gains width and duration from charging it, but there's no need for either if you're solo, making an uncharged, Efficient Megiverse best. However, Efficient Megiverse's demerit is a charge time penalty, while Concentrated only has a higher PP cost. I'd recommend Concentrated by virtue of being the less problematic demerit, but they're both pretty handy.

Namegid: Umbral. A Te/Fi does not need Wide recipe Namegid for mobbing, so there's no need for that recipe, leaving the sheer power Namegid possesses as the only value to look at for crafting. Granted, it isn't actually the best DPS dark offers (at least, that was the case before the level 2 recipes, not sure about now), but it's the easiest to land, and that's what a Te/Fi would value here, as Namegid allows for auto-targeting and hitting things that would otherwise be impossible to melee.

Ilmegid: Efficient. Ilmegid is one of the rare cases where a charge time penalty is not absolutely horrible, because of how much mileage each cast gives you. Since Te/Fi lacks PP Charge Revival, running out of PP during TD can be very problematic, so a lowered PP cost more than makes up for the extra charge time.

And that's about it, I think. Absolutely amazed that this doesn't hit any character limits.

Raid_Hirsh
May 9, 2014, 02:19 AM
Needless to say, I bookmarked this page (especially after reading LonelyGaruga's lengthy post) due to the helpful information that's prevalent within this thread.

Thank you all~

Rayden
May 9, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm looking to craft my Technics so it would benefit TE/FI's playstyle.
Shifta: Multi-Hit, gives you more pulses to your Shifta in exchange for a more PP, but makes your Shifta last longer.
Assuming you have one point in Long-Time Assist, Extend Assist, and Adrenaline, this won't make your Shifta last any longer at all. One uncharged cast will be enough to reach the full two minutes on yourself, and one charged cast will be enough to reach the full two minutes on other players without Adrenaline. The only advantage Multi Shifta has is that the ticks are slightly faster, at the cost of more PP. Personally, I would rather either leave the buffs uncrafted, or go with the Concentrated recipe. Without the Flame Tech S Charge, Shifta takes a while to charge.

Zan: Concentrated. Faster charge time means more boomerangs meaning more damage. Pretty straightforward.
What are your thoughts on Windslicer Zan? It also increases damage (+17.67% damage for +11.11% PP with a perfect craft), but also increases Zan's speed and maximum range. The faster speed results in quicker follow-up hits as it boomerangs around, and increases the chance of getting more hits in before the enemy moves away. Charging Zan faster with the Concentrated recipe is nice too, but that also means you'll be burning through your PP faster. I'm currently using Windslicer Zan, so I'd like to know your opinion on it and if Concentrated really works out to be better.

LonelyGaruga
May 9, 2014, 06:25 PM
Ah, I see my mistake with Adrenaline now. I had thought it was duration, when it was per tick. The two skills use different wording in their description, so it was unclear to me. I had assumed I was doing something wrong when I looked at the duration of my Shifta and saw it was only 2:00 with a point in Adrenaline.

With that in mind, I would still recommend Multi Shifta, because it's better for supporting others. With more ticks per cast, people running through it will still get a 45-90 second buff without even trying. If you're more focused on solo play, then uncrafted probably is the better route.

Regarding Windslicer Zan, I haven't thoroughly experimented with it because I find it preferable to melee when possible. Right now, I only use Zan for targets while I'm approaching, or to inflict Mirage, as Zan has the best Mirage rate. If the status represented works the same as the power notations (that is to say, they assume the same number of hits), it's 10% per hit (as the notation displayed is assuming 2 hits, if I'm reading swiki correctly), which means that every cast is a minimum of about 60%. Other wind techs have their status accurately divided between their hits, besides Nazan and Ilzan (by virtue of being single hits). So Sazan's Mirage rate is actually 1/3rd of what it displays on a per hit basis, only adding up to 20-22% per cast.

With that out of the way, the stuff I use it on is mostly Vardha's back missiles (which are laughably fragile, and can be wrecked with a faster charge more easily), Decol Maluda (who I'm also trying to find an opportunity to Zanverse when there's a break), and Dark Falz Luther (who I'm also always striving to Zanverse around the clock, broken or not). So basically, using Zan specifically for damage isn't something that I consider very necessary. It sounds like, from your description, that if you need pure damage from Zan, then Windslicer might be the better route. However, the faster casting rate on Concentrated Zan gives it a pretty notable advantage in the DPS department, even with lowered damage, and the PP cost is pretty low (18 PP is practically nothing). Add to the fact that you should basically always use Zan in melee range, or at least with the intention of getting into melee range, and getting PP with regular attacks should easily suffice.

Basically, I think the two can be summed up like this.

Windslicer: More damage per cast, slower casts
Concentrated: Faster casts, less damage per cast

For a Te/Fi, I feel faster casting is more preferable here. I consider Te/Fi a class that seeks to consistently deal damage, which faster charges help with. If you're seeking to concentrate on using techs for damage, then it gets a little more muddled as to which recipe is better suited for that purpose. Personal preference is what I'd leave it up to for that goal.