PDA

View Full Version : For the love of-- These buzzos are back again? Seriously?

SakuRei
May 14, 2014, 09:14 AM
The PSO2 hackers are back again with the random PMing and stuff... My goodness... This will be damn annoying again.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/stdaniel_004/pso20140514_220913_004_zps0fd93f4a.png

Shinji Kazuya
May 14, 2014, 09:16 AM
God damn f*cking prick! Seriously? My game just crashed because of that hacker!

Arrrrgggh! Damn it! I hate them so much!!!!

We'll get IP block soon because of stuff like this.

xervah
May 14, 2014, 09:18 AM
and they teleport you elsewhere... outside ship :/
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10178060_803312346345910_3854941763964991978_n.jpg

gigawuts
May 14, 2014, 09:18 AM
The bigger problem is Sega allowing it in the first place.

After a relog the markets still won't work. No, I don't use the EN patch. The market was working fine, I got that message, 3 things loaded when I was pricechecking, and then nada. I've been waiting on tech PA frags for the last two full minutes.

Sega, seriously. You've been at this for fifteen years. You know these people will be in your game to do shit like this. What the actual fuck?

Shinamori
May 14, 2014, 09:27 AM
Don't feed them...

SakuRei
May 14, 2014, 09:29 AM
Man seriously, they don't troll in this kind of situation... They're acting immature or like an attention whore to be exact.

HIT0SHI
May 14, 2014, 09:34 AM
So this is what I've been missing for the past weeks or so?

Also can you walk outside in space or do you just fall endlessly? Sounds like fun... :V
But yeah that whole teleporting non-stop, player shop not working and game crashing is annoying.

SilenWhisper
May 14, 2014, 09:38 AM
I'ld ask what the reason behind those tests is,but:
1)I doubt there's any.
2)something tells me i'll regret it.
That said "PSO-HACK.COM",do us all a favor & vanish.

tfshadow
May 14, 2014, 09:43 AM

Have your shops come back? Went AFK after the Falz quest and when I came back I saw that PM and logged out and back in, shops still doesn't seem to be working for me.

This is bringing back memories of old PSO but not the good kind.

Shinji Kazuya
May 14, 2014, 09:48 AM
You mean player shops? I think the only block affected was 20. I'm in block 04 now, I can access player shops fine.

Kantalope
May 14, 2014, 09:49 AM
I'd be willing to bet that PSO-hack isn't behind this, but rather a disgruntled person trying to smear them.

ArataWata
May 14, 2014, 09:52 AM
You mean player shops? I think the only block affected was 20. I'm in block 04 now, I can access player shops fine.

I was on Block 8 when I got my whisper from our 'guest', I couldn't access the playershops on Block 8 and 15.

tfshadow
May 14, 2014, 09:53 AM
Ah Ok thanks. I thought it was player specific. I was on block 12 when it happened, seems to be woring fine now.

Scarlet.Haze
May 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
Was on block 11, then relogged to install english patch, and when I get back, visiphone works just fine.

Shinji Kazuya
May 14, 2014, 09:59 AM
I was on Block 8 when I got my whisper from our 'guest', I couldn't access the playershops on Block 8 and 15.

Damn! So the guy can access the whole server...

gigawuts
May 14, 2014, 10:00 AM
When a kid is running around a pool and slips do you get mad at the kid, or do you get mad at the lifeguard for letting the kid run around?

Obviously the kid shouldn't have been running, but ultimately it's the lifeguard's fault for not doing their job. Kids are kids; they're going to be irresponsible, but it's the lifeguard's duty to pay the fuck attention and prevent slips before they happen.

Don't get too pissed at this guy for doing something Sega made possible. These people have always been around in online Phantasy Star titles, and they always will be. Get pissed at Sega for making it possible and keeping it possible for the last few months, maybe even since the game launched. That is more than enough time to patch this shit up, whatever it is that's enabling it.

Hobu
May 14, 2014, 10:03 AM
So, is this only in Ship 2?

Shinamori
May 14, 2014, 10:04 AM

They'd been IP block us, even then, that's not gonna stop them.

KatsuraJun
May 14, 2014, 10:14 AM
When a kid is running around a pool and slips do you get mad at the kid, or do you get mad at the lifeguard for letting the kid run around?

Obviously the kid shouldn't have been running, but ultimately it's the lifeguard's fault for not doing their job. Kids are kids; they're going to be irresponsible, but it's the lifeguard's duty to pay the fuck attention and prevent slips before they happen.

Don't get too pissed at this guy for doing something Sega made possible. These people have always been around in online Phantasy Star titles, and they always will be. Get pissed at Sega for making it possible and keeping it possible for the last few months, maybe even since the game launched. That is more than enough time to patch this shit up, whatever it is that's enabling it.

Except the perpetrators aren't kids who don't know better, they're people who try to make and sell a product that breaks the game.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be mad at both.

Boltzmann
May 14, 2014, 10:18 AM

I thought the lifeguard would be... gameguard? Though in the end it's still sega's fault for hiring the guy who doesn't know how to swim, goes to work drunk and thinks searching people's privates is a proportionate and effective way of evaluating whether they are a security risk to the pool.

tfshadow
May 14, 2014, 10:30 AM
Seems to be, but that's probably because it has the highest concentration of english players. If most of the English players left to whatever ship, they could easily follow. Nothing really stops them from doing this to any other ship.

gigawuts
May 14, 2014, 10:38 AM
Except the perpetrators aren't kids who don't know better, they're people who try to make and sell a product that breaks the game.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be mad at both.

I don't think it's unreasonable either, but people are always very quick to blame only the perpetrator and forget that it's Sega who is ultimately responsible for what happens in their game.

You can be mad at both, or you can be mad at just Sega, but don't be mad at just the people sending messages. Sega put a big red button in the game and all these guys are doing is pushing it. They might have to put in a lot of work to find the button, but it's still there because of Sega and Sega should know better by now.

Daiyousei
May 14, 2014, 11:15 AM
We should also stop making threads like this to give them attention, if they read this and know the attention they're getting.

Remember long ago when we stopped caring? They eventually died down. And then recently with the new players joining PSO2, they resurfaced and the new members start making threads about it.

Skize
May 14, 2014, 11:29 AM
I'd be willing to bet that PSO-hack isn't behind this, but rather a disgruntled person trying to smear them.

https://pso-hack.com/index.php?topic=1068.0

Wish that was true, but nope. It's legitimately from pso-hack hacking around, just to screw with people.

And you guys realize... That they don't care about it if you talk about them or not right? Just cause you said not to talk about doesn't mean it'll stop. It'll stop when SEGA stops them or they stop.

Ouranos
May 14, 2014, 11:45 AM
There's nobody else that will take this matter more seriously than Sega, obviously. But putting the blame on them is like putting the blame on the family who got robbed at their house for not installing 'enough' security. I mean nobody wants to get robbed, right?

Hacking requires effort and intent, nobody just 'accidentally' hacks a game. In my opinion, 100% of the blame should be put on the hackers, but that doesn't mean Sega shouldn't take any action to prevent this from happening.

I'm not defending Sega, I'm just saying.

Shadowth117
May 14, 2014, 11:50 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable either, but people are always very quick to blame only the perpetrator and forget that it's Sega who is ultimately responsible for what happens in their game.

You can be mad at both, or you can be mad at just Sega, but don't be mad at just the people sending messages. Sega put a big red button in the game and all these guys are doing is pushing it. They might have to put in a lot of work to find the button, but it's still there because of Sega and Sega should know better by now.

This so much. I don't understand why people want to act as if SEGA is innocent as far as security goes. The hackers are lame, but there's a reason you don't see crap like that in other games most of the time. And its not because you don't have morons like that trying to "test" their BS.

Edit:

There's nobody else that will take this matter more seriously than Sega, obviously. But putting the blame on them is like putting the blame on the family who got robbed at their house for not installing 'enough' security. I mean nobody wants to get robbed, right?

Hacking requires effort and intent, nobody just 'accidentally' hacks a game. In my opinion, 100% of the blame should be put on the hackers, but that doesn't mean Sega shouldn't take any action to prevent this from happening.

I'm not defending Sega, I'm just saying.

Its not really the same thing. Thing is, SEGA had to provide tools to let them do the shit they're doing in the first place. Keep in mind that they've been able to change positions of various objects that aren't normally movable through their client somehow and have also been able to send messages to people it isn't normally possible to message. These things are only possible because SEGA left the means to do them in the game. So its more like SEGA locked up their shop and left sticky notes around with login info for the main company email and its main accounts on social networking sites. Even if its bothersome that other people gained access to those, they should never have been just sitting around there in the first place.

KatsuraJun
May 14, 2014, 11:54 AM
To be fair, you do see crap like this in other games, and on a much larger scale with far more damaging effects than "I can't use the shop for a few minutes."

Try having an item drop in over 70% of it's value thanks to hackers exploiting a certain daily dungeon. Overnight.

It's like if Photon Spheres dropped to 5k tomorrow.

And no, it wasn't botting, though that usually ends up being a huge issue too. Incident in question had mobs in a certain room to drop infinite amounts of the item in question until it was told to stop.

And then there was those fuckers who hacked titles with ridiculous stats on them.

Shadowth117
May 14, 2014, 12:00 PM
To be fair, you do see crap like this in other games, and on a much larger scale with far more damaging effects than "I can't use the shop for a few minutes."

Try having an item drop in over 70% of it's value thanks to hackers exploiting a certain daily dungeon. Overnight.

It's like if Photon Spheres dropped to 5k tomorrow.

Exploits in the traditional meaning are an entirely unrelated subject generally with no relation to hacking. There WAS an exploit in this game like that where people were able to dupe items via the crafting system. It was almost immediately fixed of course. And that's probably the biggest economy related exploit ever to be in the game.

Edit: To clarify, an exploit is something that's doable in the game without changing things in the game with external programs. Its unintentional, but you don't need tools to do it because the programmers made a bad system.

Hacking would be accessing things in the game's memory and changing them real time. Some things are going to be allowed to happen if one can get to the point where they're editing memory easy enough. Like the player's position onscreen. Notice how I said "the" player. To change things related to other people or non-manipulable objects in the game, they would need separate commands in the game's code which, while not normally accessible, the server would accept if given them. If you don't have these commands in the first place, there's no way for this shit to happen. That is why I call SEGA stupid here and others should as well.

KatsuraJun
May 14, 2014, 12:02 PM
Exploits in the traditional meaning are an entirely unrelated subject generally with no relation to hacking. There WAS an exploit in this game like that where people were able to dupe items via the crafting system. It was almost immediately fixed of course. And that's probably the biggest economy related exploit ever to be in the game.

It wasn't an exploit in the sense of a bug, I used exploit in the sense of the verb "to take advantage of."

As in, since one could only run this dungeon a certain amount of times a day, it was difficult to overflow the market with it without buying slots for a dozen different characters and dedicating your entire day to farming it, but the hackers bypassed that limit and crashed the price making it impossible for legit players to make money.

Since it was on the (always poorly managed) english servers, had it BEEN an exploit in the sense of a bug, it would have been patched out ages ago before making it overseas.

Edit: To clarify, an exploit is something that's doable in the game without changing things in the game with external programs. Its unintentional, but you don't need tools to do it because the programmers made a bad system.

Hacking would be accessing things in the game's memory and changing them real time. Some things are going to be allowed to happen if one can get to the point where they're editing memory easy enough. Like the player's position onscreen. Notice how I said "the" player. To change things related to other people or non-manipulable objects in the game, they would need separate commands in the game's code which, while not normally accessible, the server would accept if given them. If you don't have these commands in the first place, there's no way for this shit to happen. That is why I call SEGA stupid here and others should as well.

Yes, I know what an exploit is, no it wasn't an exploit in that sense. There's more than one definition of the word, hence me saying "exploiting the dungeon" rather than "using an exploit in the dungeon." I'm not arguing that SEGA shouldn't step their game up, but singling them out isn't right either. For the most part, they've not let hackers destroy the economy yet, so there's that... I guess. I mean that's better than like 70% of the MMO's I've played. Saying "you don't see crap like this in other games" is completely false unless you've had the blessing of living in Korea playing well managed servers that actively try to combat hacking, botting and other unscrupulous activities.

Granted I've yet to have an MMO delete things off my hard drive until PSO2 though.

Shadowth117
May 14, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yes, I know what an exploit is, no it wasn't an exploit in that sense. There's more than one definition of the word.

Yes, I'm aware of that. So please use the correct one in context to avoid confusion.

Regardless, pretty sure we're arguing the same thing here in that its up to companies to fix shit in their game. Hackers have the blame they have, but they should be prepared for since they're bound to turn up regardless.

KatsuraJun
May 14, 2014, 12:15 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that. So please use the correct one in context to avoid confusion.

Regardless, pretty sure we're arguing the same thing here in that its up to companies to fix shit in their game. Hackers have the blame they have, but they should be prepared for since they're bound to turn up regardless.

I *did* use the correct one.

I said they were exploiting the dungeon, not that they used an exploit. "Exploiting" is a verb, the "exploit" you are talking about is a noun.

And no, I'm arguing that you saying that you don't see this kind of stuff in other games is flat out wrong. You see this kind of crap, and worse. Unless, again, you happen to live in Korea and play KR servers where they actually seem to give a fuck as opposed to NA publishers. I'm not arguing that SEGA should get their shit together, almost everyone agrees with that to some extent.

Shadowth117
May 14, 2014, 12:19 PM
I *did* use the correct one.

I said they were exploiting the dungeon, not that they used an exploit. "Exploiting" is a verb, the "exploit" you are talking about is a noun.

And no, I'm arguing that you saying that you don't see this kind of stuff in other games is flat out wrong. You see this kind of crap, and worse. Unless, again, you happen to live in Korea and play KR servers where they actually seem to give a fuck as opposed to NA publishers.

Ah, true. I hear about people hacking triple A NA dev games all of the time. Oh wait.

But even then, we're not talking about NA stuff are we? SEGA started in Hawaii, but that has little to do with where we'd say its from now.

KatsuraJun
May 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
Ah, true. I hear about people hacking triple A NA dev games all of the time. Oh wait.

But even then, we're not talking about NA stuff are we? SEGA started in Hawaii, but that has little to do with where we'd say its from now.

NA developed games, no. NA published foreign games, yes. There's a huge difference between WoW and, say, Mabi Heroes. WoW is developed by people here so not only is it the home server (which probably means they give more of a fuck) but it also means complaints and suggestions aren't first funneled through a questionable foreign third party publisher before (never) reaching the actual developers. (This is why I mentioned KR, since most of the MMOs on the market come from there.)

Hell, even in NA developed games you see this shit sometimes still. League is pretty much the biggest online game in the world right now, and even it had a few incidents here and there like the 100% summoner spell CD reduction fiasco back whenever, though that shit was patched up instantly. Though to be fair it was a much higher priority too since that was actively ruining the entire game.

When you said "you don't see this in other games" you didn't name a region, so there's no reason not to include or exclude games based on region. You do see this in other games. That's my point.

Silver Crow
May 14, 2014, 12:43 PM
I really hate them for hacking pso2, since it's not an ego driven pvp game and the guys here are actually nice. like I don't give a crap about hacking games like wow or lol, in fact I applaud them for managing. pso2 is a chilled out game, why ruin it...

pkemr4
May 14, 2014, 12:52 PM
just when you thought the idiots were gone they come right back and fuck things up for people.

The Walrus
May 14, 2014, 01:13 PM
I really hate them for hacking pso2, since it's not an ego driven pvp game and the guys here are actually nice. like I don't give a crap about hacking games like wow or lol, in fact I applaud them for managing. pso2 is a chilled out game, why ruin it...

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/wynaut.jpg

isCasted
May 14, 2014, 02:22 PM

I think this kind of hacks is "chilled out" too. It doesn't ruin economics (can't ruin what's not there), it doesn't ruin fairplay experience (because there's no PvP)... It's annoying, but not more than that.

Vintasticvin
May 14, 2014, 02:50 PM
just when you thought the idiots were gone they come right back and fuck things up for people.
Like Dark Falz they refuse to stay dead.

Welcome to the PSO Realm they been a blight since the Dc days but I did take great pleasure watching them burn psu weddings downer than the ground.

Chdata
May 14, 2014, 02:52 PM

It doesn't matter where the game is from, any game from any region can be hacked. Think of it as r34 for game hacking.

Ephidiel
May 14, 2014, 02:58 PM
Are they only on ship 2?

Chdata
May 14, 2014, 03:06 PM
Are they only on ship 2?

These two specific English hackers, probably yes. But there's probably also more discreet jp hackers or even other eng hackers.

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 04:10 PM
For one, shame on Sega for employing GG when it does not have a good history at all.

However;

I'm not trying to defend Sega or anything, but I'm sure you all know that when it comes to software, that anything is breakable/crackable/hackable.

What matters is not to try and stop it outright, but to jack up the effort and time needed to break/hack/crack to such a high level, that hackers don't want to bother anymore.

Considering that PSO2 is PvPless and a F2P game, that threshold shouldn't be too high. Keyword is shouldn't.

As such, this means that this is a 2 way street. If the hackers persist for whatever reason and stay motivated and consistent; that means Sega needs to invest more time, money, and bodies into raising the threshold. If they can't raise the threshold high enough because the net costs grow too high and the cat-and-mouse game hits that "not worth it" threshold, then terrorists win.

Which brings me back to my first line lol.

Shame on Sega for using GG.

What hacker worth his salt doesn't know how to slap around GG like it aint anything.

NOTE: Shame on GG for being worthless is implied always.

tuxdude143
May 14, 2014, 05:27 PM
Oh god, I haven't logged in to check this yet but this sounds bad... If they keep this up then it will all be over!!! WHY do they even do this?!? Assholes!

tuxdude143
May 14, 2014, 05:33 PM
I say someone needs to fight back! I mean if sega isn't gonna do anything then someone else will!

Cyron Tanryoku
May 14, 2014, 05:49 PM
fight back by avoiding block 20

Evex
May 14, 2014, 05:50 PM
The simplest thing to do is just report them, and not just them but the site these hacks apparently came from. Sega might be able to close the loop holes the hackers are getting into if they know how they are getting into the system. Unfortunately if there only targeting english players, then those players might not report the culprits due to being afraid of being banned them selves. Considering every one playings PSO2 from these forms is violating the TOS in some way.

Though I have a feeling SEGA's programers are not following the golden rule of programming, if its not meant to be touched then you put it some place where it can't be accessed. For example if I were to set a drop rate for something then actual drop rate should be hidden behind a set of perameters that only let a set function call it. Things like object ID and other things that should not be read ally accessible should be the same thing. Though this is harder to do when you have a team of programmers each working on a different section of coding.

fight back by avoiding block 20

I was warned very early in my PSO2 carrier to avoid the /M/ that block 20 is known for being.

Macman
May 14, 2014, 05:54 PM
and they teleport you elsewhere... outside ship :/
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10178060_803312346345910_3854941763964991978_n.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Look what block you're in, buddy.

tuxdude143
May 14, 2014, 06:02 PM
The simplest thing to do is just report them, and not just them but the site these hacks apparently came from. Sega might be able to close the loop holes the hackers are getting into if they know how they are getting into the system. Unfortunately if there only targeting english players, then those players might not report the culprits due to being afraid of being banned them selves. Considering every one playings PSO2 from these forms is violating the TOS in some way.

Though I have a feeling SEGA's programers are not following the golden rule of programming, if its not meant to be touched then you put it some place where it can't be accessed. For example if I were to set a drop rate for something then actual drop rate should be hidden behind a set of perameters that only let a set function call it. Things like object ID and other things that should not be read ally accessible should be the same thing. Though this is harder to do when you have a team of programmers each working on a different section of coding.

I was warned very early in my PSO2 carrier to avoid the /M/ that block 20 is known for being.

The thing is PSO2's data files are already protected by 2 different kinds of encryption (ICEv3 and blowfish). A special tool is required to get into these files which is NOT publicly avalible on the net. This basicly means that these hackers have made their own decryption tool of sorts and are using it to break into the games code. The problem with this is that if they are using their own method of decryption then they could release this file to the internet at any time. If that happens then the data files of pso2 will be busted wide open. Its like a ticking time bomb.

tuxdude143
May 14, 2014, 06:26 PM
Hell, I think I may try take one for the team. If anyone knows the support email address for pso2 then tell me. I know that I may get banned but hopefully the hackers could get banned as well.

I'll keep you updated on the progress

Sent. No going back now. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Arksenth
May 14, 2014, 07:11 PM
-sparkles prettily on Ship 8-

Your fault for choosing the poor person ship, poor people!

Seriously though, this type of stuff only ever seems to happen on Ship 2.

Zorua
May 14, 2014, 07:17 PM
Almost makes me feel left out for playing on Ship 1.

tuxdude143
May 14, 2014, 07:51 PM
I've done it. I've taken one for the team and reported the hack website. I know this could get me banned from pso2 but if I can take the hackers with me I'll be happy.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of the situation.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 14, 2014, 08:27 PM
You've done it, you took for one the team

You've done what a handful of people already done

Hobu
May 14, 2014, 10:08 PM
Almost makes me feel left out for playing on Ship 1.

Nah, Ship 1's where all the chillin's at. 8-)

GHNeko
May 14, 2014, 10:28 PM
Sucks for all the people who picked ship 2 before it became infamous huh? >_>

I understand Ship 2 has a bunch of people of whom can be considered less than stellar but man people sure love to rub it in others faces for things they may not have know long ago.

...like me.

KatherineAlexandra
May 15, 2014, 12:16 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/f0IO4H7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
The player's character name is Zapero.
Would blacklisting him resolve any of the issues that come up from the test message?
I haven't tried it out, but word on the grapevine is that it ruins the player shops.

tuxdude143
May 15, 2014, 01:24 AM
I have no clue. I'll give it a shot

tuxdude143
May 15, 2014, 01:25 AM
Ah, slight problem here. Zapero returns 31 results on the visiphone. On closer inspection their all alts created on a different account

tuxdude143
May 15, 2014, 01:27 AM
Or you can just search his player id (-PSO-HACK.COM) on the visiphone and block all his current alts.

2128drain
May 15, 2014, 02:59 AM
A special tool is required to get into these files which is NOT publicly avalible on the net.

Yes it is. Repacking on the other hand is private.

Nilkemios
Jun 6, 2014, 02:48 AM
So even when they've ditched everyone but their "home" audience, they still slip up and let things like this happen...makes me all the more glad I looked elsewhere. Keep it up Sega...blunders like this are why you're in that rut to begin with.

Galil AR
Jun 6, 2014, 06:55 AM
Chaos... Such beautiful chaos.

Chidori
Jul 18, 2014, 01:16 PM
lol ^^

Chidori
Jul 18, 2014, 03:19 PM
ive seen them do this shipwide whisper like 8 times now. Its kinda annoying but i blacklist it each time i see it, best i can do unfortunatly.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 24, 2014, 03:27 AM
you know.. i have never seen the ship-wide whisper... i stayed logged in after one supposedly happened for like 12 hours, and nada... +^_^+
where's my hacker whisper? why am i left out? it's not like i haven't shared my sega ID or character name before....

Mystil
Jul 24, 2014, 12:04 PM
you know.. i have never seen the ship-wide whisper... i stayed logged in after one supposedly happened for like 12 hours, and nada... +^_^+
where's my hacker whisper? why am i left out? it's not like i haven't shared my sega ID or character name before....

It's always random. You're just an integer that hasn't come up yet.

Chidori
Jul 25, 2014, 11:20 PM
They havent done anything since ddos tho, hopefully stays that way but i doubt it ^^;

Vintasticvin
Jul 26, 2014, 08:29 AM
As long as gaijin lobby rats cant get back in the game things should be fine

Chidori
Aug 13, 2014, 10:29 PM
indeed :3