PDA

View Full Version : Io’s client order: Just Attack Training I

the_importer_
May 12, 2014, 10:18 PM
I tried killing it with Tech, with my weapon and with my fists but for some reason, killing a Fongalf doesn't complete the client's order, what gives?

EverlastingGC
May 12, 2014, 10:21 PM
When I did this quest the first one I killed with a just attack did not give the Clear. I recommend you just keep murdering the things until you get a clear.

Yden
May 12, 2014, 10:22 PM
You're not killing it with a just attack.

After attacking, you'll see a circle appear around your character. Hit the attack button when the circle becomes red and you'll get bonus damage.

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 10:47 PM
I'm so glad that they finally made just attack client orders, I can't count how many people who reach level 50 without knowing that hitting at the circle appearance time doubles your damage, I never knew the term for it , but I always knew that it doubled the dage and is a mandatory thing to do.

the_importer_
May 12, 2014, 10:53 PM
I'm so glad that they finally made just attack client orders, I can't count how many people who reach level 50 without knowing that hitting at the circle appearance time doubles your damage, I never knew the term for it , but I always knew that it doubled the dage and is a mandatory thing to do.

I can see why, how the hell is anyone suppose to know this without proper manual or tutorial that's not in Japanese :(

Anyway, thanks Yden, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's the classic PSO melee attack!!! When I first played PSO2 and found out that your character melee by holding the button, I thought they did away with the system but no, it's still here :)

OK, so I can do more than 3 attacks and there's no more hard attack, but still, classics are classics and it's just like riding a bike too.

GHNeko
May 12, 2014, 11:38 PM
Well with Just Attacks, it pretty much IS Hard attack.

Normal and Hard are rolled into one button. And which attack you get is based off your timing.

They did away with Extra attack.

If you dont do Just Attacks, the amount of attacks you spit out is higher than if you do only just attacks.

landman
May 13, 2014, 03:28 AM
Techs can also be just attacked, my first fangulf completed the CO. And people who played PSU AOTI should know how to just attack.

the_importer_
May 13, 2014, 09:22 AM
Techs can also be just attacked, my first fangulf completed the CO. And people who played PSU AOTI should know how to just attack.

Ya, I figured that out yesterday, just don't know if it's more powerful than charge attacks which I'm really addicted to doing since it kills faster :P

gigawuts
May 13, 2014, 09:29 AM
Ya, I figured that out yesterday, just don't know if it's more powerful than charge attacks which I'm really addicted to doing since it kills faster :P

You get a JA circle after every single attack. It's merely a point in the animation where you get a bonus on the next attack, it does not change what your next attack is or can do. You can charge a JAed tech.

JAs don't double your damage; JAs increase your damage by exactly 30%. Hunter has several skills that give a further bonus to that: up to roughly 89% bonus damage for striking & ranged, or 56% for techs. Force has a skill that increases techs up to 43% bonus damage.

Pugas87
May 13, 2014, 09:31 AM

You can just attack into a charge, :) just click at the right time and hold instead of letting go.

Ninja'd by giga...

landman
May 13, 2014, 11:20 AM
I'll be honest, it took me some weeks before knowing I could JA charged techs lol but once you join a party and see Forces doubling your attack... you know you are doing many things wrong.

GHNeko
May 13, 2014, 12:50 PM
This thread gives me the feeling that someone should make a Tutorial video for new players lol.

gigawuts
May 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
This thread gives me the feeling that someone should make a Tutorial video for new players lol.

This is something that was answered en masse when the game came out, is pretty intutitive, and is part of the tutorial mission in the game with a video popup and explanation.

I can get not knowing what's going on when you don't have the EN patch (like when I started), but it should be fairly clear that they want you to do it after that.