PDA

View Full Version : Strange NP1002 error

manthisis
May 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
Whenever I play the game when I turn on my computer, after a few minutes, I get an error message that doesn't even have a number. Then I try to play again and, after a few minutes of playing, I get the NP1002 error. I restart my computer and this seems to go away.

Why does this happen? I have the PSO2 bin folder and PSO2 tweaker whitelisted in my antivirus, and turning it off isn't an option since I browse the internet a lot during my playing time. What should I do?

I don't have any updates in Windows Update available.

tuxdude143
May 8, 2014, 06:06 PM
Thats gameguard acting up. Try selecting fix game guard errors in the tweaker (Open the menu, troubleshooting, Fix gameguard errors

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 06:07 PM
It should be the antivirus, turning it off is the only option, as it's causing conflict with gameguard.

You can also try this fix here
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/1jqd75/problem_solved_np1002_and_np0_fix/

manthisis
May 8, 2014, 06:14 PM
It should be the antivirus, turning it off is the only option, as it's causing conflict with gameguard.

You can also try this fix here
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/1jqd75/problem_solved_np1002_and_np0_fix/

I've run the gameguard error fix many times and it hasn't worked.

Also, I don't understand this link. How do you do that fix?

seilent
May 8, 2014, 06:20 PM
Try to turn off AV first then run the game for some mins, if not error it's AV issue, if still persist then it's another cause..

manthisis
May 8, 2014, 06:31 PM
Is there any way to play this game error free while still keeping my AV up? I whitelisted the program and everything so I can't see how it would be the problem

Sizustar
May 8, 2014, 06:35 PM
Is there any way to play this game error free while still keeping my AV up? I whitelisted the program and everything so I can't see how it would be the problem

Not really, Gameguard is the main problem, whitelisting the pso2.exe won't change anything, and gameguard doesn't play well with antivirus.