PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use drop rate boosters?

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 9, 2014, 06:14 PM
Im tired of wasting them on non kill DF PT's :(

What's the safest way of using them without wasting them?

So far I've done 4 DF's but two of my 250% drop rate boosters have gone to complete waste because the MPA just can't kill DF in time instead they are on the floor face down like little bitches with their high PP and DPS ONLY DOOD! BUILDS.

Its kinda useless to use a moon on them cuz as soon as I use it they all die in one hit and to make matters worse it puts me in danger.

Dark Matter
May 9, 2014, 06:19 PM
Id say its best to wait for drop boost days then doing Xqs with a party so its easier to get stones

ashley50
May 9, 2014, 06:20 PM
On the last notice before its defeated?

fay
May 9, 2014, 06:21 PM
I would still use them on Falz but only just before it dies.

I'm fed up with doing this Falz because of the amount of people that are liabilities in this game. Those B20 people are just horrendous. It drives me mad that someone can be so bad at an easy game. Just there in that last run, some guy called HimihiruXIII died at LEAST 15 times yet he was the one to make the comment about how the team was a fail...

To anyone reading this - do you have a team that I can join that isn't full of B20 people, with the exception of the 1% of B20 that actually plays the game and is good?

isCasted
May 9, 2014, 06:23 PM
If you want job done, do it yourself. Get multiclass TMGs with Mirage, invite people with WB to your party, have someone who can heal or Sazan.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 9, 2014, 06:24 PM
Lmao, ive met people like that before. Who are just total garbage but blame the MPA instead.

Its funny how people are always like "dying doesn't matter" XD

Once you run out of moons it def starts to matter. However im starting to just leave these idiots now. Since they don't really contribute much in terms of damage anyways.

fay
May 9, 2014, 06:25 PM
I've actually started blacklisting these people now because I wish to never party with them again :/

Next time he appears, provided I'm on can someone send me an invite? I play Fo/Te so I have the mirage thing sorted and can help out with buffs etc.

btw-Niji
May 9, 2014, 06:26 PM
IMO you should only use drop rate boosters in TD1 and TD2.

You'll get a lot of excubes!!!

KatsuraJun
May 9, 2014, 06:26 PM
1. stop playing in b20
2. stop playing in b20
3. stop playing in b20

that's how

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 9, 2014, 06:27 PM
I was in B10 ^^;

We just failed it too. There was a bunch of foreigners in B10 tho I should have left.

I never understood why the b20 garbage just doesn't stay in B20.

KatsuraJun
May 9, 2014, 06:28 PM
b10/11 is b20 during scheduled TD and I presume loser too since some people are goddamn terrible at them.

all the b20s flock to the "pro" blocks in preparation for them

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 9, 2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks i'll keep that in mind :)

It was kinda weird seeing so many foreigners in B10 to be honest.

fay
May 9, 2014, 06:32 PM
Even B20 people think they're too good for the average B20 player. If they only knew.
I don't think any block is safe now since they all flock away sadly :(. I actually wish I picked a different ship now.

omgwtflolbbl
May 9, 2014, 06:32 PM
If you don't plan on playing much unless there's another EQ, you could just pop it at the end and wait until the next TD or whatever to show up before running anything again. I also got one +250% to last over 2 Loser EQs by popping it at the end of the first, and running only normals for the second. The downtime from restarting the mission and such keeps the boost from wearing down too much and coupled with a fast kill allowed me to get the second run out of it.

I used a boost at the end of this last EQ and I still have 29 minutes on it for the upcoming TD.

Arksenth
May 9, 2014, 06:34 PM
Move to a ship other than Ship 2.

Ohohohohohohohoho!

Dnd
May 9, 2014, 06:36 PM
they are on the floor face down like little bitches with their high PP and DPS ONLY DOOD! BUILDS.

Um, im a high dps and PP only affix'd build but I wasn't stupid and picked up an all-class tmg with mirage 3 and picked up an iron will tree aswell...

I die once, pretty much to the second timestop while maintaining 87% of my normal dps.

I pop boosters when he hits 10%, then use the rest for tower farming/AQing or just wait for a TD or random loser to pop up. I've recently managed to get 2 losers per ticket while killing 7-8 aposiles in SH so im not leeching off the killcounter

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 9, 2014, 06:39 PM
So ima just pop my boosters when he's practically dead then. Just in case he doesn't die =P

KatsuraJun
May 9, 2014, 06:45 PM
it's really not that hard to avoid shit players

i've only failed a TD/Loser once and it's when I was forced to go to B20 yesterday because a friend couldn't make it into b16 at the time.

you just avoid the popular blocks during scheduled things and try to get into them during other times for the random eqs

or if the block looks like b20 during the 15 min wait with people spamming moronic crap all over the place that's probably a sign to gtfo too.

i don't have prem right now and i can still find decent blocks, outside that derp as fuck b20 run the clear times I've had with loser so far are 20 min on the first day and after that 8 and 5 min.

Shinamori
May 9, 2014, 06:48 PM
Why don't you run with your team mates? But, if you wanna waste, them, why not in AQs? Say like seabed? 40mil+ TMGs from spiny darker bird.

fay
May 9, 2014, 06:49 PM
I'm envious. I timed out on the last run. Felt like it was me and maybe 1 or 2 others doing the only work.

Dnd
May 9, 2014, 06:58 PM
So ima just pop my boosters when he's practically dead then. Just in case he doesn't die =P

well obviously dont pop them if you dont think you'll get him, but a good sign is if he hits 50% hp (first timestop, give or take) with 16-18 mins on the counter left. music change at 9-10 mins, 10% at 4mins

Lego
May 9, 2014, 07:03 PM
If u leave MPA within 5 min you're a loser.

gaijin_punch
May 9, 2014, 07:21 PM
I've not read the thread so this might have been mentioned, but this is how I use the 250% boosters.

- DF Luther... just before he dies. You will get a handful of 10-star turds... hopefully at least 6. Recycle them for 6 Ex-Cubes and get another 250% drop booster.
- Towers (old and new) Same as above, but do it sometime around the very end of the last wave to be sure. This will make it last for both of your runs assuming you clear the 2nd one as well which doesn't seem to be must of a problem. Again, you should get at least 6 10-star weapons between the two runs. Off to the recycle shop you go.

In the above 3 quests, you'll also get a number of 10-star units. Use 5 to get a Photon Sphere and trade it in for a 75% XP booster. Rinse, repeat. Any of them will leave you with X minutes of 250% boost...especially the DF quest. I'd recommend advanced, but get ready to get a ton of 7-9 star items and maybe no 10-star items. This is coming from experience.

Other than that, I use them in Extreme simply to get the Extreme only items, but this is purely me using them and not expecting to get anything back out that I can recycle. For the 50% drop boost last week I added a 50% for the first half or so and a 250% for the last half, and got shit. I used no boost (save for a single 75% drop boost) my 3 runs before (Forest & Dragon 1-60) and got an 11-star unit each time. Unfortunately none of them went together as a set, but oh, well...

gaijin_punch
May 9, 2014, 07:24 PM
Keep your item pack as empty as possible, btw. I got about half of the booty off of the floor after the new DF yesterday and was transferring it into storage when my router crapped out. :(

omgwtflolbbl
May 9, 2014, 08:01 PM
Don't you need the 250% booster running for the entirety of the TD to get the most of it? I thought someone on these forums said that the ending crystal is actually the drops you would have regularly gotten, just all piled into that one crystal.

HaxMega
May 9, 2014, 08:04 PM
Yea, most TD loot is calculated as enemies die during the waves. The only things that aren't are 11*'s and a few random 10*'s that come from the crystal itself.

gaijin_punch
May 9, 2014, 08:56 PM
Pretty sure not. Just going off of the few times I've done it. A team member queued me in. And the new DF is really hard to say (only fought him 3 times) but I'd assume not as well.

I'm about to do it on the towers in an hour -- will let you know the findings.

gaijin_punch
May 9, 2014, 10:38 PM
LOL. Forgot to take the damn booster before the first box. But even so, I got like 5 10-stars after counting the Special Weapons. The 2nd time I got 6. Worth noting, we had damn near the full tower health gauge the first round, and only half (lost 1 tower, pathetic) the second. I know it's not confirmed but the consensus seems to be your drop rate is better the larger the tower gauge is. For now, I'd say for peace of mind take the booster somewhere around Wave 2 to make sure it's running the whole quest, and you'll easily break even. Maybe get an 11-star thrown in.

Taurus83
May 9, 2014, 10:52 PM
Keep your item pack as empty as possible, btw. I got about half of the booty off of the floor after the new DF yesterday and was transferring it into storage when my router crapped out. :(

this I don't agree, I got my item 40/50 full, I also got dead no ppl care to revive me but I revive them and got no exp and meseta back from campship, I dun used any rare boost, at the end I get 11s bow, so how to describe?

Dnd
May 9, 2014, 11:00 PM
^ RNG being RNG, nothing more nothing less to discribe

TD loot is mostly calcuated when the mob dies, so popping a booster on wave 3/4 on the first run works for me. if you get fast mpas you can clear the 3rd run with under a minute left.

you get more loot rolls for the crystal (Read: where most of the 11/10* calcuations are done) the higher your rank, whatever that means i have no idea, but more chances are better >_>'

However, RNG can be a fickle beast. S-rank run tonight was 4 10*s on 300% rdr, but B-rank was 11 10*s on the same rare drop rate tickets.....

gaijin_punch
May 10, 2014, 01:15 AM
this I don't agree, I got my item 40/50 full, I also got dead no ppl care to revive me but I revive them and got no exp and meseta back from campship, I dun used any rare boost, at the end I get 11s bow, so how to describe?

It's to save the hassle, that's all. To each their own, but had I had more space in my pack, I'd have gotten more items. Of course, I didn't know the router was going to take a shit on me, but hey...

Back on topic, another (seemingly) good place to use the boost is on a few ADSH bosses. The rare versions of both bosses in the... uh... factory? (Not sure what you call it in English) are pretty generous. I usually get 3 10-stars out of Embryo Vader and up to 5 out of the other (with no boost). Use the boost to get a couple of more, and hopefully the elusive 11. Just a thought.