PDA

View Full Version : anyone else here playing as es?

MegaMettaurX
May 8, 2014, 07:25 AM
Its pretty fun. The controls as re awful though.

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 08:36 AM
I use it for the fun point~
And try and get the soul gear to sell for money~

DJcooltrainer
May 8, 2014, 09:01 AM
For a mobile game the controls really aren't that bad. Would be cool if they had support for external controllers, though.

I haven't got past level 15 on any class, though. I usually only boot it up during my lunch breaks at work. It would be nice if you could be logged into PC and es at the same time.

Also, my shop management via PSO2es, pls.

Lyrise
May 8, 2014, 09:05 AM
I play it, kills time on the commute to work, and finding soul receptors is nice. Currently lv.56 BR (and a handful of other classes over 20), some chip combos really just break the game completely.

Also loving the 1 hour EM warning feature (for premium accounts) - totally picked up on the 2 random Dark Falz Loser EMs literally on the first minute of prior hour, allowing me to evade the traffic jam that always happens when you hear the alert play in game.

DJcooltrainer
May 8, 2014, 09:09 AM
I play it, kills time on the commute to work, and finding soul receptors is nice. Currently lv.56 BR (and a handful of other classes over 20), some chip combos really just break the game completely.

Also loving the 1 hour EM warning feature (for premium accounts) - totally picked up on the 2 random Dark Falz Loser EMs literally on the first minute of prior hour, allowing me to evade the traffic jam that always happens when you hear the alert play in game.

The premium notifications are pretty awesome. If they could somehow have it appear as a notification in Android without having to boot up the game, it would be that much better. I usually don't catch the notifications because I don't play it too often. I'll have to try and make a habit of checking more often.

This android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pso2alert) is pretty great for EQ notifications while I'm not playing, but you don't get the advantage of getting them an hour early for premium.

I'm starting to accumulate a lot of PSO/PSO2 related apps on my phone. It's kind of a problem.

Rupikachu
May 8, 2014, 09:36 AM
The premium notifications are pretty awesome. If they could somehow have it appear as a notification in Android without having to boot up the game, it would be that much better.

Wait they're available? Should be able to get the info :3

DJcooltrainer
May 8, 2014, 10:01 AM
Wait they're available? Should be able to get the info :3

They appear as mail messages in your PSO2es inbox, they're not actual Android system notifications. :(

ArataWata
May 8, 2014, 10:14 AM
I play a little bit of it to farm FUN points.

It's pretty good for what it is.

Lyrise
May 8, 2014, 10:15 AM
Given how linked exp works, you may consider logging in more, if you do play ES more seriously.

Any EXP you earn in ES accumulates for your real character, and will apply to your real game character as soon as you log in, to a max of your (tnl -1). (you can't actually level, you can take it to 1 point of levelling).

Any exp you accrue in the real game, applies to your ES character, but it's capped at 1/10th of your required exp for the level, so it does max out quickly and you would need to log into ES to flush out that exp, before you can accrue more exp to send from PC to ES. If you really wanted to level your es character fast at a high level, you would have waited till Falz Arms, run it once, log off, go to ES to flush the exp, and then log back into the real game, repeat for as long as arms was going. (yes its tedious, but at high levels, it's the best way to go about it, since the current final mission only pays out 14k exp, and 50+, you need like 400k to level.

DJcooltrainer
May 8, 2014, 10:32 AM
Given how linked exp works, you may consider logging in more, if you do play ES more seriously.

Any EXP you earn in ES accumulates for your real character, and will apply to your real game character as soon as you log in, to a max of your (tnl -1). (you can't actually level, you can take it to 1 point of levelling).

Any exp you accrue in the real game, applies to your ES character, but it's capped at 1/10th of your required exp for the level, so it does max out quickly and you would need to log into ES to flush out that exp, before you can accrue more exp to send from PC to ES. If you really wanted to level your es character fast at a high level, you would have waited till Falz Arms, run it once, log off, go to ES to flush the exp, and then log back into the real game, repeat for as long as arms was going. (yes its tedious, but at high levels, it's the best way to go about it, since the current final mission only pays out 14k exp, and 50+, you need like 400k to level.

Interesting. My only problem is that I'm usually camped out in a block that's completely full an hour or two before an EQ. Not willing to give up my b10 spot to get the exp. Also, with OTP that seems like it would be super time-consuming, resulting in less runs over-all. If I was already at the level cap on PC and wanted to power-level on es, I might consider it.

Rakurai
May 8, 2014, 02:01 PM
Are there any cards/card combo that are noticeably broken other the Marlu card (Which seems to more or less be a flat 50% damage increase)?

Trying to optimize my kill speed for soul receptor farming purposes.

Lyrise
May 8, 2014, 03:32 PM
Unlock Risa's chip, or make friends with one who does have it. Not only does her chip has stupid high base stats to begin with (seriously, +135 dark), when you unlock Risa's chip, her special ability goes from "Average chance to do additional average damage" (which is about 50% of your base damage) to "Average Chance to do additional high damage" (which is 90-100% of your base damage).

Use Marlu with Risa? Most fights are done in 5 seconds or less if you have a range character or a BR with Hien Tsubaki. If you also have Ohza as well? You can floor bosses really fast. Unlock that Ohza chip too, since it will reduce the defense penalty that Fury Stance (his skill) will cause.

You can only feasibly fit in 3 high level character or Attack chips without going over cost, or having empty slots. So do remember that your friend list is effectively the 4th slot you can take advantage of (even if you have no control over it). Also remember that duplicate chip effects don't stack. In the event you have 2 Marlu chips and they both go off at once, the effect is the same as a single Marlu chip.

My current Chip deck for farming/general chaos consists of: Marlu (unlocked lv70)/Risa (unlocked lv.70)/ Dagash (unlocked lv.30; low-medium chance to cause additional low damage;)/Dimate (for emergency purposes)/Hien Tsubaki 3 (Unlocked lv.70).

Macman
May 8, 2014, 05:29 PM
Goddamn Lyrise did you spend AC to get those chips? The chip scratch hates my guts and all I get are 7/10* techs (I play ranger) and two Tranmizer chips. I'm perpetually out of Rappy Medals.

Vetur
May 8, 2014, 07:10 PM
I've only been starting the es game up to get the login bonus, but if we do get fun for actually playing, maybe I should play more instead of leaving my character at lv 2.

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 07:17 PM
I've only been starting the es game up to get the login bonus, but if we do get fun for actually playing, maybe I should play more instead of leaving my character at lv 2.

You can also earn weapon and armor and items in PSO2es.
And there's a chance for weapon and armor to come with the PSO2es exclusive ability soul receptor, which increase the chance of adding souls.

Lyrise
May 8, 2014, 10:27 PM
Goddamn Lyrise did you spend AC to get those chips? The chip scratch hates my guts and all I get are 7/10* techs (I play ranger) and two Tranmizer chips. I'm perpetually out of Rappy Medals.

Only my leftover AC (because the new 12 scratch pack prices are such a dumb number). I figured it'd be ok anyway, because es itself affects how the real can be played.

If anyone wants a really foolproof way to farm soul receptor and mizer units, arm your best zonde chip, and a 50 element weapon of some kind, and up your element to 250 (very easy to do withyout spending a cent, find 4 lightning autoup+ and level them all). Also rather easy to blast out the final stage in the 2nd to last area when you're effectively doing 3.5x damage base. (if you have a Marlu chip friend, this becomes a "tap the screen and watch a movie affair", even moreso if you go for attack up hexes.)

LordKaiser
May 8, 2014, 10:45 PM
You guys are talking like the Data from PS02es can be transmitted to normal PSO2. It's that the case?

0_0

Rakurai
May 8, 2014, 10:53 PM
It transfers the EXP you earn, along with item drops.

The most appealing thing are the random Soul Receptor affixes, since they're an easy source of money if you sell them due to the relatively low number of people playing ES compared to the main game, which is keeping the prices on them rather high.

Sizustar
May 9, 2014, 03:41 AM

The most appealing thing are the random Soul Receptor affixes, since they're an easy source of money if you sell them due to the relatively low number of people playing ES compared to the main game, which is keeping the prices on them rather high.

And the drop rate for rare sems higher in PSO2es then the main game..
Already got 12+ 10 star that I turned to cube

Macman
May 9, 2014, 03:51 AM
I haven't gotten a single 10* weapon in es yet...
I'm more worried about chip drops and soul receptors, though.

GHNeko
May 10, 2014, 02:18 PM
I'm playing es. It's a reasonably fun game. Though I wonder if I should have installed it on my phone instead of my tablet as my phone has data capabilities, and my tablet is wifi only lol.

Seems the game doesnt need a strong device to run well so maybe my S Relay 4G would be capable of running it...

Though I don't really have much space to spare hahaha.

The bonuses this game gives PSO2 is icing on the cake for me as I do legit enjoy the game itself. I wish the controls were more responsive though..

Macman
May 10, 2014, 03:30 PM
I wish the controls were more responsive though..
Are you playing ranger? There's a bug where using a friend assist attack will render you unable to shoot after dive rolling without waiting a couple seconds. You can still use chips out of a dive roll but without JAing them, there's little use. I haven't touched the friend assist button in forever.

GHNeko
May 11, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'm playing a Braver. I'm also playing on a tablet. So the specific zones for swiping are enlarged and it feels odd and a bit unresponsive. I can only play the game well with the tablet laid down on a flat surface, and my strokes have to be long enough to be picked up.

Pretty sure this game was designed with phones in mind lol.

Rakurai
May 12, 2014, 07:08 PM
Is it just me, or is the damage increase on higher rarity PA/techs negligible to the point of making them not worth the extra CP they cost to use?

A 7* rarity Barta was only doing about 100 more damage then the 4*, but it costs 8 more CP.

The only thing that actually seems better about them is the extra element and HP they provide.

GHNeko
May 12, 2014, 09:39 PM
You'd think that, but IIRC there are chips that restore CP based on various conditions. So that could negate the cost and make it worth while.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 02:53 AM
You'd think that, but IIRC there are chips that restore CP based on various conditions. So that could negate the cost and make it worth while.

Or the Xion chip that reduce PP consumption

GHNeko
May 13, 2014, 07:23 AM
That too.

es has its own little meta and it seems to be a tad bit deeper than what people think or expect.

I also think what would help es usage a good deal is to allow crafting from es as well as access to the visiophone and storage box.

That'd be neat.

Hexxy
May 13, 2014, 09:37 AM
Is it just me, or is the damage increase on higher rarity PA/techs negligible to the point of making them not worth the extra CP they cost to use?

A 7* rarity Barta was only doing about 100 more damage then the 4*, but it costs 8 more CP.

The only thing that actually seems better about them is the extra element and HP they provide.

When it comes down to being able to one-shot a screen or not, the extra CP becomes a non-issue. At 45+ if you're using 250 element and a 10* ability everything just insta-melts. Don't even need any gamebreaking chips at that point.

GHNeko
May 13, 2014, 12:53 PM
Question about elements.

How the hell does the element system work in ES.

I think I got the gisp of it..

The higher the element counter in the bottom left, the stronger attacks of that particular element are right?

And if you use a different element enough (or a chip of another element maybe?)

It switches the element in the bottom left corner.

I'm mostly pulling this out of my ass since I skimmed the bumped guide as I was more interested in finding out what the hell my chips do since there isnt a list yet outside of the basic one on bumped.

Coatl
May 13, 2014, 01:11 PM

Is there a special thing you have to do to transfer anything, or is it automatic?

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 01:22 PM
Is there a special thing you have to do to transfer anything, or is it automatic?

Automatic.

I have Risa, Xion chip(Still need to level them)
ID: Sizustar

kyouyaenzan
May 13, 2014, 01:33 PM
The game is quite fun, although I'm having a hard time understanding what chips do, how damage works and what not.
Anyone know how the EXP transfer works? On PC, it says I can transfer 844 EXP, but on es it says I can transfer over 200k, do I have to keep getting XP and switching between the too or something of the like?

Hexxy
May 13, 2014, 01:52 PM
The game is quite fun, although I'm having a hard time understanding what chips do, how damage works and what not.
Anyone know how the EXP transfer works? On PC, it says I can transfer 844 EXP, but on es it says I can transfer over 200k, do I have to keep getting XP and switching between the too or something of the like?

I believe PC > ES is 10% of level total for that class (which you have to log into to dump, otherwise it stops gaining).

ES > PC I'm not sure there is a limit. I've read that it stops at 1 to next level.

kyouyaenzan
May 13, 2014, 03:24 PM
I believe PC > ES is 10% of level total for that class (which you have to log into to dump, otherwise it stops gaining).

ES > PC I'm not sure there is a limit. I've read that it stops at 1 to next level.

Oh, yeah, that sound about right, I was confused because I looked one time and it was 700 or so, then next time it was 844, but that's probly because it leveled up my class in es. Thank you for the answer, that's really good to know, although it is kinda depressing I can't power level my es classes, haha.

By the way, is it worth spending FUN points in es? I've spent about 5k and didn't really get anything worthwhile... Just some itens needed to evolve chips, but not enough to evolve any of them.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 03:32 PM
Oh, yeah, that sound about right, I was confused because I looked one time and it was 700 or so, then next time it was 844, but that's probly because it leveled up my class in es. Thank you for the answer, that's really good to know, although it is kinda depressing I can't power level my es classes, haha.

By the way, is it worth spending FUN points in es? I've spent about 5k and didn't really get anything worthwhile... Just some itens needed to evolve chips, but not enough to evolve any of them.

What you can get in the fun scratch is set.
You can just check in the drop list
Atk chip max level from Fun scratch is lv.5.
Healing chip is lv.7, this is the only item really worth getting
Awakening chip is lv8
Element up you can only get lv.1

You can see what's in the fun scratch here
http://pso2.jp/es/players/news/?id=13

Macman
May 13, 2014, 10:37 PM
Gotta say, it pays to be premium in es.
With 40 days worth of login bonuses stocked up I'm getting a Rappy Medal every day. Finally got a chip I really wanted today using that.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/r6KmyrM.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
May 13, 2014, 11:11 PM
I wish the 11* star chips were more balanced.

The Lisa and Marlu chips are leaps and bounds better then the rest of them, and most of the activated chips have too short of a duration compared to their CP cost and benefit to be of much use.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 11:28 PM
I wish the 11* star chips were more balanced.

The Lisa and Marlu chips are leaps and bounds better then the rest of them, and most of the activated chips have too short of a duration compared to their CP cost and benefit to be of much use.

Xion chip is good too~

AkumaYouji
May 13, 2014, 11:37 PM
I wish i had an android to play this more seriously, its just not the same on bluestacks and I can imagine gets a great deal harder eventually on top of using a mouse to swipe and attack haha.

Edit: also reading the details on the iphone es sounds like apple users (me unfortunately) just get the shaft as usual seeing as it sounds like its totally independant from PC

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 12:43 AM
Gotta say, it pays to be premium in es.
With 40 days worth of login bonuses stocked up I'm getting a Rappy Medal every day. Finally got a chip I really wanted today using that.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/r6KmyrM.png[/spoiler-box]

That reminds me.

If you get premium in PSO2, does that also count for es?

I'm planning on getting a 30 day premium for PSO2 and it'd be nice to have it for es without paying for it.

Sizustar
May 14, 2014, 12:45 AM
That reminds me.

If you get premium in PSO2, does that also count for es?

I'm planning on getting a 30 day premium for PSO2 and it'd be nice to have it for es without paying for it.

Yes, premium on PSO2 = Premium in PSO2es

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 12:53 AM
Awwww yisss.

Ballin'

Super hype now haha. Thanks.

Now all I need is a decent source for figuring out the chips.

Macman
May 14, 2014, 01:43 AM
Bumped just updated their PSO2es guide to have a bunch of info on more chips. Check there.
Alternatively you can google translate http://pso2es.swiki.jp

Also dat 1 hour EM advance notice is the best <3

Black Hawk
May 14, 2014, 01:52 AM
Do you NEED an android to play this version of the game? Or is there another way I haven't found yet?

Macman
May 14, 2014, 01:57 AM
Bluestacks can emulate an android environment on your PC.

The iOS version comes out tonight, too, but that version is heavily restricted in terms of AC content.

Black Hawk
May 14, 2014, 01:59 AM
Alright Macman, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

kyouyaenzan
May 14, 2014, 03:25 AM
What you can get in the fun scratch is set.
You can just check in the drop list
Atk chip max level from Fun scratch is lv.5.
Healing chip is lv.7, this is the only item really worth getting
Awakening chip is lv8
Element up you can only get lv.1

You can see what's in the fun scratch here
http://pso2.jp/es/players/news/?id=13

Whoa, thanks.

Aside from the Rappy Coin and 400 FUN, and the Emergency Quest mail, is there other benefits to being premium in es? Haven't found any

Also, I must ask this, but how did you guys level up? I didn't get anything good in my rappy scratch aside from a Echo chip, but I'm not playing as force and I don't have any ice element PA to use it with, so getting through the level 25 missions is getting really hard (I'm level 17 atm)...

Macman
May 14, 2014, 03:34 AM
Echo's great, she works for all your attacks not just techs.
Take that chip along for anything you do in volcano. It'll boost your ice element by a lot just being there, and activating it will boost your ice element by another 50%.

I never ran into a leveling roadblock until I reached the 4* quests and things started pushing my shit back in. At that point I just focused on improving my quest scores and daily exploration quests and that got me fairly up to speed.

Rakurai
May 14, 2014, 03:36 AM
So... how does one go about updating the game, now that there's a new update out?

The tweaker isn't detecting any updates for me.

Courina
May 14, 2014, 03:41 AM
got my update from Qoo , but still cant login yet... appereantly they still maint...

kyouyaenzan
May 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
Take that chip along for anything you do in volcano. It'll boost your ice element by a lot just being there, and activating it will boost your ice element by another 50%.

I never ran into a leveling roadblock until I reached the 4* quests and things started pushing my shit back in. At that point I just focused on improving my quest scores and daily exploration quests and that got me fairly up to speed.

Yeah, I still take her in every deck, she's the best card I have atm, I also have a 10* launcher PA (the one you dash and cause an explosion at melee range), but I wanted to use my twin machineguns, but I only have Satellite Aim, it deals good damage but I can't hit anything with it, and when I do, they are at attack range, so I get bitch slapped.
Since I spend 3 rappy coins to get +30 chip slots, I haven't run into any inventory related problems in some time, aside from the normal PSO2 inventory, which I keep it almost full with itens to feed my mags...
I'm gonna try also doing the daily exploration quests!

Macman
May 14, 2014, 04:12 AM
I largely use my Infinite Corandrum with Grenade Shell. The fact that it's all class means I can transparently level up another low-level class for a free energy refill when needed. (Rappy Survey EM for example)

Sizustar
May 14, 2014, 04:29 AM

Echo is like Xeno, and Alfin, raising a element chip.
Echo - Ice
Xeno - Fire
Alfin - Lightning

It's specific, and not as useful as the Marlu(Just attack bonus) Risa(Extra double hit) or Xion(Reduce PP usage) chip

So... how does one go about updating the game, now that there's a new update out?

The tweaker isn't detecting any updates for me.

Bumped has the latest update
And they also added in the chip skill translation now too

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/

Rupikachu
May 14, 2014, 05:02 AM
The tweaker has the game update.

Downloading it now too to see if there is any major changes on eng patch.

I'll also take a look to see if i can integrate that chip translation into it.

Rakurai
May 14, 2014, 06:50 AM
Figures they'd add a recycle shop after I got rid of most of my uneeded medal scratch chips...

Kind of curious as to what the new Dudu card does.

Sizustar
May 14, 2014, 07:18 AM
Figures they'd add a recycle shop after I got rid of most of my uneeded medal scratch chips...

Kind of curious as to what the new Dudu card does.

Matoi - Light element up
Gettemhult - Dark ELement up
Melphonsina - Wind Element

Where can I see the info on Dudu?

Rupikachu
May 14, 2014, 07:33 AM
Matoi - Light element up
Gettemhult - Dark ELement up
Melphonsina - Wind Element

Where can I see the info on Dudu?

I can send you the raw string once i extract them. (They changed a bit the file format again.)

Sizustar
May 14, 2014, 09:01 AM
I can send you the raw string once i extract them. (They changed a bit the file format again.)

Sure, just post it in the topic, or a image of the card works too.

Lyrise
May 14, 2014, 09:16 AM
Dudu and Monica are both attack power up when you get hit (Though Dudu is the stronger of the 2). Both cap out at level 1. Dudu costs 10 AC scratch chips, Monica for 5.

That said when I saw they cap out at level 1, that usually means exp value will be high - Monica when used to level another chip is about 3000 exp. Dudu provides a little over 7500. Feed to other chips of the same element for an instant 1.5x bonus, and maybe pray that you get triple bonus? (I actually managed to get Xion chip from 1 - 50 in one step, using 5 10* rappies and a triple bonus).

As for the update itself, I like that there are more new areas and missions. More areas to clear = higher stamina limit and Chip capacity. Perhaps I can fit in another SSR chip?

Rupikachu
May 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
Eng Patch updated for the latest version.

About Dudu, i see someone was faster than me. Anyway forgot that chips don't have descriptions like items and they're linked to the chip id.

And theeffect explanation file looksl ike this.

[SPOILER-BOX]
1,パラメータ上昇量アップ
2,パラメータ上昇量アップ
3,パラメータ変動量アップ
4,パラメータ上昇量アップ
5,属性強化値アップ
6,属性強化値アップ
7,属性強化値アップ
8,HP回復量アップ
9,CP回復量アップ
10,HP回復量アップ
11,HP回復量アップ
12,CP消費量ダウン
13,ダメージ量アップ
14,ダメージ量アップ
15,ダメージ量アップ
16,ダメージ量/攻撃数/状態異常率アップ
17,ダメージ/弱体化効果時間アップ
18,弱点ヒット時ダメージ量アップ
19,状態異常付与率アップ
20,状態異常付与率/属性強化値アップ
21,HP回復量アップ
22,クリティカル発生率アップ
23,ダメージ量アップ
24,よろけやすさアップ
25,被ダメージ量ダウン
26,ダメージ量アップ
27,よろけにくさアップ
28,より高いHPで発動
29,見つかりにくさアップ
30,特定の種族に対して攻撃力アップ
97,ダメージ量アップ
98,ダメージ量アップ
99,威力アップ
[/SPOILER-BOX]

omgwtflolbbl
May 14, 2014, 12:16 PM
What chips are useful at lower levels? Right now I'm just leveling the trigger booster chips (that trigger elemental when you JA). I feel like I do no damage though lol.

Lyrise
May 14, 2014, 12:50 PM
At lower levels, I would recommend Sol Dinian Chips. Elemental triggers are ok... if the area you are in is weak to that element. Sol Dinian chips though, not only raise fire element, it raises general attack power too.

kyouyaenzan
May 14, 2014, 02:32 PM
Now I feel stupid for having disposed of them a couple days ago.

Macman
May 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
My ability level 3 king yede and 2 gilnas make me cry right now. At least I had enough surplus of techs (I swear the scratch hates my guts) to get the 7* grenade shell.

omgwtflolbbl
May 14, 2014, 05:50 PM
How do you even get a character chip without AC? The jp wiki only has the AC column marked. Are they exclusive for AC users only?

Macman
May 14, 2014, 06:09 PM
Use Rappy Medals. 3 medals for 1 scratch.

Lyrise
May 14, 2014, 08:58 PM
Just finished all of the content in the new update. you actually have enough cost at the end to fit in 4 11* chips (but you'd only be able to fit in 4 chips, period.)

Also, final mission now still pays out the same in exp (14200), but does have better drops, for what its worth.

Here's my new end content loadout.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2es/Update2loadout.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
May 15, 2014, 05:57 AM
Is there some kind of trick to avoiding that stupid dashing swipe the Fang Banther does? It's a lot harder to avoid in ES when you move so much slower and the invincibility frames on dodging are even lower, plus it spams the move constantly.

I ended up having to just zerg it down with my Ranger and use assists to interrupt the attack, because no matter what timing or direction I use for my dodging, I can't seem to avoid getting hit. It also doesn't help that if you get behind it, it'll just do an instant 360 and and come flying straight at you anyways, rather then awkwardly try to reposition itself and jump off in the wrong direction like in the original game.

On the other hand, it's an absolute joke to kill with my Force due to how much better Mirage Escape is for avoiding attacks.

Hexxy
May 15, 2014, 09:18 AM
Just finished all of the content in the new update. you actually have enough cost at the end to fit in 4 11* chips (but you'd only be able to fit in 4 chips, period.)

Also, final mission now still pays out the same in exp (14200), but does have better drops, for what its worth.

Here's my new end content loadout.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2es/Update2loadout.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I prefer not to equip Marlu chip at all. There are so many people with it that you can practically live off having it on a bot (I have ~12 people on my list with the chip and more show up on non-friend list everyday). This frees up a slot for anything else at no loss to you.

Lyrise
May 15, 2014, 09:53 AM
I prefer not to equip Marlu chip at all. There are so many people with it that you can practically live off having it on a bot (I have ~12 people on my list with the chip and more show up on non-friend list everyday). This frees up a slot for anything else at no loss to you.

Not all of the people on friend list, or even the non-friend list have the chip unlocked. the effect is even greater on an unlocked chip - and me having it equipped ensures that I get that effect.

On the flip side, most of my friend list uses Ohza chip/Fury Stance. So I simply use that and multiply the damage even more.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
I know that when you combine the same chip, the ability level goes up, is that batter then unlocked chip?

Lyrise
May 15, 2014, 11:42 AM
Both actually coexist on a single chip, you can have a chip that is both maxed out in ability, and unlocked. I would actually put the benefits gained from unlocking a chip greater than that of ability levelling a chip, especially since the effect is usually dramatically better, and you can't always ability max an SR/SSR grade chip without some seriously good scratch luck or deep pockets.

For active chips, when you merge chips together, and raise the ability level, the CP cost to activate them goes down. For passive chips, if there is a proc rate to that chip, then that proc rate goes up. If there is no proc rate and the ability will always happen upon meeting the condition, then levelling the ability will increase the effect. To tell what's actually going to change when you level up your ability? Look at the stat to the right of the ability level. Whatever is displayed there is what's going to level. For attack/tech chips, this is almost always going to be CP cost.

When you level max a chip the first time, you can unlock it. When you unlock a chip, not only will this allow you to level the chip even further (exp level, not ability level) for greater stats, the ability they yield will change.

For example, lets take a look at the Risa chip (which I honestly think is the best chip in the game if you have attacks that hit many times due to its special and sheer stats gain). It's effect is "Pain hit", which at a medium rate causes a second hit everytime you hit the enemy for medium damage (by medium, it's around 50-60% of your max damage).

When you level up the ability, that proc rate goes up, from medium at level 1, all the way to high, at level 5/max. When you unlock the chip, exp level max goes from 50 to 70, and the skill evolves from Pain Hit, to Pain Hit+, which at medium rate causes a second attack at a high level of damage (90-100% of your max damage). Ability level does carry over when you unlock the chip, so if you had a level max Pain hit, you're going to see a level max Pain Hit+ as well.

To quickly summarize? Unlock should be prioritized over ability levelling. But if you can do both, even better.

Hexxy
May 15, 2014, 01:53 PM
Is there a list of chips on scratch for the week? Or is it just every higher-end chip ever + whatever was added that week?

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 02:15 PM
Is there a list of chips on scratch for the week? Or is it just every higher-end chip ever + whatever was added that week?

http://pso2.jp/es/players/news/?id=95

omgwtflolbbl
May 15, 2014, 04:59 PM
How exactly does element work in this game? It was asked earlier but never really answered.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 05:28 PM
How exactly does element work in this game? It was asked earlier but never really answered.

Each "chip" be that enemy, pa/tech or character chip have a element.
I know that for Tech, using the raise element chip that is the same as the tech will raise the tech chip damage. not sure about Pa though.

Rakurai
May 15, 2014, 06:04 PM
Having element doesn't raise your overall damage against all targets like in the main game, but it does grant a much more significant damage increase against enemies who are weak against it, especially in the case of techs.

Macman
May 15, 2014, 07:13 PM
Packing the right element for the area is a huge difference in this game. Those asshole surprise Wolgahdas always trip me up when I'm packing fire for city quests.

Lyrise
May 15, 2014, 07:21 PM
Of course, unlike the main game, you are able to pack multiple elements. (Think back to PSO1, where your weapons could have multiple damage boosting types) And your weapon also adds to that element, so keep that in mind too.

ShinKai
May 15, 2014, 08:39 PM
Heya, does the Risa Chip only work with weapon attacks? I just got one today on my main who I play as a force. It seems to proc with my talis hits I use to generate cp, but I haven't noticed a proc on the techs I use. If it does affect techs, I can just see if I can find one with multiple hits. If not, I won't have to bother and just keep it for when I switch classes.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 08:45 PM
Heya, does the Risa Chip only work with weapon attacks? I just got one today on my main who I play as a force. It seems to process with my talis hits I use to generate cup, but I haven't noticed a process on the techs I use. If it does affect techs, I can just see if I can find one with multiple hits. If not, I won't have to bother and just keep it for when I switch classes.

It works with Tech, multiple hit tech...that'll probabely be wind or light then.

ShinKai
May 15, 2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks, much appreciated.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks, much appreciated.

But you should probabely pack what ever tech the area that you are visiting is weak to.

omgwtflolbbl
May 16, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with Wolgs and Snow Banther. I don't really get how to best avoid their attacks. Playing as a Ranger, and at best I usually pop in a Grenade Shell after each of their attacks, but it's really slow going and my evasion is pretty inconsistent. It probably doesn't help that they are like twice my level and I seem to do no damage. I'm usually rolling to the side but it doesn't always work.

Evasion in general seems really wonky to me. There are plenty of times where I'm clearly out of range of a Dagan or something yet it still hits me with its melee or whatever, and then there are cases where I'm certain I just got pegged but I took no damage. Are there iframes on Ranger roll like in PSO2 or is this just really bad coding lol.

Also, what is the point of getting a PSE burst/cross burst?

Rakurai
May 16, 2014, 01:44 PM
They somehow managed to make the hitboxes even worse in ES then they were in the main games, and while there is some invincibility on the Ranger roll, but it's low to the point of being almost non-existent.

As far as bosses go, the only one that consistently gives me trouble is the Fang Banther, mostly because I have no idea how the heck you're supposed to dodge its dashing claw swipes, plus it loves to spam the heck out of its stupid instakill move until your hand gets tired.

omgwtflolbbl
May 16, 2014, 02:37 PM
I keep getting this message:
http://i.imgur.com/HDh6Jhy.jpg
The left button just endlessly repeats the message, and the right button quits the game. I have to restart the game to get anywhere. What does the message say/what I can do to prevent it?

Kikikiki
May 16, 2014, 02:46 PM
It's just your net being shit so the game cannot download the data.

Sizustar
May 16, 2014, 02:48 PM
I keep getting this message:
http://i.imgur.com/HDh6Jhy.jpg
The left button just endlessly repeats the message, and the right button quits the game. I have to restart the game to get anywhere. What does the message say/what I can do to prevent it?

You lost your internet connection, please check your wifi or 3G connection.

ShinKai
May 16, 2014, 03:37 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with Wolgs and Snow Banther. I don't really get how to best avoid their attacks. Playing as a Ranger, and at best I usually pop in a Grenade Shell after each of their attacks, but it's really slow going and my evasion is pretty inconsistent. It probably doesn't help that they are like twice my level and I seem to do no damage. I'm usually rolling to the side but it doesn't always work.

Evasion in general seems really wonky to me. There are plenty of times where I'm clearly out of range of a Dagan or something yet it still hits me with its melee or whatever, and then there are cases where I'm certain I just got pegged but I took no damage. Are there iframes on Ranger roll like in PSO2 or is this just really bad coding lol.

Also, what is the point of getting a PSE burst/cross burst?

Wolg's hit box when he slides is much larger than it looks, it's kinda ridiculous. I have to dodge in advance and keep dodging until I'm sure the slide is done.

As for the Banther, stick close to discourage it's pounce and hope it breathes ice? It's ice breath is real easy to punish.

Sure that Dagan wasn't an El Dagan? El Dagans have long range shockwaves after their attacks.

Also, you get modifiers depending on what route you take. If you stack 3 modifiers together, it makes a burst and gives the max of that modifier, either ×1.5, or ×1.6, I forget.

omgwtflolbbl
May 16, 2014, 05:40 PM
Wolg's hit box when he slides is much larger than it looks, it's kinda ridiculous. I have to dodge in advance and keep dodging until I'm sure the slide is done.

As for the Banther, stick close to discourage it's pounce and hope it breathes ice? It's ice breath is real easy to punish.

Sure that Dagan wasn't an El Dagan? El Dagans have long range shockwaves after their attacks.

Also, you get modifiers depending on what route you take. If you stack 3 modifiers together, it makes a burst and gives the max of that modifier, either ×1.5, or ×1.6, I forget.

Nah, I'm sure it was a regular Dagan doing the normal attacks. Sometimes I'd dodge backwards (twice even) before it actually attacks, and it'd still mystically hit me every so often. I always make sure to differentiate between the Dagan types. If I dodge sideways it never hits me, though, so I just do that now. Still doesn't make sense to me.

Also had a glitch where I started a quest out with attack and friend levels at max already... not sure what that was about.

I think I need to level up my character some. My character in es is level 22ish and i'm usually fighting level 39+ stuff now... takes forever. Bosses are especially slow unless I have a friend partner with Marlu equipped.

Sizustar
May 17, 2014, 08:02 AM
Current card load out...still quite a couple to level and release..
http://i.imgur.com/GRq2xsd.png

Ark Card
http://i.imgur.com/FDqVeaf.png

Lyrise
May 17, 2014, 10:01 AM
That would be the holy trinity (Risa, Ohza, Maru). But I'm pretty sure you're just showing off your chips - there's no attack chip, and I can't see you just spamming talis to kill everything. (If it is, I'll be quite impressed)

Sizustar
May 17, 2014, 10:45 AM
That would be the holy trinity (Risa, Ohza, Maru). But I'm pretty sure you're just showing off your chips - there's no attack chip, and I can't see you just spamming talis to kill everything. (If it is, I'll be quite impressed)

Get friends with attack chip, and switch job to match their chip?
But it's more of, I can switch to those as my Main chip, if you need them to.
Just ask~.

omgwtflolbbl
May 17, 2014, 03:03 PM
Meh, I'm still getting wrecked by Fang Banther as Ra. I have no clue how to consistently dodge its pounces. I tried sticking close to it like was advised and got it to 50%, but it eventually jumped away and double pounced. I need to be able to actually dodge the attack itself, since it two shots me.

Lyrise
May 17, 2014, 04:38 PM
It's easier to position yourself behind it. up close. Then all you have to do is backdash once when it tries to kick you, and run back in. repeat until it dies. Or you do, whichever comes first.

Rakurai
May 18, 2014, 01:26 AM
I think they fixed the higher rarity techs in this patch, since the 10* versions now hit nearly twice as hard as the 4/5* ones.

Not really noticing any difference with PAs, though...

emanresuj
May 18, 2014, 01:25 PM
What are good ways to get rappy coins once all missions are complete? I know premium gets one every day, but...

omgwtflolbbl
May 18, 2014, 02:38 PM
...was in a battle with 2 Dinians (green staff with the healing ability) and 2 El Dagans. I killed the El Dagans, but during that time the two Dinians ended up standing right next to each other.

My damage was so low that I literally could not kill them for like 3 minutes while they kept healing each other while I shot/Grenade Shell spammed nonstop. I had a Marlu friend partner, too.

/wrist

emanresuj
May 18, 2014, 03:58 PM
...was in a battle with 2 Dinians (green staff with the healing ability) and 2 El Dagans. I killed the El Dagans, but during that time the two Dinians ended up standing right next to each other.

My damage was so low that I literally could not kill them for like 3 minutes while they kept healing each other while I shot/Grenade Shell spammed nonstop. I had a Marlu friend partner, too.

/wrist

wow, what level were they? ; ;

Rakurai
May 18, 2014, 04:42 PM
Techs feel kind of overpowered right now.

That or PAs are underpowered, because I'm only able to hit for about 1.2K damage with an unlocked 10* Zero Distance using the second best launcher available and 150+ element, where as my normal 10* Foie is hitting for 2.2K with the same amount of element and an equally strong weapon.

wefwq
May 18, 2014, 09:33 PM
How do i beat fang banther in this game without spending any rappycoins stuff?
He got tons of HP and hits like freight truck.

Macman
May 18, 2014, 09:36 PM
Try to stay behind and close to him. His back kicks are way easier to dodge than his dive spam.

Rakurai
May 18, 2014, 09:44 PM
I've tried that, but it didn't really change much.

It still spammed the heck out of its dive, and randomly would do an instant 360 to perform its pouncing attack.

wefwq
May 18, 2014, 09:46 PM
Try to stay behind and close to him. His back kicks are way easier to dodge than his dive spam.
Thanks i just notice that he stop dive n swipe when i do this, but he still killing me somehow when he tried to do jump attack.

Btw anyone know what ability level affect for PA chip?
And where i can get *7 bullet bow chip?

Lyrise
May 18, 2014, 09:49 PM

/wrist

Situations like this are why friends with actual attack chips are useful. When you max out the friend PSE, your assist attacks will do 2x damage. If they carry attack chips, rest assured that they will do plenty of damage, usually enough to oneshot most monsters. A personal example for me is when I go to use one of my force friends with 10* zonde. At max friend PSE burst, that assist attack can hit upwards of 10000 damage. that's enough damage to completely oneshot transmizer. When I have my attack chip out, I have friends reporting to me that I'm outputting on average 6-8k damage for them.

To summarize: Maru Ohza and Risa chips wholly depend on your stats. High boost of low stats will still net you low results. Attack chips might be the better answer, since they will also add to your friend's assist attack, and can be boosted by your actions (PSE max).

Macman
May 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
Friend assists are a BAD idea to use as a ranger. There's still a bug in the game where if you use a friend assist, you can't shoot your rifle after dive rolling for the rest of the battle.

Sizustar
May 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks i just notice that he stop dive n swipe when i do this, but he still killing me somehow when he tried to do jump attack.

7 and 10 star chip are AC and Rappy coin scratch.

You can try to play as a force with a Tali.
9~10* tali isn't that expensive.

omgwtflolbbl
May 18, 2014, 10:00 PM
I've been avoiding using the Friend assist after I read that it bugs as a ranger (Macman's post on page 3). I should probably test it out again later to see if it's still bugged. I play on either BlueStacks with a glitchy mouse (it double/triple/turbo clicks instead of being "held down" quite often, making me shoot instead of dodging a lot) or on my iPhone 4 (on which the game is like a slideshow, and so commands often don't register in any form at all), so it can be hard to tell what's a bug or not sometimes...

At around what level can you use a +10 9* weapon at "full strength"?

Macman
May 18, 2014, 10:04 PM
ability level for PAs makes them cost less CP
Rappy medal scratch for 7/10* chips
You can trade in 3 rappy medal scratch chips at the item recycle shop to get a 7* PA of your choice.

wefwq
May 18, 2014, 11:21 PM
ability level for PAs makes them cost less CP
Rappy medal scratch for 7/10* chips
You can trade in 3 rappy medal scratch chips at the item recycle shop to get a 7* PA of your choice.
Wow, thanks a bunch.
I don't realize they add option to recycle stuff.

And more question:
I just realize that i'm able to lock on to certain boss parts, like dark ragne legs or vol tails and head.
Is it breakable or something? Will it affect drop from those boss?

Rakurai
May 18, 2014, 11:48 PM
All it does it turn the targeted spot into a weak point once it takes enough damage, assuming the part was breakable in the original game.

Macman
May 19, 2014, 04:20 AM
You still get the appropriate unit drops from doing that, though. I've gotten 10* Ragne units by smashing a leg.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 08:32 AM
Which Mizer quest do you guys usually spamming while hunting for Mizer soul/soul receptor stuff? I've been spamming the 4* one the past couple of days but have yet to get a single item with the combo. I usually just get Meseta... which instantly turns into a 4 drop meseta ring in my head.

Also, just to be sure... if I have an unlocked/released Lisa chip, I can still level up its ability using locked/unreleased Lisa chips, right?

Lyrise
May 20, 2014, 08:57 AM
Transmizer is stingy - you do have the right quest for farming, though I find that the 5* quest (for a bit more stamina) has a better drop rate and chance for rappies, which is nice, ever since they suspended that pseudo-random Rappy quest scheduling (it would appear twice a day, randomly between 3 specific time blocks)

Chips will level in ability as long as the base chip is the same. Does not matter whether it is locked or unlocked.

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2014, 11:20 AM
This week's update to ES is mighty interesting.

The 3 new class locked battle trials (Fighter, Gunner, and Techer) just like the 4 before it, that it replaced, offer 3 slot and 4 slot Soul Receptor weapons as a score bonus (pre-loaded with an attack affix lv3). Furthermore, anyone who ever wanted to obtain additional Eternal Heats and H10 Missouri T without starting a new character can finally do so - they drop in the Fighter and Gunner trials respectively.

TE though kinda get shafted - the special drop in there is Rafmeli (Wopal conversion wand, you find tons of these in Seabed). However, the mission itself has more boosted encounters than the other 2 - so anyone looking to farm any more receptors might want to take heed.

Eternal255
Jun 4, 2014, 02:30 PM
How do you "ability level" chips? I read stuff in the first few pages about it here but am still kind of confused.

Macman
Jun 4, 2014, 02:58 PM
Use the same type of chip as fodder for chip grinding.

Eternal255
Jun 4, 2014, 03:33 PM
Use the same type of chip as fodder for chip grinding.

has to be same rarity too or no?

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2014, 03:42 PM
It doesn't have to be the same chip, but the ability (including it's level in the name; i.e. Rising Edge 3) must be the same. The exception however is unlocked chips - those chips will have abilities marked with a +; you can ignore that plus, as long as the ability name is the same, it will work.

That said, at this time in the game though, no 2 chips have the same ability.

Bokugo
Aug 19, 2015, 04:41 AM
Bringing this back from the dead instead of making a new thread.

Is there any way to increase the chip inventory (that doesn't use real money)?
Also I got a chip with a little symbol next to it. It looks like daggers and I'm a ranger so I'm guessing it's a weapon skill. I tried looking it up but the place I go for translations hasn't updated yet. I just didn't think a character card could be weapon specific like techs.

Dycize
Aug 19, 2015, 05:16 AM
You should try looking at this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218349) which is much more active for PSO2es stuff.
However, yes, you can increase your chip inventory by increments of 10 using 1 rappy medal (pretty worth it imo).
Does this chip have the basic HUcaseal on it and the twin daggers logo on the bottom left? If yes, it's the twin daggers boosting chip (random chance of activating, gives an HP regen effect when it's on and increases the damage of twin daggers PAs).

Bokugo
Aug 19, 2015, 05:27 AM
Cool I'll check that out.

Just 1 more question, where do I buy the inventory slots? I tried looking around but I still can't find it.

Never mind I found it. It's in the AC shop.

drakkalen
Aug 20, 2015, 08:31 AM
Anyone playing this on bluestacks should take advantage of their new key mapping feature. I've got it setup so I can dodge in all directions, change targets, activate the friend attack, do a regular attack and a PA on diff keys, and it makes it sooo much more consistent. I never miss JAing PA, or accidentally dodging cuz I wasn't 100% accurate with the regular attack click now. I'm sure you could also set it to activate other chips on a keypress if you are one of the strange types with more than PA as manual activate. :-P