PDA

View Full Version : Adding Abilities to weapons: confused

ChickenPlate
May 8, 2014, 10:42 PM
I tried adding two weapons with the lower burn 1 ability to my gun which also has Burn 1, in order to increase the Burn rate, according to PSO Cirnopedia. However, the Burn option doesn't even appear in the abilities to add. So instead of upgrading the Burn, I decided instead to replace the other two abilities of the original gun with ability and shoot, but after that my Burn ability disappeared completely. and every time I try to add something, the whole ability set gets wiped. What the heck am I doing wrong here?

ChickenPlate
May 8, 2014, 10:57 PM
Ok, I think a better question to start with is: What determines the List of eligible abilities?

ChickenPlate
May 8, 2014, 11:02 PM
Next Question: When I am selecting special abilities, am I not just adding abilities, but also replacing all previous ones with the abilities being added?

AzureBlaze
May 9, 2014, 12:37 AM
I also am confused about adding abilities, but I have been adding them for a while just randomly so I can probably answer one of the things (correct me if I am wrong)

If you try to add various abilities, they DO seem to always replace all the previous ones.
This is dumb.
You should be able to just pick one to replace, not FORCE to replace every single one. It makes it nearly impossible to get the right abilities, because, like you said, sometimes you find a bunch of stuff with the ability you want, then it not only won't let you put the one you want, but forces you to replace what was already there with a batch of irrelevant stuff. Can we just not fill all the add-slots? No.

You can increase the chance of the ability adding by putting lots of things with that ability at once into the 'use up' materials pile. Like you wanted Burn 3, on something with Burn 1, if you get together like 4 things with "burn" on there, you should get a decent chance at it.

WHY does sometimes one of the abilities that should be eligible...just not?
Never found out. It's ridiculous.

CAN you put:
Mark Joyo
Mark Angar
Mark _____
All Resist

onto anything? I suspect these abilities will never transfer off their host item for some reason.

Kietsu
May 9, 2014, 12:41 AM
I also am confused about adding abilities, but I have been adding them for a while just randomly so I can probably answer one of the things (correct me if I am wrong)

If you try to add various abilities, they DO seem to always replace all the previous ones.
This is dumb.
You should be able to just pick one to replace, not FORCE to replace every single one. It makes it nearly impossible to get the right abilities, because, like you said, sometimes you find a bunch of stuff with the ability you want, then it not only won't let you put the one you want, but forces you to replace what was already there with a batch of irrelevant stuff. Can we just not fill all the add-slots? No.

You can increase the chance of the ability adding by putting lots of things with that ability at once into the 'use up' materials pile. Like you wanted Burn 3, on something with Burn 1, if you get together like 4 things with "burn" on there, you should get a decent chance at it.

WHY does sometimes one of the abilities that should be eligible...just not?
Never found out. It's ridiculous.

CAN you put:
Mark Joyo
Mark Angar
Mark _____
All Resist

onto anything? I suspect these abilities will never transfer off their host item for some reason.

Mark abilities can't be transferred to another. In fact, you need to be using two fodder items that both have the same Mark as your target item to even be able to -keep- a Mark on the item.

Aurorra
May 9, 2014, 12:49 AM
Mark abilities can't be transferred to another. In fact, you need to be using two fodder items that both have the same Mark as your target item to even be able to -keep- a Mark on the item.

You can't even retain a Mark ability, those are there purely for if you want to use the weapon as is.

Aurorra
May 9, 2014, 12:58 AM
I don't know why Burn I didn't show up when you were trying to upgrade your gun, it should have, you only need a single status type affix to attempt to transfer. Here's how available abilities are decided:

1) Any status effect on your weapon or the fodder should appear
2) Any stat bonus on your weapon or the fodder should appear (Power, Shoot, Technique, Body etc.)
3) Having two or more of the same stat or status effect will cause the next level to appear in the ability list.
4) If a Soul, Stigma, or Modulator is on two or more of the items you are working on it should appear.
5) Lucky Rise, Meseta Rise, Exp Rise, any Mark, and several other special abilities cannot be transferred or retained.

Next Question: When I am selecting special abilities, am I not just adding abilities, but also replacing all previous ones with the abilities being added?

Correct

Kietsu
May 9, 2014, 02:01 AM
You can't even retain a Mark ability, those are there purely for if you want to use the weapon as is.

Geez, really? My previous response was just based on what I'd been reading. That's pretty silly, then.

Aurorra
May 9, 2014, 02:40 AM
Geez, really? My previous response was just based on what I'd been reading. That's pretty silly, then.

I don't think so, it gives you the opportunity to find something with incredible affixes like Relevant Soul, Mark Angar, and Stat III or IV.