PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to lower MAG stats WITHOUT a total reset?

Daemon Gildas
May 10, 2014, 03:10 AM
I've been leveling up a pure S-ATK MAG, but somehow, the bloody thing managed to get a point into Dexterity. I honestly have zero idea that that could have even happened, as I've taken great care to avoid ever leveling it up. Since I doubt SEGA would even respond to an English-written customer-service request, I wonder if there's some way to "revert" a few points on a MAG, without having to completely start from scratch again? (MAG is lvl 80 atm, 1 in Dex, so quite a lot of time and meseta invested, for a noob)

HaxMega
May 10, 2014, 03:12 AM
Nope, you would need to buy a full reset ticket and start from scratch.

Evangelion X.XX
May 10, 2014, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a tragedy. Sega's way of nickel-and-diming. Just get another Mag for 300 AC if you really want to go pure S-ATK.

I know it sucks.

And then after that, it'll probably take a about ~1-2 months to get it up to 175 S-ATK.

Macman
May 10, 2014, 03:18 AM
Eh, one point's not going to matter unless you're trying to equip Orochiagito.

Skyly
May 10, 2014, 03:35 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a tragedy. Sega's way of nickel-and-diming. Just get another Mag for 300 AC if you really want to go pure S-ATK.

I know it sucks.

And then after that, it'll probably take a about ~1-2 months to get it up to 175 S-ATK.

Has anyone ever calculated the time it actually takes to raise a mag to 175? I just bought a mag 1 month ago and it's lvl 110.

Aurorra
May 10, 2014, 03:38 AM
Has anyone ever calculated the time it actually takes to raise a mag to 175? I just bought a mad 1 month ago and it's lvl 110.

It goes a lot faster now thanks to 9* feeding, I think it took me only about 3 weeks to raise it to 175 S-atk, with the first one or two weeks being before that update.

Skyly
May 10, 2014, 03:47 AM
It goes a lot faster now thanks to 9* feeding, I think it took me only about 3 weeks to raise it to 175 S-atk, with the first one or two weeks being before that update.

You put my mag raising skills to shame :(

Macman
May 10, 2014, 03:56 AM
It's hardly an issue anymore. You feed one 9*, then an appropriate piece of furniture.

Daemon Gildas
May 10, 2014, 03:57 AM
Honestly... that's kind of it for the game, for me. I suffer from OCD, and there's just no way I can handle something like that -- especially having raised it to level 80 already. I've not been playing long, but I've spent practically everything I've made on weapons to level my MAG up, plus a few customization-options for my character, and the Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles statue, which I just gave to a Team member.

I'm genuinely baffled how it managed to get a point of Dexterity. This is the thing that I'm extraordinarily cautious about, and I don't remember seeing a point until just when I logged-on tonight. I wish there was some means of even *trying* to contact Customer Support, but I didn't see anything in-game (not that they'd be likely to help me, anyways).

Just super depressing to have to deal with crap like that, particularly in a game that otherwise I've been absolutely in love with (in fact, I've been playing pretty much every spare moment since I started).

strikerhunter
May 10, 2014, 05:29 AM
You probably (like me) where busy feeding your mag and didn't realize that you increased dex by accident. Doing pure mags makes it a bit more stressful but if it's just a few points, say 1-10, then that's really no issue and really not worth the 300AC unless you already have Orchirto Agito.

Shinamori
May 10, 2014, 05:44 AM
The thing is 4s Room goods are kind of expensive if you don't have the cash flow for it.

XPKun
May 10, 2014, 05:50 AM
Yeah that 1 point of dex really tingles the OCD senses...

You can do it in a week now though if you don't mind spending extra meseta. What you can do is buy 3pcs of mag extend devices (マグ支援枠拡張デバイス) right off the bat. Replace all the mag trigger actions with HP or Atomizer production triggers (生産デバイス/HP回復系 or 生産デバイス/範囲系). Feed it with 8~9* melee weapons then use 4* furniture (you can check the room goods shop) to control the dex while raising satk slightly. Now you just have to make sure you're in the field as much as possible (I semi-afk mag feed while watching/reading stuff lol) for the production triggers to work.

Good luck~

Sizustar
May 10, 2014, 06:04 AM

I know it sucks.

How is it Sega's fault when it's user error?
They show you what stat is increased when you feed item to a mag.

gaijin_punch
May 10, 2014, 06:10 AM
I did the same thing to two mags... Don't play drunk. It hurts. Might try again but not sure. My OCD sucks. Not sure what furniture works to lower dex and raise S-ATK. For R-ATK it's easy.

landman
May 10, 2014, 06:24 AM
Don't feed the Mag mid combat, don't feed the Mag as a mechanical impulse (unless you are rising a DEX mag with discs), and many other monotonous ways of feeding it, and not paying attention to the dex bar. Once the mag is feed, before leaving the menu, go back to the room goods tab, it will memorize the position, and saves you the error of feeding a weapon and fill the dex bar by accident when you come back. The Mag can't raise it's stats on its own, it was your error.

Evangelion X.XX
May 10, 2014, 06:54 AM
How is it Sega's fault when it's user error?
They show you what stat is increased when you feed item to a mag.

No one's perfect. Sometimes, mistakes happen.

I think it's just bad design.

Like getting OHKO, from bosses, because like I said, no one's perfect.

omgwtflolbbl
May 10, 2014, 06:59 AM
When I messed up on my r-atk mag, I set it to 5 points in dex and the rest r-atk.

I don't know why, but having my mistake at least be a multiple of 5 really helps calm the nerves when I see it.... lol.

Skyly
May 10, 2014, 09:19 AM
I actually get where he's coming from though. My S-ATK mag has 68 S-ATK and 4 DEX and I'm seriously debating on resetting it. I'd rather reset it for 500AC than get another for 300AC cause I'll still have that mag lingering around. You should be able to feed your mag the appropriate item to lower the stat farther than just the bar length. Watch Sega implement this in the future.

Macman
May 10, 2014, 12:32 PM
I actually get where he's coming from though. My S-ATK mag has 68 S-ATK and 4 DEX and I'm seriously debating on resetting it. I'd rather reset it for 500AC than get another for 300AC cause I'll still have that mag lingering around.
You people would go insane seeing my mag list. There's one neglected "jack of all trades" mag just sitting there being useless.

Lyrise
May 10, 2014, 12:47 PM
I actually get where he's coming from though. My S-ATK mag has 68 S-ATK and 4 DEX and I'm seriously debating on resetting it. I'd rather reset it for 500AC than get another for 300AC cause I'll still have that mag lingering around. You should be able to feed your mag the appropriate item to lower the stat farther than just the bar length. Watch Sega implement this in the future.

They won't do that; they already put in a down device to lower the bar of any stat to 0. 2 catches: you can't delevel the stat, and you can only obtain it with CP (Netcafe points).

Daemon Gildas
May 10, 2014, 03:20 PM
Why not offer an item, though, that lowers all stats by like 5 levels? That would create a lot of lenience, maybe for like 100AC? That's something I could get behind. It's not that I want raising a MAG to be completely without consequence, but that one ill-fed item can screw up your entire plan. It's not even the AC that's the problem; it's the thousands of meseta and hours dumped into feeding it.

EvilMag
May 10, 2014, 03:25 PM
I'd be cool for having something that actually costs less than 100 AC. I want to do something with this 50 AC I have leftover. >_>

blace
May 10, 2014, 03:27 PM
Welcome to PSO2 where one little screw up requires paying AC out the ass.

landman
May 10, 2014, 04:50 PM
You all make it sound as if Dex was useless, and dex is as useful as atk, unless you want to have a huge difference in min-max damage variances.

Ciel~Homura
May 10, 2014, 04:54 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/10359133_556013534515990_1205583089801363715_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/10321589_556013524515991_3804338276467629851_o.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll313/lyte_yagami/Untitled-01-1.png~original

Skyly
May 10, 2014, 04:55 PM
I'd be cool for having something that actually costs less than 100 AC. I want to do something with this 50 AC I have leftover. >_>

50AC seems feasible. 100AC is pushing it being that you can buy a new mag for 200AC more.

Welcome to PSO2 where one little screw up requires paying AC out the ass.

3 bucks to anyone in a industrialized country ins't shit lol.

You all make it sound as if Dex was useless, and dex is as useful as atk, unless you want to have a huge difference in min-max damage variances.

What the OP was referring to was his OCD. Any points in dex or any other stat other than his desired stat got a point flipped his lid which is very understandable.

Walkure
May 10, 2014, 05:00 PM
The problem is that only affects early-mid game, where you're using non-rare weapons and crafted weapons. When you've got your rares that are powerful enough to keep uncrafted, your minimum damage gets capped for free.

Skyly
May 10, 2014, 05:05 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/10359133_556013534515990_1205583089801363715_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/10321589_556013524515991_3804338276467629851_o.jpg[/spoiler-box]

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll313/lyte_yagami/Untitled-01-1.png~original

facepalm* I'm done! lol

Vetur
May 10, 2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I'd gladly rather buy something that can just get rid of unwanted stats and keep the ones you want. I am sure they'd make more money too, since probably a lot of people made the mistake and want to perfect their pure mag.

Daemon Gildas
May 10, 2014, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'd gladly rather buy something that can just get rid of unwanted stats and keep the ones you want. I am sure they'd make more money too, since probably a lot of people made the mistake and want to perfect their pure mag.

Exactly, it's a win-win. I'm heavily invested enough that starting completely over doesn't seem feasible, but I would totally pay to simply loser some of the stats I don't want.

blace
May 10, 2014, 07:20 PM
Won't happen which is why Mag tickets are purchased through AC.

pkemr4
May 10, 2014, 08:10 PM
Eh, one point's not going to matter unless you're trying to equip Orochiagito.

i have my mag build as 125/50 s-atk/dex and max dex mag and im still able to use orochi (not yet but its still possible now since lvl cap raise)

Akakomuma
May 10, 2014, 08:53 PM
Well, the 1 Dex will help with variance at least!

Bellion
May 10, 2014, 09:00 PM
Only if you're not using something 7* or above that hasn't been crafted.