PDA

View Full Version : So many techniques in this game....

the_importer_
May 13, 2014, 09:49 PM
7 different techs for every element. Sure, some of them are pointless, but still, I wish there was an easier to select different pallets than to go to the weapon pallets and then choosing the sub pallets.

There should be an option for your first pallets to be chosen are the sub ones, much more practical for Forces and while we're at it, why are all the weapon pallets together while we need to swap between groupings of 3 in the customization menu?

Using a Force is much easier in PSO2 than it was before, but there's still room for improvement.

Gama
May 13, 2014, 09:57 PM
yeah i fixed that.

created a series of gamepad shortcuts that give me acess to the subpallete elements, and alow me to switch the pallete quickly without having to stop doing anything.

Z-0
May 13, 2014, 09:58 PM
I want weapon palettes 7 ~ 9, please. I don't understand why we don't have them -- I would gladly pay AC for them, and for those who still scroll their weapon menus, give an option to hide palettes when you do this.

yoshiblue
May 13, 2014, 09:58 PM
Still lacks Reverser, Jellen (outside of launcher), Zalure (outside of launcher) and Ryuker.

the_importer_
May 13, 2014, 10:10 PM
Still lacks Reverser, Jellen (outside of launcher), Zalure (outside of launcher) and Ryuker.

Jellen and Zalure!

Holly crap, I never noticed they were gone, probably because I've been training alone all this time and didn't have to use them for teammates but ya, no Jellen and Zalure. They should have made those part of Wind and Lightning like they made Shifta and Deband part of Fire and Ice since they obviously ran out of ideas to get to 7 techs anyway.

While we're at it, they should have made reverser Ryuker and Reverser part of the Dark element. Ryuker's icon as always been purple and as for Reverser, well you're bringing someone back from the dead :p

Vetur
May 13, 2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah tech classes especially need more weapon palettes, since some of us juggle between using rod, talis, ans wand sometimes, then we gotta have the appropriate elements for those. And then my subpalette is already filed with support techs, skill tree skills, items, PB, etc.
I guess I mostly just wish it were easier to switch weapons of the tech users without having to have 3 palettes of the same techs for different weapons, seeing as they can all use the same techs.

I guess for now the best thing would be to select the techs you use the most and have those set to the weapon palette. For example this is what I have currently:

(all have il zonde as the first tech)
I have one for DFL (sazan + il grants),
one for lightning techs (sa zonde + zondeel),
one for TAs (sazan + il megid),
one for bosses (il barta + il megid),
another for bosses (na megid + il megid).

Then I copy any of the above for my talis depending where I might need it.

Used to have fire on one, but just gave up trying to cram it in because not enough palettes, costs too much PP, and il megid/na megid seems to do the job fine on things weak to fire with mostly better PP efficiency.

Macman
May 13, 2014, 10:45 PM
I dunno, I do pretty fine with just 6 pallete slots. 4 are rod/wand with differing elements, 5 is talis with zondeel ilfoie and ilmegid, and 6 is gunslash for emergency PP regen.
Think about it, do you REALLY need every tech set on there at once? Do you really use Gifoie, Gizan, or Gimegid? The only time I ever really need to change things up is if I need Zan for Luther or the status effect floors in XQ.

Though, some savable templates would be nice. It's annoying having to put my umblla stick on every slot whenever I go to swap between techer and force.

Rehal
May 13, 2014, 10:52 PM
I dunno, I do pretty fine with just 6 pallete slots. Think about it, do you REALLY need every tech set on there at once? Do you really use Gifoie, Gizan, or Gimegid? The only time I ever really need to change things up is if I need Zan for Luther or the status effect floors in XQ.

Though, some savable templates would be nice. It's annoying having to put my umblla stick on every slot whenever I go to swap between techer and force.

Some people have rainbow set of weapon, or bunch of area-specific weapon with Destroyer latent.

Gotta count those having to sacrifice 2/3 slot to perform the exploit dash too

Vetur
May 13, 2014, 10:57 PM

I totally agree with this.
It'd be nice if when we changed classes, it saved our previous weapon palettes so that when we change back, it will be just as we left it. That would save so much time, especially if you change to a class that can't use techs period. Setting them all over again is a real time-killer for me, that I pretty much gave up on switching classes for giving my subclass more EXP from COs. >_<

Macman
May 13, 2014, 10:57 PM
Also, remember you can replace your weapon's melee attack with a tech, too.

Z-0
May 13, 2014, 10:58 PM
Ew, don't do that. Use normal attack for a free JA.

Kondibon
May 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
Replace the normal attack on your talis with a tech to be a real pro.

Rakurai
May 13, 2014, 11:06 PM
It irks me that they still haven't allowed you to assign techs to weapons other then rods, talis, and wands.

Granted, there aren't a lot of weapons that would even be worth doing so with other then the Bibras Bow, but it would be nice.

Kondibon
May 13, 2014, 11:09 PM
It irks me that they still haven't allowed you to assign techs to weapons other then rods, talis, and wands.

Granted, there aren't a lot of weapons that would even be worth doing so with other then the Bibras Bow, but it would be nice.Personally I'd prefer ingame support for more toggle buttons. Using joy to key I'm able to use my whole subpallet, switch between all of my weapon/sub pallets (mid attack if I'm fast enough), and all sorts of things that I think should be easier to do by default. :/

the_importer_
May 13, 2014, 11:11 PM

Granted, there aren't a lot of weapons that would even be worth doing so with other then the Bibras Bow, but it would be nice.

I still miss my 3rd customizable button from PSO. Seriously, I didn't mind sharing my action button with my attack button :(

LonelyGaruga
May 13, 2014, 11:29 PM
Think about it, do you REALLY need every tech set on there at once? Do you really use Gifoie, Gizan, or Gimegid?

Gizan and Gimegid, sure, but Gifoie is really good, what are you bringing it up for? Don't disagree that 6 palette swaps is generally enough, but precisely because I'm constantly changing my palettes before each quest. Techs, in my opinion, require extra palettes the least, because the way elements work, you can safely ignore about half the techs or more for every quest. With melee classes (and Gunner/Gunslashes), running into issues with palettes is more likely due to basically having 6 PAs consistently available, whereas techs and ranged weapons (that aren't TMGs) can cover 6 techs/PAs with just two weapons, and always have access to those (7-8 if you dispose of the regular attack!).

At any rate, a weapon palette expansion seems as overdue as a third SP CO, if only by virtue of being features that were seemingly abandoned after Sega deemed them unnecessary, or whatever may have happened. I don't think either is strictly necessary, but it is strange that Sega doesn't appear to have any intention of adding more.

ChinaSue
May 13, 2014, 11:31 PM
I rarely cast from my weapon palettes. I use subpalette the large majority of the time. I think it is the best way to deal with casting from non-tech weapons, and even makes it easier when switching classes.

There just isn't a lot of room in weapon palettes. 3 palettes are usually dedicated to dashing, and 1 palette is most likely a non-tech weapon. So you really only have 2 to work with.

musicmf
May 13, 2014, 11:52 PM
They do really need to expand weapon slots to 9 instead of 6.

Implementing a "Toggle Visible" to allow for less rotation (Joystick users) would be a nice plus.
Furthermore a "Save class layout" would be really nice as well. (Kind of like how FFXIV lets you save equipment+skill bar setups)

They should implement a new hotkey for switching the subpallet. While it's normally Numpad (Or Number Row if you switched it) to switch Weapon Pallets; They should make Shift+Hotkey switch Subpallets.

IMO they should also expand our usable tech slots. Instead of 1~0, they should give us 1~0 & Shift 1~0.

Something like;
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s14.postimg.org/7frkfhwtd/Subpallet.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyhow, ignoring suggestion-mode; my work around atm is;
- Set Hotkey F1 to bring up Subpallet Window
- Set F1-in-menu to switch pages on windows.

That way, I'll have SubPallet 1 with 10 of my spells, but if I needed access to my other spells I would press F1 twice, and I'll be on Subpallet 4; then esc to return to the fight.

omgwtflolbbl
May 14, 2014, 12:02 AM
Button and UI customization in PSO2 is just extremely poor in general. After having not played for over a year, I was seriously shocked that these things literally have not changed at all.

I still can't believe that we can't save custom setups beyond a single palette per weapon.

doomdragon83
May 14, 2014, 12:22 AM
What launcher skill applies Zalure?
Weak Bullet is the suped up version of Zalure. Unlike Zalure, you must hit the spot affected by WB or no extra damage.

Considering how Moon atomizers are limited to 5 in the inventory and Cosmo atomizers are AC purchasable only, I highly doubt Reverser will be released into this game. However, there's no reason to not have Ryuker imo; why can't FOs and TEs save the little meseta and the space in their inventory?

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 12:59 AM
Reverser could be added if they made it impractical lol.

Slightly faster than Namegid charge time with the cost being a good chunk of PP and only revives to 50%, but retains the range of Moon Atomizers?

Or being relatively fast to charge, decent PP cost, but really bad range (Think; only capable of reviving someone within sword range.)

Totally workable. Keeps moons viable as well as Cosmos.

Macman
May 14, 2014, 01:38 AM
Who the hell uses Cosmos?

...What does a Cosmo Atomizer even do?!

Also if they ever EVER add in some form of renewable source of revives, it's going to be impractical as all hell (roots you in place for at least 10 seconds, revives players with 1 HP and empties out the user's and target's PP so they can't insta-resta). Gotta sell them Scape Dolls, yo!

FerrickX
May 14, 2014, 02:07 AM
Who the hell uses Cosmos?

...What does a Cosmo Atomizer even do?!

Also if they ever EVER add in some form of renewable source of revives, it's going to be impractical as all hell (roots you in place for at least 10 seconds, revives players with 1 HP and empties out the user's and target's PP so they can't insta-resta). Gotta sell them Scape Dolls, yo!

pretty sure that cosmo atomizer fully heals players and deletes all negative status effects, but you'd be better off buying dolls instead

yoshiblue
May 14, 2014, 02:10 AM
What launcher skill applies Zalure?
Weak Bullet is the suped up version of Zalure. Unlike Zalure, you must hit the spot affected by WB or no extra damage.

Me not checking the ranger tree. Saw it had Jellen, figured it had Zalure too.

doomdragon83
May 14, 2014, 03:05 AM
They need to fix the way atomizers work, all too often, I see myself and other people use a moon right after another effectively wasting it. It should be changed so that if you use an atomizer and no one is affected, you don't use it up.

pretty sure that cosmo atomizer fully heals players and deletes all negative status effects, but you'd be better off buying dolls instead
Whoops, wasn't really thinking there plus I never had it myself.

Rather than buying scape dolls, it's best to save up half dolls even though you can only have 1 on you at a time (stupid BS). In a party/MPA, someone can use a moon on you, if you die more than twice while soloing, it's probably best to back off and try a different approach/grind.

Terrence
May 14, 2014, 07:42 AM
Still lacks Reverser (...)
So true. A Reverser Tech would not penalize SEGA with their AC Scape Dolls since Moon Atomizers are here already but it would make FOrce and TEchter far more valuable.

isCasted
May 14, 2014, 08:29 AM
It should be changed so that if you use an atomizer and no one is affected, you don't use it up.

I don't really see how it's a problem with the game, it feels logical that visually used atomizers get... used. That's part of team coordination.

I would go with different approach. All mate/atomizer animations should be dodge-cancellable. You should be able to "rethink" If you started using an atomizer and see that someone else does it, or if you start getting attacked after drinking/throwing animation started. I think that would be natural of sorts.

Boltzmann
May 14, 2014, 08:45 AM
+1 for easier subpalette swap, preferably dedicated keyboard shortcuts. The amount of redundancy I'd be able to shave off my setups alone would probably make it so that 3 subs per book are enough. The books themselves are fine, as they can be used to isolate subpalettes of class combinations that share nothing in common.
And the game controls and control config are indeed a mess. Never understood why every Fkey up to 10 has its own entry in the configuratin menu, but 11 and 12 have to be bound individually on both the normal and shoulder camera menus.

IMO they should also expand our usable tech slots. Instead of 1~0, they should give us 1~0 & Shift 1~0.
That could be useful too. That lazy pinky's got to do some work for once.

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 04:22 PM
What I think would be dandy is if there a way to have certain keys on the board not apply to chat when direct chat is on.

Direct Chat stays on (unless you turn it off) when using a controller because why do you need a keyboard to play if you're using a controller, right?

It makes sense until you realize how slow it can be using the dpad to dance from slot to slot in the subpalette.

I'd be so happy if I could leave direct chat on but have dedicated keys to subpalette, as well as what Boltz said. Dedicated keys to switching subpalettes. My "press space to chat" habit from PSO lasted for months after I stopped playing. Even longer in MMORPGs. Really don't want to build it back up lol.

tt3_get_on_ts
May 14, 2014, 04:41 PM
resta is the best magic spell imo

doomdragon83
May 14, 2014, 05:53 PM
I don't really see how it's a problem with the game, it feels logical that visually used atomizers get... used. That's part of team coordination.
Maybe I should have said that if the only KO'd people in your range are already being targeted by a moon atomizer, you can't use yours.
Allowing moons to be wasted is dumb but it is as intended by Sega. I know that I said that it should be fixed but I also know that Sega isn't going to lift a finger on this issue, not as long as scape dolls are being sold in the AC shop.

I would go with different approach. All mate/atomizer animations should be dodge-cancellable. You should be able to "rethink" If you started using an atomizer and see that someone else does it, or if you start getting attacked after drinking/throwing animation started. I think that would be natural of sorts.I fully agree with your approach here, problem is that as I said: Sega deliberately made it so that 2 or more people using a moon atomizer on the same person/people will end up wasting the extra moons used.