PDA

View Full Version : G&M TD1 glitch - HP regen by shooting a wall

AIDA
May 11, 2014, 02:03 AM
Okay, it's not really a wall. They're the pyramid things in front of the blue and green towers. I was messing around and noticed that if you shoot them, you get HP back via Guild Milas, but not PP. And it only works on those two specific pyramids. Any thoughts as to why, or is this just SEGA's buggy coding at work?

Pics:

Shooting the wall and getting HP back:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/n6C1hwQ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shooting the tower does nothing:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/AISow0w.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shooting the other pyramids does nothing:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/llhv1fr.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Apparently the top of the pyramid is it's "weak spot", as I get more HP back:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/er53nx1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Weird, huh? :wacko:

Hobu
May 11, 2014, 02:08 AM
Guld milla. Of course you get HP back.

AIDA
May 11, 2014, 02:16 AM
Guld milla. Of course you get HP back.

But you only get it back by shooting that one object - Nothing else does.

HaxMega
May 11, 2014, 02:21 AM
Theres actually lots of random crap you can shoot that give you HP with Guld Millla. Boxes, message packs, teleporters, any breakable objects (Like trees/cactus's) some random walls, and a bunch of other random things.

EvilMag
May 11, 2014, 02:22 AM
I've known about this back when TD1 first came out. lol

You can shoot the cubes that spawn walls in caves to restore HP.

isCasted
May 11, 2014, 02:35 AM
You can also shoot turret stands. That's how I usually played it - shooting towers to get back PP and shooting turrets to get back HP.

Infiniteque
May 11, 2014, 02:43 AM
Oh wow, you were taking pics of that? I noticed the HP numbers from the distance but I had no idea what was going on. Admittedly, I wasn't even paying attention enough to the chat to understand what was happening since I was trying to buy AC items during the whole EQ.. lol.

That's pretty interesting though. I wonder why that happens?

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 02:50 AM
you can shoot the consoles in XQs as well

Chdata
May 11, 2014, 03:20 AM
You can gain PP from the towers lulul

Macman
May 11, 2014, 03:41 AM
You can gain PP from the towers lulul
Builds up Mechgun gear, too.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 09:04 AM
This is all over the game. You know the walls in caves and sanctum? It works on those too. You actually heal HP when you cut grass with Heel Stab.

There are two properties: one gives PP & gear, the other heals you with GMs.

I have my suspicions on how it works, but obviously am not 100% certain.

I suspect that GMs don't actually heal you for damage you deal - they heal you for damage you would deal. That is, something's defense and resistance are put into an additional calculation, to determine what HP you recover. If something has both (or just one?) of those values you are healed, regardless of any other factors...like if it has a health pool. This may have to do with overkilling an enemy, or it may just be lazy coding.

Then I suspect that PP & gear is recovered if something has a set maximum/temporary/both/either HP value, which would likely be just a simple check to allow for PP & gear building by shooting dinian/wonda shields.

Seeing as you've been able to recover PP by shooting dinian shields since the the pre-open beta, and I suspect long before then, this isn't anything new; just shoddy coding.

Z-0
May 11, 2014, 09:37 AM
The wall in TD2 gives you PP back if you shoot it with a ranged weapon, too.

The best thing about the towers is that you can hit them from the spawn points with a charged bow attack.

Xaeris
May 11, 2014, 11:02 AM
This is all over the game. You know the walls in caves and sanctum? It works on those too. You actually heal HP when you cut grass with Heel Stab.

What, you don't find the scent of a freshly cut lawn invigorating?

doomdragon83
May 11, 2014, 11:22 AM
Though not with a GM, I shot at the underside of Big Vardha (doing no damage of course) with a bow and regained pp

Tenlade
May 11, 2014, 12:09 PM

There are two properties: one gives PP & gear, the other heals you with GMs.

I have my suspicions on how it works, but obviously am not 100% certain.

I suspect that GMs don't actually heal you for damage you deal - they heal you for damage you would deal. That is, something's defense and resistance are put into an additional calculation, to determine what HP you recover. If something has both (or just one?) of those values you are healed, regardless of any other factors...like if it has a health pool. This may have to do with overkilling an enemy, or it may just be lazy coding.

Then I suspect that PP & gear is recovered if something has a set maximum/temporary/both/either HP value, which would likely be just a simple check to allow for PP & gear building by shooting dinian/wonda shields.

Seeing as you've been able to recover PP by shooting dinian shields since the the pre-open beta, and I suspect long before then, this isn't anything new; just shoddy coding.
shitty coding where objects are counted as npc's/enemies, so hitting them triggers mech's effects. Tower has HP so it prolly restores pp when hit.Milla's effects weren't in at the start of the game so they likely forgot to add coding to turn off hp restore if its an object an not and actual enemy being hit.

HIT0SHI
May 11, 2014, 12:15 PM
You can also shoot the floors from the Flying Continents level (the ones that drop down as a trap floor).

Rien
May 11, 2014, 12:26 PM
Aaaaaaand Elder Pain's latent does not work as well as g&m's does. ._.

Tenlade
May 11, 2014, 12:51 PM
Aaaaaaand Elder Pain's latent does not work as well as g&m's does. ._.

Im guessing it only works with mechs because mechs,rifles, and gunslashes weapons use hitscan (any bullets you see are just for visual effect) instead of collision detection, and sega forgot to disable hitscan detection with objects.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 12:56 PM
Im guessing it only works with mechs because mechs,rifles, and gunslashes weapons use hitscan (any bullets you see are just for visual effect) instead of collision detection, and sega forgot to disable hitscan detection with objects.

Yup, this is exactly it afaict.

Yoona
May 11, 2014, 05:27 PM
What, you don't find the scent of a freshly cut lawn invigorating?

It's the herbal remedy of the future.

KatsuraJun
May 11, 2014, 07:02 PM
The collapsing floors in Sanctum also do the same.