PDA

View Full Version : Test PM from PSO-Hack on Ship2?

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 07:46 AM
I... what?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93278919/pso20140512_083720_005.png

Anything I search for via Visiphone results in nothing. It just hangs without showing me any results. I heard that other clients crashed, but this happened to myself and a friend. Not sure what to do...

Sirius-91
May 12, 2014, 07:48 AM
Every JP is flipping out over it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23PSO2_ship2&src=hash

Tomo-Kinji
May 12, 2014, 07:50 AM
Whenever this thing happens, player shop is the first thing you can't access. 2nd is player search function. Pretty much most of visiphone function.

final_attack
May 12, 2014, 07:52 AM
I got one too.

Oh, so, that's why I can't search the visiphone (searching for items in player shops) -.-

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 07:55 AM
Don't feed them.

Misaki Ki
May 12, 2014, 08:00 AM
It's happened before.

It's pretty annoying because it breaks the player shops. I believe relogging fixes it, but I can't recall exactly for sure. (I wasn't online for this one.)

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 08:00 AM
Well, at least it's just Visiphone functions. I thought it was something a lot more serious than that.

Ephidiel
May 12, 2014, 08:02 AM
Ship2 *facepalm*

Srsly there is probably an english speaking group behind
And that in return wiĺl put a bad light on others

Dan Maku
May 12, 2014, 08:03 AM
inb4allenglishisbanned

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 08:12 AM
It's only 1~2 people.

seilent
May 12, 2014, 08:21 AM
Happened to me 2 days ago, can't search stuff in shop, relogging fixes it..

TaigaUC
May 12, 2014, 08:23 AM
Third time I've seen it happen in the past month or two.
I only log in to send GJs or an occasional EQ, too.

Wonder when SEGA will actually bother fixing the exploit.
Third time's the charm?

gaijin_punch
May 12, 2014, 08:23 AM
What level of lonely virgin in mom's basement hacks a game? 8?
Never really understood this mentality, and I'm from a computer background. O_o

K.O. Kazjivo
May 12, 2014, 08:27 AM
I relogged and it still wasn't fixed, guess I'll have to wait it out?...

DJcooltrainer
May 12, 2014, 08:38 AM
It seems to be the same people who have done this before. I heard they were crashing blocks on Ship 2 randomly over the weekend, too. They'll get banned, make new accounts, and be back to do it again sometime again in the future. It kind of sucks, they're really not helping with the way some Japanese players feel about the English community.

TaigaUC
May 12, 2014, 08:50 AM
Considering how many times it's happened and SEGA still hasn't fixed the exploits, I wouldn't be surprised if they just block foreigners because they're too lazy to fix it.

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 08:50 AM
Okay so, my friend and I are likely going to jump ship if this shit keeps up. Although he can't, I can speak a decent amount of Japanese to hide my presence as a foreigner (though I go around telling almost every Japanese person I meet that I'm a foreigner, anyway...). What would be a good ship to switch to? Or should I make a new topic for this?

Hobu
May 12, 2014, 09:10 AM
Why not jump to either Ship 4 or 1? Both are good ships, but there's limited English-speaking players to talk to. There's like 10 International clans in Ship 1, dunno about 4.

cheatpso
May 12, 2014, 09:13 AM
i wouldn't worry about all these hacks it wont do nothing to you.. its just children who can't hack so doing these things are amazing to them... NULLIFYING the id of the user it gets sent to probably sends it to everyone. They won't stop until sega fix it. but i know sega they don't care. :-? so either live with it or find another game.

cheatpso
May 12, 2014, 09:15 AM
Happened to me 2 days ago, can't search stuff in shop, relogging fixes it..

thats a bug with english patch.

Maenara
May 12, 2014, 09:34 AM
I've seen way worse mods/cheats/packet edits/hacks being abused in other MMOs. There was even one where hackers could use packet editing to access the developer console. Talk about shitty security.

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 09:36 AM
so either live with it or find another game.

Or, I could move to another ship where stupid stuff like this doesn't happen since I can buy AC. Since, y'know, Ship2 is the only ship it happens on.

Maenara
May 12, 2014, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't worry until they find a way to spawn bosses in the Arks Lobby where no one can fight back(And would probably cause significant issues with the server if not outright crash it because it wouldn't have any way to handle how to provide options for a player to respawn).

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 09:41 AM
I use the Visiphone frequently enough for this to be a big problem for me, so I'd like to switch as soon as I can get some more AC.

Venkas
May 12, 2014, 10:06 AM
Changing ships is a band aid considering they will move to other ships and do the same thing.

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 10:11 AM
What level of lonely virgin in mom's basement hacks a game? 8?
Never really understood this mentality, and I'm from a computer background. O_o

This^ hahaha
It's called being an American "troll"

Edit: this won't result in ip ban tho right? I mean this has hapenned many times b4 o.O no need to panick?

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 10:20 AM
This^ hahaha

Edit: this won't result in ip ban tho right? I mean this has hapenned many times b4 o.O no need to panick?

No, the PSO2 secret police are probably going to backtrace the IP addresses of every gaijin player, find out their address of residence and gun down their entire family in front of them.

And they'll ban you on top of that.

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 10:24 AM
Changing ships is a band aid considering they will move to other ships and do the same thing.

They're not gonna waste money only to get banned.

Daiyousei
May 12, 2014, 10:31 AM
They're not wasting money if they just create an account on another ship.

kurokyosuke
May 12, 2014, 10:32 AM

Would they really move ships, though? It seems that the people behind this only attack the server(s) with a noticeable English presence.

Punisher106
May 12, 2014, 10:38 AM
I say we find these people, and stomp on their throats.

But seriously, why the fuck would they do this? This is seriously starting to piss me off, they do this with every PS game.

Vintasticvin
May 12, 2014, 10:41 AM
Nyeh til they start "killing" other players then I would would consider worrying with my ween in my hand.

Atmius
May 12, 2014, 10:51 AM
They already do that from time to time in b20 though, or so I hear.

Kantalope
May 12, 2014, 11:06 AM
They already do that from time to time in b20 though, or so I hear.

Because b20 is always a reliable source of information.

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 11:14 AM
it's true, though, They do this from time to time. Last time they did it was in late march I think.

Alenoir
May 12, 2014, 11:43 AM
But seriously, why the fuck would they do this? This is seriously starting to piss me off, they do this with every PS game.

It's called attention whoring, and they're getting exactly what they wanted right now.

Silver Crow
May 12, 2014, 11:53 AM
sega just ip ban foreigners already, the people who play will be those dedicated enough to pay for a fast JP vpn and learn the language, that's the only type of people sega should tolerate.

pkemr4
May 12, 2014, 11:56 AM
sega just ip ban foreigners already, the people who play will be those dedicated enough to pay for a fast JP vpn and learn the language, that's the only type of people sega should tolerate.

or use WTFast and use cracking software or etc for unlimited trial.

and just when i tought the cancer was gone it comes back for to cause more trouble.

Alukard
May 12, 2014, 12:06 PM

No matter how fast your vpn service is, it will still be slower than a direct connection. That being said, have fun doing consistent quads from england. Your reasoning is flawed as well, I'm not sure whether you didn't put much thought into it or if you're just completely retarded. Then again, not putting much thought into something you're going to post on a public board is completely retarded, so it's the latter one.

[Type of people]...[tolerate]. That's a contradiction. Tolerance isn't restricted to "type of people" it is exactly the other way around. Tolerance restricts you from favouring certain "type of people" due to your own premises. Here is what sega wouldn't have to tolerate: Hackers. There is no reason for you to tolerate the intolerant. The culprit is not the english player base. Stop raging, son.

Friyn
May 12, 2014, 12:11 PM
Implying IP block would stop the hackers. In fact, only thing it would do is harm AC sales coming from western front. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a xenophobic JP behind all the hacks.

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 12:20 PM
It's called attention whoring, and they're getting exactly what they wanted right now.

This, just leave it alone and don't make topics about it.

Vintasticvin
May 12, 2014, 12:25 PM

LMFAO and the "Dark Falzes" will still come back on and cause problems to the server such a foolish fool you are thinking a region ban is going to save Ship 2.

Kietsu
May 12, 2014, 12:26 PM
It's only 1~2 people.

You clearly don't remember beta, wherein everyone just ASSUMED the hackers were English and Sega added the No Gaijins rule to the terms of service.

Shinamori
May 12, 2014, 12:26 PM
I never played beta.

Pugas87
May 12, 2014, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a xenophobic JP behind all the hacks.

This. It's not hard to type a single english word into chat. How is this proof that particular hacker is english, or from any particular country for that matter. It's not proof, its merely a conclusion without substantial evidence. I also agree this thread is just feeding the hackers ego. I suggest admin should end thread.

Silver Crow
May 12, 2014, 03:15 PM
it was me, I'm loving the attention. mwahaha, all your visiphones are belong to us!

Rakurai
May 12, 2014, 04:07 PM
Things like this make me glad I chose to not play on Ship 2.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2014, 07:09 AM
As if xenophobic JPs need to impersonate foreigners.
It's like watering the garden when it's already raining.

K.O. Kazjivo
May 13, 2014, 07:18 AM
considering the fact that the account was called PSO-HACKS.com, I'd say the hacker is broomop

Shinamori
May 13, 2014, 07:25 AM
That's the name of the bot they use.

btw-Niji
May 13, 2014, 07:40 AM
This^ hahaha
You do realize this guy isn't American, right?

Yamishi
May 13, 2014, 09:46 PM
I've seen the guys behind this, chatting in the lobby. They're going by the logic that if Sega's not banning them, then it's fine.

Personally, I'm worried that it will result in a region lock, much like how China is blocked from PSO2 right now. Sure would suck if we all lost our progress because a few guys just HAD to send whispers to everyone and warp around the lobby.

infiniteeverlasting
May 13, 2014, 09:51 PM
You do realize this guy isn't American, right?

well the only type of person i can think of that does this is an american :-? i'm american myself so yea... a lot of us are pretty ignorant, doing stupid things for our own entertainment without thinking first about how others will be effected. ^^; i'm only speaking from a highschool/biased point of view, so dont mind me.

the_importer_
May 13, 2014, 10:58 PM
This is why we can't have nice things :(

AkumaYouji
May 13, 2014, 11:18 PM
Why not jump to either Ship 4 or 1? Both are good ships, but there's limited English-speaking players to talk to. There's like 10 International clans in Ship 1, dunno about 4.

I'm on ship 4, there are a few English teams over here, but every person I've talked too that spoke English was from japan and were very nice and helpful. The people I've met on ship 04 seem to have the "you're not being a jackass so you're alright with me" attitude.

SammyKiller
May 13, 2014, 11:19 PM
I really doubt there will be an IP block anytime soon, Gaijins give way too much money from AC scratching for clothing to justify banning them. Just sayin', sometimes the casual part of the community saves the rest 'cause that same community probably spends the most money (even if it is stupid things such as clothes).

infiniteeverlasting
May 13, 2014, 11:21 PM
I really doubt there will be an IP block anytime soon, Gaijins give way too much money from AC scratching for clothing to justify banning them. Just sayin', sometimes the casual part of the community saves the rest 'cause that same community probably spends the most money (even if it is stupid things such as clothes).

I'm pretty sure they even made the es version for us to get premium/ac easier.

AkumaYouji
May 14, 2014, 12:28 AM
I'm pretty sure they even made the es version for us to get premium/ac easier.

This. I've spent more on this game than ever because of how easy it is to get AC now...

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 12:41 AM
Why is it that gaijin is so frequently used in this board lol.

FerrickX
May 14, 2014, 12:45 AM
Why is it that gaijin is so frequently used in this board lol.

because irony is always a thing in pso-w XD