PDA

View Full Version : What is the plot of Wild Easter? Why does no one do the last run right?

AzureBlaze
May 9, 2014, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know what is the plot of A Wild Easter?
Huey & Xie seem to have a lot to say to each other (and you?) that won't translate, even with the story patch. They pop up with something to say every couple of presses of 'the big button'. It's likely a silly / frivolous plot but just curious if it's funny.

Rant:
Why does no one run the "final available run" of Wild Easter "correctly" ?

Facts of quest
The amount of runs you can do depends on how fast you can do them
You can just run back and forth between the buttons instead of doing the roundabout/circuit to cut time and fight more bosses
There is always a "final avail. run" of the quest, at a time such as 28 minutes past the hour, starting this "last run" you are NEVER going to get another run at 2 min till end--no matter how fast you go.

Why does no one run the circle /roundabout on the "last available run"?
It's already established that the half hour is over. Speed no longer matters. Why not get the maximum EXP & drops out of the run by killing more monsters? I can understand rushing runs to maximize # of runs per EQ period, but there will always be "the last run you can do for the period" Why does no one see stats like this are real?

1 Wolgada dies = you get about 1200 exp & about 1 min or 30 sec to kill, but you only get 3 of these maximum because you push a button to get it

1 Dingale / Luda Sorc etc. dies you get about 342 exp & 1 of these dies literally every second in a MPA, sometimes 4 or 5 at a time (they're never alone though, there are always smaller monsters)
1 Spardan or Solda dies you get get about 200something exp & 1 of it dies every second, but 10 or 12 can spawn at once & swarm the party regardless of larger monsters.
You can do the math on this, time vs exp getting ratio or whatever 200 x 12 = 2400 exp in under a minute with a 12 person MP.

It takes about 1 or 2 minutes to kill all these and keep running thru where they are to get back to a button if everyone is actually trying to shoot mobs / not just ignoring them/pushing past. You usually get a good couple spawns worth of random enemies too, not just 12 things and then open landscape.

It's pointless to ask (it won't fix anything & nobody cares)
But why is everyone in such a rush to end the quest & miss all the EXP? If a 300+ pt guy is dying EVERY SECOND how is that bad? They all hammer the buttons and then jump back up into the lobby and whine about how "There's no exp in this game it is boring poop the monsters are too sparse".

Do any parties still do 'the right way' at the end?
Ever since after like...the first 2 days this quest was out I've never been on one that has not done the "skip half the map, just go rush the buttons". It's odd because usually the MPA's are really efficient, finding the fastest way to maximize runs & exp & rare opportunities. It's not like the Lead Border Break either with mizers at the start / everyone quits to avoid conveyor belt annoyance either.

gigawuts
May 9, 2014, 10:31 PM
Boosters. People want yashas, not however many 5 digits of exp.

The_Brimada
May 9, 2014, 11:06 PM

Pretty much this.

Maenara
May 9, 2014, 11:09 PM
B>Ability to separate runs looking for drops and runs looking for EXP.

strikerhunter
May 9, 2014, 11:46 PM

I find this really funny because most MPAs just zergs the FK out of Hunar without breaking the sword.

seilent
May 9, 2014, 11:47 PM
Even VH doing same thing now D:

gigawuts
May 9, 2014, 11:48 PM
I find this really funny because most MPAs just zergs the FK out of Hunar without breaking the sword.

It's painful, isn't it?

Chdata
May 9, 2014, 11:52 PM
Usually when I say 'break sword for 30m' they don't.

Usually.

Sometimes.

oratank
May 10, 2014, 12:00 AM
even 300 boost hunar still die before pull his sword (´・ω・`)

omgwtflolbbl
May 10, 2014, 12:53 AM
I think I've only seen his sword broken once in all the Wild Easter EQs I've run.

Dugs
May 10, 2014, 01:05 AM
So much like the sword that you break to get his sword, Yasha is the same?

Vampy
May 10, 2014, 01:18 AM
I started started using a character I've been neglecting for months now. It happens even on hard. I just go with the flow though I'd wish people would kill all the spawns the final run.

Dark Matter
May 10, 2014, 01:50 AM
Cause rares and money matter more than exp. Exp can easily be gained at any time.
But the opportunity and value of items fluctuates meaning a person can make a decent profit
from selling just one specific item and continuing the game with a fat wallet from just a run meaning
they wont have to spam Tacos time orders everyday for the rest of their lives and with wise investments they make more money.

Edit: Is there a rant thread where people can post their awful experiences and faults they found in the game?

Evangelion X.XX
May 10, 2014, 02:09 AM
^Here ya go:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

strikerhunter
May 10, 2014, 02:13 AM
It's painful, isn't it?

Yep, 99.9% of SH mpas I've been through they always zerg him and sword is happenly untouched (regardless of blocks because even JP MPAs do it too). Communicating with the MPA doesn't even help much unless Hunar somehow manages to survive and do his AOE and somehow kill everyone else but you (in this case me) where you can just mock them until his sword is broken before rezzing.

Dark Matter
May 10, 2014, 02:14 AM
^Here ya go:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Thank you very much :-D

seilent
May 10, 2014, 04:36 AM
So basically

SH :
- Wanna get nice rares 10+
- Using Droprate boost << ok
- Go straight to bosses << ok fine
- Hunar appears > Sword untouched << ^^;

VH :
- Rares? EXP? << I don't think any decent rares there, Lambda stuff.. maybe..
- And yet go straight to bosses..
- Some ppl said "Go AQ if u want exp" <<< then WTH u doing here now, rares? :lol:

H :
- PPL going to skip also
- Meh, no comment :-?

isCasted
May 10, 2014, 04:57 AM
Human is smart, people are not. Example of thi EQ is one more reason to do EQs in organized MPAs, but this time it's simply pointless to do it without organization. If for other EQs you can be afraid of failure, you can still win and get reward. Here... Well, not getting anything is a failure, so you are pretty much doomed when you run it in pugs. If you don't have 12 reliable people, don't do it at all. Unlike with other EQs you don't even get any chance for reward in pugs.

Vintasticvin
May 10, 2014, 05:35 AM
Yep, 99.9% of SH mpas I've been through they always zerg him and sword is happenly untouched (regardless of blocks because even JP MPAs do it too). Communicating with the MPA doesn't even help much unless Hunar somehow manages to survive and do his AOE and somehow kill everyone else but you (in this case me) where you can just mock them until his sword is broken before rezzing.

Thats why you do an organized run with friends/guildies instead of joining a random MPA, thought we went over this already =/