PDA

View Full Version : How to use zanverse on the new DF?

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 11, 2014, 08:37 AM
I heard this helps during the boss battle so I would like to know to to apply this tech on him. I never used this technique before so I don't know what it does.

The only wind spells that I use are zan, sazan and il zan.

Sayara
May 11, 2014, 08:41 AM
I think it makes all attacks wind elemental and a bit of boosted damage so you'll give everyone weakness damage.

I think.

Z-0
May 11, 2014, 09:35 AM
Use Zanverse so it "hits" people. Anyone in the field will have their attacks boosted by 20% either 1 second afterwards (if you use it uncharged) or 3 seconds afterwards (if you use it charged). The extra damage later is wind elemental so it should be able to inflict mirage.

Uncharged has like no range though so yeah.

ChinaSue
May 11, 2014, 09:46 AM
You do 20% of their damage. Their damage technically isn't boosted at all. I know in most cases it is basically the same thing, but I think it is worth noting.

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 09:57 AM
it also gets amped up by wind mastery and windmills latent, up to 28.8% with both wind masterys and 33.4% with a wind amp latent thrown in as well

Gardios
May 11, 2014, 10:22 AM
It's also affected by Rapid Shoot Mastery iirc, so if for some reason you're a BR/TE or BR/FO, be sure to use it once in a while on a cluster of players.

Rien
May 11, 2014, 10:41 AM
I use zanverse via covering the mob instead of the player. oops.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 10:49 AM
I use zanverse via covering the mob instead of the player. oops.

This is how we all thought it worked due to some poorly worded descriptions from Sega just before the tech came out, but now we know it's like a Megiverse that deals +1 hit to enemies instead of healing you.

MimiChan
May 11, 2014, 10:53 AM
Zanverse is one of the under utilize techs in the game, it's not limited to Loser.

Zanverse converts everyone's damage to 20% as your own damage after a brief period, in a 12 person MPA, this means huge damage, specially when the boss is under WB (I heard zanverse has some interaction with WB, not sure what)

Those satellite cannon that does 100k per hit? 20k of each hit will be yours, 50k shunka? 10k is yours, so damage really adds up and the thing about it is it's considered as your own damage which means it will work under megiverse.

Alternating Zanverse and Megiverse will not only heal you, but also everyone in the zone meaning them Shunka spamming can be reckless knowing each hit will heal them.

Some of the best way to utilize Zanverse:

- When doritos is stunned after you destroy four towers.
- When Falz Arm does that combo slap and is unable to move in a few seconds.
- When Loser got his belly open via Mirage.

Basically, every time a boss in unable to move and players are swarming, do Shifta, Zanverse, then Megiverse.

doomdragon83
May 11, 2014, 11:25 AM
Why couldn't Zanverse be a buff like S/D instead?

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 12:05 PM
because that would help make support much better in general and we cant have that can we?

Alukard
May 11, 2014, 12:35 PM
Zanverse is one of the under utilize techs in the game, it's not limited to Loser.

Zanverse converts everyone's damage to 20% as your own damage after a brief period, in a 12 person MPA, this means huge damage, specially when the boss is under WB (I heard zanverse has some interaction with WB, not sure what)

Those satellite cannon that does 100k per hit? 20k of each hit will be yours, 50k shunka? 10k is yours, so damage really adds up and the thing about it is it's considered as your own damage which means it will work under megiverse.

Alternating Zanverse and Megiverse will not only heal you, but also everyone in the zone meaning them Shunka spamming can be reckless knowing each hit will heal them.

Some of the best way to utilize Zanverse:

- When doritos is stunned after you destroy four towers.
- When Falz Arm does that combo slap and is unable to move in a few seconds.
- When Loser got his belly open via Mirage.

Basically, every time a boss in unable to move and players are swarming, do Shifta, Zanverse, then Megiverse.

So why would you need Megiverse in a situation where the boss is unable to move?

LonelyGaruga
May 11, 2014, 12:41 PM

Eh, I agree Zanverse is significantly underused, but you're exaggerating slightly. Zanverse and Megiverse do not stack, using Megiverse after Zanverse will override Zanverse and make it disappear. If you need Megiverse at all, you're better off casting it before Zanverse. It shouldn't be useful in situations where you can get good use out of Zanverse in the first place, though. Also, because it only works on players inside the field, it's not likely to affect people using Satellite Cannon, because they're both immobile and probably farther away from you, and it's not common for every single player in a 12/12 MPA to be in the field, especially with ranged combatants. Zanverse is absolutely amazing on immobilized or downed bosses, and I always spam it regularly around neutral or Wind weak enemies, but it's not as handy against Arms or Elder, because of their Wind resistance (Elder in particular takes 10% of normal Wind damage, so that 20-28% is really 2-2.8% against him, which is what, Shifta tier?).

That being said, it's absolutely the best support tech in the game, and more people should definitely use it.

Silver Crow
May 11, 2014, 02:08 PM
this makes me want to make a support Te/Ra, whilst weak bullet is loaded you have 20% less pp on techs, add that to PP save on territory burst and you have yourself a fantastic efficient supporting machine

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?075dbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkjdt9 bIn00000000Ib000000lbHQbsf4SIO2NIdcDHn00007b000009 b00000004OIdHkfGDI2mslkis00009b000000j

Gardios
May 11, 2014, 02:09 PM
Zanverse disappears visually, but it still exists for a short period. Try out using Zanverse, followed by Megiverse and then attack. You should still get the Zanverse hit.

That said, if you want to get health back, might as well use Resta for a guaranteed heal for everyone... and if you just used Zanverse, chances are the heal can wait until Zanverse disappeared.

Vetur
May 11, 2014, 09:32 PM
So if I understand correctly, if you are nearby a bunch of ranged players away from the boss, and use Zanverse, they will receive the buff as long as they are standing close enough, even if the boss is far off in the distance?

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 09:34 PM
So if I understand correctly, if you are nearby a bunch of ranged players away from the boss, and use Zanverse, they will receive the buff as long as they are standing close enough, even if the boss is far off in the distance?

If you're in the green circle you get the buff, no matter what.

It's not even really a "buff" in the traditional sense though. It's an extra attack to an enemy every...I guess half-second? Less? I'm not actually sure. Whatever it is, it hits after a brief period of time for x% of the damage that person has done, as wind-element tech damage. This is why it's mediocre against DF Elder for instance, which has high wind resistance. Against DF Luther however, it should be pretty great when used right. It's also good against anything with low tech or wind resistance.

It's just not used much because when you're already 1shotting everything 1 more hit a half second later isn't as good as just using another attack instead. It's situational, but in the right situations it can be nice.

Vetur
May 11, 2014, 09:39 PM
If you're in the green circle you get the buff, no matter what.

It's not even really a "buff" in the traditional sense though. It's an extra attack to an enemy every...I guess half-second? Less? I'm not actually sure. Whatever it is, it hits after a brief period of time for x% of the damage that person has done, as wind-element tech damage. This is why it's mediocre against DF Elder for instance, which has high wind resistance. Against DF Luther however, it should be pretty great when used right. It's also good against anything with low tech or wind resistance.

It's just not used much because when you're already 1shotting everything 1 more hit a half second later isn't as good as just using another attack instead. It's situational, but in the right situations it can be nice.

Oh, I see. I remember a team member saying to use it, but I did not have it that time. I will have to try this next time, once I get/buy the tech.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 09:41 PM
What's cool about it is that it can apply mirage with each hit - so that adds up really fast if you've got a ton of people standing in it. It's probably really good for miraging DF Luther's clock quickly if people stand in it while attacking the clock.

BIG OLAF
May 11, 2014, 09:42 PM
I think Luther is probably the first enemy in the game that really brings out Zanverse's usefulness, so it's good to have this discussion. Hopefully more casters utilize it.

Rakurai
May 11, 2014, 10:00 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not Elemental Conversion might work on Zanverse when using a wind element weapon. Could make a crafted Windmill useful.

In any case, I've been using Zanverse since the day it existed. Now that Il Foie got fixed, it's probably one of the better things you can set up a friend partner to spam, and it doesn't have to be hitting many players for its damage boost to outdo what you could be doing with standard techs.

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hm, Element Conversion is a good point. Does Talis Tech Advance work with it? I'm imagining a Green Duel Gaze build.

Rakurai
May 11, 2014, 10:20 PM
It doesn't.

It only seems to benefit from elemental masteries and general damage increases like Rapid Shot Mastery and Perfect Keeper.

LonelyGaruga
May 12, 2014, 12:19 AM
So I saw a 78K Zanverse tick during a Dorios run earlier. What even hits that hard to make Zanverse generate such an absurdly high number? All I had buffing it was max Wind Masteries. WB was in play on Dorios' core as well.

Whatever was the cause, that's the highest amount of damage I've seen from Zanverse, and that was just one tick of it.

Rien
May 12, 2014, 12:29 AM
Meteor Fist does.

Meteor Fist on wise stance with weak bullet can hit for ~4m (no, your eyes are not tricking you)

But since it only hit for 400k in this case, it probably wasn't the super high end knuckle.

Alma
May 12, 2014, 02:05 AM
7th charged cast of ilbarta can hit as far as 500k+ on wb-ed apos core

Chdata
May 12, 2014, 03:59 AM
I can't wait for something that increases how long support techs last on the field.

Until then, something important to note:

Casting any other support tech after Zanverse cancels the existing zanverse.

If you want a zanverse and megiverse at once, you need to cast a megiverse first. Edit: Actually I'm not sure. I know zanverse cancels zanverse, and vaguely remember shifta/zondeel also canceling it, but I forget if megiverse does.

One great place to use this is during apos dorios when the four towers get broken. It's a great way to see what kind of damage is possible with this. Just cast it wherever a large group of players are.
Mostly only good in MPA.

Silver Crow
May 12, 2014, 04:23 AM
So I saw a 78K Zanverse tick during a Dorios run earlier. What even hits that hard to make Zanverse generate such an absurdly high number? All I had buffing it was max Wind Masteries. WB was in play on Dorios' core as well.

Whatever was the cause, that's the highest amount of damage I've seen from Zanverse, and that was just one tick of it.

could be some braver doing Banish Arrow Kamikaze spam, those can hit for 999k

Rayokarna
May 12, 2014, 07:28 AM
With PP Bullet Save + Territory Burst PP Save, while having 125 PP you can get off 12 casts of Zanverse until you hit 0 PP. You get 13 if you allow one tick of PP regeneration at the end.

gigawuts
May 12, 2014, 08:14 AM
AFAIK all support techs cancel other all support techs except zondeel, which is likely because it can directly deal damage so it's more of an attack tech.

LonelyGaruga
May 12, 2014, 05:38 PM
7th charged cast of ilbarta can hit as far as 500k+ on wb-ed apos core

I think this must have been it, thanks. It was a team MPA, one of the people there runs an Ice build with Motav Prophecy and utilizes Photon Flare + PP Convert + Ilbarta spam. I'd use Ilbarta too, but Zanverse is doing way more damage than Ilbarta could, and Te/Fi anyway.

I can't wait for something that increases how long support techs last on the field.

I don't think that's strictly necessary. Zanverse lasts for 5 seconds, which is a pretty lengthy time frame. I can get 4-5 wand hits, charge it, and then renew it before it runs out. With a crafted recipe for faster charges, this can probably enable 5-6 hits instead.

Also, Gigawuts is spot on about support techs. There is no reason to cast Zanverse back to back, it's a waste of PP. Cast it, get a few hits in, then cast it again. Same Zanverse duration, but now you're getting your own hits too.

Chdata
May 12, 2014, 09:02 PM
Nothing's strictly necessary. SEGA could close the game if they wanted. It's just a pain that you can only cast 3-6 spells after having to recast it and less if you use a talis and need to JA. But that's only a problem outside of MPA usage, like if you want to use it in AQ for some reason. For me it feels like constantly having to recast it in between attacks so I only use it in 12 MPAs.

gigawuts
May 12, 2014, 09:41 PM
The short duration is an annoyance, yes. They skipped a perfect opportunity to fix that with the new techer main-exclusive skill. They could have easily extended megiverse & zanverse by 100% with that, and it would've been awesome.

LonelyGaruga
May 12, 2014, 10:48 PM
Nothing's strictly necessary. SEGA could close the game if they wanted.

Well, yeah. I just mean to say that I don't think it's that short and doesn't warrant a duration extension.

Vetur
May 13, 2014, 01:27 AM
If it helps, you can use Territory burst(and the related skill) to extend the range/lower PP cost.

Eyce_Theon
May 13, 2014, 08:09 AM
I read this topic 30 minutes before the latest Loser run, so I decided to try running with randoms as Techer/Ranger to see how efficient it would really be. My god was it fun.

My RA tree was fully open after a previous all tree reset, so I slammed a full 10 points into Weak Bullet and Bullet PP Save. My TE tree was my standard Fo sub tree, so I had PP Restore 10/Territory Burst 1/Territory Save 1 + Extend Assist 1/Long-Time Assist to play around with.

I never once ran out of PP. Or Weak Bullet. Quite the opposite, I was forgetting to keep up with things since I rarely play support in any game. Between applying WB, Shifta, Zanverse, and dodging, I only used Satellite Cannon maybe 3 times in the whole fight. Despite being the only WB in the party (thanks randoms) we still downed Loser in about 7 minutes.

Zanverse was superb with Territory Burst in such a confined zone, I had a few Shunka spammers in tow as I followed the broken clock into oblivion. Obviously building around it is as narrow as it gets, but since I didn't care about my RA tree anyway (used my second character slot to make a dedicated Gu/Ra) it's going to be a fun alternative when specific multiparty bosses come around.

GosamerWings
May 14, 2014, 03:32 AM
Eh, I agree Zanverse is significantly underused, but you're exaggerating slightly. Zanverse and Megiverse do not stack, using Megiverse after Zanverse will override Zanverse and make it disappear. If you need Megiverse at all, you're better off casting it before Zanverse. It shouldn't be useful in situations where you can get good use out of Zanverse in the first place, though. Also, because it only works on players inside the field, it's not likely to affect people using Satellite Cannon, because they're both immobile and probably farther away from you, and it's not common for every single player in a 12/12 MPA to be in the field, especially with ranged combatants. Zanverse is absolutely amazing on immobilized or downed bosses, and I always spam it regularly around neutral or Wind weak enemies, but it's not as handy against Arms or Elder, because of their Wind resistance (Elder in particular takes 10% of normal Wind damage, so that 20-28% is really 2-2.8% against him, which is what, Shifta tier?).

That being said, it's absolutely the best support tech in the game, and more people should definitely use it.

The top is incorrect, you can stack both fields on each other, or else me as a Hu/Te wouldn't be getting healed from the Zanverse effect procing off of other people while megiverse is loaded on top of it. Considering I have done Loser a couple times almost not attacking because being able to support a bunch of reckless all in Bavers and Gunners was more important then my crappy melee wand hits. -shrugs- I do the same at totems so people can heal while doing the extra damage and I can get healed as well. You use one, swing once to gain back a little pp, then full charge the other swing start over with the first one use. By alternating you can have both fields active at the same time till you either A run our of pp, or B the boss moves again.

Edit: And before it's said, I'm 100% sure it was the zanverse procing the megiverse heal since there is no way possible for me to have a constant stream of healing going on my character when I'm not using resta, or any techs besides the two I mentioned.

However it is rather annoying to use this on Gunners, ranger, bow bravers that keep their distance. but if you have the field you can cover a large area and just drop it where they are gathered the most.

MimiChan
May 14, 2014, 03:39 AM
I was wondering about that too, since I always stack Megiverse with Zanverse and it seems to work both ways, unless the reason you get heal is because Zanverse tick has a 1 second delay on it, and the heal procs right before Megiverse removes Zanverse.

But I do believe they stack, I mean, why would there be a reason for techs to cancel one another.

Rakurai
May 14, 2014, 03:39 AM
The Falz Arms actually don't have any wind resistance whatsoever.

It's hilarious how quickly they die with it in effect.

GosamerWings
May 14, 2014, 04:36 AM
I was wondering about that too, since I always stack Megiverse with Zanverse and it seems to work both ways, unless the reason you get heal is because Zanverse tick has a 1 second delay on it, and the heal procs right before Megiverse removes Zanverse.

But I do believe they stack, I mean, why would there be a reason for techs to cancel one another.

Nah they stack, I had one loser run with no deaths to party (minus whoever died during time stop), because everyone could no fear face tank the boss with Zan Megi support. Meatballs, no problem just do you do damage and get a full heal while healing me with Zanverse procs, it's a win win :) And I only have to press two buttons :P

P.S. I do not take responsibility for anyone that tries to full support Zanverse+Megiverse in a group with primarily long range users, do so at your own risk. It's kinda hard to get gunners to stand inside the Zanverse. Since they need to S roll to do damage.

Rehal
May 14, 2014, 04:41 AM
Zanverse and Megiverse cancel each other.
The thing is that Zanverse have a delayed damage so if you cast Megiverse after Zanverse you will heal yourself as the damage from Zanverse starts to kick in late.

Gardios
May 14, 2014, 04:46 AM
Zanverse disappears visually, but it still exists for a short period. Try out using Zanverse, followed by Megiverse and then attack. You should still get the Zanverse hit.

Spamming them back to back works, it's still a huge waste of PP though.

gigawuts
May 14, 2014, 09:12 AM
Spamming them back to back works, it's still a huge waste of PP though.

Only because of the individual hits they deal during the pulse - they still cancel eachother and 1-2 resta pulses followed by a zanverse would have been sufficient.

GosamerWings
May 14, 2014, 11:10 AM
Only because of the individual hits they deal during the pulse - they still cancel eachother and 1-2 resta pulses followed by a zanverse would have been sufficient.

K they cancel each other if apparently everyone else says they do -shrugs-... Even though This 1 second extra pulse seems to be a really long second... But if they say it does then it does lol.

LonelyGaruga
May 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
The top is incorrect, you can stack both fields on each other, or else me as a Hu/Te wouldn't be getting healed from the Zanverse effect procing off of other people while megiverse is loaded on top of it.

As has been mentioned, it is solely because of the delay on Zanverse hits. You cannot stack them. Try it with any support tech (besides Zondeel). Shifta, Deband, and Resta override each other, and have very obvious ticks to make it extremely easy to see, and when using differing support techs (like the case here), you can see the one you cast first outright vanish.

Zanverse has a long delay on its hits, so it isn't unusual that Megiverse is healing you after overriding Zanverse, but you're still losing out on Zanverse damage while Megiverse is active, which is less than helpful for doing damage. Megiverse is a waste if you can Zanverse just as easily.

Sega.

Do you even need to ask.

OK, serious answer. If you could stack support techs freely, we'd get even more lag during teleporter countdowns, because the Shifta/Deband pulses wouldn't be overridden by multiple casts. If you could freely stack Zanverse, the damage would be insane (especially with the Concentrated craft). If you could freely stack any support tech, it would heavily obscure visuals, no different from how Zondeel is, and Zondeel has had to get its animation nerfed at least twice to prevent it from obscuring gameplay too much.

And really, if you have to question this, you should pay more attention to how switching weapons causes techs to be canceled too. Except that goes for every tech, not just support techs (that aren't Zondeel).

The Falz Arms actually don't have any wind resistance whatsoever.

Not on their weak points at least. Their armored parts are neutral to Lightning/Light and resist everything else. Weak points take standard damage.